|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(b) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(c) He goes back home.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
2. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) A terrible accident at the station.
(b) A fight between two soldiers.
(c) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(d) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
3. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(b) The day her grandfather died.
(c) The day her father left.
(d) The day she and her mother went shopping.
4. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
(a) A movie.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Annie's house.
(d) The city park.
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Fix a snack.
(d) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
2. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
3. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
4. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
5. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)