|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(b) They went their separate ways.
(c) They grew closer together.
(d) They argued constantly.
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(b) She starts an argument.
(c) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(d) She laughs.
3. Where does Annie live?
(a) Grand Island.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) New York City.
4. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
(b) A terrible accident at the station.
(c) A fight between two soldiers.
(d) The wounded men and their blank stares.
5. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Clean up the kitchen.
(b) Play checkers.
(c) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(d) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
2. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
3. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
4. Who are Frances and Charlie?
5. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)