|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie happy when she goes home the evening that she and Father go to St. John's?
(a) Her father asked her to assist him.
(b) Andrew kisses the top of her head.
(c) The nuns are very pleased with her work.
(d) Everyone at St. John's enjoys her cookies.
2. What does Andrew tell Annie after talking to a soldier who served with Uncle Paul?
(a) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action until June 14, eight days after Uncle Paul died.
(b) Uncle Paul's unit was in action on June 6.
(c) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action the entire month of June.
(d) No one can remember when Uncle Paul's unit was in action.
3. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They argued constantly.
(b) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(c) They went their separate ways.
(d) They grew closer together.
4. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
(a) At Miss Peterson's house.
(b) Bible School.
(c) Visting the hospital with Miss Peterson.
(d) Some place other than Bible School.
5. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
(a) She is afraid he will not want her going to St. John's by herself.
(b) She is afraid that her mother told him that Annie is not allowed to visit.
(c) She is afraid that he will think she does not have time to visit.
(d) She is afraid he will not want her to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
2. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
3. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
4. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
5. The evening that Annie and her father go back to St. John's, what does Andrew promise to do for Annie?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)