|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Felicia.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
2. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
(d) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
3. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(b) Fix a snack.
(c) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(d) Go to bed.
4. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(c) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
5. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Women from the neighborhood.
(b) Friends from the school she attended.
(c) Friends from church.
(d) Other volunteers who work with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Annie have?
2. What did Annie's father do during the war?
3. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
4. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
5. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)