|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(b) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(c) She starts an argument.
(d) She laughs.
2. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A Shakespearean play.
(b) A movie.
(c) The opera.
(d) A musical.
3. Why is Annie happy when she goes home the evening that she and Father go to St. John's?
(a) Her father asked her to assist him.
(b) The nuns are very pleased with her work.
(c) Everyone at St. John's enjoys her cookies.
(d) Andrew kisses the top of her head.
4. After the mayor's big announcement on the Fourth of July, why don't Father and Ruth want to see the plans?
(a) They think too many people will come to the hospital.
(b) They think the monument will glorify the unnecessary loss of lives.
(c) They think the new fire engine is too expensive.
(d) They have already seen the plans.
5. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
(a) Back to the church.
(b) To Miss Peterson's house.
(c) Blair's Ice Cream and Candy Parlor.
(d) To a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
2. What had Andrew considered doing shortly after he was injured?
3. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
5. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)