|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arruns kill Camilla?
(a) In hand-to-hand combat.
(b) With a thrown javelin.
(c) Accidentally, with a misplaced axe swing.
(d) He only wounds her.
2. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
(c) People who live near where his body washed up.
3. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(b) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(c) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(d) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
4. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
(a) He wants revenge on those who ruined Troy.
(b) He wants to settle peacefully in Latium.
(c) He wants help rebuilding the original Troy.
(d) He wants his father brought back to life.
5. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
(a) Scenes from the siege of Troy.
(b) The acts that will make his descendants famous.
(c) Maps of Latium.
(d) Scenes of the gods and goddesses seated peacefully in Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Camilla compared to as she fights?
2. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
3. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
4. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
5. How did Polydorus die?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)