|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 281-285 | Fables 286-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
(a) A partridge.
(b) A jackdaw.
(c) A stork.
(d) A cicada.
2. In "The Lion and the Wild Boar" whom does the lion fight with?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A fox.
(c) A hound.
(d) A boar.
3. Who asks for alms in "The Adder and the File"?
(a) An adder.
(b) An ox.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A fox.
4. In "The Chariot of Hermes and the Arabs" whom does Hermes call liars and cheaters?
(a) The Asians.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Arabs.
(d) The Greeks.
5. In "The Lion, the Wolf and the Fox" whose skin must the lion wear to keep himself alive?
(a) The fox's skin.
(b) The sheep's skin.
(c) The deer's skin.
(d) The wolf's skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bird-catcher and the Stork" whom does the bird catcher catch?
2. In "The Hen and the Swallow" whose eggs does the hen sit on?
3. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" what does the farmer do to his hen?
4. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
5. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)