|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Reading and visiting the library.
(d) Playing the piano.
2. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) His experiences during the war.
(b) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
(c) Music, opera, and social issues.
(d) Uncle Paul.
3. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Annie has too many chores to do.
(b) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(c) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
(d) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
4. What does Ruth show Annie?
(a) Books about war.
(b) Her favorite poetry books.
(c) Sheet music.
5. Why didn't Andrew enjoy going to school when he was a boy?
(a) He didn't like sitting still.
(b) His best friend went to a different school.
(c) He got bad grades.
(d) He didn't like his teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
2. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
3. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
4. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
5. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)