|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(b) The accident outside the station.
(c) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(d) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
2. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(b) She sends Annie to her room.
(c) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(d) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
3. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(a) Changes bandages.
4. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They argued constantly.
(b) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(c) They went their separate ways.
(d) They grew closer together.
5. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(b) Annie bakes good cookies.
(c) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(d) Annie appreciates his music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annie's father do during the war?
2. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
3. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
5. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)