|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Camilla compared to as she fights?
(a) A Fury.
(b) A Harpy.
(c) An Amazon.
2. Who slays Arruns?
3. Who kills Pallas?
4. How does Arruns kill Camilla?
(a) Accidentally, with a misplaced axe swing.
(b) He only wounds her.
(c) In hand-to-hand combat.
(d) With a thrown javelin.
5. What does Drancës call on Turnus to do?
(a) Surrender himself as Aeneas' prisoner.
(b) Pay Lavinia's ransom.
(c) Relinquish his claim to Lavinia and meet Aeneas in single combat.
(d) Go into exile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the feast the Arcadians are having celebrate?
2. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
3. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
4. What mission do Nisus and Euryalus take on?
5. What does Aeneas say is the only reason he came to Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some actions that demonstrate the strong friendship between Nisus and Euryalus?
2. What arguments does Sacës use to persuade Turnus to return to the fight?
3. Examine the advice and prophecy that Faunus gives his son Latinus. Rewrite in your own words what he is saying.
4. What might Evander mean when he says that it isn't empty-headed superstition that leads them to celebrate?
5. Who are the princes referred to in the book title, how do they die, and why might their deaths be particularly significant?
6. Under what conditions does Jupiter allow Juno to remove Turnus from the fight?
7. What does Jupiter mean when he says that to everyone (Trojan or Rutulian), he is the same king?
8. Describe Latinus' actions once he sees his people fighting with the Trojans.
9. Why would Aeneas' shield be covered with the deeds of his descendants?
10. Did Nisus and Euryalus act wisely when attempting to carry out their mission? Why or why not?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)