|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Grandfather sends a letter about Uncle Paul's medals, what does Annie decide to do?
(a) Learn how Timothy was injured.
(b) Learn more about Andrew's service record.
(c) Continue visting St. John's.
(d) Learn more about Uncle Paul's death and the missing medal.
2. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) Her father asks her to go back.
(b) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
(c) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
(d) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
3. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
(a) The fireworks will begin after dark.
(b) They need volunteers to visit injured soldiers.
(c) The city is buying a fire engine.
(d) A monument will be built to honor the soliders.
4. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
(a) What she is going to do later in the week.
(b) Annie's encounter with the man with the burned face.
(c) Why she ran away.
(d) What she had for lunch.
5. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
(a) Her mother needs to talk about the war.
(b) Her mother is irrational.
(c) Her mother's dislike of anything that relates to the war must influence her mother's behavior.
(d) Her mother ignores things that are unpleasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When and where did Uncle Paul die?
2. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
3. When does Chapter 3 take place?
4. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
5. The newspaper is on the steps when Annie returns home from the Sunday School outing. What is the front page headline?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)