|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
(b) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(c) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
(d) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
2. Who is Aeneas mourning at the beginning of Book XI?
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
(a) A rainbow appears in the sky.
(b) It begins to rain.
(c) His arrow makes a trail of flame and burns away to nothing.
(d) There is a flash of lightning followed by a clap of thunder.
5. What do seers say it means when Lavinia's hair glows with divine fire?
(a) That she be taken up to Olympus to wed a god.
(b) That she is destined to become the next Sibyl.
(c) That she will be famous and receive glory, but also bring war on her people.
(d) That she will die by fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andromache's new husband?
2. What favor does Aeneas generously grant the Latin petition?
3. How does Diomedes know Aeneas?
4. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
5. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)