|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A movie.
(b) The opera.
(c) A musical.
(d) A Shakespearean play.
2. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
(b) Annie's grandparents' house.
(c) Annie's home and St. John's hospital.
(d) The park.
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's second group of friends?
(a) Women who enjoy music and the arts.
(b) Friends of Uncle Paul.
(c) Mothers of Annie's school friends.
(d) Wives of doctors who work with Dr. Metcalf.
4. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
(a) She will visit Timothy and read to him.
(b) She will write him frequently.
(c) She will be fine at home alone.
(d) She will look after the chickens.
5. Why does Andrew not say goodbye to Annie as she leaves after visiting the hospital for a second time?
(a) Someone has called him to come back inside.
(b) He is upset by how rudely Mrs. Metcalf treated him.
(c) He did not realize she was leaving so soon.
(d) He does not want to see Annie leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
2. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
3. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
4. What does Annie do with her newfound freedom while her mother and her grandparents are gone on their trip?
5. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)