|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie runs away from one of the patients on her first visit to St. John's. Why does she go back?
(a) She tells her grandfather and he asks her to go back.
(b) She thinks of something she would like to ask the soldier.
(c) Her father asks her to go back.
(d) She drops her book and goes back to get it.
2. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
(a) Her mother's return.
(b) Learning more about Uncle Paul's death.
(c) Visiting Andrew and Timothy.
(d) The beginning of another school year.
3. Why is Annie so angry with her mother as they drive away from St. John's after Annie's second visit?
(a) She wanted to come home on the trolley.
(b) She wanted to get ice cream before they went home.
(c) She had wanted to come home with Father.
(d) Annie was just beginning to get to know Andrew and her mother had ruined it all.
4. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Reading and visiting the library.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(d) Playing the piano.
5. What does Ruth show Annie?
(a) Her favorite poetry books.
(b) Sheet music.
(d) Books about war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
2. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
3. After arguing with her mother about St. John's, Annie goes to her room to think. What interrupts Annie's thoughts?
4. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
5. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)