|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
(a) The cotton candy and the special circus performance.
(b) Picnics with Grandmother's delicious food, the parade, and most of all the fireworks.
(c) Spending time with her cousins.
(d) Spending the day with friends.
2. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
(a) What she had for lunch.
(b) What she is going to do later in the week.
(c) Why she ran away.
(d) Annie's encounter with the man with the burned face.
3. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
(a) A monument will be built to honor the soliders.
(b) The fireworks will begin after dark.
(c) The city is buying a fire engine.
(d) They need volunteers to visit injured soldiers.
4. Where is Andrew's home?
(a) A house near Annie's neighborhood.
(b) A farm in a nearby town.
(c) An apartment building downtown.
(d) Near Aunt Felicia's house.
5. Why are Annie's days a flurry of activity now that her mother has been gone for awhile?
(a) She gets together with friends every day.
(b) She has many chores to do at home and she visits Andrew every day.
(c) She helps Ruth at the library.
(d) She is taking a summer school class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
2. What will be done for Timothy's condition soon?
3. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
4. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
5. Why is Andrew having surgery?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)