|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
(a) Visiting Andrew and Timothy.
(b) The beginning of another school year.
(c) Learning more about Uncle Paul's death.
(d) Her mother's return.
2. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) His experiences during the war.
(b) Uncle Paul.
(c) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
(d) Music, opera, and social issues.
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
(a) Why music is such a large part of her mother's life.
(b) Why she and her mother don't spend more time together.
(c) Why her mother is so opposed to to St. John's and the men there.
(d) Why her mother is so tired.
4. What are Annie's favorite summer activities?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Playing checkers with her grandfather.
(d) Reading and visiting the library.
5. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
(a) She doesn't want to hear anything about the wounded soldiers.
(b) She has a piece of music to finish.
(c) She's tired and goes to bed early.
(d) She likes to read for a while before she retires for the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
2. How are Annie and her mother getting along now that her mother and her grandparents have returned from their trip?
3. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
4. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
5. What does Ruth show Annie?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)