|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose funeral does Book VII open?
2. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
3. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She does not think their love will last.
(b) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
(c) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
(d) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
4. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(b) A map to the underworld.
(c) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
(d) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the examples that Venus lists of ways that Juno ignored Jupiter's will and tried to form new destinies for men?
(a) She caused the women to burn the Trojans' ships on Eryx's shore.
(b) She used Iris as a helper.
(c) She used Allecto to stir up a frenzy.
(d) She asked Vulcan to craft a special shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
2. Evander, unaware, is the founder of which of the following?
3. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
4. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
5. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)