|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) His experiences visiting the soldiers at St. John's.
(c) Annie's father.
(d) What Annie would like to do when she grows up.
2. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Friends from church.
(b) Other volunteers who work with her.
(c) Women from the neighborhood.
(d) Friends from the school she attended.
3. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She does not approve.
(b) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(c) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(d) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(b) Neighbors and the family minister.
(c) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(d) Uncle Paul and his wife.
5. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(b) She sends Annie to her room.
(c) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(d) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annie live?
2. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
3. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
4. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
5. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)