|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Book V, why is the city behind Aeneas' departing ships bright?
(a) Dido's pyre is burning.
(b) Dido has lit all the torches to light him on his journey.
(c) The gods are shedding light on it to bless it.
(d) DIdo is burning a dummy figure of Aeneas in revenge.
2. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) Another flock of Harpies.
(b) A group of sirens.
(c) The wrath of Juno.
(d) A herd of Cyclops.
3. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(b) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(c) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(d) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the examples that Venus lists of ways that Juno ignored Jupiter's will and tried to form new destinies for men?
(a) She used Iris as a helper.
(b) She used Allecto to stir up a frenzy.
(c) She caused the women to burn the Trojans' ships on Eryx's shore.
(d) She asked Vulcan to craft a special shield.
5. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Vulcan and the Cyclops crafted?
2. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
3. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
4. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
5. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)