|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(c) Changes bandages.
2. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(b) She sends Annie to her room.
(c) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(d) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
3. When does Chapter 3 take place?
(a) The middle of the night when Annie is awakened by her parents' voices.
(b) The next evening.
(c) The morning after Annie's father returns.
(d) Three days after Annie's father returns.
4. What is the name of Annie's dog?
5. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(b) The day her grandfather died.
(c) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(d) The day her father left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Frances and Charlie?
2. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
3. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
4. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
5. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)