|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
(b) Music, opera, and social issues.
(c) His experiences during the war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
2. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(b) If she can wear her new dress.
(c) The wounded men at the train station.
(d) What happened to Uncle Paul.
3. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They grew closer together.
(b) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(c) They argued constantly.
(d) They went their separate ways.
4. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Annie has too many chores to do.
(b) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
(c) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(d) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
5. Where would Annie's mother prefer that Annie's father work?
(a) His own private practice.
(b) St. John's Veterans Hospital.
(c) Kansas City Memorial Hospital.
(d) County Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
2. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
3. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
4. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
5. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)