|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
(a) Because her mother was so rude.
(b) Because she ran away the first day she met him.
(c) Because she didn't bring anything to read to him.
(d) Because she forgot to bring cookies.
2. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) No one.
(c) One of the nuns.
(d) Her father.
3. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) Exploding gas tanks.
(c) Mustard gas.
(d) A bomb.
4. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(c) Changes bandages.
5. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
(a) Talking about the war reminds her of Uncle Paul's death.
(b) She thinks America should not have been involved in the war.
(c) She doesn't like to think about the injured, dying, or dead soldiers.
(d) She is a pacifist and is against war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
2. When and where did Uncle Paul die?
3. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
4. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
5. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)