|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(b) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(c) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(d) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
2. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) If she can wear her new dress.
(b) The wounded men at the train station.
(c) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(d) What happened to Uncle Paul.
3. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(c) Taking long walks.
(d) Reading and visiting the library.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Neighbors and the family minister.
(b) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(c) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(d) Uncle Paul and his wife.
5. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) To their homes.
(d) A convalescent home.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
2. What does Annie's father want to discuss after dinner the day Annie visits St. John's for the first time?
3. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
4. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
5. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)