|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
(a) Annie's mother.
(b) Annie's grandmother.
(c) Annie's father.
(d) Miss Peterson.
2. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
(a) Grandfather drives his car.
(b) Annie's father takes them.
(c) On the trolley.
(d) They walk.
3. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
(a) Knit and crochet.
(b) Attend operas and plays.
(c) Sit on the front porch and laugh and sing.
(d) Raise money for wounded soldiers.
4. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Played sad songs on the piano.
(b) Went to talk with a friend.
(c) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(d) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
5. After Dr. Metcalf arrives on the train, who drives home from the station?
(a) Annie's father.
(b) Annie's grandparents.
(c) Annie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
2. What did Annie's grandfather do when he heard his son had died?
3. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie's grandfather do while she talks to one of the patients?
4. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
5. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)