|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
(a) He is secretly plotting against them.
(b) He empathizes with their sufferings.
(c) His mother was Trojan.
(d) Jupiter commands him to welcome them.
2. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
(a) She blames him for the unfair advantage of his new armor.
(b) She blames him for leaving camp in charge of Ascanius.
(c) She blames him for relying on Venus' help.
(d) She blames him for trying to abduct Lavinia.
3. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
4. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
(a) A ship race.
(b) A foot race.
(c) Javelin and archery contests.
(d) A chariot race.
5. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(b) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
(c) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
(d) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aeneas lose his temper and kill Turnus instead of showing mercy?
2. What does Drancës call on Turnus to do?
3. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
4. What does Jupiter tell Hercules is the labor of the brave, since human lifetimes are so short?
5. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)