|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
(a) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(b) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(c) His own private practice.
(d) County Hospital.
2. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie bakes good cookies.
(b) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(c) Annie appreciates his music.
(d) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
3. What is Annie's mother's name?
4. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
(a) She's shy and doesn't know what to say.
(b) He tries to flirt with her.
(c) He is horribly disfigured.
(d) He reminds her of Uncle Paul.
5. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
(b) She starts an argument.
(c) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
2. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
3. What is the name of Annie's dog?
4. Who is Ruth?
5. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)