|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Aunt Felicia.
2. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
(a) Spending time with her cousins.
(b) Picnics with Grandmother's delicious food, the parade, and most of all the fireworks.
(c) The cotton candy and the special circus performance.
(d) Spending the day with friends.
3. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
(a) He has a cut on his hand.
(b) He is unsteady and breathing hard.
(c) He cut himself shaving.
(d) He slips and almost falls.
4. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Reading and visiting the library.
(b) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Taking long walks.
5. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) A convalescent home.
(c) To their homes.
(d) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
2. Who is Ruth?
3. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
5. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)