|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie's mother's name?
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) A convalescent home.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) To their homes.
(d) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
3. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He goes back home.
(b) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(c) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(d) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's father.
(b) Annie's grandparents.
(d) Annie's mother.
5. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) The wounded men at the train station.
(b) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(c) What happened to Uncle Paul.
(d) If she can wear her new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Annie have?
2. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
3. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
4. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
5. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)