|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
(a) He refuses to compete himself.
(b) He trips Salius.
(c) He cheers loudly for him.
(d) He discourages others from entering the contest.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
(a) It is Jupiter's will.
(b) Dido's lands are surrounded by hostile people.
(c) Their brother could find and attack them in the future.
(d) Dido should enjoy love and children.
3. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
(a) Construct a temple in his honor.
(b) Marry a neighboring king to keep her lands safe.
(c) Haunt him as a spirit after she dies.
(d) Follow him to kill him.
4. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
(b) For permission to woo her.
(c) For directions to Troy.
(d) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
5. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
(a) His prayers convince the harbor god to help him.
(b) He constructs the best boat.
(c) He capsizes the boats of his opponents.
(d) He has Aeneas help him.
6. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
(a) Entellus makes Darës fall.
(b) He has the advantage of using heavier gloves.
(c) He ducks his punch and Entellus topples over.
(d) He knocks him out with one solid blow.
7. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
(b) How his parents met and had hims
(c) The story of Eros and Psyche.
(d) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
8. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
(a) In the Blessed Groves.
(c) In the River Styx.
9. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
10. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) Her duty to help Aeneas.
(b) Her responsibilities as queen.
(c) The counsel of her sister.
(d) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
11. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(b) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(c) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(d) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
12. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(b) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
(c) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(d) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
13. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
(a) He will name his new city after Jupiter.
(b) He will honor his mother Venus more.
(c) He will make a sacrifice to Juno.
(d) He will build a temple to Phoebus and Diana of the Crossroads.
14. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(a) The sibyl of Cumae.
15. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(b) Her son, Cupid.
(c) A huntress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
2. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
3. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
4. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
5. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)