|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
(a) He refuses to compete himself.
(b) He trips Salius.
(c) He cheers loudly for him.
(d) He discourages others from entering the contest.
2. How does Nisus die?
(a) He is attacked by the Furies.
(b) He is struck down by Jupiter.
(c) He is ripped apart while Volcens' men are retrieving the booty he stole from the Rutulian camp.
(d) He is killed by Volcens' men while killing Volcens for killing Euryalus.
3. What does Aeneas promise to the Italians if he wins his fight with Turnus?
(a) He will let them continue to rule while the Trojans submit to everything they say.
(b) He will not subjugate the Italians, but rather both kingdoms will unite and live as equals.
(c) Having proven his point that he is the greatest, he will leave and found his city elsewhere.
(d) He will make the Italians the slaves of the Trojans.
4. Who does Venus want to keep safe by removing him or her from the war between the Trojans and Latins?
5. How does Diomedes know Aeneas?
(a) Aeneas tracked him down to punish him for wounding Venus.
(b) Together, they stole the Palladium.
(c) They fought against each other in the Trojan War.
(d) He has heard tales from friends who traveled to Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Evander, unaware, is the founder of which of the following?
2. To what does Aeneas attribute Darës' inability to beat Entellus?
3. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
4. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
5. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)