|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Annie's Uncle John.
(b) Annie's cousins.
(c) An old friend.
(d) Timothy Lewis.
2. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Clean up the kitchen.
(b) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(c) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(d) Play checkers.
3. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(c) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
4. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) The accident outside the station.
(b) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
(c) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(d) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
5. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) The housekeeper.
(c) Aunt Felicia.
(d) Annie's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
2. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
3. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
4. What did Annie's father do during the war?
5. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)