|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He goes back home.
(b) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(c) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
2. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(b) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(c) Clean up the kitchen.
(d) Play checkers.
3. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A Shakespearean play.
(b) A musical.
(c) The opera.
(d) A movie.
4. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie appreciates his music.
(b) Annie bakes good cookies.
(c) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(d) Annie likes the songs he sings.
5. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her grandfather died.
(b) The day her father left.
(c) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(d) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
2. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
3. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
4. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
5. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)