|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
(a) That there will be a good harvest that year.
(b) That the tree must be cut down or Latium will fall.
(c) That a special stranger will come with a body of men to take Latinus' fortress.
(d) That Latinus and his subjects must band together against strangers.
2. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(b) He is resting peacefully.
(c) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(d) He is lamenting his fate.
3. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
4. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
5. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(b) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(c) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(d) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Latinus welcome the Trojans to Latinum?
2. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
3. How does Lausus die?
4. How does Nisus die?
5. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)