|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
(a) She hadn't seen him since yesterday and wanted to talk with him.
(b) To tell him she met the severely burned patient.
(c) To tell him that Grandfather is not feeling well.
(d) To ask him to take her home.
2. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(d) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
3. Why does Mrs. Crayton visit Annie after school starts?
(a) To thank her for helping Andrew to recover.
(b) To introduce her to Mr. Crayton.
(c) To ask her to visit her and Andrew at their home.
(d) To introduce her to Andrew's siblings.
4. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Aunt Felicia.
(d) Her mother.
5. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(b) She has a piece of music to finish.
(c) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(d) She's tired and goes to bed early.
Short Answer Questions
1. After arguing with her mother about St. John's, Annie goes to her room to think. What interrupts Annie's thoughts?
2. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
3. What is Annie's mother's name?
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
5. Why doesn't Annie visit the hospital a few days after she receives Grandfather's letter?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)