|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) Annie's mother plays the piano and Annie sings.
(b) Eat supper silently.
(c) They talk to Annie's grandmother.
(d) Read together.
2. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
(a) She does not want Annie exposed to all the ugliness.
(b) She doesn't think Annie will be able to get all her chores done.
(c) Because Annie is supposed to be helping Grandmother.
(d) Because Annie needs to go to Bible School.
3. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
(a) She thinks Annie shouldn't visit the hospital.
(b) She doesn't think Annie can cook very well.
(c) She thinks Annie will be bored.
(d) She thinks Annie's friend is a bad influence.
4. What grade is Annie in this school year?
(a) Eighth grade.
(b) Tenth Grade.
(c) Ninth grade.
(d) Eleventh grade.
5. The evening that Annie and her father go back to St. John's, what does Andrew promise to do for Annie?
(a) Ask men who were in Uncle Paul's unit when there was front line fighting.
(b) Write to some of the men in his unit and see if they remember when there was front line fighting.
(c) Ask his commanding officer when there was front line fighting.
(d) Ask Timothy what he remembers when there was front line fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, who do Annie and Andrew talk about?
2. In the evening after Annie's Sunday School outing, why do she and Father go over to Grandfather's house?
3. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
4. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
5. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)