|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which monsters help Vulcan in his forge?
(a) Scylla and Charybdis.
2. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
(a) He cheers loudly for him.
(b) He discourages others from entering the contest.
(c) He trips Salius.
(d) He refuses to compete himself.
3. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
(a) A new boat.
(b) sturdy shoes.
(c) A shield.
(d) A vial of precious oil.
4. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
(a) Maps of Latium.
(b) The acts that will make his descendants famous.
(c) Scenes of the gods and goddesses seated peacefully in Olympus.
(d) Scenes from the siege of Troy.
5. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(b) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(c) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(d) Attacked and smothered by plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aeneas convince to pledge to fight with him?
2. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
3. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
4. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
5. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)