|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie live?
(b) Kansas City.
(c) Grand Island.
(d) New York City.
2. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
(a) A photograph of her family.
(b) A photograph of Uncle Paul.
(c) Books about Europe.
(d) Oatmeal cookies and her books of maps.
3. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(b) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(c) Served as an airplane pilot.
(d) Served as an ambulance driver.
4. Why doesn't Annie visit the hospital a few days after she receives Grandfather's letter?
(a) Her father told her to stay home.
(b) She has to see Ruth at the library.
(c) Andrew asked her not to visit.
(d) Andrew is having medical tests.
5. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
(a) She will be fine at home alone.
(b) She will look after the chickens.
(c) She will visit Timothy and read to him.
(d) She will write him frequently.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Annie, what did Uncle Paul earn for his service in the Army?
2. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
3. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
4. The evening that Annie and her father go back to St. John's, what does Andrew promise to do for Annie?
5. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)