|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, who do Annie and Andrew talk about?
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) Annie's grandfather.
(d) Annie's mother.
2. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
(a) A photograph of her family.
(b) A photograph of Uncle Paul.
(c) Oatmeal cookies and her books of maps.
(d) Books about Europe.
3. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(b) Annie appreciates his music.
(c) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(d) Annie bakes good cookies.
4. In the evening after Annie's Sunday School outing, why do she and Father go over to Grandfather's house?
(a) Listen to a sermon.
(b) Visit soldiers.
(c) Inspect Uncle Paul's motorcyle.
(d) Buy some food.
5. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) What they would do after the war.
(b) Routine things.
(c) The war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
2. What does Annie's father want to discuss after dinner the day Annie visits St. John's for the first time?
3. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
4. Who are Frances and Charlie?
5. When and where did Uncle Paul die?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)