|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has accepted a job that Mrs. Metcalf does not approve of.
(b) Because Dr. Metcalf said no to a dinner party Mrs. Metcalf wished to have.
(c) Dr. Metcalf did not buy Mrs. Metcalf a gift when he came home.
(d) Dr. Metcalf is buying another car.
2. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(d) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
3. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
(b) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
(c) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
(d) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
4. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Baking cookies with her mother.
(b) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(c) Reading at the library.
(d) Walking around her neighborhood.
5. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) A cousin who served in the war.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
2. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
3. Where does Annie's father work?
4. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
5. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)