|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andromache's new husband?
2. What does Venus use to convince her husband Vulcan to make armor for Aeneas?
(b) The flame of love.
(c) Threats of Jupiter's anger.
(d) Cool reason.
3. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) Another flock of Harpies.
(b) A group of sirens.
(c) A herd of Cyclops.
(d) The wrath of Juno.
4. What does Aeneas say is the only reason he came to Italy?
(a) Because he was fleeing the Greeks.
(b) Because fate gave him this land for settlement.
(c) Because he was invited by King Latinus.
(d) Because he promised to aid Evander and the Arcadians.
5. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
(a) Scenes of his future descendants in Italy.
(b) Scenes of what the deities are doing in Olympus.
(c) Scenes of what his followers are doing at the present moment.
(d) Scenes from the past history of Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aeneas trust he can approach Evander safely as a supplicant?
2. How does Turnus' acceptance of the challenge to fight in single combat make Aeneas feel?
3. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
4. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
5. Who is sent by Juno to Turnus at the beginning of Book IX to tell him now is the time to attack the Trojans?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)