|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
(a) He wasn't in France on June 6.
(b) He was in Britain on June 6.
(c) The army listed the wrong date in the telegram sent to Annie's family.
(d) His unit didn't fight a battle until June 14.
2. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) The accident outside the station.
(b) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(c) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
(d) The wounded men she saw at the station.
3. Why doesn't Andrew's father visit him?
(a) He's handicapped and cannot visit Andrew.
(b) His car broke down.
(c) He didn't want Andrew to enlist.
(d) He can't bear to see Andrew's injuries.
4. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) Her father.
(b) No one.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) One of the nuns.
5. Why are Annie's days a flurry of activity now that her mother has been gone for awhile?
(a) She has many chores to do at home and she visits Andrew every day.
(b) She is taking a summer school class.
(c) She helps Ruth at the library.
(d) She gets together with friends every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
2. What does Andrew appreciate about Annie?
3. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
4. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
5. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)