|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(c) Taking long walks.
(d) Reading and visiting the library.
2. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
(a) Why she ran away.
(b) Annie's encounter with the man with the burned face.
(c) What she is going to do later in the week.
(d) What she had for lunch.
3. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) Her father.
(c) No one.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Neighbors and the family minister.
(b) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(c) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(d) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
5. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She does not want to show him her report card.
(b) She is still shy around him.
(c) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(d) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
2. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
3. Who is the main character?
4. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
5. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)