|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A movie.
(b) The opera.
(c) A Shakespearean play.
(d) A musical.
2. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Madame Butterfly.
(d) La Boheme.
3. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(b) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(c) She is still shy around him.
(d) She does not want to show him her report card.
4. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her father left.
(b) The day her grandfather died.
(c) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(d) The day she and her mother went shopping.
5. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(c) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(d) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
3. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
4. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
5. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)