|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(b) County Hospital.
(c) His own private practice.
(d) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
2. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
(a) She cleans the house more frequently.
(b) Annie's grandmother used to sing all the time and be in a good mood.
(c) She has more time for charity work.
(d) She cries frequently.
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
(a) Annie's grandmother.
(b) Annie's father.
(c) Miss Peterson.
(d) Annie's mother.
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Discuss books they've read.
(b) Bake elaborate desserts.
(c) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(d) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
5. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(b) Play checkers.
(c) Clean up the kitchen.
(d) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. How many siblings does Annie have?
3. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
4. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
5. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)