|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(b) Discuss books they've read.
(c) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(d) Bake elaborate desserts.
2. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) Annie's mother plays the piano and Annie sings.
(b) Read together.
(c) They talk to Annie's grandmother.
(d) Eat supper silently.
3. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(d) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
4. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
(a) Back to the church.
(b) To Miss Peterson's house.
(c) To a restaurant.
(d) Blair's Ice Cream and Candy Parlor.
5. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
(a) His experiences visiting the soldiers at St. John's.
(b) What Annie would like to do when she grows up.
(c) Annie's father.
(d) Uncle Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
2. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
3. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
4. Why is Annie so angry with her mother as they drive away from St. John's after Annie's second visit?
5. When Annie returns from the Sunday School outing, what does she tell her parents?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)