|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie's father want to discuss after dinner the day Annie visits St. John's for the first time?
(a) What was her favorite part of her visit.
(b) Whether she will go back to visit.
(c) Why she ran away.
(d) About her experience at St. John's.
2. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
(a) His father visits daily.
(b) His friendship with Annie.
(c) The doctors are finding better ways to treat his condition.
(d) The camaraderie of his fellow soldiers is helping him to have a more positive attitude.
3. How will Annie find out if the surgery is a success?
(a) One of the nuns will call her after the surgery.
(b) She will find out when she visits again.
(c) Her father will call her from the hospital.
(d) Timothy will call her after the surgery.
4. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
(a) Annie's grandfather has had a heart attack, but will live.
(b) Annie's father is very sick.
(c) Annie's grandfather has cancer.
(d) Annie's grandfather died at the hospital.
5. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
(a) He slips and almost falls.
(b) He cut himself shaving.
(c) He has a cut on his hand.
(d) He is unsteady and breathing hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth show Annie?
2. Who are Frances and Charlie?
3. Why is Annie so angry with her mother as they drive away from St. John's after Annie's second visit?
4. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
5. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)