|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Taking long walks.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Reading and visiting the library.
(d) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
2. After arguing with her mother about St. John's, Annie goes to her room to think. What interrupts Annie's thoughts?
(a) Her grandmother comes over.
(b) Her mother's voice and noises in the house.
(c) Her father comes home.
(d) Her mother asks her to listen to a new piece of music.
3. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
(a) The beginning of another school year.
(b) Visiting Andrew and Timothy.
(c) Learning more about Uncle Paul's death.
(d) Her mother's return.
4. Why didn't Andrew enjoy going to school when he was a boy?
(a) He didn't like sitting still.
(b) He didn't like his teachers.
(c) His best friend went to a different school.
(d) He got bad grades.
5. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She loves to read.
(b) She enjoys poetry.
(c) She wants to know more about the war.
(d) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
2. About a week after Andrew's surgery, to whom does Andrew introduce Annie?
3. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
4. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
5. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)