|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
(b) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
(c) Friends of Uncle Paul.
(d) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
2. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) No one.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) One of the nuns.
3. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) One sister.
(b) One brother.
(c) None, she is an only child.
(d) Two brothers and one sister.
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
(a) She hadn't seen him since yesterday and wanted to talk with him.
(b) To tell him that Grandfather is not feeling well.
(c) To ask him to take her home.
(d) To tell him she met the severely burned patient.
5. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
(a) They walk.
(b) Annie's father takes them.
(c) On the trolley.
(d) Grandfather drives his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
2. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
3. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
4. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
5. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)