|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
(a) Because Annie needs to go to Bible School.
(b) Because Annie is supposed to be helping Grandmother.
(c) She doesn't think Annie will be able to get all her chores done.
(d) She does not want Annie exposed to all the ugliness.
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(c) Changes bandages.
3. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
(a) Her mother is irrational.
(b) Her mother needs to talk about the war.
(c) Her mother ignores things that are unpleasant.
(d) Her mother's dislike of anything that relates to the war must influence her mother's behavior.
4. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
(a) Annie's father convinces her of the importance of Annie's visits to the soldiers.
(b) Ruth convinces Annie's mother to allow Annie to visit.
(c) Annie's grandfather asks her to reconsider.
(d) Andrew calls Annie's mother and asks if she can visit again.
5. Annie is allowed to visit St. John's again, but now Andrew is busy. What is Andrew doing at the hospital that keeps him busy?
(a) Doing physical therapy with some of the patients.
(b) Yard work.
(c) Custodial work.
(d) Playing baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Frances and Charlie?
2. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
3. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
4. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, who do Annie and Andrew talk about?
5. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)