|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
(a) The German army.
(b) The French army.
(c) Both armies.
(d) The American army.
2. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
(a) She thinks Annie will be bored.
(b) She thinks Annie shouldn't visit the hospital.
(c) She thinks Annie's friend is a bad influence.
(d) She doesn't think Annie can cook very well.
3. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
(a) She doesn't want to talk with Grandmother about St. John's.
(b) She does not want to tell her mother about the visit at St. John's.
(c) She doesn't want to ride the motorcycle with Father.
(d) She does not want to talk about the incident at the ice cream shop.
4. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(b) Annie has too many chores to do.
(c) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
(d) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
5. What does Ruth show Annie?
(a) Her favorite poetry books.
(b) Sheet music.
(d) Books about war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
2. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
3. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie's grandfather do while she talks to one of the patients?
4. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)