|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) One sister.
(b) None, she is an only child.
(c) One brother.
(d) Two brothers and one sister.
2. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
(a) She doesn't like the noise the fireworks make.
(b) She doesn't have a good view of the fireworks.
(c) She dreads the visit she will make with her grandfather to St. John's.
(d) The fireworks are not as spectacular as usual.
3. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She enjoys poetry.
(b) She loves to read.
(c) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(d) She wants to know more about the war.
4. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(b) She has a piece of music to finish.
(c) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(d) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
5. How does Annie celebrate the Fourth of July this summer?
(a) Watching the fireworks from their backyard.
(b) Visiting the hospital.
(c) At a picnic in the park with her family and other families.
(d) Singing the national anthem with friends and neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
2. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
3. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
4. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
5. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)