|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(b) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(c) She does not approve.
(d) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
2. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(b) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(c) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(d) Neighbors and the family minister.
3. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
(a) His own private practice.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(d) County Hospital.
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(b) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(d) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
5. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) La Boheme.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Madame Butterfly.
(d) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
2. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
3. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
4. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
5. Where does Annie's father work?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)