|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Juno's arguments for why it was right for her to have helped the Rutulians?
(a) The Rutulians made all the right sacrifices to her.
(b) Other gods helped Aeneas by spiriting him to safety and turning his ships into nymphs.
(c) She is spending an equal amount of time helping Aeneas.
(d) The Rutulians are fated to rule, and she is just helping them fulfill that fate.
2. What does the goddess Circe do to those she enchants?
(a) She makes them immortal.
(b) She leads them to the underworld.
(c) She sings to lure them into the water, where they drown.
(d) She turns them into beasts.
3. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
(a) The Rutulians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Etruscans.
(d) The Ithacans.
4. Who tells Aeneas that Ascanius and the Trojans are under siege?
(b) The ghost of Nisus.
(c) The sea nymphs that were once his ships.
(d) The ghost of Euryalus.
5. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
(a) Trojan soldiers insult Lavinia.
(b) A snake startles them and a soldier striking at it causes everyone to start fighting.
(c) Aeneas does not show proper reverence to King Latinus' laurel tree.
(d) Iulus hunted and shot a deer he didn't know was a favored pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
2. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
3. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
4. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
5. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)