|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's father.
(c) Annie's mother.
(d) Annie's grandparents.
2. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie bakes good cookies.
(b) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(c) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(d) Annie appreciates his music.
3. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A movie.
(b) The opera.
(c) A Shakespearean play.
(d) A musical.
4. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(c) Reading and visiting the library.
(d) Taking long walks.
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Knit and crochet.
(b) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
(c) Attend operas and plays.
(d) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
2. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
3. When does Chapter 3 take place?
4. How many siblings does Annie have?
5. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)