|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
(a) He wants his father brought back to life.
(b) He wants revenge on those who ruined Troy.
(c) He wants to settle peacefully in Latium.
(d) He wants help rebuilding the original Troy.
2. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
(a) That she should have waited becauase he was coming back for her.
(b) That he needs her help to find his father's ghost.
(c) That he left her lands against his will.
(d) That he can bring her back to life now.
3. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
(a) They slaughter sleeping warriors.
(b) They bind their feet up in cloth to move silently.
(c) They make note of how many soldiers are there.
(d) They call on Venus to protect them.
4. What is Aetna?
(a) A large river.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A huge waterfall.
(d) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
5. When Dido sees Aeneas' men readying their ships to sail, for what does she plead?
(a) That they sabotage the ships to keep Aeneas in Carthage.
(b) For them to leave plans with her people for how to build such wonderful ships.
(c) That they take her sister Anna with them as a guide.
(d) For Aeneas to wait to sail until the weather is better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andromache's new husband?
2. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
3. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
4. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
5. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)