|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Friends of Uncle Paul.
(b) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
(c) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
(d) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
2. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(b) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(c) Fix a snack.
(d) Go to bed.
3. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(d) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
4. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) La Boheme.
(d) Madame Butterfly.
5. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) To their homes.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) A convalescent home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
2. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
3. What did Annie's father do during the war?
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
5. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)