|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(c) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(d) She starts an argument.
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(b) A convalescent home.
(c) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(d) To their homes.
3. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
(a) Annie's father takes them.
(b) Grandfather drives his car.
(c) They walk.
(d) On the trolley.
4. Why does Annie write a letter to her grandfather after her third visit to St. John's?
(a) To ask Grandfather if he is feeling better.
(b) To ask if Uncle Paul received a Purple Heart.
(c) To find out when Grandfather will be returning home.
(d) To pass on a message from her father.
5. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
(a) Annie's father should not be associating with Catholics.
(b) Annie's father should have his own practice.
(c) That she is glad that Annie's father is working at St. John's.
(d) Annie's father should be working at the county hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Annie's friendship help Andrew?
2. Where does Annie's father work?
3. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
4. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
5. Although Annie is busy this summer and enjoying herself, why does she have times when she feels guilty?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)