|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's mother.
(b) Annie's father.
(d) Annie's grandparents.
2. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
(c) Kansas City.
(d) New York City.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Bake elaborate desserts.
(b) Discuss books they've read.
(c) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(d) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
4. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She loves to read.
(b) She enjoys poetry.
(c) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(d) She wants to know more about the war.
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Attend operas and plays.
(b) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
(c) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
(d) Knit and crochet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
2. Who is the main character?
3. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
4. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
5. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)