|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
(a) They're planning on going to the hospital together.
(b) Their relationship is better than it ever has been.
(c) There is tension between them.
(d) They are glad to be back together.
2. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
(a) His father visits daily.
(b) The camaraderie of his fellow soldiers is helping him to have a more positive attitude.
(c) His friendship with Annie.
(d) The doctors are finding better ways to treat his condition.
3. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
(a) Annie has a job working at the library.
(b) There is a new treatment for Andrew's injuries.
(c) Annie has been asked to volunteer at the hospital.
(d) Timothy has regained his sight.
4. Why is Annie so angry with her mother as they drive away from St. John's after Annie's second visit?
(a) She wanted to come home on the trolley.
(b) She had wanted to come home with Father.
(c) Annie was just beginning to get to know Andrew and her mother had ruined it all.
(d) She wanted to get ice cream before they went home.
5. Why didn't Andrew enjoy going to school when he was a boy?
(a) He got bad grades.
(b) He didn't like sitting still.
(c) He didn't like his teachers.
(d) His best friend went to a different school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
2. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
3. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
4. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
5. Why can't Annie hide the fact that she's been visiting St. John's from her mother any longer?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)