|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(b) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(c) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(d) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
2. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
(b) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
(c) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
(d) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
3. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Reading and visiting the library.
(c) Taking long walks.
(d) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
4. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) La Boheme.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
(d) Madame Butterfly.
5. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) Her father.
(b) No one.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) One of the nuns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
2. What does Andrew tell Annie after talking to a soldier who served with Uncle Paul?
3. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
4. How many siblings does Annie have?
5. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)