|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does King Latinus welcome the Trojans to Latinum?
(a) Duplicitously, because he plans to murder them and take their treasure and ships.
(b) Angrily, because the queen is forcing him to be polite to them.
(c) Sadly, because he knows their coming fortells his death.
(d) Gladly, because he wants Aeneas to marry his daughter.
2. How does Nisus die?
(a) He is attacked by the Furies.
(b) He is ripped apart while Volcens' men are retrieving the booty he stole from the Rutulian camp.
(c) He is struck down by Jupiter.
(d) He is killed by Volcens' men while killing Volcens for killing Euryalus.
3. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The Etruscans.
(c) The Rutulians.
(d) The Ithacans.
4. How is Aeneas healed in Book XII after war breaks out again and he is injured?
(a) Iapyx heals him without any divine assistance.
(b) Lavinia tends to his wound.
(c) Jupiter sends Apollo to heal him.
(d) Venus slips dittany into Iapyx's medicines.
5. Who does Venus want to keep safe by removing him or her from the war between the Trojans and Latins?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
2. How does Turnus' acceptance of the challenge to fight in single combat make Aeneas feel?
3. How does Arruns kill Camilla?
4. What reason does Latinus give to Turnus for why the Rutulians got involved in bloody wars with the Trojans?
5. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)