|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
(a) Her mother's dislike of anything that relates to the war must influence her mother's behavior.
(b) Her mother needs to talk about the war.
(c) Her mother ignores things that are unpleasant.
(d) Her mother is irrational.
2. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) Uncle Paul.
(b) His experiences during the war.
(c) Music, opera, and social issues.
(d) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
3. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) To find Annie's father.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Annie's grandparents' home.
(d) To the library.
4. About a week after Andrew's surgery, to whom does Andrew introduce Annie?
(a) The doctor who performed Andrew's surgery.
(b) A soldier who served with Uncle Paul.
(c) A soldier from Andrew's unit.
(d) Andrew's father.
5. Why does Annie spend a lot of time alone now that it is summer?
(a) Annie has too many chores to do.
(b) Her neighborhood friends are too busy to spend time with her.
(c) Annie's best friends have moved away.
(d) Her interests are changing and she is growing away from her neighborhood friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
2. What does Ruth show Annie?
3. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
4. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
5. About a week after Andrew's surgery, Annie goes to St. John's earlier than usual. What good news does she hear?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)