|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) His own private practice.
(b) County Hospital.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
2. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(b) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(c) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(d) He goes back home.
3. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
(a) Her mother's two groups of friends.
(b) Her mother is rarely home.
(c) Her mother's frequent illnesses.
(d) Her mother's volunteer work.
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(b) Fix a snack.
(c) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(d) Go to bed.
5. Where does Annie live?
(b) Kansas City.
(c) Grand Island.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
3. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
4. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)