|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(b) Her duty to help Aeneas.
(c) The counsel of her sister.
(d) Her responsibilities as queen.
2. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(b) For his best toga and shield.
(c) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(d) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
3. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
4. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both war and peace.
(b) Both laughter and tears.
(c) Both fame and fortune.
(d) Both feast and famine.
5. Who is Andromache's new husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
2. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
5. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)