|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
(a) Punched his fist through a wall.
(b) Chopped wood for an hour.
(c) Went for a long walk.
(d) Did not talk for two days.
2. The newspaper is on the steps when Annie returns home from the Sunday School outing. What is the front page headline?
(a) War Monument Donations at 90%.
(b) World Peace Signed and Sealed at Versailles.
(c) President Wilson to Visit Kansas City.
(d) Vice President Marshall to Visit Kansas City.
3. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
(a) She thinks Annie shouldn't visit the hospital.
(b) She thinks Annie will be bored.
(c) She doesn't think Annie can cook very well.
(d) She thinks Annie's friend is a bad influence.
4. Why are Annie's days a flurry of activity now that her mother has been gone for awhile?
(a) She has many chores to do at home and she visits Andrew every day.
(b) She helps Ruth at the library.
(c) She is taking a summer school class.
(d) She gets together with friends every day.
5. Why does Andrew not say goodbye to Annie as she leaves after visiting the hospital for a second time?
(a) He is upset by how rudely Mrs. Metcalf treated him.
(b) He does not want to see Annie leave.
(c) Someone has called him to come back inside.
(d) He did not realize she was leaving so soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
2. When Annie returns from the Sunday School outing, what does she tell her parents?
3. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
4. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
5. How does Annie's father learn how Uncle Paul died?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)