|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He goes back home.
(b) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(c) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
2. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A movie.
(c) Annie's house.
(d) The city park.
3. The evening that Annie and her father go back to St. John's, what does Andrew promise to do for Annie?
(a) Write to some of the men in his unit and see if they remember when there was front line fighting.
(b) Ask Timothy what he remembers when there was front line fighting.
(c) Ask his commanding officer when there was front line fighting.
(d) Ask men who were in Uncle Paul's unit when there was front line fighting.
4. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) County Hospital.
(d) His own private practice.
5. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
(a) Annie's father convinces her of the importance of Annie's visits to the soldiers.
(b) Andrew calls Annie's mother and asks if she can visit again.
(c) Annie's grandfather asks her to reconsider.
(d) Ruth convinces Annie's mother to allow Annie to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
2. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
3. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
5. Where is Andrew's home?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)