|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Annie's grandmother.
(d) Aunt Felicia.
2. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Madame Butterfly.
(c) La Boheme.
(d) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
3. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(b) Played sad songs on the piano.
(c) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
(d) Went to talk with a friend.
4. What does Annie's Sunday School teacher find disgusting?
(a) Annie's ice cream.
(b) The food that gets spilled on the floor.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The disfigured and injured men.
5. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her grandfather died.
(b) The day her father left.
(c) The day she and her mother went shopping.
(d) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
2. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
3. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
4. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
5. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)