|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(d) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
2. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She does not want to show him her report card.
(b) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(c) She is still shy around him.
(d) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
3. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) Her father.
(b) One of the nuns.
(c) No one.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(b) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(c) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
5. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
(a) Picnics with Grandmother's delicious food, the parade, and most of all the fireworks.
(b) Spending time with her cousins.
(c) Spending the day with friends.
(d) The cotton candy and the special circus performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
2. What is the name of Annie's dog?
3. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
5. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)