|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
(a) Uncle Paul was wounded by friendly fire.
(b) Uncle Paul was a deserter.
(c) Uncle Paul was a hero and an example for his men.
(d) Uncle Paul was captured by the Germans and killed.
2. What medal did Andrew receive?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) A letter of commendation.
(c) Distinguished Service Medal.
(d) Bronze Star.
3. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
(a) Oatmeal cookies and her books of maps.
(b) A photograph of Uncle Paul.
(c) Books about Europe.
(d) A photograph of her family.
4. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(b) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(c) He goes back home.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
5. According to Annie, what did Uncle Paul earn for his service in the Army?
(a) Medals for courage.
(b) An Iron Cross.
(c) A commendation.
(d) A Purple Heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
2. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
3. What happens the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
4. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
5. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)