|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(b) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(c) Clean up the kitchen.
(d) Play checkers.
2. What is the name of Annie's dog?
3. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(d) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
4. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an airplane pilot.
(b) Served as an ambulance driver.
(c) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(d) Served as an army officer in Europe.
5. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
(a) Dr. Metcalf did not buy Mrs. Metcalf a gift when he came home.
(b) Because Dr. Metcalf said no to a dinner party Mrs. Metcalf wished to have.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has accepted a job that Mrs. Metcalf does not approve of.
(d) Dr. Metcalf is buying another car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
2. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
3. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
4. Who are Frances and Charlie?
5. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)