|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Annie visit the hospital a few days after she receives Grandfather's letter?
(a) Andrew is having medical tests.
(b) Andrew asked her not to visit.
(c) She has to see Ruth at the library.
(d) Her father told her to stay home.
2. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) One brother.
(b) Two brothers and one sister.
(c) None, she is an only child.
(d) One sister.
3. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
(a) She does not want Annie exposed to all the ugliness.
(b) Because Annie needs to go to Bible School.
(c) She doesn't think Annie will be able to get all her chores done.
(d) Because Annie is supposed to be helping Grandmother.
4. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Aunt Felicia.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. The evening that Annie and her father go back to St. John's, what does Andrew promise to do for Annie?
(a) Ask his commanding officer when there was front line fighting.
(b) Write to some of the men in his unit and see if they remember when there was front line fighting.
(c) Ask men who were in Uncle Paul's unit when there was front line fighting.
(d) Ask Timothy what he remembers when there was front line fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
2. How was Andrew injured?
3. What does Andrew tell Annie after talking to a soldier who served with Uncle Paul?
4. How does Annie celebrate the Fourth of July this summer?
5. After the mayor's big announcement on the Fourth of July, why don't Father and Ruth want to see the plans?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)