|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The evening that Annie and her father go back to St. John's, what does Andrew promise to do for Annie?
(a) Ask Timothy what he remembers when there was front line fighting.
(b) Ask his commanding officer when there was front line fighting.
(c) Write to some of the men in his unit and see if they remember when there was front line fighting.
(d) Ask men who were in Uncle Paul's unit when there was front line fighting.
2. Why can't Annie hide the fact that she's been visiting St. John's from her mother any longer?
(a) Her mother is home.
(b) Someone calls her mother and tells her that Annie has been at the hospital.
(c) A neighbor tells Annie's mother that Annie has been at the hospital.
(d) Annie's father informs her mother that Annie has been at the hospital.
3. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Fix a snack.
(c) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(d) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
4. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
(a) Clowns juggling.
(b) Broken Blossom, a movie starring Lillian Gish.
(c) Wounded soldiers.
(d) Annie's pets.
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(b) Played sad songs on the piano.
(c) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(d) Went to talk with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
2. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
4. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
5. What is Annie's mother's name?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)