|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
(a) To help him describe the goddess Circe.
(b) To help him talk about how Aeneas still mourned for Dido.
(c) To help him retell the history of the early kings of Latium.
(d) To help him woo the goddess Venus.
2. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
(a) Jupiter tells her.
(b) Juno tells her.
(c) Rumor tells her.
(d) Aeneas tells her.
3. What does Aeneas say is the only reason he came to Italy?
(a) Because he was fleeing the Greeks.
(b) Because he promised to aid Evander and the Arcadians.
(c) Because fate gave him this land for settlement.
(d) Because he was invited by King Latinus.
4. What does the goddess Circe do to those she enchants?
(a) She leads them to the underworld.
(b) She makes them immortal.
(c) She sings to lure them into the water, where they drown.
(d) She turns them into beasts.
5. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is resting peacefully.
(b) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(c) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(d) He is lamenting his fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
2. What portent announces the arrival of Venus with Aeneas' new armor?
3. Who does Aeneas convince to pledge to fight with him?
4. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
5. Who blinded Polyphemus?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)