|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ruth?
(a) The mother of one of Annie's school friends.
(b) Annie's mother's friend and a librarian.
(c) A friend of Annie's grandmother.
(d) Annie's mother's friend and a muscian.
2. Why is the date of Uncle Paul's death in question?
(a) There was no fighting in France in June.
(b) The war was over before that date.
(c) Andrew doesn't think there was front line fighting that day.
(d) The telegram the family received has a different date than the date on the death certificate.
3. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He goes back home.
(b) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(c) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(d) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(b) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(d) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
5. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She enjoys poetry.
(b) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(c) She loves to read.
(d) She wants to know more about the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
2. What does Andrew appreciate about Annie?
3. The day after receiving Grandfather's letter, who does Annie meet at the hospital?
4. Who tells Annie how Uncle Paul died?
5. What does Ruth show Annie?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)