|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
(a) The weather.
(b) Andrew's terrible burns.
(c) How rudely Annie's mother acts.
(d) That Annie has to leave so soon.
2. After Grandfather sends a letter about Uncle Paul's medals, what does Annie decide to do?
(a) Learn how Timothy was injured.
(b) Learn more about Andrew's service record.
(c) Learn more about Uncle Paul's death and the missing medal.
(d) Continue visting St. John's.
3. What grade is Annie in this school year?
(a) Tenth Grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Eighth grade.
(d) Eleventh grade.
4. Why are Annie and her mother avoiding each other the evening after her mother returns from her trip?
(a) Because Annie ruined her mother's rose garden.
(b) Because Annie's mother won't allow her to visit friends.
(c) Because of their disagreement over Annie's visits to the hospital.
(d) Because Annie spilled water on her mother's piano.
5. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
(a) Uncle Paul was a deserter.
(b) Uncle Paul was a hero and an example for his men.
(c) Uncle Paul was wounded by friendly fire.
(d) Uncle Paul was captured by the Germans and killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
2. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
3. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
4. After the mayor's big announcement on the Fourth of July, why don't Father and Ruth want to see the plans?
5. Before the dinner party, what does Ruth encourage Annie to do?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)