|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
(a) She doesn't think Annie can cook very well.
(b) She thinks Annie's friend is a bad influence.
(c) She thinks Annie shouldn't visit the hospital.
(d) She thinks Annie will be bored.
2. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
(a) She wants to write notes about her visit before she forgets the details.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She's tired.
(d) She doesn't want to talk about the visit.
3. What grade is Annie in this school year?
(a) Eleventh grade.
(b) Eighth grade.
(c) Tenth Grade.
(d) Ninth grade.
4. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
(a) On the trolley.
(b) Grandfather drives his car.
(c) Annie's father takes them.
(d) They walk.
5. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
(a) The patient's family.
(b) The weather.
(c) The terrible things he encountered when he was fighting in France.
(d) Annie's father and how his work at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
2. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
3. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
4. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
5. Who tells Annie how Uncle Paul died?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)