|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of Andrew's surgery?
(a) He had a bad reaction to the anesthesia.
(b) It is successful with no complications.
(c) There are complications and he will need another surgery.
(d) An infection has set in and he will have to have another surgery.
2. What reunites Annie and her mother after their argument when Annie's mother returned from her trip?
(a) Annie's mother allowing her to visit the hospital again.
(b) Learning how Uncle Paul died.
(c) Annie's grandmother talks to both of them and helps them mend their differences.
(d) Annie plants rose bushes to replace the ones she ruined.
3. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
(a) To Ruth's house.
(b) New York City.
(c) Estes Park, Colorado.
(d) To stay at Annie's grandparents' home.
4. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(b) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(c) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(d) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
5. How will Annie find out if the surgery is a success?
(a) She will find out when she visits again.
(b) Her father will call her from the hospital.
(c) One of the nuns will call her after the surgery.
(d) Timothy will call her after the surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
2. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
3. How has Annie's grandmother changed since Uncle Paul died?
4. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
5. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)