|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(b) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(c) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
(d) The accident outside the station.
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(c) She starts an argument.
(d) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
3. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(c) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(b) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(c) Neighbors and the family minister.
(d) Uncle Paul and his wife.
5. What is the name of Annie's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
3. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
4. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)