|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(b) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(c) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
(d) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
2. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
(a) He knocks him out with one solid blow.
(b) Entellus makes Darës fall.
(c) He ducks his punch and Entellus topples over.
(d) He has the advantage of using heavier gloves.
3. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(b) Ulysses and his crewmen.
(c) the Furies.
4. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
(b) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
(c) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
(d) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
5. Who sends Iris to talk to the mourning Trojan women?
(a) Dido's ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas say will happen to the Trojans if he loses his fight with Turnus?
2. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
4. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
5. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)