|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
(a) He struggles to hold back tears.
(b) He dismisses her apology.
(c) He tells her not to worry about what happened.
(d) He gets angry.
2. How did Annie and her mother get along while her father was gone?
(a) They were civil, but did not have a close relationship.
(b) They grew closer together.
(c) They went their separate ways.
(d) They argued constantly.
3. Why does Annie sometimes feel shut out of her mother's life?
(a) Her mother is rarely home.
(b) Her mother's frequent illnesses.
(c) Her mother's two groups of friends.
(d) Her mother's volunteer work.
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her first group of friends like to do?
(a) Work for women's rights and other political and social issues.
(b) Persuade other women to volunteer to help wounded soldiers.
(c) Discuss books they've read.
(d) Bake elaborate desserts.
5. Why is Annie concerned about her grandfather as they begin the journey to go to St. John's for a second time?
(a) He cut himself shaving.
(b) He slips and almost falls.
(c) He is unsteady and breathing hard.
(d) He has a cut on his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
2. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
3. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
4. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
5. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)