|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(b) Play checkers.
(c) Clean up the kitchen.
(d) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
2. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(b) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
(c) She does not approve.
(d) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
3. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
(a) She doesn't want to talk with Grandmother about St. John's.
(b) She doesn't want to ride the motorcycle with Father.
(c) She does not want to tell her mother about the visit at St. John's.
(d) She does not want to talk about the incident at the ice cream shop.
4. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
(b) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(c) The accident outside the station.
(d) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
5. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
(a) At Miss Peterson's house.
(b) Some place other than Bible School.
(c) Bible School.
(d) Visting the hospital with Miss Peterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
2. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
3. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
4. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
5. What does Ruth show Annie?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)