|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On his back.
(b) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(c) In a wheeled cart.
(d) By pulling him along by the hand.
2. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
(a) He knocks him out with one solid blow.
(b) He has the advantage of using heavier gloves.
(c) Entellus makes Darës fall.
(d) He ducks his punch and Entellus topples over.
3. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(b) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(c) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(d) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
4. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
5. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
(b) They are fellow Trojans.
(c) He does not know who they are.
(d) He has heard tales of their great feats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
2. Who sends Iris to talk to the mourning Trojan women?
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. How does Dido kill herself?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the "marriage" between Dido and Aeneas.
2. Compare and contrast the Greeks with the Trojans in the affair of the wooden horse.
3. What is the problem with Aeneas remaining in Carthage?
4. Describe the state of construction in Carthage in Book 1.
5. What ties Aeneas and his people to the land to which they are headed to settle?
6. Why are Dido's suitors so angry when she takes up with Aeneas?
7. How does Aeneas make sure that people notice his son Iulus?
8. Describe the Harpies.
9. What message does Anchises give Aeneas in a dream?
10. What qualities of a good queen/leader does Dido exemplify? Cite specific examples from the book in your answer.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)