|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A cousin who served in the war.
(d) Her grandparents.
2. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(b) What happened to Uncle Paul.
(c) If she can wear her new dress.
(d) The wounded men at the train station.
3. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(b) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(c) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(d) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
4. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Annie's cousins.
(b) An old friend.
(c) Timothy Lewis.
(d) Annie's Uncle John.
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(b) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(c) Played sad songs on the piano.
(d) Went to talk with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
2. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
3. Where does Annie live?
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
5. When does Chapter 3 take place?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)