|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie do each day now that her mother has been gone for a few days?
(a) Go to the library to see Ruth.
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Visit St. John's to see Andrew and help the nuns.
2. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
(a) To stay at Annie's grandparents' home.
(b) To Ruth's house.
(c) New York City.
(d) Estes Park, Colorado.
3. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
(a) A monument will be built to honor the soliders.
(b) They need volunteers to visit injured soldiers.
(c) The fireworks will begin after dark.
(d) The city is buying a fire engine.
4. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
(a) He has a cut on his hand.
(b) He is unsteady and breathing hard.
(c) He cut himself shaving.
(d) He slips and almost falls.
5. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She sends Annie to her room.
(b) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(c) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(d) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
2. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
3. Why is Annie so angry with her mother as they drive away from St. John's after Annie's second visit?
4. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
5. What happens the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)