|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
(a) A photograph of her family.
(b) Oatmeal cookies and her books of maps.
(c) Books about Europe.
(d) A photograph of Uncle Paul.
2. After Grandfather sends a letter about Uncle Paul's medals, what does Annie decide to do?
(a) Continue visting St. John's.
(b) Learn how Timothy was injured.
(c) Learn more about Andrew's service record.
(d) Learn more about Uncle Paul's death and the missing medal.
3. When and where did Uncle Paul die?
(a) June 6, 1918, in France.
(b) October, 5, 1917, in Germany.
(c) January 4, 1918, in France.
(d) April 14, 1918, in Germany.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(b) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(c) Neighbors and the family minister.
(d) Uncle Paul and his wife.
5. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(b) He goes back home.
(c) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(d) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
2. Where does Annie's father work?
3. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
4. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
5. What does Annie's Sunday School teacher find disgusting?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)