|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(a) Her favorite handmaiden.
(b) King Iarbas.
2. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(b) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
(c) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(d) They will win the war against the Danaans.
3. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(b) The sibyl of Cumae.
4. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(b) For his best toga and shield.
(c) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(d) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
5. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
(a) That he needs her help to find his father's ghost.
(b) That he left her lands against his will.
(c) That she should have waited becauase he was coming back for her.
(d) That he can bring her back to life now.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
2. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
3. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
4. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
5. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)