|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Paul die?
(b) A gun discharged in his tent and wounded him fatally.
(d) He was packing hand grenades and one exploded.
2. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
(a) Annie's grandmother.
(b) Annie's father.
(c) Annie's mother.
(d) Miss Peterson.
3. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A movie.
(b) A Shakespearean play.
(c) The opera.
(d) A musical.
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
(b) Friends of Uncle Paul.
(c) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
(d) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Played sad songs on the piano.
(b) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(c) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(d) Went to talk with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
3. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
4. Who tells Annie how Uncle Paul died?
5. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)