|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They grew closer together.
(b) They went their separate ways.
(c) They argued constantly.
(d) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
2. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
(b) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
(c) Friends of Uncle Paul.
(d) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
(a) Annie's grandmother.
(b) Annie's mother.
(c) Miss Peterson.
(d) Annie's father.
4. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) Two brothers and one sister.
(b) None, she is an only child.
(c) One brother.
(d) One sister.
5. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Discuss books they've read.
(b) Bake elaborate desserts.
(c) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(d) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
2. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
3. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
4. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
5. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)