|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
(b) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
(c) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
(d) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
2. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
(a) The Last of the Mohicans.
(b) Leatherstocking Tales.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 28, how long will it be before Andrew leaves?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A month.
4. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
(a) He dismisses her apology.
(b) He struggles to hold back tears.
(c) He tells her not to worry about what happened.
(d) He gets angry.
5. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
(a) Dr. Metcalf is buying another car.
(b) Because Dr. Metcalf said no to a dinner party Mrs. Metcalf wished to have.
(c) Dr. Metcalf did not buy Mrs. Metcalf a gift when he came home.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has accepted a job that Mrs. Metcalf does not approve of.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
2. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
3. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
4. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
5. What does Annie's Sunday School teacher find disgusting?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)