|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie live?
(a) Grand Island.
(b) New York City.
(d) Kansas City.
2. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
(a) Because Dr. Metcalf said no to a dinner party Mrs. Metcalf wished to have.
(b) Dr. Metcalf did not buy Mrs. Metcalf a gift when he came home.
(c) Dr. Metcalf is buying another car.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has accepted a job that Mrs. Metcalf does not approve of.
3. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Played sad songs on the piano.
(b) Went to talk with a friend.
(c) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(d) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Neighbors and the family minister.
(b) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(c) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(d) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
5. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
(a) Lunches on Saturday when they would have picnics.
(b) Afternoons when her father would pick her up from school.
(c) Evening, when she would run to meet him after work.
(d) Morning at breakfast, when they discussed plans for the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
2. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
3. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
4. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
5. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)