|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) Exploding gas tanks.
(b) A bomb.
(c) Mustard gas.
2. Who are Frances and Charlie?
(a) Uncle Paul's children.
(b) Annie's cousins.
(c) The dog and cat.
(d) Annie's friends from the neighborhood.
3. What had Andrew considered doing shortly after he was injured?
(a) Study to become a doctor and help others who were severely injured.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Leaving the army without permission.
(d) Work hard so he could get back to the fighting.
4. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
(b) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
(c) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
(d) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
5. What does Annie's Sunday School teacher find disgusting?
(a) The food that gets spilled on the floor.
(b) Annie's ice cream.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The disfigured and injured men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
2. What does Grandfather say in his letter about Uncle Paul's medals?
3. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
5. Annie is back in school now. Where is Andrew going soon?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)