|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will Annie find out if the surgery is a success?
(a) She will find out when she visits again.
(b) Her father will call her from the hospital.
(c) Timothy will call her after the surgery.
(d) One of the nuns will call her after the surgery.
2. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
(a) Her mother is irrational.
(b) Her mother's dislike of anything that relates to the war must influence her mother's behavior.
(c) Her mother needs to talk about the war.
(d) Her mother ignores things that are unpleasant.
3. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) A convalescent home.
(b) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(c) To their homes.
(d) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
4. Why is Annie happy when she goes home the evening that she and Father go to St. John's?
(a) Her father asked her to assist him.
(b) The nuns are very pleased with her work.
(c) Andrew kisses the top of her head.
(d) Everyone at St. John's enjoys her cookies.
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Annie's cousins.
(b) Timothy Lewis.
(c) An old friend.
(d) Annie's Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
2. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
3. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
4. In the evening after Annie's Sunday School outing, why do she and Father go over to Grandfather's house?
5. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)