|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her father left.
(b) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(c) The day her grandfather died.
(d) The day she and her mother went shopping.
2. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(b) She does not want to show him her report card.
(c) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(d) She is still shy around him.
3. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She starts an argument.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(d) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(b) Annie's father.
(c) Annie's mother.
(d) Annie's grandparents.
5. Who are Frances and Charlie?
(a) Annie's friends from the neighborhood.
(b) Uncle Paul's children.
(c) The dog and cat.
(d) Annie's cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annie live?
2. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
3. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
4. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
5. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)