|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) The wounded men at the train station.
(b) If she can wear her new dress.
(c) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(d) What happened to Uncle Paul.
2. Who has Annie's grandfather been visiting at St. John's Hospital?
(a) Timothy Lewis.
(b) Annie's cousins.
(c) Annie's Uncle John.
(d) An old friend.
3. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Aunt Felicia.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(b) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(c) Bake elaborate desserts.
(d) Discuss books they've read.
5. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) Music, opera, and social issues.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) His experiences during the war.
(d) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wounded soldiers arrive on the same train with Dr. Metcalf. Where are they going?
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
3. What did Annie's father do during the war?
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
5. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)