|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
(a) sturdy shoes.
(b) A shield.
(c) A vial of precious oil.
(d) A new boat.
2. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
(a) They are hidden from view in mist by Venus.
(b) At the command of the mother of the gods, Jupiter turns the ships into sea-goddesses and sets them free.
(c) At the request of Venus, Jupiter causes it to rain and put the fire out.
(d) They go up in ashes, trapping the Trojans in Italy.
3. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
4. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
(b) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(c) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
(d) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
5. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
(a) They bind their feet up in cloth to move silently.
(b) They call on Venus to protect them.
(c) They make note of how many soldiers are there.
(d) They slaughter sleeping warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
2. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
3. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
4. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)