|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
(a) Belleau Woods.
(b) Argonne Woods.
(c) Passchendaele Ridge.
2. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
(a) The French army.
(b) The American army.
(c) The German army.
(d) Both armies.
3. What does the family do after dinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Play checkers.
(b) Sit on the front porch and also play croquet.
(c) Clean up the kitchen.
(d) Sing while Annie's mother plays the piano.
4. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) Two brothers and one sister.
(b) One brother.
(c) One sister.
(d) None, she is an only child.
5. Where is the first place that Annie goes with her Sunday School class?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Annie's house.
(c) A movie.
(d) The city park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
2. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
4. Before Grandfather goes on the trip with Grandmother and Annie's mother, why does Annie tell him not to worry?
5. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)