|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) Routine things.
(b) What they would do after the war.
(c) The war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
2. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
(a) A monument will be built to honor the soliders.
(b) The city is buying a fire engine.
(c) The fireworks will begin after dark.
(d) They need volunteers to visit injured soldiers.
3. In the evening after Annie's Sunday School outing, why do she and Father go over to Grandfather's house?
(a) Buy some food.
(b) Visit soldiers.
(c) Listen to a sermon.
(d) Inspect Uncle Paul's motorcyle.
4. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Clean up the kitchen.
(b) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(c) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(d) Play checkers.
5. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(b) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(c) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(d) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
2. When does Chapter 3 take place?
3. Why is Annie happy when she goes home the evening that she and Father go to St. John's?
4. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
5. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)