Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose funeral does Book VII open?
2. What does Venus claim the Trojans would have been better off doing after Troy was destroyed by the Greeks?
(a) Showering King Latinus with shiploads of gifts to win him over before meeting him.
(b) Staying with the rest of their people back with Acestës.
(c) Rebuilding Troy instead of being pricked by fate to travel to Latium and enter into a new conflict.
(d) Building shrines to her everywhere they traveled.
3. Evander, unaware, is the founder of which of the following?
(a) The sacred wood of Argiletum.
(b) The Lupercal grotto.
(c) Rome's great citadel.
(d) The first military school in Italy.
4. What portent announces the arrival of Venus with Aeneas' new armor?
(a) A flock of doves.
(b) A tongue of fire.
(c) Flashing lightning and a thunder crack.
(d) A gentle breeze.
5. How is Turnus spurred to make war on both King Latinus and the Trojans?
(a) Bacchus intoxicates his mind.
(b) Jupiter visits him and promises to help him defeat them both.
(c) Vulcan supplies him with weapons that cannot be defeated.
(d) Allecto plants a smoking torch in his body that fills him with a lust for war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Juno's arguments for why it was right for her to have helped the Rutulians?
2. To whom is Camilla compared to as she fights?
3. What favor does Aeneas generously grant the Latin petition?
4. Who slays Arruns?
5. How is Queen Amata turned thoroughly against the idea of Aeneas marrying her daughter Lavinia?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)