|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 28, how long will it be before Andrew leaves?
(a) Four days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three weeks.
2. As Armistice Day approaches, what bothers Annie about the war memorial?
(a) That it is so expensive.
(b) That Andrew will not get to see the memorial completed.
(c) That Uncle Paul's name will be on it even though he did not die a hero.
(d) That Uncle Paul's name will not be on it.
3. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
(a) Her mother's return.
(b) Visiting Andrew and Timothy.
(c) The beginning of another school year.
(d) Learning more about Uncle Paul's death.
4. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
(a) Visits her grandparents or plays alone.
(b) Writes in her journal.
(c) Plays with friends.
(d) Plays duets with her mother.
5. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is angry that she was not allowed to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. The newspaper is on the steps when Annie returns home from the Sunday School outing. What is the front page headline?
2. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
3. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
4. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
5. Why do Annie and her father visit St. John's in the evening a couple days after Grandfather writes Annie?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)