|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) She and Grandmother will take Grandfather on a trip to recuperate.
(b) She had an argument with Annie's father.
(c) She has an invitation to play a new piece of music at a concert.
(d) She needs more books from the library.
2. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
(a) Her Sunday School class.
(b) The employees where they are eating.
(c) The injured men and her father.
(d) The kids who spilled food on the floor.
3. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is angry that she was not allowed to go.
(d) She is pleased.
4. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
(a) Annie's father should be working at the county hospital.
(b) Annie's father should have his own practice.
(c) Annie's father should not be associating with Catholics.
(d) That she is glad that Annie's father is working at St. John's.
5. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(b) Neighbors and the family minister.
(c) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(d) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
2. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
3. What does Annie do with her newfound freedom while her mother and her grandparents are gone on their trip?
4. What did Annie's father do during the war?
5. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)