|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the examples that Venus lists of ways that Juno ignored Jupiter's will and tried to form new destinies for men?
(a) She used Allecto to stir up a frenzy.
(b) She used Iris as a helper.
(c) She caused the women to burn the Trojans' ships on Eryx's shore.
(d) She asked Vulcan to craft a special shield.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Vulcan and the Cyclops crafted?
(a) An aegis for Pallas.
(b) A helmet for Apollo.
(c) A chariot for Mars.
(d) A lightning bolt for Jupiter.
3. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
(a) She blames him for the unfair advantage of his new armor.
(b) She blames him for leaving camp in charge of Ascanius.
(c) She blames him for trying to abduct Lavinia.
(d) She blames him for relying on Venus' help.
4. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
5. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(b) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(c) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(d) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
2. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
3. Why does Palinurus fall overboard?
4. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
5. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)