|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She does not approve.
(b) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(c) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
(d) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
2. According to Annie, what did Uncle Paul earn for his service in the Army?
(a) Medals for courage.
(b) A Purple Heart.
(c) An Iron Cross.
(d) A commendation.
3. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) A convalescent home.
(c) To their homes.
(d) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
4. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She does not want to show him her report card.
(b) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(c) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(d) She is still shy around him.
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Attend operas and plays.
(b) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
(c) Knit and crochet.
(d) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When and where did Uncle Paul die?
2. How does Annie celebrate the Fourth of July this summer?
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
4. After the mayor's big announcement on the Fourth of July, why don't Father and Ruth want to see the plans?
5. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)