|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie live?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) New York City.
(c) Grand Island.
2. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
(a) Annie's father.
(b) His experiences visiting the soldiers at St. John's.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) What Annie would like to do when she grows up.
3. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's mother.
(b) Annie's grandparents.
(c) Annie's father.
4. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
(a) She's shy and doesn't know what to say.
(b) He reminds her of Uncle Paul.
(c) He tries to flirt with her.
(d) He is horribly disfigured.
5. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
(a) She wants to write notes about her visit before she forgets the details.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She's tired.
(d) She doesn't want to talk about the visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
2. Who is the main character?
3. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
4. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
5. What is the name of Annie's dog?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)