|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
(b) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
(c) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
(d) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
2. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
3. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
(a) He cuts down with his sword a Rutulian trying to climb into the Trojan camp.
(b) He fights Turnus with an ax.
(c) He shoots Remulus through the head with an arrow.
(d) He uses his shield to protect another soldier from a rain of arrows.
4. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(c) Her favorite handmaiden.
(d) King Iarbas.
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) A herd of Cyclops.
(b) The wrath of Juno.
(c) Another flock of Harpies.
(d) A group of sirens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
2. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
3. Who does Venus want to keep safe by removing him or her from the war between the Trojans and Latins?
4. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
5. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)