|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(b) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(c) She has a piece of music to finish.
(d) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
2. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
(a) The American army.
(b) Both armies.
(c) The German army.
(d) The French army.
3. Why does Andrew not say goodbye to Annie as she leaves after visiting the hospital for a second time?
(a) Someone has called him to come back inside.
(b) He is upset by how rudely Mrs. Metcalf treated him.
(c) He did not realize she was leaving so soon.
(d) He does not want to see Annie leave.
4. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(b) Reading at the library.
(c) Walking around her neighborhood.
(d) Baking cookies with her mother.
5. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
(a) Annie's father and how his work at the hospital.
(b) The patient's family.
(c) The weather.
(d) The terrible things he encountered when he was fighting in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
2. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
3. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
4. What does Ruth show Annie?
5. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)