|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) The housekeeper.
(c) Aunt Felicia.
(d) Annie's grandmother.
2. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) What happened to Uncle Paul.
(b) The wounded men at the train station.
(c) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(d) If she can wear her new dress.
3. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(b) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
(c) A fight between two soldiers.
(d) A terrible accident at the station.
4. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
(b) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
(c) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
(d) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
5. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They argued constantly.
(b) They went their separate ways.
(c) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(d) They grew closer together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
2. What is Annie's mother's name?
3. Where does Annie's father work?
4. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
5. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)