|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(b) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(c) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(d) She has a piece of music to finish.
2. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A movie.
(b) A musical.
(c) The opera.
(d) A Shakespearean play.
3. What does Ruth show Annie?
(a) Books about war.
(b) Her favorite poetry books.
(d) Sheet music.
4. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
(b) His experiences during the war.
(c) Music, opera, and social issues.
(d) Uncle Paul.
5. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They went their separate ways.
(b) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(c) They argued constantly.
(d) They grew closer together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
2. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
3. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
4. Who is Ruth?
5. What is Annie's mother's name?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)