|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
(a) It is Jupiter's will.
(b) Their brother could find and attack them in the future.
(c) Dido's lands are surrounded by hostile people.
(d) Dido should enjoy love and children.
2. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(b) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(c) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(d) To destroy the Trojans.
3. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
(b) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
(c) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(d) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
4. Who is Andromache's new husband?
5. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
(a) That the tree must be cut down or Latium will fall.
(b) That a special stranger will come with a body of men to take Latinus' fortress.
(c) That there will be a good harvest that year.
(d) That Latinus and his subjects must band together against strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
2. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
3. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
4. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
5. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)