|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
(a) Her mother's two groups of friends.
(b) Her mother is rarely home.
(c) Her mother's frequent illnesses.
(d) Her mother's volunteer work.
2. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) The housekeeper.
(c) Aunt Felicia.
(d) Annie's grandmother.
3. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
(a) Argonne Woods.
(b) Passchendaele Ridge.
(d) Belleau Woods.
4. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
(a) Annie's home and St. John's hospital.
(c) The park.
(d) Annie's grandparents' house.
5. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(b) Clean up the kitchen.
(c) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
(d) Play checkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
2. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
3. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
4. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
5. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)