|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie and Mrs. Metcalf talk over breakfast the day after Dr. Metcalf returns home, what does Annie's mother say about what they saw at the train station?
(a) She sends Annie to her room.
(b) She listens to Annie and explains what was happening.
(c) She tells Annie to ask her father about the topic.
(d) She refuses to discuss the subject.
2. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Aunt Felicia.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
3. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
(b) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
(c) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(d) Annie has too many chores to do.
4. Who are Frances and Charlie?
(a) Uncle Paul's children.
(b) The dog and cat.
(c) Annie's cousins.
(d) Annie's friends from the neighborhood.
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Went to talk with a friend.
(b) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(c) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(d) Played sad songs on the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
2. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
3. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
4. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
5. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)