|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(b) Fix a snack.
(c) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(d) Go to bed.
2. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
(a) That she is glad that Annie's father is working at St. John's.
(b) Annie's father should not be associating with Catholics.
(c) Annie's father should have his own practice.
(d) Annie's father should be working at the county hospital.
3. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Felicia.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Neighbors and the family minister.
(b) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(c) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(d) Uncle Paul and his wife.
5. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) A bomb.
(c) Exploding gas tanks.
(d) Mustard gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
3. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
4. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
5. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)