|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(a) Changes bandages.
2. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(b) She sends Annie to her room.
(c) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(d) She refuses to discuss the subject.
3. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(b) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(c) Served as an airplane pilot.
(d) Served as an ambulance driver.
4. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
(b) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(c) A terrible accident at the station.
(d) A fight between two soldiers.
5. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(c) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(d) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
2. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
3. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
4. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
5. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)