|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
(b) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
(c) Her father asks her to go back.
(d) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
2. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(b) Annie appreciates his music.
(c) Annie bakes good cookies.
(d) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
3. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(b) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(c) Played sad songs on the piano.
(d) Went to talk with a friend.
4. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
(a) Clowns juggling.
(b) Wounded soldiers.
(c) Broken Blossom, a movie starring Lillian Gish.
(d) Annie's pets.
5. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He goes back home.
(b) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(c) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(d) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
2. What is Annie's mother's name?
3. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
4. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
5. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)