|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aeneas mourning at the beginning of Book XI?
2. What does Drancës call on Turnus to do?
(a) Pay Lavinia's ransom.
(b) Go into exile.
(c) Surrender himself as Aeneas' prisoner.
(d) Relinquish his claim to Lavinia and meet Aeneas in single combat.
3. What does the feast the Arcadians are having celebrate?
(a) The anniversary of Evander becoming king.
(b) When Hercules slew the beast Cacus.
(c) When the Arcadians defeated the Latins in battle.
(d) When Dardandus left to found Troy.
4. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
(a) Maps of Latium.
(b) Scenes of the gods and goddesses seated peacefully in Olympus.
(c) Scenes from the siege of Troy.
(d) The acts that will make his descendants famous.
5. How does Diomedes know Aeneas?
(a) Together, they stole the Palladium.
(b) He has heard tales from friends who traveled to Troy.
(c) They fought against each other in the Trojan War.
(d) Aeneas tracked him down to punish him for wounding Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slays Arruns?
2. What portent announces the arrival of Venus with Aeneas' new armor?
3. What do seers say it means when Lavinia's hair glows with divine fire?
4. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
5. Which monsters help Vulcan in his forge?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)