Short Answer Key
1. Who is the main character?
2. What is Annie's mother's name?
3. Where does Annie live?
4. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
New York City.
5. What did Annie's father do during the war?
Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
6. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
7. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
The wounded men and their blank stares.
8. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
St. John's Veterans Hospital.
9. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
10. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
Making raspberry jam with her grandmother....
This section contains 3,490 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)