|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie's mother's name?
2. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
(b) Attend operas and plays.
(c) Knit and crochet.
(d) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
3. Why can't Annie hide the fact that she's been visiting St. John's from her mother any longer?
(a) Her mother is home.
(b) Someone calls her mother and tells her that Annie has been at the hospital.
(c) Annie's father informs her mother that Annie has been at the hospital.
(d) A neighbor tells Annie's mother that Annie has been at the hospital.
4. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
(a) Annie's pets.
(b) Clowns juggling.
(c) Wounded soldiers.
(d) Broken Blossom, a movie starring Lillian Gish.
5. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
(a) She has more time for charity work.
(b) She cleans the house more frequently.
(c) She cries frequently.
(d) Annie's grandmother used to sing all the time and be in a good mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Annie, what did Uncle Paul earn for his service in the Army?
2. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
3. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
4. Although Annie is busy this summer and enjoying herself, why does she have times when she feels guilty?
5. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)