|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
(a) The patient's family.
(b) The terrible things he encountered when he was fighting in France.
(c) Annie's father and how his work at the hospital.
(d) The weather.
2. When and where did Uncle Paul die?
(a) June 6, 1918, in France.
(b) October, 5, 1917, in Germany.
(c) January 4, 1918, in France.
(d) April 14, 1918, in Germany.
3. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
(a) Did not talk for two days.
(b) Punched his fist through a wall.
(c) Chopped wood for an hour.
(d) Went for a long walk.
4. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
(a) The injured men and her father.
(b) Her Sunday School class.
(c) The kids who spilled food on the floor.
(d) The employees where they are eating.
5. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
(a) The conductor on the trolley.
(d) Miss Peterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
2. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
4. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
5. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)