|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
(a) Entellus makes Darës fall.
(b) He knocks him out with one solid blow.
(c) He ducks his punch and Entellus topples over.
(d) He has the advantage of using heavier gloves.
2. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
(b) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
(c) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
(d) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
3. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
(b) How his parents met and had hims
(c) The story of Eros and Psyche.
(d) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
4. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(b) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(c) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(d) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
5. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(b) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
(c) It is a sign of respect and morning.
(d) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
2. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
3. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
4. What is the job of the Sibyl?
5. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Neptune's feelings toward Troy and toward Aeneas? How do these feelings affect Aeneas' journey on the sea?
2. Why are Dido's suitors so angry when she takes up with Aeneas?
3. What does Jupiter predict will be the destiny of the Trojans?
4. How does Aeneas demonstrate skill as a leader after the Trojans finally make it to shore?
5. What message does Anchises give Aeneas in a dream?
6. How does Priam compare and contrast Achilles and Pyrrhus?
7. Which gods and goddesses are actually involved in the fall of Troy and what actions do they take?
8. Describe the Sibyl.
9. What can you tell about how Aeneas is growing as a leader from his behavior at the funeral games?
10. Explain how Deïphobus died and why his body is mutilated.
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)