|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
2. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(b) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(c) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(d) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
3. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
(d) People who live near where his body washed up.
4. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(b) A map to the underworld.
(c) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
(d) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
5. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It becomes theirs forever.
(b) It turns to gold.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It becomes covered in filth.
6. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
7. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
8. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
(b) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
(c) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
(d) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
9. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
10. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) She has lost her integrity.
(b) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
(c) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(d) Her own people hate her.
11. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
(a) Scenes from the past history of Troy.
(b) Scenes of what his followers are doing at the present moment.
(c) Scenes of what the deities are doing in Olympus.
(d) Scenes of his future descendants in Italy.
12. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
(a) They must drink from the water of Lethe to forget their memories.
(b) They must craft new bodies for themselves.
(c) They must sneak past Charon.
(d) They must petition the kind of the underworld to be reborn.
13. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
(b) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(c) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
(d) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
14. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
15. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
(a) Jupiter commands him to welcome them.
(b) His mother was Trojan.
(c) He is secretly plotting against them.
(d) He empathizes with their sufferings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
2. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
3. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
4. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
5. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)