|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
(a) Marriage with a foreign bride.
(b) The death of Ascanius.
(c) Continued harassment from Juno.
(d) Vicious wars.
2. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
3. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
(b) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
(c) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
(d) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
4. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(b) He is resting peacefully.
(c) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(d) He is lamenting his fate.
5. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
(a) He wants revenge on those who ruined Troy.
(b) He wants his father brought back to life.
(c) He wants to settle peacefully in Latium.
(d) He wants help rebuilding the original Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
2. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
3. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
4. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
5. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some instances where Aeneas betrays a hastiness in temperament in Book 2?
2. Describe the Harpies.
3. What can you tell about how Aeneas is growing as a leader from his behavior at the funeral games?
4. Explain how Deïphobus died and why his body is mutilated.
5. Compare and contrast the Greeks with the Trojans in the affair of the wooden horse.
6. What fate does Laocoön meet and why?
7. What instances in Book V reveal how the Trojans feel about burying their dead?
8. How does Aeneas make sure that people notice his son Iulus?
9. How does talking to Anchises prepare Aeneas to go build a new city for the Trojans in Italy?
10. How does Aeneas demonstrate skill as a leader after the Trojans finally make it to shore?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)