|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
(a) The beginning of another school year.
(b) Her mother's return.
(c) Learning more about Uncle Paul's death.
(d) Visiting Andrew and Timothy.
2. About a week after Andrew's surgery, to whom does Andrew introduce Annie?
(a) A soldier from Andrew's unit.
(b) The doctor who performed Andrew's surgery.
(c) A soldier who served with Uncle Paul.
(d) Andrew's father.
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Other volunteers who work with her.
(b) Women from the neighborhood.
(c) Friends from the school she attended.
(d) Friends from church.
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(b) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(c) Fix a snack.
(d) Go to bed.
5. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
(a) Write Uncle Paul's commanding officer.
(b) Look through Uncle Paul's belongings.
(c) Stop researching Uncle Paul's death.
(d) Talk to other men in Uncle Paul's unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Annie's days a flurry of activity now that her mother has been gone for awhile?
2. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
3. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
5. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)