|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
(a) He has a cut on his hand.
(b) He cut himself shaving.
(c) He is unsteady and breathing hard.
(d) He slips and almost falls.
2. What had Andrew considered doing shortly after he was injured?
(a) Leaving the army without permission.
(b) Work hard so he could get back to the fighting.
(c) Study to become a doctor and help others who were severely injured.
(d) Killing himself.
3. The day after receiving Grandfather's letter, who does Annie meet at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Lewis, Timothy's mother.
(b) Mrs. Crayton, Andrew's mother.
(c) Andrew's siblings.
(d) Mr. Lewis, Timothy's father.
4. What is the outcome of Andrew's surgery?
(a) It is successful with no complications.
(b) There are complications and he will need another surgery.
(c) An infection has set in and he will have to have another surgery.
(d) He had a bad reaction to the anesthesia.
5. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(b) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(c) The accident outside the station.
(d) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
2. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
3. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
4. What does Andrew appreciate about Annie?
5. Why is Annie happy when she goes home the evening that she and Father go to St. John's?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)