|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Reading and visiting the library.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
2. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
(a) Books about Europe.
(b) Oatmeal cookies and her books of maps.
(c) A photograph of her family.
(d) A photograph of Uncle Paul.
3. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
(a) Annie's grandfather died at the hospital.
(b) Annie's grandfather has had a heart attack, but will live.
(c) Annie's grandfather has cancer.
(d) Annie's father is very sick.
4. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
(a) The city is buying a fire engine.
(b) A monument will be built to honor the soliders.
(c) The fireworks will begin after dark.
(d) They need volunteers to visit injured soldiers.
5. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(b) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(c) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(d) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie's father learn how Uncle Paul died?
2. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
3. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
4. Why do Annie and her father visit St. John's in the evening a couple days after Grandfather writes Annie?
5. Why is Andrew having surgery?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)