|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(c) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(d) She starts an argument.
2. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Annie's cousins.
(b) Annie's Uncle John.
(c) Timothy Lewis.
(d) An old friend.
3. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(b) Served as an ambulance driver.
(c) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(d) Served as an airplane pilot.
4. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(b) They went their separate ways.
(c) They grew closer together.
(d) They argued constantly.
5. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(b) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(c) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(d) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
2. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
3. What is the name of Annie's dog?
4. Who are Frances and Charlie?
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)