|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) No one.
(c) One of the nuns.
(d) Her father.
2. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) A convalescent home.
(d) To their homes.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(b) Discuss books they've read.
(c) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(d) Bake elaborate desserts.
4. What does Annie do each day now that her mother has been gone for a few days?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Visit St. John's to see Andrew and help the nuns.
(c) Visit friends.
(d) Go to the library to see Ruth.
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(c) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(d) Fix a snack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Annie find out if the surgery is a success?
2. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
3. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
4. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
5. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)