|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) An old friend.
(b) Annie's Uncle John.
(c) Timothy Lewis.
(d) Annie's cousins.
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(c) She starts an argument.
(d) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Attend operas and plays.
(b) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
(c) Knit and crochet.
(d) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
4. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(b) She does not want to show him her report card.
(c) She is still shy around him.
(d) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
5. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(b) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(c) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(d) She sends Annie to her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
2. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
3. What is Annie's mother's name?
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
5. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)