|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
(a) They are glad to be back together.
(b) They're planning on going to the hospital together.
(c) There is tension between them.
(d) Their relationship is better than it ever has been.
2. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
(a) He wasn't in France on June 6.
(b) He was in Britain on June 6.
(c) The army listed the wrong date in the telegram sent to Annie's family.
(d) His unit didn't fight a battle until June 14.
3. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
(a) His father visits daily.
(b) The doctors are finding better ways to treat his condition.
(c) His friendship with Annie.
(d) The camaraderie of his fellow soldiers is helping him to have a more positive attitude.
4. What does Ruth show Annie?
(a) Books about war.
(b) Her favorite poetry books.
(c) Sheet music.
5. About a week after Andrew's surgery, to whom does Andrew introduce Annie?
(a) A soldier from Andrew's unit.
(b) Andrew's father.
(c) A soldier who served with Uncle Paul.
(d) The doctor who performed Andrew's surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Annie and her grandfather discuss when they play checkers?
2. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
3. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
4. The morning after Annie's second visit to St. John's, what news do Annie and her grandmother learn?
5. Why does Annie's mother not want Annie to visit St. John's for a third time?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)