|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth show Annie?
(a) Sheet music.
(c) Books about war.
(d) Her favorite poetry books.
2. Who are Frances and Charlie?
(a) The dog and cat.
(b) Annie's friends from the neighborhood.
(c) Uncle Paul's children.
(d) Annie's cousins.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Bake elaborate desserts.
(b) Discuss books they've read.
(c) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(d) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
4. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
(b) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
(c) Her father asks her to go back.
(d) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
5. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(b) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(c) He goes back home.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
2. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
4. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
5. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)