|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
(a) Leaving Dido's city.
(b) The death of Anchises.
(c) Paris taking Helen.
(d) The fall of Troy.
2. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
3. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
(a) The gleam of his helmet in the moonlight.
(b) Allecto directing their attention to him.
(c) The noise of the clanking of the booty he has taken from Turnus' camp.
(d) A snapping twig under his feet.
4. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
5. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
(b) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
(c) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
(d) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
2. How did Polydorus die?
3. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
4. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
5. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)