|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The Etruscans.
(c) The Rutulians.
(d) The Ithacans.
2. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) The wrath of Juno.
(b) A herd of Cyclops.
(c) A group of sirens.
(d) Another flock of Harpies.
3. How does Dido kill herself?
(a) By drowning.
(b) With a lion bite.
(c) With a sword.
(d) With poison.
4. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(a) Her favorite handmaiden.
(c) King Iarbas.
5. Which monsters help Vulcan in his forge?
(b) Scylla and Charybdis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
2. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
3. How does Juturna cause unrest in the ranks of the Rutulians?
4. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
5. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)