|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie returns from the Sunday School outing, what does she tell her parents?
(a) That she doesn't want to attend Sunday School this summer.
(b) That she wants to cook the family's meals this summer.
(c) That she wants a friend to come over.
(d) That she wants to visit the hospital again.
2. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
(a) She doesn't want to talk about the visit.
(b) She's tired.
(c) She has a headache.
(d) She wants to write notes about her visit before she forgets the details.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Discuss books they've read.
(b) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(c) Bake elaborate desserts.
(d) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
4. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an ambulance driver.
(b) Served as an airplane pilot.
(c) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(d) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
5. Where does Annie live?
(a) Kansas City.
(c) New York City.
(d) Grand Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie celebrate the Fourth of July this summer?
2. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
3. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
4. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
5. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)