|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(b) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(c) The day her father left.
(d) The day her grandfather died.
2. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(b) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(c) She sends Annie to her room.
(d) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
3. Where does Annie live?
(b) New York City.
(c) Grand Island.
(d) Kansas City.
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(b) Annie's mother.
(c) Annie's father.
(d) Annie's grandparents.
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Annie's cousins.
(b) Timothy Lewis.
(c) An old friend.
(d) Annie's Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Frances and Charlie?
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
3. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
4. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
5. When does Chapter 3 take place?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)