|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
(a) She is afraid that he will think she does not have time to visit.
(b) She is afraid he will not want her going to St. John's by herself.
(c) She is afraid he will not want her to visit.
(d) She is afraid that her mother told him that Annie is not allowed to visit.
2. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
(a) The terrible things he encountered when he was fighting in France.
(b) The patient's family.
(c) Annie's father and how his work at the hospital.
(d) The weather.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Knit and crochet.
(b) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
(c) Attend operas and plays.
(d) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Discuss books they've read.
(b) Bake elaborate desserts.
(c) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(d) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
5. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) Routine things.
(c) The war.
(d) What they would do after the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
2. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
3. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
4. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
5. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)