|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) His own private practice.
(d) County Hospital.
2. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) Two brothers and one sister.
(b) One brother.
(c) None, she is an only child.
(d) One sister.
3. Where does Annie live?
(a) Grand Island.
(b) New York City.
(d) Kansas City.
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Other volunteers who work with her.
(b) Women from the neighborhood.
(c) Friends from church.
(d) Friends from the school she attended.
5. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Walking around her neighborhood.
(b) Baking cookies with her mother.
(c) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(d) Reading at the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
2. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
3. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
4. What did Annie's father do during the war?
5. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)