|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) What happened to Uncle Paul.
(b) If she can wear her new dress.
(c) The wounded men at the train station.
(d) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
2. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(b) Annie's mother.
(c) Annie's grandparents.
(d) Annie's father.
3. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(b) She starts an argument.
(c) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(d) She laughs.
4. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has accepted a job that Mrs. Metcalf does not approve of.
(b) Dr. Metcalf did not buy Mrs. Metcalf a gift when he came home.
(c) Dr. Metcalf is buying another car.
(d) Because Dr. Metcalf said no to a dinner party Mrs. Metcalf wished to have.
5. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) His experiences visiting the soldiers at St. John's.
(c) Annie's father.
(d) What Annie would like to do when she grows up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
2. Where does Annie live?
3. What did Annie's father do during the war?
4. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
5. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)