|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
(a) They must sneak past Charon.
(b) They must craft new bodies for themselves.
(c) They must petition the kind of the underworld to be reborn.
(d) They must drink from the water of Lethe to forget their memories.
2. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
3. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) On a boat at sea.
(b) In a cave.
(c) At the ruins of Troy.
(d) At the altar of Juno.
4. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
(c) In the River Styx.
(d) In the Blessed Groves.
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(b) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(c) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(d) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
2. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
3. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
4. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
5. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the Trojan women have been tempted to set fire to the ships even without Juno and Iris befuddling them?
2. How does Anchises explain the process by which souls become reborn?
3. Compare and contrast the Greeks with the Trojans in the affair of the wooden horse.
4. What does Dido ask her people to do and what does she personally vow to do before she committed suicide?
5. How does talking to Anchises prepare Aeneas to go build a new city for the Trojans in Italy?
6. Why are Dido's suitors so angry when she takes up with Aeneas?
7. Describe the state of construction in Carthage in Book 1.
8. Describe the "marriage" between Dido and Aeneas.
9. What message does Anchises give Aeneas in a dream?
10. What reversals of fate has Helenus faced?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)