|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
(a) Writes in her journal.
(b) Plays duets with her mother.
(c) Plays with friends.
(d) Visits her grandparents or plays alone.
2. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) His experiences during the war.
(c) Music, opera, and social issues.
(d) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
(b) Knit and crochet.
(c) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
(d) Attend operas and plays.
4. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She loves to read.
(b) She enjoys poetry.
(c) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(d) She wants to know more about the war.
5. What does Annie's father want to discuss after dinner the day Annie visits St. John's for the first time?
(a) Why she ran away.
(b) What was her favorite part of her visit.
(c) About her experience at St. John's.
(d) Whether she will go back to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
2. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
3. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
4. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
5. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)