|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose funeral does Book VII open?
2. How does Lausus die?
(a) He takes his father's place in the fight against Aeneas.
(b) He is cut down by Pallas.
(c) He is struck down by the gods for blasphemy.
(d) He is killed trying to kill Ascanius.
3. How does Diomedes know Aeneas?
(a) He has heard tales from friends who traveled to Troy.
(b) Aeneas tracked him down to punish him for wounding Venus.
(c) Together, they stole the Palladium.
(d) They fought against each other in the Trojan War.
4. Who is Aeneas mourning at the beginning of Book XI?
5. At the beginning of Book XI, how does Turnus say he wants to settle the conflict?
(a) He wants to meet Aeneas in single combat.
(b) He pretends that he thinks that the Rutulians should surrender.
(c) He wants to meet with the Trojans and write a treaty.
(d) He wants to continue to fight until every last Trojan is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jupiter tell Hercules is the labor of the brave, since human lifetimes are so short?
2. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
3. Who appears to Aeneas in a dream to tell him where to find people willing to ally themselves with the Trojans against the Latins?
4. How does Juturna cause unrest in the ranks of the Rutulians?
5. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)