|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) Death and betrayal.
(b) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(c) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
(d) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) For directions to Troy.
(b) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
(c) For permission to woo her.
(d) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
3. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(b) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(c) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(d) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
4. Who is Andromache's new husband?
5. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
2. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
3. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
4. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
5. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jupiter predict will be the destiny of the Trojans?
2. What message does Anchises give Aeneas in a dream?
3. What is the problem with Aeneas remaining in Carthage?
4. What ties Aeneas and his people to the land to which they are headed to settle?
5. Once Aeneas is definitely leaving, what disagreeable options lay before Dido that make death seem the best choice?
6. Under what conditions does Jupiter allow Juno to remove Turnus from the fight?
7. How does Jupiter ensure that Aeneas will win the combat with Turnus?
8. Describe the Harpies.
9. Explain how Deïphobus died and why his body is mutilated.
10. Why is Juno so angry with the Trojans?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)