|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
(a) Dido's lands are surrounded by hostile people.
(b) Dido should enjoy love and children.
(c) Their brother could find and attack them in the future.
(d) It is Jupiter's will.
2. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) Her responsibilities as queen.
(b) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(c) The counsel of her sister.
(d) Her duty to help Aeneas.
3. What problem does Turnus face when he tries to attack the Trojan camp?
(a) He can't locate the camp because the Trojans have moved it.
(b) He is vastly outnumbered by the Trojan fighters.
(c) King Latinus interferes and stops him.
(d) The Trojans hole up in their camp and won't come out.
4. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
5. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) Her own people hate her.
(b) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(c) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
(d) She has lost her integrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
2. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
3. What does the goddess Circe do to those she enchants?
4. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
5. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)