|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
(b) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
(c) Her father asks her to go back.
(d) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
2. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
(a) Her mother is rarely home.
(b) Her mother's two groups of friends.
(c) Her mother's volunteer work.
(d) Her mother's frequent illnesses.
3. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(b) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(c) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(d) She has a piece of music to finish.
4. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
(b) A terrible accident at the station.
(c) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(d) A fight between two soldiers.
5. What is Annie's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
2. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
3. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
4. Who are Frances and Charlie?
5. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)