|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
(a) That he can bring her back to life now.
(b) That he left her lands against his will.
(c) That she should have waited becauase he was coming back for her.
(d) That he needs her help to find his father's ghost.
2. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
(a) Euryalus' mother.
(c) Euryalus' sister.
3. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
(a) He had a rule that no one could use them but him.
(b) They are heavy and huge.
(c) He left them to his half-brother, Aeneas.
(d) They are unused.
4. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
5. What had Jupiter forbidden to happen?
(a) Lavinia and Aeneas to marry.
(b) Italy and the Trojans to go to war with each other.
(c) Aeneas to ally with the Arcadians.
(d) The Trojans to hole up in their camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false portent does Juturna send the Rutulians?
2. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
3. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
4. What problem does Turnus face when he tries to attack the Trojan camp?
5. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)