|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) Music, opera, and social issues.
(c) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
(d) His experiences during the war.
2. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
(a) Because Annie is supposed to be helping Grandmother.
(b) Because Annie needs to go to Bible School.
(c) She does not want Annie exposed to all the ugliness.
(d) She doesn't think Annie will be able to get all her chores done.
3. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
(a) Talk to other men in Uncle Paul's unit.
(b) Write Uncle Paul's commanding officer.
(c) Look through Uncle Paul's belongings.
(d) Stop researching Uncle Paul's death.
4. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) She had an argument with Annie's father.
(b) She needs more books from the library.
(c) She has an invitation to play a new piece of music at a concert.
(d) She and Grandmother will take Grandfather on a trip to recuperate.
5. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
(a) She's shy and doesn't know what to say.
(b) He is horribly disfigured.
(c) He reminds her of Uncle Paul.
(d) He tries to flirt with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
2. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
3. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
4. What does Ruth show Annie?
5. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)