|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She does not want to show him her report card.
(b) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(c) She is still shy around him.
(d) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
2. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Baking cookies with her mother.
(b) Reading at the library.
(c) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(d) Walking around her neighborhood.
3. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) No one.
(b) One of the nuns.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(b) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(c) Fix a snack.
(d) Go to bed.
5. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
(a) Annie's father convinces her of the importance of Annie's visits to the soldiers.
(b) Andrew calls Annie's mother and asks if she can visit again.
(c) Ruth convinces Annie's mother to allow Annie to visit.
(d) Annie's grandfather asks her to reconsider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Annie in this school year?
2. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
3. What happens the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
4. Annie is allowed to visit St. John's again, but now Andrew is busy. What is Andrew doing at the hospital that keeps him busy?
5. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)