|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
(a) He wants to settle peacefully in Latium.
(b) He wants revenge on those who ruined Troy.
(c) He wants his father brought back to life.
(d) He wants help rebuilding the original Troy.
2. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(b) To destroy the Trojans.
(c) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(d) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
3. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
(b) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
(c) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(d) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
4. Which of the following is not one of the ways Juno suggests Juturna try to save Turnus?
(a) To get the two sides to break the pact.
(b) To start the war again.
(c) To convince Jupiter to intervene.
(d) To snatch him back from death.
5. What does Drancës call on Turnus to do?
(a) Relinquish his claim to Lavinia and meet Aeneas in single combat.
(b) Surrender himself as Aeneas' prisoner.
(c) Go into exile.
(d) Pay Lavinia's ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
2. Who slays Arruns?
3. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
4. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
5. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)