|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
(b) The Last of the Mohicans.
(c) Leatherstocking Tales.
2. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Discuss books they've read.
(b) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(c) Bake elaborate desserts.
(d) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
3. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Annie's Uncle John.
(b) Annie's cousins.
(c) Timothy Lewis.
(d) An old friend.
4. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
(a) The cotton candy and the special circus performance.
(b) Spending the day with friends.
(c) Spending time with her cousins.
(d) Picnics with Grandmother's delicious food, the parade, and most of all the fireworks.
5. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) His own private practice.
(b) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) County Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Annie's second visit to St. John's, who do Annie and her grandfather meet?
2. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
3. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie's grandfather do while she talks to one of the patients?
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
5. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)