|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Women from the neighborhood.
(b) Other volunteers who work with her.
(c) Friends from church.
(d) Friends from the school she attended.
2. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
(a) Why she ran away.
(b) What she is going to do later in the week.
(c) Annie's encounter with the man with the burned face.
(d) What she had for lunch.
3. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is angry that she was not allowed to go.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) She is sad.
4. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) County Hospital.
(d) His own private practice.
5. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Aunt Felicia.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
2. Where does Andrew take Annie after the Armistice Day celebration?
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
4. Why does Andrew not say goodbye to Annie as she leaves after visiting the hospital for a second time?
5. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)