|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(b) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(c) Played sad songs on the piano.
(d) Went to talk with a friend.
2. Who are Frances and Charlie?
(a) Annie's cousins.
(b) The dog and cat.
(c) Uncle Paul's children.
(d) Annie's friends from the neighborhood.
3. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
(b) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
(c) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
(d) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
4. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
(b) She does not want to show him her report card.
(c) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(d) She is still shy around him.
5. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(b) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(c) Served as an ambulance driver.
(d) Served as an airplane pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. What is the name of Annie's dog?
3. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
4. What is Annie's mother's name?
5. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)