|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
(b) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(c) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
(d) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
2. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
(a) He refuses to compete himself.
(b) He cheers loudly for him.
(c) He trips Salius.
(d) He discourages others from entering the contest.
3. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
(b) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
(c) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(d) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
4. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
(a) Marriage with a foreign bride.
(b) Vicious wars.
(c) The death of Ascanius.
(d) Continued harassment from Juno.
5. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
(a) That she should have waited becauase he was coming back for her.
(b) That he can bring her back to life now.
(c) That he left her lands against his will.
(d) That he needs her help to find his father's ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
2. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
3. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
4. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
5. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aeneas demonstrate skill as a leader after the Trojans finally make it to shore?
2. What instances in Book V reveal how the Trojans feel about burying their dead?
3. What is the problem with Aeneas remaining in Carthage?
4. How does Aeneas make sure that people notice his son Iulus?
5. Describe the Harpies.
6. Why might the Trojan women have been tempted to set fire to the ships even without Juno and Iris befuddling them?
7. How does Priam compare and contrast Achilles and Pyrrhus?
8. How does Aeneas fare as a leader in Book III? Support your answer with examples from the text.
9. Why should Aeneas not have tried to found a city in Thrace?
10. What ties Aeneas and his people to the land to which they are headed to settle?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)