|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They went their separate ways.
(b) They grew closer together.
(c) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(d) They argued constantly.
2. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) New York City.
3. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has accepted a job that Mrs. Metcalf does not approve of.
(b) Because Dr. Metcalf said no to a dinner party Mrs. Metcalf wished to have.
(c) Dr. Metcalf did not buy Mrs. Metcalf a gift when he came home.
(d) Dr. Metcalf is buying another car.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Neighbors and the family minister.
(b) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(c) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(d) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
5. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(a) Changes bandages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
3. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
5. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)