|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is almost time for Annie's mother to return home. What season of the year is ending?
2. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
(a) Why music is such a large part of her mother's life.
(b) Why her mother is so opposed to to St. John's and the men there.
(c) Why her mother is so tired.
(d) Why she and her mother don't spend more time together.
3. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) His experiences during the war.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) Music, opera, and social issues.
(d) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
4. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the library.
(c) To Annie's grandparents' home.
(d) To find Annie's father.
5. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) Her father asks her to go back.
(b) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
(c) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
(d) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
2. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
3. Why is Annie so angry with her mother as they drive away from St. John's after Annie's second visit?
4. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
5. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)