|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) A cousin who served in the war.
2. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Annie's cousins.
(b) Annie's Uncle John.
(c) An old friend.
(d) Timothy Lewis.
3. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
(b) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
(c) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
(d) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
4. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(b) A terrible accident at the station.
(c) A fight between two soldiers.
(d) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
5. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(d) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
2. What is the name of Annie's dog?
3. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
5. Where does Annie live?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)