|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
(a) He has a cut on his hand.
(b) He is unsteady and breathing hard.
(c) He slips and almost falls.
(d) He cut himself shaving.
2. How was Andrew injured?
(a) He lost his gas mask and couldn't protect himself from an attack of mustard gas.
(b) A grenade was thrown into the trench where he waited.
(c) The gas tank of the vehicle he was riding was in exploded.
(d) He was in a building that exploded.
3. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(b) She sends Annie to her room.
(c) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(d) She refuses to discuss the subject.
4. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
(a) Plays duets with her mother.
(b) Plays with friends.
(c) Writes in her journal.
(d) Visits her grandparents or plays alone.
5. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(b) Baking cookies with her mother.
(c) Reading at the library.
(d) Walking around her neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
2. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
3. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
4. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
5. After arguing with her mother about St. John's, Annie goes to her room to think. What interrupts Annie's thoughts?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)