|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
(a) Because she forgot to bring cookies.
(b) Because she didn't bring anything to read to him.
(c) Because she ran away the first day she met him.
(d) Because her mother was so rude.
2. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
(a) Annie's father.
(b) Annie's mother.
(c) Annie's grandmother.
(d) Miss Peterson.
3. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
(a) She wants to write notes about her visit before she forgets the details.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She's tired.
(d) She doesn't want to talk about the visit.
4. What does Annie do with her newfound freedom while her mother and her grandparents are gone on their trip?
(a) She goes back to Bible School.
(b) She invites friends over to her house.
(c) She does chores and visits St. John's.
(d) She goes to the library.
5. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
(a) Exploding gas tanks.
(c) Mustard gas.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
2. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
3. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
4. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
5. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)