|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie's grandfather do while she talks to one of the patients?
(a) Asks Andrew about his war experiences.
(b) Continues reading to Timothy.
(c) Eats a snack.
(d) Takes a nap.
2. During Annie's second visit to St. John's, who do Annie and her grandfather meet?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) A priest at the hospital.
(c) Andrew Clayton, the man with the severe burns.
(d) Timothy Lewis, the man who is blind.
3. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) None, she is an only child.
(b) One sister.
(c) One brother.
(d) Two brothers and one sister.
4. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
(b) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
(c) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
(d) Friends of Uncle Paul.
5. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
(a) Argonne Woods.
(c) Belleau Woods.
(d) Passchendaele Ridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
2. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
3. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
5. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)