|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character?
(a) Annie Metcalf.
(b) Abigail McBride.
(c) Alexandra Mooney.
(d) Angela Martin.
2. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(b) The day her grandfather died.
(c) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(d) The day her father left.
3. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) County Hospital.
(b) His own private practice.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(c) Fix a snack.
(d) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
5. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(b) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(c) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(d) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
3. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
4. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
5. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)