|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
(a) Annie's home and St. John's hospital.
(b) Annie's grandparents' house.
(c) The park.
2. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
(a) They walk.
(b) Grandfather drives his car.
(c) On the trolley.
(d) Annie's father takes them.
3. Although Annie is busy this summer and enjoying herself, why does she have times when she feels guilty?
(a) She is visiting St. John's even though her mother ordered her not to go there.
(b) She burned her father's dinner.
(c) She doesn't have time to check on her grandparents home.
(d) She isn't getting all the chores done at home.
4. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
(a) Oatmeal cookies and her books of maps.
(b) Books about Europe.
(c) A photograph of Uncle Paul.
(d) A photograph of her family.
5. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(b) The day her father left.
(c) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(d) The day her grandfather died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
2. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
3. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
4. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
5. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)