|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(b) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(c) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(d) She sends Annie to her room.
2. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
(a) Annie's mother.
(b) Miss Peterson.
(c) Annie's father.
(d) Annie's grandmother.
3. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(b) Annie bakes good cookies.
(c) Annie appreciates his music.
(d) Annie likes the songs he sings.
4. After the mayor's big announcement on the Fourth of July, why don't Father and Ruth want to see the plans?
(a) They have already seen the plans.
(b) They think the monument will glorify the unnecessary loss of lives.
(c) They think too many people will come to the hospital.
(d) They think the new fire engine is too expensive.
5. What is Annie's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
2. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
3. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
4. Why does Annie enjoy her grandmother's home-cooked meals?
5. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)