|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) Neighbors and the family minister.
(b) Uncle Paul and his wife.
(c) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(d) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
2. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Women from the neighborhood.
(b) Friends from the school she attended.
(c) Friends from church.
(d) Other volunteers who work with her.
3. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Fix a snack.
(d) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
4. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her grandfather died.
(b) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(c) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(d) The day her father left.
5. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A Shakespearean play.
(b) A movie.
(c) A musical.
(d) The opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
2. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
3. Where does Annie's father work?
4. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
5. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)