|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
(a) The city park.
(b) A movie.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Annie's house.
2. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
(a) To tell him that Grandfather is not feeling well.
(b) To tell him she met the severely burned patient.
(c) She hadn't seen him since yesterday and wanted to talk with him.
(d) To ask him to take her home.
3. After their first dinner together with father and their guests leave, what do the Metcalfs do together?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Take a walk around the neighborhood.
(c) Fix a snack.
(d) Annie and her father sit on the sofa while her mother plays the piano.
4. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
(a) Andrew's terrible burns.
(b) How rudely Annie's mother acts.
(c) That Annie has to leave so soon.
(d) The weather.
5. In Chapter 9, who says "I hope I never have to go out there. From what I hear, those fellows aren't very pretty"?
(b) Miss Peterson.
(d) The conductor on the trolley.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Annie, what did Uncle Paul earn for his service in the Army?
2. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
3. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
4. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
5. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)