|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(a) Changes bandages.
2. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Writing and playing piano music.
(b) Designing and sewing clothing.
(c) Visiting wounded soldiers.
(d) Writing novels.
3. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(b) Clean up the kitchen.
(c) Play checkers.
(d) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
4. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) Two brothers and one sister.
(b) One sister.
(c) None, she is an only child.
(d) One brother.
5. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
(b) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(c) Annie has too many chores to do.
(d) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
2. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
4. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)