|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
(b) Friends of Uncle Paul.
(c) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
(d) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
2. Why are Annie and her mother avoiding each other the evening after her mother returns from her trip?
(a) Because Annie's mother won't allow her to visit friends.
(b) Because Annie spilled water on her mother's piano.
(c) Because Annie ruined her mother's rose garden.
(d) Because of their disagreement over Annie's visits to the hospital.
3. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) The war.
(b) What they would do after the war.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) Routine things.
4. What does Annie do with her newfound freedom while her mother and her grandparents are gone on their trip?
(a) She does chores and visits St. John's.
(b) She goes back to Bible School.
(c) She goes to the library.
(d) She invites friends over to her house.
5. What is the outcome of Andrew's surgery?
(a) There are complications and he will need another surgery.
(b) It is successful with no complications.
(c) He had a bad reaction to the anesthesia.
(d) An infection has set in and he will have to have another surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
2. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
3. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
4. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
5. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)