|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
(a) She will be fine at home alone.
(b) She will look after the chickens.
(c) She will visit Timothy and read to him.
(d) She will write him frequently.
2. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
(a) There is a new treatment for Andrew's injuries.
(b) Annie has a job working at the library.
(c) Annie has been asked to volunteer at the hospital.
(d) Timothy has regained his sight.
3. Why are Annie and her mother avoiding each other the evening after her mother returns from her trip?
(a) Because Annie ruined her mother's rose garden.
(b) Because Annie spilled water on her mother's piano.
(c) Because Annie's mother won't allow her to visit friends.
(d) Because of their disagreement over Annie's visits to the hospital.
4. Where does Annie live?
(a) New York City.
(b) Grand Island.
(c) Kansas City.
5. Who is the main character?
(a) Abigail McBride.
(b) Angela Martin.
(c) Alexandra Mooney.
(d) Annie Metcalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
2. It is almost time for Annie's mother to return home. What season of the year is ending?
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
4. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
5. Why is the date of Uncle Paul's death in question?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)