|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(b) Annie appreciates his music.
(c) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(d) Annie bakes good cookies.
2. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(b) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
(c) Annie has too many chores to do.
(d) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
3. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
(a) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(b) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(c) To their homes.
(d) A convalescent home.
4. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) Routine things.
(c) What they would do after the war.
(d) The war.
5. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(b) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(c) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(d) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Frances and Charlie?
2. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
4. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)