|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(b) He goes back home.
(c) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(d) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
2. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She wants to know more about the war.
(b) She loves to read.
(c) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(d) She enjoys poetry.
3. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Reading and visiting the library.
(d) Playing the piano.
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Women from the neighborhood.
(b) Friends from church.
(c) Friends from the school she attended.
(d) Other volunteers who work with her.
5. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) Exploding gas tanks.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Mustard gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
2. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
3. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
4. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
5. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)