|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the date of Uncle Paul's death in question?
(a) The war was over before that date.
(b) There was no fighting in France in June.
(c) The telegram the family received has a different date than the date on the death certificate.
(d) Andrew doesn't think there was front line fighting that day.
2. Why does Annie enjoy her grandmother's home-cooked meals?
(a) Annie's grandmother always bakes a special dessert.
(b) Annie's mother has no real interest or talent for cooking.
(c) Because her grandmother teaches her to cook.
(d) Annie's grandmother always prepares her favorite dishes.
3. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
(a) Dr. Metcalf did not buy Mrs. Metcalf a gift when he came home.
(b) Dr. Metcalf is buying another car.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has accepted a job that Mrs. Metcalf does not approve of.
(d) Because Dr. Metcalf said no to a dinner party Mrs. Metcalf wished to have.
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
(b) Friends of Uncle Paul.
(c) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
(d) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
5. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
(a) Uncle Paul was a deserter.
(b) Uncle Paul was wounded by friendly fire.
(c) Uncle Paul was a hero and an example for his men.
(d) Uncle Paul was captured by the Germans and killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the evening after Annie's Sunday School outing, why do she and Father go over to Grandfather's house?
2. Annie is back in school now. Where is Andrew going soon?
3. When Annie returns from the Sunday School outing, what does she tell her parents?
4. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
5. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)