|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(b) Aunt Felicia.
(c) Annie's grandmother.
(d) The housekeeper.
2. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(b) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(c) He goes back home.
(d) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
3. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(b) Went to talk with a friend.
(c) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(d) Played sad songs on the piano.
4. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her father left.
(b) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(c) The day her grandfather died.
(d) The day she and her mother went shopping.
5. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(b) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(c) The accident outside the station.
(d) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Annie's mother's name?
2. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
3. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
4. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
5. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)