|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
(a) The kids who spilled food on the floor.
(b) The injured men and her father.
(c) Her Sunday School class.
(d) The employees where they are eating.
2. What does Ruth show Annie?
(b) Sheet music.
(c) Books about war.
(d) Her favorite poetry books.
3. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
(a) Miss Peterson.
(b) The conductor on the trolley.
4. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
(a) Annie's grandmother used to sing all the time and be in a good mood.
(b) She cries frequently.
(c) She cleans the house more frequently.
(d) She has more time for charity work.
5. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
(a) Her mother's two groups of friends.
(b) Her mother's frequent illnesses.
(c) Her mother is rarely home.
(d) Her mother's volunteer work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
2. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
3. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
5. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)