One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
(a) New York City.
(b) To Ruth's house.
(c) To stay at Annie's grandparents' home.
(d) Estes Park, Colorado.
2. Why didn't Andrew enjoy going to school when he was a boy?
(a) He didn't like sitting still.
(b) He didn't like his teachers.
(c) His best friend went to a different school.
(d) He got bad grades.
3. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
(a) He was in Britain on June 6.
(b) He wasn't in France on June 6.
(c) His unit didn't fight a battle until June 14.
(d) The army listed the wrong date in the telegram sent to Annie's family.
4. Why is Annie so interested in the things that Ruth shows her?
(a) She is fascinated by foreign-sounding names and exotic places that she might visit.
(b) She loves to read.
(c) She wants to know more about the war.
(d) She enjoys poetry.
5. Why is there a conflict between Annie's parents now that Mrs. Metcalf has returned from her trip?
(a) That Annie didn't attend Sunday School while her mother was gone.
(b) That Annie didn't keep up with the household chores while her mother was gone.
(c) That Annie's father allowed her to visit the hospital daily.
(d) That Annie's father still refuses to work at the county hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie's mother often leave the room when Annie's father talks about his work?
2. Who takes Annie to St. John's the first time she visits?
3. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
4. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
5. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)