|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
(a) The park.
(b) Annie's home and St. John's hospital.
(c) Annie's grandparents' house.
2. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
(a) Miss Peterson.
(b) Annie's father.
(c) Annie's mother.
(d) Annie's grandmother.
3. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
(a) The French army.
(b) The American army.
(c) Both armies.
(d) The German army.
4. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
(a) She will be fine at home alone.
(b) She will write him frequently.
(c) She will visit Timothy and read to him.
(d) She will look after the chickens.
5. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They grew closer together.
(b) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(c) They went their separate ways.
(d) They argued constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
2. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
4. During Annie's second visit to St. John's, who do Annie and her grandfather meet?
5. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)