|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie's mother's name?
2. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(b) Fix a snack.
(c) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(d) Go to bed.
3. After the mayor's big announcement on the Fourth of July, why don't Father and Ruth want to see the plans?
(a) They think the monument will glorify the unnecessary loss of lives.
(b) They think the new fire engine is too expensive.
(c) They have already seen the plans.
(d) They think too many people will come to the hospital.
4. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
(a) Annie's pets.
(b) Wounded soldiers.
(c) Clowns juggling.
(d) Broken Blossom, a movie starring Lillian Gish.
5. Why are Annie and her mother avoiding each other the evening after her mother returns from her trip?
(a) Because Annie ruined her mother's rose garden.
(b) Because of their disagreement over Annie's visits to the hospital.
(c) Because Annie spilled water on her mother's piano.
(d) Because Annie's mother won't allow her to visit friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
2. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
3. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
5. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)