|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an ambulance driver.
(b) Served as an airplane pilot.
(c) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(d) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
2. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
(a) She's shy and doesn't know what to say.
(b) He tries to flirt with her.
(c) He reminds her of Uncle Paul.
(d) He is horribly disfigured.
3. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(b) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(c) The day her grandfather died.
(d) The day her father left.
4. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(c) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(d) Fix a snack.
5. What is the name of Annie's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
2. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
3. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
4. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
5. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)