|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(b) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(c) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(d) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
2. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
(a) Allecto directing their attention to him.
(b) The gleam of his helmet in the moonlight.
(c) The noise of the clanking of the booty he has taken from Turnus' camp.
(d) A snapping twig under his feet.
3. What problem does Turnus face when he tries to attack the Trojan camp?
(a) The Trojans hole up in their camp and won't come out.
(b) He can't locate the camp because the Trojans have moved it.
(c) He is vastly outnumbered by the Trojan fighters.
(d) King Latinus interferes and stops him.
4. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
5. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
(a) He shoots Remulus through the head with an arrow.
(b) He uses his shield to protect another soldier from a rain of arrows.
(c) He cuts down with his sword a Rutulian trying to climb into the Trojan camp.
(d) He fights Turnus with an ax.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
2. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
3. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
4. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
5. Why does Juno craft a phantom Aeneas and lure Turnus onto a departing boat?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)