|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
(a) He tells her not to worry about what happened.
(b) He struggles to hold back tears.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He dismisses her apology.
2. Who does Annie's mother invite to dinner before Andrew leaves?
(a) Andrew and Timothy.
(b) Annie's grandparents.
(c) Andrew and Ruth.
(d) Andrew and his parents.
3. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
(a) Annie's father and how his work at the hospital.
(b) The weather.
(c) The patient's family.
(d) The terrible things he encountered when he was fighting in France.
4. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father.
(d) One of the nuns.
5. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) Routine things.
(c) What they would do after the war.
(d) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Andrew's home?
2. Although Annie is busy this summer and enjoying herself, why does she have times when she feels guilty?
3. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
4. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
5. How many siblings does Annie have?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)