|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) His own private practice.
(c) County Hospital.
(d) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
2. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
(a) At Miss Peterson's house.
(b) Visting the hospital with Miss Peterson.
(c) Bible School.
(d) Some place other than Bible School.
3. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They argued constantly.
(b) They went their separate ways.
(c) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(d) They grew closer together.
4. How will Annie find out if the surgery is a success?
(a) Timothy will call her after the surgery.
(b) One of the nuns will call her after the surgery.
(c) She will find out when she visits again.
(d) Her father will call her from the hospital.
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Fix a snack.
(b) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(c) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(d) Go to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
2. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
3. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
4. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
5. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)