|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(b) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(c) Went to talk with a friend.
(d) Played sad songs on the piano.
2. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(b) What happened to Uncle Paul.
(c) The wounded men at the train station.
(d) If she can wear her new dress.
3. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
(a) Annie's father.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) What Annie would like to do when she grows up.
(d) His experiences visiting the soldiers at St. John's.
4. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) A cousin who served in the war.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) Her brother.
5. What is Annie's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
3. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
4. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
5. Where does Annie's father work?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)