|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
(a) A movie.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Annie's house.
(d) The city park.
2. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
(a) Visting the hospital with Miss Peterson.
(b) At Miss Peterson's house.
(c) Bible School.
(d) Some place other than Bible School.
3. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
(a) Uncle Paul was captured by the Germans and killed.
(b) Uncle Paul was a hero and an example for his men.
(c) Uncle Paul was a deserter.
(d) Uncle Paul was wounded by friendly fire.
4. During Annie's second visit to St. John's, who do Annie and her grandfather meet?
(a) Andrew Clayton, the man with the severe burns.
(b) Timothy Lewis, the man who is blind.
(c) One of the nuns.
(d) A priest at the hospital.
5. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
(b) Belleau Woods.
(c) Passchendaele Ridge.
(d) Argonne Woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
2. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
3. Why does Andrew not say goodbye to Annie as she leaves after visiting the hospital for a second time?
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
5. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)