|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
(a) Writes in her journal.
(b) Plays duets with her mother.
(c) Plays with friends.
(d) Visits her grandparents or plays alone.
2. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
(a) Passchendaele Ridge.
(b) Argonne Woods.
(c) Belleau Woods.
3. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Reading and visiting the library.
(d) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
4. In the evening after Annie's Sunday School outing, why do she and Father go over to Grandfather's house?
(a) Inspect Uncle Paul's motorcyle.
(b) Visit soldiers.
(c) Listen to a sermon.
(d) Buy some food.
5. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
(a) Annie's father is very sick.
(b) Annie's grandfather died at the hospital.
(c) Annie's grandfather has had a heart attack, but will live.
(d) Annie's grandfather has cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie celebrate the Fourth of July this summer?
2. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, who do Annie and Andrew talk about?
3. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
4. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
5. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)