|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
(a) The injured men and her father.
(b) The kids who spilled food on the floor.
(c) The employees where they are eating.
(d) Her Sunday School class.
2. Why doesn't Andrew's father visit him?
(a) He didn't want Andrew to enlist.
(b) He can't bear to see Andrew's injuries.
(c) His car broke down.
(d) He's handicapped and cannot visit Andrew.
3. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
(a) The American army.
(b) The French army.
(c) Both armies.
(d) The German army.
4. What happens the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) Uncle John was in an accident.
(b) Annie's father was in an accident.
(c) Annie's grandfather is very sick.
(d) Annie's mother hurt her hand.
5. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Friends of Uncle Paul.
(b) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
(c) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
(d) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
2. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
3. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
4. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
5. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)