|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
(a) Leatherstocking Tales.
(b) The Last of the Mohicans.
2. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) Two brothers and one sister.
(b) One sister.
(c) None, she is an only child.
(d) One brother.
3. What does Andrew give Annie before he leaves?
(a) His address.
(b) A box of candy.
(c) A book of maps.
(d) His Purple Heart.
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
(a) To tell him she met the severely burned patient.
(b) To tell him that Grandfather is not feeling well.
(c) She hadn't seen him since yesterday and wanted to talk with him.
(d) To ask him to take her home.
5. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) County Hospital.
(b) His own private practice.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
2. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
3. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 28, how long will it be before Andrew leaves?
5. Annie is allowed to visit St. John's again, but now Andrew is busy. What is Andrew doing at the hospital that keeps him busy?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)