|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
(a) She falls to her knees and pleads with him to take her away with him.
(b) She reenacts her suicide.
(c) She flees from him and returns to her first husband, Sychaeus.
(d) She smiles and tells him all is forgiven.
2. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is lamenting his fate.
(b) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(c) He is resting peacefully.
(d) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
3. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
(a) Scenes of the gods and goddesses seated peacefully in Olympus.
(b) Maps of Latium.
(c) The acts that will make his descendants famous.
(d) Scenes from the siege of Troy.
4. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
(a) The Sibyl.
(b) The golden bough.
(c) Charon's boat.
(d) The river Styx.
5. At the beginning of Book XI, how does Turnus say he wants to settle the conflict?
(a) He wants to meet with the Trojans and write a treaty.
(b) He wants to continue to fight until every last Trojan is dead.
(c) He wants to meet Aeneas in single combat.
(d) He pretends that he thinks that the Rutulians should surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juturna cause unrest in the ranks of the Rutulians?
2. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
3. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
4. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
5. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)