|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
(a) Learning more about Uncle Paul's death.
(b) Visiting Andrew and Timothy.
(c) Her mother's return.
(d) The beginning of another school year.
2. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) No one.
3. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
(a) The doctors are finding better ways to treat his condition.
(b) The camaraderie of his fellow soldiers is helping him to have a more positive attitude.
(c) His father visits daily.
(d) His friendship with Annie.
4. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
(a) Her mother is irrational.
(b) Her mother needs to talk about the war.
(c) Her mother's dislike of anything that relates to the war must influence her mother's behavior.
(d) Her mother ignores things that are unpleasant.
5. Why didn't Andrew enjoy going to school when he was a boy?
(a) He didn't like sitting still.
(b) His best friend went to a different school.
(c) He got bad grades.
(d) He didn't like his teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
2. Why can't Annie hide the fact that she's been visiting St. John's from her mother any longer?
3. It is almost time for Annie's mother to return home. What season of the year is ending?
4. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
5. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)