|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
(a) Annie's grandfather has cancer.
(b) Annie's grandfather died at the hospital.
(c) Annie's father is very sick.
(d) Annie's grandfather has had a heart attack, but will live.
2. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
(a) He was in Britain on June 6.
(b) The army listed the wrong date in the telegram sent to Annie's family.
(c) His unit didn't fight a battle until June 14.
(d) He wasn't in France on June 6.
3. What grade is Annie in this school year?
(a) Tenth Grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Eleventh grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
4. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(b) Play checkers.
(c) Clean up the kitchen.
(d) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
5. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She loves to read.
(b) She enjoys poetry.
(c) She wants to know more about the war.
(d) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
2. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
3. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
4. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
5. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)