|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie bakes good cookies.
(b) Annie appreciates his music.
(c) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(d) Annie likes the songs he sings.
2. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(b) Served as an airplane pilot.
(c) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(d) Served as an ambulance driver.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
(b) Attend operas and plays.
(c) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
(d) Knit and crochet.
4. Who is the main character?
(a) Angela Martin.
(b) Annie Metcalf.
(c) Abigail McBride.
(d) Alexandra Mooney.
5. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) The wounded men at the train station.
(b) If she can wear her new dress.
(c) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(d) What happened to Uncle Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Annie's dog?
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
3. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
4. Where does Annie's father work?
5. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)