|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She doesn't want to talk about the visit.
(c) She wants to write notes about her visit before she forgets the details.
(d) She's tired.
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(d) Changes bandages.
3. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) Madame Butterfly.
(b) La Boheme.
(c) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
4. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(b) Served as an ambulance driver.
(c) Served as an airplane pilot.
(d) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
5. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(d) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
2. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
3. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
4. How does Annie celebrate the Fourth of July this summer?
5. When does Chapter 3 take place?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)