|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) No one.
(c) One of the nuns.
(d) Her father.
2. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
(a) To stay at Annie's grandparents' home.
(b) To Ruth's house.
(c) Estes Park, Colorado.
(d) New York City.
3. What happens the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) Uncle John was in an accident.
(b) Annie's mother hurt her hand.
(c) Annie's grandfather is very sick.
(d) Annie's father was in an accident.
4. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
(a) He wasn't in France on June 6.
(b) The army listed the wrong date in the telegram sent to Annie's family.
(c) He was in Britain on June 6.
(d) His unit didn't fight a battle until June 14.
5. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Annie has too many chores to do.
(b) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
(c) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(d) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ruth?
2. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
3. What does Ruth show Annie?
4. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
5. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)