|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
(a) Annie's home and St. John's hospital.
(b) The park.
(c) Annie's grandparents' house.
2. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Aunt Felicia.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
3. The newspaper is on the steps when Annie returns home from the Sunday School outing. What is the front page headline?
(a) World Peace Signed and Sealed at Versailles.
(b) Vice President Marshall to Visit Kansas City.
(c) President Wilson to Visit Kansas City.
(d) War Monument Donations at 90%.
4. When and where did Uncle Paul die?
(a) June 6, 1918, in France.
(b) January 4, 1918, in France.
(c) April 14, 1918, in Germany.
(d) October, 5, 1917, in Germany.
5. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
(a) She doesn't think Annie can cook very well.
(b) She thinks Annie's friend is a bad influence.
(c) She thinks Annie shouldn't visit the hospital.
(d) She thinks Annie will be bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth show Annie?
2. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
3. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
4. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
5. Why does Annie write a letter to her grandfather after her third visit to St. John's?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)