|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
(a) She is afraid that her mother told him that Annie is not allowed to visit.
(b) She is afraid he will not want her to visit.
(c) She is afraid that he will think she does not have time to visit.
(d) She is afraid he will not want her going to St. John's by herself.
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She starts an argument.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(d) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
3. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Annie's house.
(c) The city park.
(d) A movie.
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
(a) The patient's family.
(b) The weather.
(c) Annie's father and how his work at the hospital.
(d) The terrible things he encountered when he was fighting in France.
5. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Writing and playing piano music.
(b) Writing novels.
(c) Designing and sewing clothing.
(d) Visiting wounded soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie happy when she goes home the evening that she and Father go to St. John's?
2. How did Uncle Paul die?
3. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
4. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
5. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)