|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell Annie about researching Uncle Paul's death?
(a) That she will need to contact Uncle Paul's commanding officer for more information.
(b) She may learn some unpleasant news about Uncle Paul's death.
(c) That it may be difficult to find out what really happened.
(d) To have her father help her research Uncle Paul's death.
2. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
(a) Annie has been asked to volunteer at the hospital.
(b) There is a new treatment for Andrew's injuries.
(c) Annie has a job working at the library.
(d) Timothy has regained his sight.
3. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie's grandfather do while she talks to one of the patients?
(a) Continues reading to Timothy.
(b) Asks Andrew about his war experiences.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Eats a snack.
4. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
(a) Miss Peterson.
(b) Annie's grandmother.
(c) Annie's father.
(d) Annie's mother.
5. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
(a) He cut himself shaving.
(b) He slips and almost falls.
(c) He is unsteady and breathing hard.
(d) He has a cut on his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
2. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
3. Why can't Annie hide the fact that she's been visiting St. John's from her mother any longer?
4. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
5. What does Ruth show Annie?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)