|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
3. What does Ilioneus ask for from King Latinus?
(a) Soldiers and weapons to seek revenge on the Greeks.
(b) A modest piece of land on the coast where the Trojans can settle.
(c) Food and supplies to send to the Trojans left behind with Acestës.
(d) Lumber and sails to repair their ships.
4. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
(b) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
(c) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
(d) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
5. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) At the altar of Juno.
(b) On a boat at sea.
(c) At the ruins of Troy.
(d) In a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
2. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
3. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
4. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
5. How is Aeneas healed in Book XII after war breaks out again and he is injured?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)