|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
(a) Why she ran away.
(b) What she is going to do later in the week.
(c) What she had for lunch.
(d) Annie's encounter with the man with the burned face.
2. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
(a) Her mother is rarely home.
(b) Her mother's volunteer work.
(c) Her mother's two groups of friends.
(d) Her mother's frequent illnesses.
3. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
(a) The Last of the Mohicans.
(c) Leatherstocking Tales.
4. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
(a) The fireworks will begin after dark.
(b) They need volunteers to visit injured soldiers.
(c) A monument will be built to honor the soliders.
(d) The city is buying a fire engine.
5. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
(a) Annie's mother.
(b) Annie's grandmother.
(c) Annie's father.
(d) Miss Peterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
2. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
3. What did Annie's father do during the war?
4. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
5. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)