|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Andrew having surgery?
(a) Remove the damaged skin from his torso.
(b) Repair his jaw.
(c) Repair his nose.
(d) Repair his damaged mouth.
2. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(b) Reading and visiting the library.
(c) Taking long walks.
(d) Playing the piano.
3. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) A cousin who served in the war.
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(c) Fix a snack.
(d) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
5. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
(a) Her Sunday School class.
(b) The employees where they are eating.
(c) The kids who spilled food on the floor.
(d) The injured men and her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is almost time for Annie's mother to return home. What season of the year is ending?
2. Where is Andrew's home?
3. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
4. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
5. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)