|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) If she can wear her new dress.
(b) The wounded men at the train station.
(c) What happened to Uncle Paul.
(d) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
2. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) Back to the church.
(c) Blair's Ice Cream and Candy Parlor.
(d) To Miss Peterson's house.
3. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She loves to read.
(b) She wants to know more about the war.
(c) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(d) She enjoys poetry.
4. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Taking long walks.
(b) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Reading and visiting the library.
5. Where does Annie live?
(a) Grand Island.
(b) Kansas City.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
2. When does Chapter 3 take place?
3. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
4. Who is Ruth?
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)