|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ruth?
(a) Annie's mother's friend and a librarian.
(b) The mother of one of Annie's school friends.
(c) Annie's mother's friend and a muscian.
(d) A friend of Annie's grandmother.
2. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(b) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
(c) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(d) The accident outside the station.
3. What does Andrew tell Annie about researching Uncle Paul's death?
(a) That it may be difficult to find out what really happened.
(b) That she will need to contact Uncle Paul's commanding officer for more information.
(c) She may learn some unpleasant news about Uncle Paul's death.
(d) To have her father help her research Uncle Paul's death.
4. The day after receiving Grandfather's letter, who does Annie meet at the hospital?
(a) Andrew's siblings.
(b) Mrs. Lewis, Timothy's mother.
(c) Mrs. Crayton, Andrew's mother.
(d) Mr. Lewis, Timothy's father.
5. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annie's father work?
2. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
3. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
4. Why is the date of Uncle Paul's death in question?
5. Why doesn't Andrew's father visit him?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)