|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(b) She is still shy around him.
(c) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(d) She does not want to show him her report card.
2. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(b) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(c) Played sad songs on the piano.
(d) Went to talk with a friend.
3. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(b) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
(c) A fight between two soldiers.
(d) A terrible accident at the station.
4. Who are Frances and Charlie?
(a) Annie's friends from the neighborhood.
(b) Uncle Paul's children.
(c) The dog and cat.
(d) Annie's cousins.
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Annie's Uncle John.
(b) Timothy Lewis.
(c) Annie's cousins.
(d) An old friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
2. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
3. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
4. What is Annie's mother's name?
5. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)