|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The newspaper is on the steps when Annie returns home from the Sunday School outing. What is the front page headline?
(a) Vice President Marshall to Visit Kansas City.
(b) War Monument Donations at 90%.
(c) President Wilson to Visit Kansas City.
(d) World Peace Signed and Sealed at Versailles.
2. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
(a) Annie's grandfather asks her to reconsider.
(b) Ruth convinces Annie's mother to allow Annie to visit.
(c) Andrew calls Annie's mother and asks if she can visit again.
(d) Annie's father convinces her of the importance of Annie's visits to the soldiers.
3. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) Music, opera, and social issues.
(b) His experiences during the war.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
4. Why does Annie write a letter to her grandfather after her third visit to St. John's?
(a) To find out when Grandfather will be returning home.
(b) To pass on a message from her father.
(c) To ask Grandfather if he is feeling better.
(d) To ask if Uncle Paul received a Purple Heart.
5. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) To their homes.
(b) A convalescent home.
(c) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(d) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
2. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
3. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
4. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
5. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)