|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
(a) He shoots Remulus through the head with an arrow.
(b) He fights Turnus with an ax.
(c) He uses his shield to protect another soldier from a rain of arrows.
(d) He cuts down with his sword a Rutulian trying to climb into the Trojan camp.
2. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(b) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(c) A tongue of flame on his head.
(d) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
3. What mission do Nisus and Euryalus take on?
(a) They intend to go plead with King Latinus to stop the siege.
(b) They intend to find reinforcements.
(c) They intend to go find Aeneas and tell him about the siege.
(d) They intend to abduct Lavinia and bring her back to the Trojan camp.
4. Who does Venus want to keep safe by removing him or her from the war between the Trojans and Latins?
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(b) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(c) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(d) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nisus die?
2. Who tells Aeneas that Ascanius and the Trojans are under siege?
3. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
4. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
5. What does Jupiter tell Hercules is the labor of the brave, since human lifetimes are so short?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)