1. Who is the main character?
(a) Alexandra Mooney.
(b) Abigail McBride.
(c) Angela Martin.
(d) Annie Metcalf.
2. What is Annie's mother's name?
3. Where does Annie live?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) Grand Island.
(d) New York City.
4. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
(b) New York City.
(c) Kansas City.
5. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(b) Served as an airplane pilot.
(c) Served as an ambulance driver.
(d) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
6. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(b) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(c) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(d) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
7. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
(b) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(c) A terrible accident at the station.
(d) A fight between two soldiers.
This section contains 6,750 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)