|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Annie is busy this summer and enjoying herself, why does she have times when she feels guilty?
(a) She burned her father's dinner.
(b) She isn't getting all the chores done at home.
(c) She doesn't have time to check on her grandparents home.
(d) She is visiting St. John's even though her mother ordered her not to go there.
2. What does Grandfather say in his letter about Uncle Paul's medals?
(a) Uncle Paul received a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart.
(b) Uncle Paul received a Good Conduct Medal.
(c) Uncle Paul did not receive a Purple Heart.
(d) Uncle Paul received a Purple Heart.
3. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
(d) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
4. As Armistice Day approaches, what bothers Annie about the war memorial?
(a) That it is so expensive.
(b) That Uncle Paul's name will not be on it.
(c) That Andrew will not get to see the memorial completed.
(d) That Uncle Paul's name will be on it even though he did not die a hero.
5. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
(a) The conductor on the trolley.
(d) Miss Peterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annie's father do during the war?
2. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
3. What does Annie's father want to discuss after dinner the day Annie visits St. John's for the first time?
4. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)