|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(b) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(c) He goes back home.
(d) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
2. How does Annie celebrate the Fourth of July this summer?
(a) Watching the fireworks from their backyard.
(b) At a picnic in the park with her family and other families.
(c) Singing the national anthem with friends and neighbors.
(d) Visiting the hospital.
3. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an airplane pilot.
(b) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(c) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(d) Served as an ambulance driver.
4. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Visiting wounded soldiers.
(b) Writing and playing piano music.
(c) Designing and sewing clothing.
(d) Writing novels.
5. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Reading and visiting the library.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Taking long walks.
(d) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
2. Who is the main character?
3. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
4. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
5. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)