|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie's mother's name?
2. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) Aunt Felicia.
(b) Annie's grandmother.
(d) The housekeeper.
3. Although Annie is busy this summer and enjoying herself, why does she have times when she feels guilty?
(a) She isn't getting all the chores done at home.
(b) She is visiting St. John's even though her mother ordered her not to go there.
(c) She burned her father's dinner.
(d) She doesn't have time to check on her grandparents home.
4. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
(a) She does not want to tell her mother about the visit at St. John's.
(b) She doesn't want to ride the motorcycle with Father.
(c) She doesn't want to talk with Grandmother about St. John's.
(d) She does not want to talk about the incident at the ice cream shop.
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Went to talk with a friend.
(b) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(c) Played sad songs on the piano.
(d) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
2. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
3. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
4. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
5. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)