|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) La Boheme.
(d) Madame Butterfly.
2. What does Ruth show Annie?
(a) Her favorite poetry books.
(c) Books about war.
(d) Sheet music.
3. How did Uncle Paul die?
(c) A gun discharged in his tent and wounded him fatally.
(d) He was packing hand grenades and one exploded.
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Discuss books they've read.
(b) Bake elaborate desserts.
(c) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(d) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
5. Why is Annie so angry with her mother as they drive away from St. John's after Annie's second visit?
(a) She had wanted to come home with Father.
(b) She wanted to come home on the trolley.
(c) Annie was just beginning to get to know Andrew and her mother had ruined it all.
(d) She wanted to get ice cream before they went home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
2. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
3. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
4. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)