|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
(a) Estes Park, Colorado.
(b) To Ruth's house.
(c) New York City.
(d) To stay at Annie's grandparents' home.
2. What does Annie do each day now that her mother has been gone for a few days?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Go to the library to see Ruth.
(d) Visit St. John's to see Andrew and help the nuns.
3. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Played sad songs on the piano.
(b) Went to talk with a friend.
(c) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(d) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
4. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(b) She has a piece of music to finish.
(c) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(d) She's tired and goes to bed early.
5. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
(a) Passchendaele Ridge.
(b) Belleau Woods.
(d) Argonne Woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
2. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
3. What did Annie's father do during the war?
4. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
5. Annie is allowed to visit St. John's again, but now Andrew is busy. What is Andrew doing at the hospital that keeps him busy?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)