|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
(b) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(c) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(d) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
2. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
(a) She blames him for leaving camp in charge of Ascanius.
(b) She blames him for trying to abduct Lavinia.
(c) She blames him for relying on Venus' help.
(d) She blames him for the unfair advantage of his new armor.
3. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
(a) The noise of the clanking of the booty he has taken from Turnus' camp.
(b) Allecto directing their attention to him.
(c) A snapping twig under his feet.
(d) The gleam of his helmet in the moonlight.
4. What does the goddess Circe do to those she enchants?
(a) She turns them into beasts.
(b) She leads them to the underworld.
(c) She sings to lure them into the water, where they drown.
(d) She makes them immortal.
5. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(b) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
(c) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
(d) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
2. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
3. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
4. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
5. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)