|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
(a) Passchendaele Ridge.
(b) Belleau Woods.
(d) Argonne Woods.
2. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie's grandfather do while she talks to one of the patients?
(a) Continues reading to Timothy.
(b) Eats a snack.
(c) Asks Andrew about his war experiences.
(d) Takes a nap.
3. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
(a) Uncle Paul was a deserter.
(b) Uncle Paul was wounded by friendly fire.
(c) Uncle Paul was captured by the Germans and killed.
(d) Uncle Paul was a hero and an example for his men.
4. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(b) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(c) Annie appreciates his music.
(d) Annie bakes good cookies.
5. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
(a) Annie's grandfather has cancer.
(b) Annie's father is very sick.
(c) Annie's grandfather has had a heart attack, but will live.
(d) Annie's grandfather died at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Andrew's father visit him?
2. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
3. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
4. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
5. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)