|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the soldiers from Uncle Paul's unit advise Annie to do when she meets him about a week after Andrew's surgery?
(a) Write Uncle Paul's commanding officer.
(b) Look through Uncle Paul's belongings.
(c) Talk to other men in Uncle Paul's unit.
(d) Stop researching Uncle Paul's death.
2. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
(a) She doesn't like to think about the injured, dying, or dead soldiers.
(b) She is a pacifist and is against war.
(c) She thinks America should not have been involved in the war.
(d) Talking about the war reminds her of Uncle Paul's death.
3. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
(a) To give Annie another book.
(b) To talk with Annie's mother.
(c) To take Annie to see her father.
(d) To stay with Annie and her grandmother.
4. Why is Annie's mother planning a trip the day after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) She has an invitation to play a new piece of music at a concert.
(b) She had an argument with Annie's father.
(c) She needs more books from the library.
(d) She and Grandmother will take Grandfather on a trip to recuperate.
5. Where do Annie's mother and her Uncle John go the evening after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) To find Annie's father.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To Annie's grandparents' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
2. What does Annie begin to realize about her mother and her mother's behavior after her second visit to St. John's?
3. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
4. It is almost time for Annie's mother to return home. What season of the year is ending?
5. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)