|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
(a) His father visits daily.
(b) His friendship with Annie.
(c) The doctors are finding better ways to treat his condition.
(d) The camaraderie of his fellow soldiers is helping him to have a more positive attitude.
2. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
(a) She's shy and doesn't know what to say.
(b) He reminds her of Uncle Paul.
(c) He is horribly disfigured.
(d) He tries to flirt with her.
3. Why didn't Andrew enjoy going to school when he was a boy?
(a) His best friend went to a different school.
(b) He didn't like sitting still.
(c) He got bad grades.
(d) He didn't like his teachers.
4. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) Music, opera, and social issues.
(b) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
(c) His experiences during the war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
5. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
(a) Learning more about Uncle Paul's death.
(b) Visiting Andrew and Timothy.
(c) The beginning of another school year.
(d) Her mother's return.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
2. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
4. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
5. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)