|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an ambulance driver.
(b) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(c) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(d) Served as an airplane pilot.
2. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
(b) Her father asks her to go back.
(c) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
(d) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
3. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(b) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(c) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(d) He goes back home.
4. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her father left.
(b) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(c) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(d) The day her grandfather died.
5. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She does not approve.
(b) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(c) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(d) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
2. What does Annie's father want to discuss after dinner the day Annie visits St. John's for the first time?
3. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
4. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
5. Who is the main character?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)