|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) Annie's grandmother.
(b) The housekeeper.
(d) Aunt Felicia.
2. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) Routine things.
(b) The war.
(c) What they would do after the war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Other volunteers who work with her.
(b) Women from the neighborhood.
(c) Friends from the school she attended.
(d) Friends from church.
4. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Aunt Felicia.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
5. Where does Annie live?
(b) Grand Island.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
2. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
3. When does Chapter 3 take place?
4. What is Annie's mother's name?
5. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)