|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(b) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(c) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(d) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
2. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(b) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(c) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(d) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
3. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A huge bronze shield.
(b) A leather mask.
(c) A cloud of mist.
(d) A magic cape.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To head for the shoreline to the west.
(b) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(c) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(d) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
5. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both feast and famine.
(b) Both laughter and tears.
(c) Both fame and fortune.
(d) Both war and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
2. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
3. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
4. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
5. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)