|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She does not approve.
(b) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(c) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(d) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
2. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
(a) Grandfather drives his car.
(b) On the trolley.
(c) They walk.
(d) Annie's father takes them.
3. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(c) Fix a snack.
(d) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
4. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, who do Annie and Andrew talk about?
(a) Annie's mother.
(b) Annie's grandfather.
(d) Uncle Paul.
5. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Annie has too many chores to do.
(b) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
(c) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(d) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
2. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
3. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
4. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
5. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)