|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) The war.
(b) What they would do after the war.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) Routine things.
2. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
(a) They walk.
(b) Annie's father takes them.
(c) On the trolley.
(d) Grandfather drives his car.
3. How does Annie celebrate the Fourth of July this summer?
(a) At a picnic in the park with her family and other families.
(b) Watching the fireworks from their backyard.
(c) Singing the national anthem with friends and neighbors.
(d) Visiting the hospital.
4. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) A bomb.
(b) Exploding gas tanks.
(c) Mustard gas.
5. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(b) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(c) She has a piece of music to finish.
(d) She's tired and goes to bed early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
2. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
3. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
4. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)