|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(b) Fix a snack.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
2. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They argued constantly.
(b) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(c) They grew closer together.
(d) They went their separate ways.
3. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) One brother.
(b) One sister.
(c) None, she is an only child.
(d) Two brothers and one sister.
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Friends from the school she attended.
(b) Other volunteers who work with her.
(c) Women from the neighborhood.
(d) Friends from church.
5. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) County Hospital.
(b) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) His own private practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
2. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
3. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
4. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
5. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)