|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
(a) That Annie's father still refuses to work at the county hospital.
(b) That Annie's father allowed her to visit the hospital daily.
(c) That Annie didn't keep up with the household chores while her mother was gone.
(d) That Annie didn't attend Sunday School while her mother was gone.
2. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
(a) She thinks Annie shouldn't visit the hospital.
(b) She doesn't think Annie can cook very well.
(c) She thinks Annie will be bored.
(d) She thinks Annie's friend is a bad influence.
3. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
(a) To take Annie to see her father.
(b) To stay with Annie and her grandmother.
(c) To give Annie another book.
(d) To talk with Annie's mother.
4. The newspaper is on the steps when Annie returns home from the Sunday School outing. What is the front page headline?
(a) Vice President Marshall to Visit Kansas City.
(b) World Peace Signed and Sealed at Versailles.
(c) War Monument Donations at 90%.
(d) President Wilson to Visit Kansas City.
5. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) Read together.
(b) Annie's mother plays the piano and Annie sings.
(c) They talk to Annie's grandmother.
(d) Eat supper silently.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
2. Why is Annie so angry with her mother as they drive away from St. John's after Annie's second visit?
3. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
4. What does Annie do with her newfound freedom while her mother and her grandparents are gone on their trip?
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)