|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) Aunt Felicia.
(b) Annie's grandmother.
(d) The housekeeper.
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(b) She starts an argument.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
3. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Played sad songs on the piano.
(b) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(c) Went to talk with a friend.
(d) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
4. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Designing and sewing clothing.
(b) Visiting wounded soldiers.
(c) Writing and playing piano music.
(d) Writing novels.
5. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Other volunteers who work with her.
(b) Women from the neighborhood.
(c) Friends from church.
(d) Friends from the school she attended.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Annie's mother's name?
2. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
3. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
4. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)