|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Annie's dog?
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) A convalescent home.
(d) To their homes.
3. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) Annie's grandmother.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Aunt Felicia.
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(b) Bake elaborate desserts.
(c) Discuss books they've read.
(d) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
5. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Baking cookies with her mother.
(b) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(c) Walking around her neighborhood.
(d) Reading at the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. Where does Annie live?
3. Who are Frances and Charlie?
4. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
5. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)