1. Who is the main character?
(a) Annie Metcalf.
(b) Alexandra Mooney.
(c) Angela Martin.
(d) Abigail McBride.
2. What is Annie's mother's name?
3. Where does Annie live?
(a) New York City.
(b) Kansas City.
(d) Grand Island.
4. Where did Annie's father serve during the war?
(b) New York City.
(c) Kansas City.
5. What did Annie's father do during the war?
(a) Served as an army officer in Europe.
(b) Served as an airplane pilot.
(c) Served as a physician treating wounded soldiers.
(d) Served as an ambulance driver.
6. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(b) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(c) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
(d) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
7. What horrifies Annie at the train station?
(a) Seeing Uncle Paul's body.
(b) The wounded men and their blank stares.
(c) A fight between two soldiers.
(d) A terrible accident at the station.
This section contains 6,750 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)