|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
(a) Writes in her journal.
(b) Plays with friends.
(c) Plays duets with her mother.
(d) Visits her grandparents or plays alone.
2. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Walking around her neighborhood.
(b) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(c) Baking cookies with her mother.
(d) Reading at the library.
3. Why does Mrs. Crayton visit Annie after school starts?
(a) To thank her for helping Andrew to recover.
(b) To introduce her to Andrew's siblings.
(c) To ask her to visit her and Andrew at their home.
(d) To introduce her to Mr. Crayton.
4. What had Andrew considered doing shortly after he was injured?
(a) Leaving the army without permission.
(b) Work hard so he could get back to the fighting.
(c) Study to become a doctor and help others who were severely injured.
(d) Killing himself.
5. Although Annie is busy this summer and enjoying herself, why does she have times when she feels guilty?
(a) She burned her father's dinner.
(b) She isn't getting all the chores done at home.
(c) She doesn't have time to check on her grandparents home.
(d) She is visiting St. John's even though her mother ordered her not to go there.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
2. How did Uncle Paul die?
3. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
4. Who is Ruth?
5. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)