Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
(a) She is afraid that her mother told him that Annie is not allowed to visit.
(b) She is afraid he will not want her to visit.
(c) She is afraid that he will think she does not have time to visit.
(d) She is afraid he will not want her going to St. John's by herself.
2. How did Uncle Paul die?
(b) A gun discharged in his tent and wounded him fatally.
(c) He was packing hand grenades and one exploded.
3. Who tells Annie how Uncle Paul died?
(c) A lieutenant who served under Uncle Paul.
(d) Her father.
4. When does Chapter 3 take place?
(a) The next evening.
(b) The middle of the night when Annie is awakened by her parents' voices.
(c) The morning after Annie's father returns.
(d) Three days after Annie's father returns.
5. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She has a piece of music to finish.
(b) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(c) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(d) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
2. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
3. What had Andrew considered doing shortly after he was injured?
4. According to Annie, what did Uncle Paul earn for his service in the Army?
5. During Annie's second visit to St. John's, who do Annie and her grandfather meet?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)