|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
(b) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
(d) King Priam's sword and shield.
2. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
(a) She blames him for trying to abduct Lavinia.
(b) She blames him for the unfair advantage of his new armor.
(c) She blames him for leaving camp in charge of Ascanius.
(d) She blames him for relying on Venus' help.
3. Who does Venus want to keep safe by removing him or her from the war between the Trojans and Latins?
4. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
(a) He will name his new city after Jupiter.
(b) He will make a sacrifice to Juno.
(c) He will build a temple to Phoebus and Diana of the Crossroads.
(d) He will honor his mother Venus more.
5. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
(b) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
(c) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(d) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blinded Polyphemus?
2. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
3. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
4. How did Polydorus die?
5. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)