|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her father left.
(b) The day her grandfather died.
(c) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(d) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
2. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Fix a snack.
(b) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
3. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
(a) Dr. Metcalf's luggage got lost on the train.
(b) Dr. Metcalf needs more uniforms for work.
(c) Dr. Metcalf has lost weight.
(d) Dr. Metcalf has gained weight.
4. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
(b) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
(c) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
(d) Her father asks her to go back.
5. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Walking around her neighborhood.
(b) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(c) Baking cookies with her mother.
(d) Reading at the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Annie have?
2. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
3. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
4. Who is Ruth?
5. What is the name of Annie's dog?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)