|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Reading and visiting the library.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Taking long walks.
(d) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
2. Where does Annie's father work?
(a) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(b) County Hospital.
(c) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(d) His own private practice.
3. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
(a) Chopped wood for an hour.
(b) Punched his fist through a wall.
(c) Did not talk for two days.
(d) Went for a long walk.
4. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) What they would do after the war.
(b) Routine things.
(c) The war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
5. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) Her father asks her to go back.
(b) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
(c) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
(d) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
2. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
3. Who is the main character?
4. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
5. The first Saturday after her father arrives, Annie's father is already awake and gone. Why is Annie almost glad he isn't home?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)