|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(b) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(c) He goes back home.
(d) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
2. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(b) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(c) Bake elaborate desserts.
(d) Discuss books they've read.
3. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She is still shy around him.
(b) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(c) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(d) She does not want to show him her report card.
4. When does Chapter 3 take place?
(a) The morning after Annie's father returns.
(b) Three days after Annie's father returns.
(c) The middle of the night when Annie is awakened by her parents' voices.
(d) The next evening.
5. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) County Hospital.
(d) His own private practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
2. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
3. Who is the main character?
4. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
5. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)