|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
(a) His friendship with Annie.
(b) The camaraderie of his fellow soldiers is helping him to have a more positive attitude.
(c) His father visits daily.
(d) The doctors are finding better ways to treat his condition.
2. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
(a) That Annie didn't attend Sunday School while her mother was gone.
(b) That Annie's father allowed her to visit the hospital daily.
(c) That Annie's father still refuses to work at the county hospital.
(d) That Annie didn't keep up with the household chores while her mother was gone.
3. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
(a) Her mother is irrational.
(b) Her mother ignores things that are unpleasant.
(c) Her mother needs to talk about the war.
(d) Her mother's dislike of anything that relates to the war must influence her mother's behavior.
4. About a week after Andrew's surgery, to whom does Andrew introduce Annie?
(a) A soldier from Andrew's unit.
(b) Andrew's father.
(c) A soldier who served with Uncle Paul.
(d) The doctor who performed Andrew's surgery.
5. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To Annie's grandparents' home.
(c) To the library.
(d) To find Annie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
2. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
3. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
4. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
5. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)