|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both laughter and tears.
(b) Both war and peace.
(c) Both fame and fortune.
(d) Both feast and famine.
2. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
3. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
(b) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
(c) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
(d) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
4. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
(a) They must petition the kind of the underworld to be reborn.
(b) They must drink from the water of Lethe to forget their memories.
(c) They must sneak past Charon.
(d) They must craft new bodies for themselves.
5. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A huge bronze shield.
(b) A magic cape.
(c) A leather mask.
(d) A cloud of mist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
2. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
3. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
4. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
5. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reversals of fate has Helenus faced?
2. Why should Aeneas not have tried to found a city in Thrace?
3. What does Jupiter predict will be the destiny of the Trojans?
4. How does talking to Anchises prepare Aeneas to go build a new city for the Trojans in Italy?
5. What ties Aeneas and his people to the land to which they are headed to settle?
6. Describe the "marriage" between Dido and Aeneas.
7. Where does Helenus say destiny and change come from?
8. Which gods and goddesses are actually involved in the fall of Troy and what actions do they take?
9. Once Aeneas is definitely leaving, what disagreeable options lay before Dido that make death seem the best choice?
10. What qualities of a good queen/leader does Dido exemplify? Cite specific examples from the book in your answer.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)