|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is lamenting his fate.
(b) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(c) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(d) He is resting peacefully.
2. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
(a) He was left behind to spy on the Trojans.
(b) He escaped before the Danaans could sacrifice him in exchange for good winds home.
(c) He has been sent to the Trojans as an ambassador of peace.
(d) He snuck away because he wants to help the Trojans beat the Danaans.
3. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
(a) Trojan soldiers insult Lavinia.
(b) Iulus hunted and shot a deer he didn't know was a favored pet.
(c) A snake startles them and a soldier striking at it causes everyone to start fighting.
(d) Aeneas does not show proper reverence to King Latinus' laurel tree.
4. How does Lausus die?
(a) He is cut down by Pallas.
(b) He takes his father's place in the fight against Aeneas.
(c) He is killed trying to kill Ascanius.
(d) He is struck down by the gods for blasphemy.
5. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(b) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(c) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(d) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
2. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
3. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
4. How does King Latinus welcome the Trojans to Latinum?
5. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)