Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Describe Annie's feelings as she goes to meet her father at the train station.
2. What did Dr. Metcalf tell Annie before he left home nearly two years ago?
3. Describe Annie's thoughts when the boy delivered the telegram telling them that Uncle Paul had died.
4. Describe the two groups of soldiers that get off the train when Dr. Metcalf arrives.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. How did Annie's grandparents react when they learned that Uncle Paul had died?
This section contains 922 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)