|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(d) Fix a snack.
2. The newspaper is on the steps when Annie returns home from the Sunday School outing. What is the front page headline?
(a) War Monument Donations at 90%.
(b) World Peace Signed and Sealed at Versailles.
(c) President Wilson to Visit Kansas City.
(d) Vice President Marshall to Visit Kansas City.
3. What does Grandfather say in his letter about Uncle Paul's medals?
(a) Uncle Paul received a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart.
(b) Uncle Paul received a Purple Heart.
(c) Uncle Paul received a Good Conduct Medal.
(d) Uncle Paul did not receive a Purple Heart.
4. Although Annie is busy this summer and enjoying herself, why does she have times when she feels guilty?
(a) She is visiting St. John's even though her mother ordered her not to go there.
(b) She burned her father's dinner.
(c) She isn't getting all the chores done at home.
(d) She doesn't have time to check on her grandparents home.
5. What is Annie's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Crayton visit Annie after school starts?
2. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
3. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
4. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
5. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)