|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
(a) Annie's father should have his own practice.
(b) That she is glad that Annie's father is working at St. John's.
(c) Annie's father should be working at the county hospital.
(d) Annie's father should not be associating with Catholics.
2. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
(a) She thinks Annie shouldn't visit the hospital.
(b) She doesn't think Annie can cook very well.
(c) She thinks Annie's friend is a bad influence.
(d) She thinks Annie will be bored.
3. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
(a) She is a pacifist and is against war.
(b) She thinks America should not have been involved in the war.
(c) Talking about the war reminds her of Uncle Paul's death.
(d) She doesn't like to think about the injured, dying, or dead soldiers.
4. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
(a) Annie has a job working at the library.
(b) Annie has been asked to volunteer at the hospital.
(c) There is a new treatment for Andrew's injuries.
(d) Timothy has regained his sight.
5. What does Andrew appreciate about Annie?
(a) That she is his friend and doesn't look away when she sees him.
(b) That she visits daily.
(c) That she bakes delicious cookies.
(d) Her ability to play the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 3 take place?
2. What does Annie's Sunday School teacher find disgusting?
3. What happens the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
4. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
5. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)