|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Writing and playing piano music.
(b) Designing and sewing clothing.
(c) Visiting wounded soldiers.
(d) Writing novels.
2. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(b) Play checkers.
(c) Clean up the kitchen.
(d) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
3. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
(a) Plays duets with her mother.
(b) Writes in her journal.
(c) Visits her grandparents or plays alone.
(d) Plays with friends.
4. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She is still shy around him.
(b) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(c) She does not want to show him her report card.
(d) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
5. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Friends from the school she attended.
(b) Friends from church.
(c) Other volunteers who work with her.
(d) Women from the neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
2. How many siblings does Annie have?
3. Where does Annie live?
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
5. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)