|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(b) Neighbors and the family minister.
(c) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(d) Uncle Paul and his wife.
2. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
(a) The French army.
(b) Both armies.
(c) The American army.
(d) The German army.
3. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(b) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(c) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(d) She has a piece of music to finish.
4. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
(a) On the trolley.
(b) They walk.
(c) Grandfather drives his car.
(d) Annie's father takes them.
5. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) Aunt Felicia.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Annie's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Annie have?
2. Why are Annie and her mother avoiding each other the evening after her mother returns from her trip?
3. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
4. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
5. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)