|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
(a) Her mother's frequent illnesses.
(b) Her mother's two groups of friends.
(c) Her mother is rarely home.
(d) Her mother's volunteer work.
2. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
(a) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(b) His own private practice.
(c) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(d) County Hospital.
3. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(b) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(c) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(d) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
4. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(b) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(c) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(d) He goes back home.
5. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
(a) She is still shy around him.
(b) She is not ready to share Mother yet.
(c) She does not want to show him her report card.
(d) She's not ready to talk about what she did when he was gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Frances and Charlie?
2. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
3. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
4. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
5. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)