|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(b) The wounded men at the train station.
(c) If she can wear her new dress.
(d) What happened to Uncle Paul.
2. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
(b) La Boheme.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Madame Butterfly.
3. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(b) Played sad songs on the piano.
(c) Went to talk with a friend.
(d) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
4. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A cousin who served in the war.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) Her grandparents.
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) An old friend.
(b) Annie's cousins.
(c) Annie's Uncle John.
(d) Timothy Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
2. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
3. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
4. What is the name of Annie's dog?
5. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)