|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) They were visited by Mercury.
(c) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(d) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
2. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to save her from her fate.
(b) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(c) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(d) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
3. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) The counsel of her sister.
(b) Her responsibilities as queen.
(c) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(d) Her duty to help Aeneas.
4. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
5. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
(b) King Priam's sword and shield.
(c) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
(d) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
2. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
3. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
4. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
5. What is Aetna?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)