|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth show Annie?
(b) Books about war.
(c) Her favorite poetry books.
(d) Sheet music.
2. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
(a) He tries to flirt with her.
(b) He reminds her of Uncle Paul.
(c) He is horribly disfigured.
(d) She's shy and doesn't know what to say.
3. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She wants to know more about the war.
(b) She loves to read.
(c) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(d) She enjoys poetry.
4. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
(a) The camaraderie of his fellow soldiers is helping him to have a more positive attitude.
(b) His friendship with Annie.
(c) His father visits daily.
(d) The doctors are finding better ways to treat his condition.
5. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) To find Annie's father.
(b) To the library.
(c) To Annie's grandparents' home.
(d) To the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
2. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
3. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
4. Who is Ruth?
5. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)