|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(a) The sibyl of Cumae.
2. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(a) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(c) They will win the war against the Danaans.
(d) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
3. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
4. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(b) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(c) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(d) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
5. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It turns to gold.
(b) It becomes covered in filth.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It becomes theirs forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
2. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
3. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
4. How does Dido kill herself?
5. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aeneas fare as a leader in Book III? Support your answer with examples from the text.
2. What is the problem with Aeneas remaining in Carthage?
3. How will Aeneas start the line that turns into the rulers of the Roman Empire?
4. Why are Dido's suitors so angry when she takes up with Aeneas?
5. How does Anchises explain the process by which souls become reborn?
6. What does Jupiter predict will be the destiny of the Trojans?
7. What are Neptune's feelings toward Troy and toward Aeneas? How do these feelings affect Aeneas' journey on the sea?
8. Describe the state of construction in Carthage in Book 1.
9. What does Dido ask her people to do and what does she personally vow to do before she committed suicide?
10. How does Aeneas make sure that people notice his son Iulus?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)