|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie and her mother talk about during her father's absence?
(a) The war.
(b) What they would do after the war.
(c) Uncle Paul.
(d) Routine things.
2. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
(a) Annie's father takes them.
(b) They walk.
(c) On the trolley.
(d) Grandfather drives his car.
3. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
(a) A photograph of her family.
(b) Books about Europe.
(c) A photograph of Uncle Paul.
(d) Oatmeal cookies and her books of maps.
4. After Annie's mother leaves on the trip with her grandparents, why is Annie nervous about telling her father she wants to go to St. John's?
(a) She is afraid that he will think she does not have time to visit.
(b) She is afraid that her mother told him that Annie is not allowed to visit.
(c) She is afraid he will not want her to visit.
(d) She is afraid he will not want her going to St. John's by herself.
5. What medal did Andrew receive?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) A letter of commendation.
(c) Bronze Star.
(d) Distinguished Service Medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were most of the burned soldiers injured?
2. Who are Frances and Charlie?
3. What happens when Uncle Paul visits one evening and Mrs. Metcalf is gone?
4. On the way home from her first visit to St. John's, why is Annie glad that Grandfather and Father are ignoring her?
5. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)