|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Annie's dog?
2. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(b) A terrible accident at the station.
(c) A fight between two soldiers.
(d) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
3. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(b) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(c) She sends Annie to her room.
(d) She refuses to discuss the subject.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Neighbors and the family minister.
(b) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(c) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(d) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
5. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) The war.
(b) Routine things.
(c) What they would do after the war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
2. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
3. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
4. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
5. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)