|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) The opera.
(b) A movie.
(c) A musical.
(d) A Shakespearean play.
2. After the mayor's big announcement on the Fourth of July, why don't Father and Ruth want to see the plans?
(a) They think the new fire engine is too expensive.
(b) They think too many people will come to the hospital.
(c) They have already seen the plans.
(d) They think the monument will glorify the unnecessary loss of lives.
3. During Annie's second visit to St. John's, who do Annie and her grandfather meet?
(a) Andrew Clayton, the man with the severe burns.
(b) Timothy Lewis, the man who is blind.
(c) One of the nuns.
(d) A priest at the hospital.
4. Why is Andrew having surgery?
(a) Repair his damaged mouth.
(b) Repair his nose.
(c) Repair his jaw.
(d) Remove the damaged skin from his torso.
5. What does Andrew tell Annie after talking to a soldier who served with Uncle Paul?
(a) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action until June 14, eight days after Uncle Paul died.
(b) Uncle Paul's unit was in action on June 6.
(c) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action the entire month of June.
(d) No one can remember when Uncle Paul's unit was in action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie is allowed to visit St. John's again, but now Andrew is busy. What is Andrew doing at the hospital that keeps him busy?
2. What does Grandfather say in his letter about Uncle Paul's medals?
3. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
4. Who is Ruth?
5. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)