|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andrew not say goodbye to Annie as she leaves after visiting the hospital for a second time?
(a) He is upset by how rudely Mrs. Metcalf treated him.
(b) He did not realize she was leaving so soon.
(c) He does not want to see Annie leave.
(d) Someone has called him to come back inside.
2. Who is Ruth?
(a) Annie's mother's friend and a muscian.
(b) Annie's mother's friend and a librarian.
(c) A friend of Annie's grandmother.
(d) The mother of one of Annie's school friends.
3. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Fix a snack.
(b) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
4. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A movie.
(b) A musical.
(c) The opera.
(d) A Shakespearean play.
5. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She enjoys poetry.
(b) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(c) She loves to read.
(d) She wants to know more about the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie's Sunday School teacher find disgusting?
2. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
3. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
4. Who is the main character?
5. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)