|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
(a) Paris taking Helen.
(b) The death of Anchises.
(c) Leaving Dido's city.
(d) The fall of Troy.
2. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(b) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
(c) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
(d) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
3. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
(a) They bind their feet up in cloth to move silently.
(b) They slaughter sleeping warriors.
(c) They make note of how many soldiers are there.
(d) They call on Venus to protect them.
4. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) How his parents met and had hims
(b) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
(c) The story of Eros and Psyche.
(d) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
5. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
(b) She does not think their love will last.
(c) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
(d) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
2. Who appears to Aeneas in a dream to tell him where to find people willing to ally themselves with the Trojans against the Latins?
3. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
4. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
5. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)