|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth show Annie?
(a) Her favorite poetry books.
(b) Sheet music.
(c) Books about war.
2. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(c) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(d) Fix a snack.
3. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Reading and visiting the library.
4. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(b) Baking cookies with her mother.
(c) Walking around her neighborhood.
(d) Reading at the library.
5. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
(a) He reminds her of Uncle Paul.
(b) He tries to flirt with her.
(c) She's shy and doesn't know what to say.
(d) He is horribly disfigured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
2. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
3. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
4. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)