|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lausus die?
(a) He is cut down by Pallas.
(b) He is struck down by the gods for blasphemy.
(c) He takes his father's place in the fight against Aeneas.
(d) He is killed trying to kill Ascanius.
2. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
(a) A snake startles them and a soldier striking at it causes everyone to start fighting.
(b) Iulus hunted and shot a deer he didn't know was a favored pet.
(c) Aeneas does not show proper reverence to King Latinus' laurel tree.
(d) Trojan soldiers insult Lavinia.
3. What reason does Latinus give to Turnus for why the Rutulians got involved in bloody wars with the Trojans?
(a) Latinus went against fate and allowed Lavinia to be promised to Turnus.
(b) The Trojans forced them to defend themselves.
(c) Turnus is an unruly hothead.
(d) Juno meddled in their lives.
4. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
(a) He fights Turnus with an ax.
(b) He shoots Remulus through the head with an arrow.
(c) He uses his shield to protect another soldier from a rain of arrows.
(d) He cuts down with his sword a Rutulian trying to climb into the Trojan camp.
5. What is one of Juno's arguments for why it was right for her to have helped the Rutulians?
(a) She is spending an equal amount of time helping Aeneas.
(b) Other gods helped Aeneas by spiriting him to safety and turning his ships into nymphs.
(c) The Rutulians are fated to rule, and she is just helping them fulfill that fate.
(d) The Rutulians made all the right sacrifices to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jupiter tell Hercules is the labor of the brave, since human lifetimes are so short?
2. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
3. Who does Venus want to keep safe by removing him or her from the war between the Trojans and Latins?
4. How does Diomedes know Aeneas?
5. Why does Turnus think he can beat Aeneas in single combat?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)