|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) Mustard gas.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Exploding gas tanks.
2. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(b) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(c) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(d) She has a piece of music to finish.
3. What will be done for Timothy's condition soon?
(a) His bandages will be removed.
(b) He will have an operation.
(c) He will learn Braille.
(d) The doctors will use a new salve on his eyes.
4. What had Andrew considered doing shortly after he was injured?
(a) Killing himself.
(b) Study to become a doctor and help others who were severely injured.
(c) Work hard so he could get back to the fighting.
(d) Leaving the army without permission.
5. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(b) They went their separate ways.
(c) They grew closer together.
(d) They argued constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
2. What did Annie's father do during the war?
3. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
4. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
5. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)