|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Designing and sewing clothing.
(b) Visiting wounded soldiers.
(c) Writing and playing piano music.
(d) Writing novels.
2. During Annie's second visit to St. John's, who do Annie and her grandfather meet?
(a) Andrew Clayton, the man with the severe burns.
(b) Timothy Lewis, the man who is blind.
(c) A priest at the hospital.
(d) One of the nuns.
3. What medal did Andrew receive?
(a) Bronze Star.
(b) A letter of commendation.
(c) Purple Heart.
(d) Distinguished Service Medal.
4. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
(b) Belleau Woods.
(c) Passchendaele Ridge.
(d) Argonne Woods.
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(b) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(c) Bake elaborate desserts.
(d) Discuss books they've read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
2. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
3. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
5. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)