|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
(a) Write Uncle Paul's commanding officer.
(b) Talk to other men in Uncle Paul's unit.
(c) Stop researching Uncle Paul's death.
(d) Look through Uncle Paul's belongings.
2. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) To the library.
(b) To Annie's grandparents' home.
(c) To find Annie's father.
(d) To the hospital.
3. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) Music, opera, and social issues.
(b) His experiences during the war.
(c) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
(d) Uncle Paul.
4. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Aunt Felicia.
(d) Her grandfather.
5. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
(a) She doesn't think Annie will be able to get all her chores done.
(b) Because Annie is supposed to be helping Grandmother.
(c) Because Annie needs to go to Bible School.
(d) She does not want Annie exposed to all the ugliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
2. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
3. After arguing with her mother about St. John's, Annie goes to her room to think. What interrupts Annie's thoughts?
4. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
5. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)