|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) To their homes.
(b) A convalescent home.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
2. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Timothy Lewis.
(b) Annie's Uncle John.
(c) Annie's cousins.
(d) An old friend.
3. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Baking cookies with her mother.
(b) Reading at the library.
(c) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(d) Walking around her neighborhood.
4. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) His own private practice.
(b) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(c) County Hospital.
(d) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
5. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
(a) Punched his fist through a wall.
(b) Did not talk for two days.
(c) Chopped wood for an hour.
(d) Went for a long walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
2. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
5. Who are Frances and Charlie?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)