Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
(b) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
(c) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
(d) Her father asks her to go back.
2. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
(a) She doesn't have a good view of the fireworks.
(b) The fireworks are not as spectacular as usual.
(c) She doesn't like the noise the fireworks make.
(d) She dreads the visit she will make with her grandfather to St. John's.
3. After the mayor's big announcement on the Fourth of July, why don't Father and Ruth want to see the plans?
(a) They think too many people will come to the hospital.
(b) They think the new fire engine is too expensive.
(c) They have already seen the plans.
(d) They think the monument will glorify the unnecessary loss of lives.
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's mother.
(b) Annie's father.
(d) Annie's grandparents.
5. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(d) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Frances and Charlie?
2. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
3. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
4. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
5. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)