|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
(a) Annie's grandmother.
(b) Aunt Felicia.
(c) The housekeeper.
2. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
(a) He goes back home.
(b) He and Annie go for a ride on his motorcycle.
(c) He and Annie go for a walk in the park.
(d) He takes Annie to get ice cream.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Discuss books they've read.
(b) Bake elaborate desserts.
(c) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(d) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
4. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
(a) Leatherstocking Tales.
(c) The Last of the Mohicans.
5. Who are Frances and Charlie?
(a) Annie's cousins.
(b) Uncle Paul's children.
(c) The dog and cat.
(d) Annie's friends from the neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Mrs. Metcalf's first group of friends?
2. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
4. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
5. What does Annie do with her newfound freedom while her mother and her grandparents are gone on their trip?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)