|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(b) To their homes.
(c) A convalescent home.
(d) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
2. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her father left.
(b) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(c) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(d) The day her grandfather died.
3. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) Annie's grandmother.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Aunt Felicia.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(b) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(c) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(d) Neighbors and the family minister.
5. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) County Hospital.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) His own private practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
2. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
3. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
4. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
5. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)