|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(b) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(c) She sends Annie to her room.
(d) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
2. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(b) Served as an airplane pilot.
(c) Served as an ambulance driver.
(d) Served as an army officer in Europe.
3. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
(a) Went for a long walk.
(b) Chopped wood for an hour.
(c) Punched his fist through a wall.
(d) Did not talk for two days.
4. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A musical.
(b) A Shakespearean play.
(c) A movie.
(d) The opera.
5. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She enjoys poetry.
(b) She wants to know more about the war.
(c) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(d) She loves to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
2. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
3. When does Chapter 3 take place?
4. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)