|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Aunt Felicia.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. After Grandfather sends a letter about Uncle Paul's medals, what does Annie decide to do?
(a) Learn more about Uncle Paul's death and the missing medal.
(b) Learn more about Andrew's service record.
(c) Learn how Timothy was injured.
(d) Continue visting St. John's.
3. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Writing novels.
(b) Visiting wounded soldiers.
(c) Designing and sewing clothing.
(d) Writing and playing piano music.
4. How was Andrew injured?
(a) He was in a building that exploded.
(b) A grenade was thrown into the trench where he waited.
(c) The gas tank of the vehicle he was riding was in exploded.
(d) He lost his gas mask and couldn't protect himself from an attack of mustard gas.
5. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie bakes good cookies.
(b) Annie appreciates his music.
(c) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(d) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
2. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
4. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
5. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)