|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Friends from church.
(b) Other volunteers who work with her.
(c) Women from the neighborhood.
(d) Friends from the school she attended.
2. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
(a) She will look after the chickens.
(b) She will visit Timothy and read to him.
(c) She will be fine at home alone.
(d) She will write him frequently.
3. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(b) They grew closer together.
(c) They went their separate ways.
(d) They argued constantly.
4. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) Routine things.
(b) What they would do after the war.
(c) The war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
5. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He dismisses her apology.
(c) He tells her not to worry about what happened.
(d) He struggles to hold back tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
2. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
3. What does Annie's Sunday School teacher find disgusting?
4. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
5. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)