|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Reading and visiting the library.
(b) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Taking long walks.
2. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie's grandfather do while she talks to one of the patients?
(a) Eats a snack.
(b) Asks Andrew about his war experiences.
(c) Continues reading to Timothy.
(d) Takes a nap.
3. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Writing novels.
(b) Visiting wounded soldiers.
(c) Designing and sewing clothing.
(d) Writing and playing piano music.
4. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(b) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(c) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(d) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
5. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(b) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(c) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(d) She has a piece of music to finish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
2. What does Andrew tell Annie about researching Uncle Paul's death?
3. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
4. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
5. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)