|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
(a) The German army.
(b) The American army.
(c) The French army.
(d) Both armies.
2. Who is Ruth?
(a) Annie's mother's friend and a muscian.
(b) Annie's mother's friend and a librarian.
(c) A friend of Annie's grandmother.
(d) The mother of one of Annie's school friends.
3. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
(a) Why she ran away.
(b) Annie's encounter with the man with the burned face.
(c) What she is going to do later in the week.
(d) What she had for lunch.
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(b) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Fix a snack.
5. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Women from the neighborhood.
(b) Friends from the school she attended.
(c) Other volunteers who work with her.
(d) Friends from church.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
2. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
3. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
4. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
5. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)