|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an airplane pilot.
(b) Served as an ambulance driver.
(c) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(d) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
2. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(b) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(c) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
(d) She does not approve.
3. What is the name of Annie's dog?
4. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
(a) Her mother's frequent illnesses.
(b) Her mother is rarely home.
(c) Her mother's two groups of friends.
(d) Her mother's volunteer work.
5. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
(a) Chopped wood for an hour.
(b) Went for a long walk.
(c) Did not talk for two days.
(d) Punched his fist through a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
2. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
3. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
4. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
5. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)