|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
(a) Uncle Paul was a hero and an example for his men.
(b) Uncle Paul was captured by the Germans and killed.
(c) Uncle Paul was a deserter.
(d) Uncle Paul was wounded by friendly fire.
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) To their homes.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) A convalescent home.
(d) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
3. According to Annie, what did Uncle Paul earn for his service in the Army?
(a) Medals for courage.
(b) A Purple Heart.
(c) An Iron Cross.
(d) A commendation.
4. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
(a) Because her mother was so rude.
(b) Because she ran away the first day she met him.
(c) Because she didn't bring anything to read to him.
(d) Because she forgot to bring cookies.
5. What will be done for Timothy's condition soon?
(a) He will learn Braille.
(b) The doctors will use a new salve on his eyes.
(c) His bandages will be removed.
(d) He will have an operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
2. What does Andrew tell Annie after talking to a soldier who served with Uncle Paul?
3. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
4. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
5. Why doesn't Annie visit the hospital a few days after she receives Grandfather's letter?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)