|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie's mother's name?
2. When does Chapter 3 take place?
(a) The next evening.
(b) The middle of the night when Annie is awakened by her parents' voices.
(c) The morning after Annie's father returns.
(d) Three days after Annie's father returns.
3. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(b) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(c) Neighbors and the family minister.
(d) Uncle Paul and his wife.
4. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She does not approve.
(b) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(c) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
(d) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
5. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's mother.
(b) Annie's father.
(c) Annie's grandparents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
2. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
3. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
4. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
5. What is the name of Annie's dog?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)