|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
(a) Because her mother was so rude.
(b) Because she forgot to bring cookies.
(c) Because she didn't bring anything to read to him.
(d) Because she ran away the first day she met him.
2. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A Shakespearean play.
(b) A musical.
(c) The opera.
(d) A movie.
3. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
(a) She is afraid he will not want her going to St. John's by herself.
(b) She is afraid that her mother told him that Annie is not allowed to visit.
(c) She is afraid he will not want her to visit.
(d) She is afraid that he will think she does not have time to visit.
4. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(b) Annie's father.
(c) Annie's mother.
(d) Annie's grandparents.
5. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
(a) To tell him that Grandfather is not feeling well.
(b) To ask him to take her home.
(c) To tell him she met the severely burned patient.
(d) She hadn't seen him since yesterday and wanted to talk with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
2. How many siblings does Annie have?
3. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
4. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
5. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)