|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(b) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(c) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(d) Attacked and smothered by plants.
2. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(d) Caesar Augustus.
3. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
(a) They must petition the kind of the underworld to be reborn.
(b) They must craft new bodies for themselves.
(c) They must drink from the water of Lethe to forget their memories.
(d) They must sneak past Charon.
4. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
5. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A tongue of fire.
(c) A snake.
(d) A flash of lightning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
2. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
3. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
4. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
5. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ties Aeneas and his people to the land to which they are headed to settle?
2. Where does Helenus say destiny and change come from?
3. How does Aeneas feel about having to leave Dido and to what extent does he allow his feelings to influence his decision to leave her?
4. What fate does Laocoön meet and why?
5. Describe the Sibyl.
6. How does Priam compare and contrast Achilles and Pyrrhus?
7. What does Dido ask her people to do and what does she personally vow to do before she committed suicide?
8. What are some ways the characters in Book 2 are affected by fate?
9. How does Aeneas demonstrate skill as a leader after the Trojans finally make it to shore?
10. How does Aeneas make sure that people notice his son Iulus?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)