|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
(a) Annie's grandfather died at the hospital.
(b) Annie's father is very sick.
(c) Annie's grandfather has cancer.
(d) Annie's grandfather has had a heart attack, but will live.
2. In the evening after Annie's Sunday School outing, why do she and Father go over to Grandfather's house?
(a) Listen to a sermon.
(b) Buy some food.
(c) Visit soldiers.
(d) Inspect Uncle Paul's motorcyle.
3. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(b) The day her father left.
(c) The day her grandfather died.
(d) The day she and her mother went shopping.
4. Why is Annie so angry with her mother as they drive away from St. John's after Annie's second visit?
(a) Annie was just beginning to get to know Andrew and her mother had ruined it all.
(b) She wanted to get ice cream before they went home.
(c) She had wanted to come home with Father.
(d) She wanted to come home on the trolley.
5. What will be done for Timothy's condition soon?
(a) His bandages will be removed.
(b) He will learn Braille.
(c) The doctors will use a new salve on his eyes.
(d) He will have an operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
2. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
3. After arguing with her mother about St. John's, Annie goes to her room to think. What interrupts Annie's thoughts?
4. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
5. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)