|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie invite Andrew to the war memorial ceremony on Armistice Day?
(a) She wants to spend time with him before he leaves.
(b) She does not want to go to the ceremony by herself.
(c) Her father asked her to invite him.
(d) She does not think it is fair that the veterans were not invited.
2. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She sends Annie to her room.
(b) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(c) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(d) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
3. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
(a) Why she ran away.
(b) What she had for lunch.
(c) What she is going to do later in the week.
(d) Annie's encounter with the man with the burned face.
4. The evening that Annie and her father go back to St. John's, what does Andrew promise to do for Annie?
(a) Ask his commanding officer when there was front line fighting.
(b) Write to some of the men in his unit and see if they remember when there was front line fighting.
(c) Ask Timothy what he remembers when there was front line fighting.
(d) Ask men who were in Uncle Paul's unit when there was front line fighting.
5. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
(b) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(c) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(d) The accident outside the station.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Annie learns how Uncle Paul died, why does she feel guilty?
2. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
3. Although Annie is busy this summer and enjoying herself, why does she have times when she feels guilty?
4. When Annie returns from the Sunday School outing, what does she tell her parents?
5. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)