|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(b) Changes bandages.
2. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(b) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(c) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(d) Neighbors and the family minister.
3. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
(b) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
(c) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
(d) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
4. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) The war.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) What they would do after the war.
(d) Routine things.
5. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(b) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
(c) The accident outside the station.
(d) The wounded men she saw at the station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
2. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
3. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
4. What did Annie's father do during the war?
5. Where does Annie live?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)