|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Annie's dog?
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She starts an argument.
(c) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(d) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
3. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(b) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(c) Neighbors and the family minister.
(d) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(c) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(d) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
5. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(b) The day her father left.
(c) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(d) The day her grandfather died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
2. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
3. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie's grandfather do while she talks to one of the patients?
5. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)