|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's grandparents.
(c) Annie's father.
(d) Annie's mother.
2. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(b) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(c) She does not approve.
(d) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
3. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A cousin who served in the war.
4. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
(a) New York City.
(c) Kansas City.
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(d) Fix a snack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
4. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
5. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)