|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Annie's dog?
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(c) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(d) She starts an argument.
3. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(b) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(c) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
4. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(b) She sends Annie to her room.
(c) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(d) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
5. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) To their homes.
(b) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) A convalescent home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
2. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
3. Who are Frances and Charlie?
4. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
5. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)