|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
(a) He cheers loudly for him.
(b) He discourages others from entering the contest.
(c) He refuses to compete himself.
(d) He trips Salius.
2. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
3. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) On a boat at sea.
(b) At the altar of Juno.
(c) In a cave.
(d) At the ruins of Troy.
4. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(b) To destroy the Trojans.
(c) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(d) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
5. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
(a) She is pledged to Diana.
(b) She must wait until her sister Anna gets married first.
(c) Her brother killed her last husband.
(d) She does not want any man taking over her kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
2. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
3. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
4. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
5. What is Aetna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Juno so angry with the Trojans?
2. Describe how Venus acts as a mother toward Aeneas.
3. What ties Aeneas and his people to the land to which they are headed to settle?
4. What sorts of souls live under Cretan Rhadamanthus' rule?
5. What reversals of fate has Helenus faced?
6. Describe the "marriage" between Dido and Aeneas.
7. Describe the Sibyl.
8. How does Aeneas make sure that people notice his son Iulus?
9. Describe the Harpies.
10. How does talking to Anchises prepare Aeneas to go build a new city for the Trojans in Italy?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)