|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) A bomb.
(b) Mustard gas.
(d) Exploding gas tanks.
2. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Writing novels.
(b) Designing and sewing clothing.
(c) Visiting wounded soldiers.
(d) Writing and playing piano music.
3. What does Andrew tell Annie after talking to a soldier who served with Uncle Paul?
(a) Uncle Paul's unit was in action on June 6.
(b) No one can remember when Uncle Paul's unit was in action.
(c) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action until June 14, eight days after Uncle Paul died.
(d) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action the entire month of June.
4. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
(a) He wasn't in France on June 6.
(b) The army listed the wrong date in the telegram sent to Annie's family.
(c) He was in Britain on June 6.
(d) His unit didn't fight a battle until June 14.
5. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(b) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(c) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(d) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
2. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
3. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
4. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
5. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)