|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Reading at the library.
(b) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(c) Baking cookies with her mother.
(d) Walking around her neighborhood.
2. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) Mustard gas.
(b) Exploding gas tanks.
(d) A bomb.
3. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie appreciates his music.
(b) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(c) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(d) Annie bakes good cookies.
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Bake elaborate desserts.
(b) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(c) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(d) Discuss books they've read.
5. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(b) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(c) He goes back home.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
2. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
3. Who is the main character?
4. What does Annie's Sunday School teacher find disgusting?
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)