|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) The opera.
(b) A musical.
(c) A movie.
(d) A Shakespearean play.
2. Why does Andrew not say goodbye to Annie as she leaves after visiting the hospital for a second time?
(a) He does not want to see Annie leave.
(b) Someone has called him to come back inside.
(c) He did not realize she was leaving so soon.
(d) He is upset by how rudely Mrs. Metcalf treated him.
3. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
(a) Women from the neighborhood.
(b) Other volunteers who work with her.
(c) Friends from church.
(d) Friends from the school she attended.
4. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(b) He goes back home.
(c) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
5. What does Annie's Sunday School teacher find disgusting?
(a) The food that gets spilled on the floor.
(b) The disfigured and injured men.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) Annie's ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
2. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
3. What incident do Annie and her father discuss regarding her first visit to the hospital?
4. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
5. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)