|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Annie, what did Uncle Paul earn for his service in the Army?
(a) A commendation.
(b) An Iron Cross.
(c) A Purple Heart.
(d) Medals for courage.
2. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
(a) Back to the church.
(b) Blair's Ice Cream and Candy Parlor.
(c) To a restaurant.
(d) To Miss Peterson's house.
3. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She's tired.
(c) She doesn't want to talk about the visit.
(d) She wants to write notes about her visit before she forgets the details.
4. Who are the grownups that greet Annie and her parents when they arrive home from the train station?
(a) People Annie's father worked with before the war.
(b) Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt Felicia, Uncle Mark, and Uncle John.
(c) Neighbors and the family minister.
(d) Uncle Paul and his wife.
5. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
(a) To tell him that Grandfather is not feeling well.
(b) To tell him she met the severely burned patient.
(c) To ask him to take her home.
(d) She hadn't seen him since yesterday and wanted to talk with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Andrew not say goodbye to Annie as she leaves after visiting the hospital for a second time?
3. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
4. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
5. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)