|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(b) He goes back home.
(c) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
(d) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
2. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Women from the neighborhood.
(b) Friends from church.
(c) Friends from the school she attended.
(d) Other volunteers who work with her.
3. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
(a) The wounded men she saw at the station.
(b) What she will have for dinner when they get home.
(c) The accident outside the station.
(d) The look on her father's face when he first saw her.
4. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(b) They argued constantly.
(c) They grew closer together.
(d) They went their separate ways.
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
(b) Knit and crochet.
(c) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
(d) Attend operas and plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
2. Who are Frances and Charlie?
3. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
4. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
5. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)