|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
(a) The conductor on the trolley.
(c) Miss Peterson.
2. How will Annie find out if the surgery is a success?
(a) Her father will call her from the hospital.
(b) Timothy will call her after the surgery.
(c) One of the nuns will call her after the surgery.
(d) She will find out when she visits again.
3. Why is the date of Uncle Paul's death in question?
(a) Andrew doesn't think there was front line fighting that day.
(b) The telegram the family received has a different date than the date on the death certificate.
(c) The war was over before that date.
(d) There was no fighting in France in June.
4. What does Andrew tell Annie after talking to a soldier who served with Uncle Paul?
(a) No one can remember when Uncle Paul's unit was in action.
(b) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action until June 14, eight days after Uncle Paul died.
(c) Uncle Paul's unit was in action on June 6.
(d) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action the entire month of June.
5. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
(b) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
(c) Annie has too many chores to do.
(d) Annie's best friends have moved away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie happy when she goes home the evening that she and Father go to St. John's?
2. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
3. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
4. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
5. Why does Andrew not say goodbye to Annie as she leaves after visiting the hospital for a second time?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)