|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) Madame Butterfly.
(b) La Boheme.
(c) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
2. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
(a) The terrible things he encountered when he was fighting in France.
(b) The weather.
(c) The patient's family.
(d) Annie's father and how his work at the hospital.
3. When and where did Uncle Paul die?
(a) June 6, 1918, in France.
(b) January 4, 1918, in France.
(c) April 14, 1918, in Germany.
(d) October, 5, 1917, in Germany.
4. The day after receiving Grandfather's letter, who does Annie meet at the hospital?
(a) Mr. Lewis, Timothy's father.
(b) Mrs. Crayton, Andrew's mother.
(c) Andrew's siblings.
(d) Mrs. Lewis, Timothy's mother.
5. What medal did Andrew receive?
(a) Distinguished Service Medal.
(b) Bronze Star.
(c) A letter of commendation.
(d) Purple Heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
2. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
3. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
4. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
5. Why doesn't Annie visit the hospital a few days after she receives Grandfather's letter?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)