|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medal did Andrew receive?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) Distinguished Service Medal.
(c) Bronze Star.
(d) A letter of commendation.
2. How will Annie find out if the surgery is a success?
(a) Her father will call her from the hospital.
(b) Timothy will call her after the surgery.
(c) One of the nuns will call her after the surgery.
(d) She will find out when she visits again.
3. What happens the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) Uncle John was in an accident.
(b) Annie's father was in an accident.
(c) Annie's mother hurt her hand.
(d) Annie's grandfather is very sick.
4. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
(a) To take Annie to see her father.
(b) To give Annie another book.
(c) To talk with Annie's mother.
(d) To stay with Annie and her grandmother.
5. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Neighbors and the family minister.
(b) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(c) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(d) Uncle Paul and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
2. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
4. Who are Frances and Charlie?
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)