|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
(a) Annie's father should have his own practice.
(b) Annie's father should not be associating with Catholics.
(c) Annie's father should be working at the county hospital.
(d) That she is glad that Annie's father is working at St. John's.
2. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's father.
(b) Annie's grandparents.
(c) Annie's mother.
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Women from the neighborhood.
(b) Other volunteers who work with her.
(c) Friends from church.
(d) Friends from the school she attended.
4. According to Annie, what did Uncle Paul earn for his service in the Army?
(a) A commendation.
(b) A Purple Heart.
(c) An Iron Cross.
(d) Medals for courage.
5. Who are Frances and Charlie?
(a) Uncle Paul's children.
(b) Annie's friends from the neighborhood.
(c) The dog and cat.
(d) Annie's cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
2. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
3. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
5. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)