|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Annie and her mother avoiding each other the evening after her mother returns from her trip?
(a) Because Annie ruined her mother's rose garden.
(b) Because of their disagreement over Annie's visits to the hospital.
(c) Because Annie's mother won't allow her to visit friends.
(d) Because Annie spilled water on her mother's piano.
2. How was Andrew injured?
(a) He lost his gas mask and couldn't protect himself from an attack of mustard gas.
(b) He was in a building that exploded.
(c) The gas tank of the vehicle he was riding was in exploded.
(d) A grenade was thrown into the trench where he waited.
3. Why can't Annie hide the fact that she's been visiting St. John's from her mother any longer?
(a) Someone calls her mother and tells her that Annie has been at the hospital.
(b) A neighbor tells Annie's mother that Annie has been at the hospital.
(c) Her mother is home.
(d) Annie's father informs her mother that Annie has been at the hospital.
4. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
(a) Passchendaele Ridge.
(c) Argonne Woods.
(d) Belleau Woods.
5. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) A cousin who served in the war.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the date of Uncle Paul's death in question?
2. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
3. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
4. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)