|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Andrew's home?
(a) Near Aunt Felicia's house.
(b) A farm in a nearby town.
(c) A house near Annie's neighborhood.
(d) An apartment building downtown.
2. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(b) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(c) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(d) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
3. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) Read together.
(b) Annie's mother plays the piano and Annie sings.
(c) They talk to Annie's grandmother.
(d) Eat supper silently.
4. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
(a) She will visit Timothy and read to him.
(b) She will write him frequently.
(c) She will be fine at home alone.
(d) She will look after the chickens.
5. What is Annie's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
2. Where does Annie's father work?
3. How many siblings does Annie have?
4. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
5. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)