|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell Annie about researching Uncle Paul's death?
(a) That it may be difficult to find out what really happened.
(b) To have her father help her research Uncle Paul's death.
(c) That she will need to contact Uncle Paul's commanding officer for more information.
(d) She may learn some unpleasant news about Uncle Paul's death.
2. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, who do Annie and Andrew talk about?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(c) Annie's mother.
(d) Annie's grandfather.
3. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He goes back home.
(b) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(c) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(d) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
4. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(b) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(c) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(d) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
5. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) Mustard gas.
(b) A bomb.
(d) Exploding gas tanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
2. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
3. When and where did Uncle Paul die?
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
5. What medal did Andrew receive?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)