|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(b) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
(c) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
(d) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
2. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
(b) It is a sign of respect and morning.
(c) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(d) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
3. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
(b) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(c) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
(d) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
4. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(b) the Furies.
(c) Ulysses and his crewmen.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the examples that Venus lists of ways that Juno ignored Jupiter's will and tried to form new destinies for men?
(a) She used Iris as a helper.
(b) She asked Vulcan to craft a special shield.
(c) She caused the women to burn the Trojans' ships on Eryx's shore.
(d) She used Allecto to stir up a frenzy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
2. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
3. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
4. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
5. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)