|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(b) He goes back home.
(c) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(b) She starts an argument.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
3. What does Annie's father want to discuss after dinner the day Annie visits St. John's for the first time?
(a) Whether she will go back to visit.
(b) What was her favorite part of her visit.
(c) About her experience at St. John's.
(d) Why she ran away.
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie's grandfather do while she talks to one of the patients?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Continues reading to Timothy.
(c) Asks Andrew about his war experiences.
(d) Eats a snack.
5. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
(a) She doesn't have a good view of the fireworks.
(b) She doesn't like the noise the fireworks make.
(c) The fireworks are not as spectacular as usual.
(d) She dreads the visit she will make with her grandfather to St. John's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
3. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
4. The newspaper is on the steps when Annie returns home from the Sunday School outing. What is the front page headline?
5. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)