|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(b) She sends Annie to her room.
(c) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(d) She refuses to discuss the subject.
2. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) The war.
(b) What they would do after the war.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) Routine things.
3. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) Aunt Felicia.
(b) Annie's grandmother.
(d) The housekeeper.
4. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(b) Clean up the kitchen.
(c) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(d) Play checkers.
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Fix a snack.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(d) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
2. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
3. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
4. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
5. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)