|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Discuss books they've read.
(b) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(c) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(d) Bake elaborate desserts.
2. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She does not want to show him her report card.
(b) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(c) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(d) She is still shy around him.
3. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A movie.
(b) The opera.
(c) A musical.
(d) A Shakespearean play.
4. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
(b) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
(c) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
(d) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
5. Where does Annie live?
(a) Kansas City.
(c) Grand Island.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
2. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
3. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
4. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
5. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)