|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aetna?
(a) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(b) A huge waterfall.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A large river.
2. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
(a) He had a rule that no one could use them but him.
(b) They are unused.
(c) They are heavy and huge.
(d) He left them to his half-brother, Aeneas.
3. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
4. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
(a) Follow him to kill him.
(b) Marry a neighboring king to keep her lands safe.
(c) Haunt him as a spirit after she dies.
(d) Construct a temple in his honor.
5. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
(a) He wants Aeneas to help Dido build Carthage into the finest city in the world.
(b) For Aeneas to stop being distracted by Dido and her city and go build his own kingdom.
(c) He wants Aeneas to stop praying to him.
(d) He wants Aeneas to do the right thing and marry Dido properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
2. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
3. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
4. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
5. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aeneas make sure that people notice his son Iulus?
2. Describe the "marriage" between Dido and Aeneas.
3. How does Priam compare and contrast Achilles and Pyrrhus?
4. Where does Helenus say destiny and change come from?
5. Describe the state of construction in Carthage in Book 1.
6. What ties Aeneas and his people to the land to which they are headed to settle?
7. Describe how Venus acts as a mother toward Aeneas.
8. What sorts of souls live under Cretan Rhadamanthus' rule?
9. What can you tell about how Aeneas is growing as a leader from his behavior at the funeral games?
10. Which gods and goddesses are actually involved in the fall of Troy and what actions do they take?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)