|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
(a) What she is going to do later in the week.
(b) What she had for lunch.
(c) Annie's encounter with the man with the burned face.
(d) Why she ran away.
2. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(b) The day her father left.
(c) The day her grandfather died.
(d) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
3. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(b) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(c) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(d) Neighbors and the family minister.
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
(b) Friends of Uncle Paul.
(c) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
(d) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
5. What is Annie's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Frances and Charlie?
2. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
3. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
4. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
5. Where does Annie live?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)