|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
(a) New York City.
(c) Kansas City.
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(c) Changes bandages.
3. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(b) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(c) The day her father left.
(d) The day her grandfather died.
4. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(b) Clean up the kitchen.
(c) Play checkers.
(d) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
5. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(b) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
(c) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(d) The accident outside the station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
2. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
3. What is Annie's mother's name?
4. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
5. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)