|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
(b) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(c) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
2. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(b) Served as an airplane pilot.
(c) Served as an ambulance driver.
(d) Served as an army officer in Europe.
3. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
(a) Her mother is rarely home.
(b) Her mother's volunteer work.
(c) Her mother's two groups of friends.
(d) Her mother's frequent illnesses.
4. When does Chapter 3 take place?
(a) Three days after Annie's father returns.
(b) The middle of the night when Annie is awakened by her parents' voices.
(c) The morning after Annie's father returns.
(d) The next evening.
5. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) The wounded men at the train station.
(b) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(c) If she can wear her new dress.
(d) What happened to Uncle Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
2. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
3. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
4. How many siblings does Annie have?
5. Where does Annie live?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)