|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
(a) She asks him if she can do the same type of volunteer work.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She thinks it is an excellent cause and sometimes volunteers herself.
(d) She is glad and drives him whenever he needs a ride.
2. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(b) She refuses to discuss the subject.
(c) She sends Annie to her room.
(d) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
3. Annie is meeting her father at the station. Who else would Annie like to be meeting at the train station?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) A cousin who served in the war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
4. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(c) She starts an argument.
(d) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
5. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) His own private practice.
(b) County Hospital.
(c) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(d) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Metcalfs need to shop for clothes the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home?
2. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
3. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
4. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
5. Who is Ruth?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)