|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(b) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Fix a snack.
2. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) An old friend.
(b) Annie's cousins.
(c) Annie's Uncle John.
(d) Timothy Lewis.
3. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Clean up the kitchen.
(b) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(c) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(d) Play checkers.
4. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) A fight between two soldiers.
(b) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(c) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
(d) A terrible accident at the station.
5. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) To their homes.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) A convalescent home.
(d) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
2. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
5. What is Annie's mother's name?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)