|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) They were visited by Mercury.
(c) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(d) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
2. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
(a) Venus must sail with them.
(b) Aeneas must promise not to go to Italy.
(c) Aeneas must find and give a pair of perfect horses to Neptune.
(d) One life must be sacrificed.
3. Who is Aeneas told will be willing to fight with him against the Latins?
(a) King Latinus and his Latins.
(b) Turnus and his Etruscans.
(d) King Evander and his Arcadians.
4. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
(a) He constructs the best boat.
(b) He capsizes the boats of his opponents.
(c) He has Aeneas help him.
(d) His prayers convince the harbor god to help him.
5. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
2. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
5. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)