|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
(b) New York City.
(d) Kansas City.
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) A convalescent home.
(b) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(c) To their homes.
(d) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
3. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) One brother.
(b) One sister.
(c) None, she is an only child.
(d) Two brothers and one sister.
4. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Designing and sewing clothing.
(b) Writing and playing piano music.
(c) Writing novels.
(d) Visiting wounded soldiers.
5. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's grandparents.
(c) Annie's mother.
(d) Annie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
2. Where does Annie's father work?
3. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
4. Where does Annie live?
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)