|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They argued constantly.
(b) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(c) They grew closer together.
(d) They went their separate ways.
2. What does Annie do each day now that her mother has been gone for a few days?
(a) Visit St. John's to see Andrew and help the nuns.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Visit friends.
(d) Go to the library to see Ruth.
3. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
(b) Leatherstocking Tales.
(c) The Last of the Mohicans.
4. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
(a) They are glad to be back together.
(b) Their relationship is better than it ever has been.
(c) They're planning on going to the hospital together.
(d) There is tension between them.
5. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A cousin who served in the war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
2. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
3. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
4. What bothers Andrew about the special celebration to be held on Armistice Day?
5. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)