|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Annie has too many chores to do.
(b) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(c) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
(d) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
2. Why didn't Andrew enjoy going to school when he was a boy?
(a) He got bad grades.
(b) He didn't like his teachers.
(c) His best friend went to a different school.
(d) He didn't like sitting still.
3. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) She and Grandmother will take Grandfather on a trip to recuperate.
(b) She has an invitation to play a new piece of music at a concert.
(c) She had an argument with Annie's father.
(d) She needs more books from the library.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 28, how long will it be before Andrew leaves?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Four days.
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) An old friend.
(b) Annie's cousins.
(c) Annie's Uncle John.
(d) Timothy Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie's mother do the evening of the Armistice Day celebration?
2. After Grandfather sends a letter about Uncle Paul's medals, what does Annie decide to do?
3. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
5. How will Annie find out if the surgery is a success?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)