|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) Another flock of Harpies.
(b) A group of sirens.
(c) A herd of Cyclops.
(d) The wrath of Juno.
2. What does Ilioneus ask for from King Latinus?
(a) Food and supplies to send to the Trojans left behind with Acestës.
(b) A modest piece of land on the coast where the Trojans can settle.
(c) Lumber and sails to repair their ships.
(d) Soldiers and weapons to seek revenge on the Greeks.
3. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
(b) She does not think their love will last.
(c) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
(d) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
4. To which goddess is Camilla dedicated?
5. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
(a) Allecto directing their attention to him.
(b) The gleam of his helmet in the moonlight.
(c) The noise of the clanking of the booty he has taken from Turnus' camp.
(d) A snapping twig under his feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
2. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
3. What does Jupiter promise Juno about the Latin folk?
4. Who tells Aeneas that Ascanius and the Trojans are under siege?
5. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)