|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fills Tarchon with anger so that he will fight and lead his warriors better?
2. Who kills Pallas?
3. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
(b) Euryalus' mother.
(d) Euryalus' sister.
4. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(b) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(c) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(d) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
5. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(b) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(c) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(d) He wants to save her from her fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
2. Who is sent by Juno to Turnus at the beginning of Book IX to tell him now is the time to attack the Trojans?
3. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
4. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
5. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)