|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) To Annie's grandparents' home.
(b) To find Annie's father.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the library.
2. Why does Annie enjoy her grandmother's home-cooked meals?
(a) Annie's grandmother always prepares her favorite dishes.
(b) Because her grandmother teaches her to cook.
(c) Annie's grandmother always bakes a special dessert.
(d) Annie's mother has no real interest or talent for cooking.
3. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(b) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(c) County Hospital.
(d) His own private practice.
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(c) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
5. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(c) She starts an argument.
(d) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
2. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
4. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
5. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)