|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aetna?
(a) A huge waterfall.
(b) A large river.
(c) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(d) A volcano.
2. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
(b) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(c) A map to the underworld.
(d) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
3. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
4. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
5. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(b) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(c) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(d) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
2. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
3. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
4. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)