|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
(a) A ship race.
(b) A foot race.
(c) A chariot race.
(d) Javelin and archery contests.
2. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
3. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
(a) He fights Turnus with an ax.
(b) He cuts down with his sword a Rutulian trying to climb into the Trojan camp.
(c) He shoots Remulus through the head with an arrow.
(d) He uses his shield to protect another soldier from a rain of arrows.
4. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) They only have enough food to make it that far.
(b) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
(c) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(d) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
5. What does Venus use to convince her husband Vulcan to make armor for Aeneas?
(a) The flame of love.
(b) Cool reason.
(c) Threats of Jupiter's anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Aeneas attribute Darës' inability to beat Entellus?
2. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
3. Who does Venus want to keep safe by removing him or her from the war between the Trojans and Latins?
4. What does Virgil do to prepare to talk about the warfare between the Trojans and the Rutulians?
5. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)