|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
(a) New York City.
(b) To stay at Annie's grandparents' home.
(c) Estes Park, Colorado.
(d) To Ruth's house.
2. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(d) Reading and visiting the library.
3. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father.
(d) One of the nuns.
4. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
(a) The camaraderie of his fellow soldiers is helping him to have a more positive attitude.
(b) The doctors are finding better ways to treat his condition.
(c) His father visits daily.
(d) His friendship with Annie.
5. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To find Annie's father.
(c) To Annie's grandparents' home.
(d) To the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
2. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
3. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
4. It is almost time for Annie's mother to return home. What season of the year is ending?
5. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)