|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Friends from the school she attended.
(b) Women from the neighborhood.
(c) Friends from church.
(d) Other volunteers who work with her.
2. Who is Ruth?
(a) Annie's mother's friend and a muscian.
(b) Annie's mother's friend and a librarian.
(c) The mother of one of Annie's school friends.
(d) A friend of Annie's grandmother.
3. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
(a) He is horribly disfigured.
(b) She's shy and doesn't know what to say.
(c) He reminds her of Uncle Paul.
(d) He tries to flirt with her.
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
(b) Knit and crochet.
(c) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
(d) Attend operas and plays.
5. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) Her father.
(c) No one.
(d) Her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
2. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
3. Who is the main character?
4. When does Chapter 3 take place?
5. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)