|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
(c) New York City.
(d) Kansas City.
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(d) Changes bandages.
3. What is Annie's mother's name?
4. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(b) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(c) The day her father left.
(d) The day her grandfather died.
5. When does Chapter 3 take place?
(a) Three days after Annie's father returns.
(b) The next evening.
(c) The morning after Annie's father returns.
(d) The middle of the night when Annie is awakened by her parents' voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
2. Where does Annie live?
3. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
4. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
5. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)