|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She enjoys poetry.
(b) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(c) She wants to know more about the war.
(d) She loves to read.
2. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) She has an invitation to play a new piece of music at a concert.
(b) She needs more books from the library.
(c) She and Grandmother will take Grandfather on a trip to recuperate.
(d) She had an argument with Annie's father.
3. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
(a) They are glad to be back together.
(b) They're planning on going to the hospital together.
(c) Their relationship is better than it ever has been.
(d) There is tension between them.
4. About a week after Andrew's surgery, to whom does Andrew introduce Annie?
(a) A soldier from Andrew's unit.
(b) Andrew's father.
(c) The doctor who performed Andrew's surgery.
(d) A soldier who served with Uncle Paul.
5. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
(a) The army listed the wrong date in the telegram sent to Annie's family.
(b) He wasn't in France on June 6.
(c) He was in Britain on June 6.
(d) His unit didn't fight a battle until June 14.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
2. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
3. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
4. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
5. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)