|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
(b) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
(c) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(d) Annie has too many chores to do.
2. Why do Annie and her father visit St. John's in the evening a couple days after Grandfather writes Annie?
(a) To talk with Andrew.
(b) To visit Timothy.
(c) Annie's father has to care for a dying patient.
(d) There is an emergency at the hospital.
3. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
(a) Andrew's terrible burns.
(b) That Annie has to leave so soon.
(c) The weather.
(d) How rudely Annie's mother acts.
4. Annie is allowed to visit St. John's again, but now Andrew is busy. What is Andrew doing at the hospital that keeps him busy?
(a) Custodial work.
(b) Yard work.
(c) Doing physical therapy with some of the patients.
(d) Playing baseball.
5. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's father.
(b) Annie's grandparents.
(d) Annie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
2. What is the name of Annie's dog?
3. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
4. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
5. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)