|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) Music, opera, and social issues.
(b) His experiences during the war.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
2. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) The war.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) Routine things.
(d) What they would do after the war.
3. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She sends Annie to her room.
(b) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(c) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(d) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
4. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(b) Clean up the kitchen.
(c) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(d) Play checkers.
5. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He goes back home.
(b) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(c) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
2. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
3. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
4. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
5. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)