|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
(c) The conductor on the trolley.
(d) Miss Peterson.
2. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(b) Served as an ambulance driver.
(c) Served as an airplane pilot.
(d) Served as an army officer in Europe.
3. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
(a) She does not want to tell her mother about the visit at St. John's.
(b) She does not want to talk about the incident at the ice cream shop.
(c) She doesn't want to ride the motorcycle with Father.
(d) She doesn't want to talk with Grandmother about St. John's.
4. After the mayor's big announcement on the Fourth of July, why don't Father and Ruth want to see the plans?
(a) They think too many people will come to the hospital.
(b) They think the new fire engine is too expensive.
(c) They think the monument will glorify the unnecessary loss of lives.
(d) They have already seen the plans.
5. What is the name of Annie's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
2. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
3. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
4. When does Chapter 3 take place?
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)