|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(b) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(c) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(d) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
2. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(d) The sibyl of Cumae.
3. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
(b) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(c) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
(d) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
4. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(b) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(c) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(d) To destroy the Trojans.
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(b) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(c) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(d) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
2. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
3. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
4. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
5. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Venus acts as a mother toward Aeneas.
2. What qualities of a good queen/leader does Dido exemplify? Cite specific examples from the book in your answer.
3. What message does Anchises give Aeneas in a dream?
4. How does Aeneas make sure that people notice his son Iulus?
5. Once Aeneas is definitely leaving, what disagreeable options lay before Dido that make death seem the best choice?
6. What are some ways the characters in Book 2 are affected by fate?
7. What are some instances where Aeneas betrays a hastiness in temperament in Book 2?
8. How does talking to Anchises prepare Aeneas to go build a new city for the Trojans in Italy?
9. What can you tell about how Aeneas is growing as a leader from his behavior at the funeral games?
10. Where does Helenus say destiny and change come from?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)