|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(c) King Iarbas.
(d) Her favorite handmaiden.
2. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
(a) She is pledged to Diana.
(b) Her brother killed her last husband.
(c) She must wait until her sister Anna gets married first.
(d) She does not want any man taking over her kingdom.
3. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
4. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
5. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
(a) Dido persuades Aeneas to help her people build better ships.
(b) All construction of the city of Carthage stops.
(c) Dido presses herself against the couch where Aeneas sat.
(d) Dido keeps holding Ascanius on her lap because he looks like Aeneas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
2. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
3. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
4. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
5. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jupiter predict will be the destiny of the Trojans?
2. What fate does Laocoön meet and why?
3. Describe the state of construction in Carthage in Book 1.
4. Explain how Deïphobus died and why his body is mutilated.
5. Why is Juno so angry with the Trojans?
6. Describe the "marriage" between Dido and Aeneas.
7. How does Anchises explain the process by which souls become reborn?
8. What are some instances where Aeneas betrays a hastiness in temperament in Book 2?
9. What are some ways the characters in Book 2 are affected by fate?
10. What sorts of souls live under Cretan Rhadamanthus' rule?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)