|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) She has an invitation to play a new piece of music at a concert.
(b) She needs more books from the library.
(c) She had an argument with Annie's father.
(d) She and Grandmother will take Grandfather on a trip to recuperate.
2. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
(a) Look through Uncle Paul's belongings.
(b) Write Uncle Paul's commanding officer.
(c) Talk to other men in Uncle Paul's unit.
(d) Stop researching Uncle Paul's death.
3. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(b) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(c) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
(d) She has a piece of music to finish.
4. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) His experiences visiting the soldiers at St. John's.
(c) What Annie would like to do when she grows up.
(d) Annie's father.
5. Who is Ruth?
(a) Annie's mother's friend and a librarian.
(b) The mother of one of Annie's school friends.
(c) Annie's mother's friend and a muscian.
(d) A friend of Annie's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
2. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
3. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
4. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
5. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)