|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(b) In a wheeled cart.
(c) By pulling him along by the hand.
(d) On his back.
2. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
3. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
(b) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(c) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
(d) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
4. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
(b) King Priam's sword and shield.
(c) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
(d) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
5. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(b) To destroy the Trojans.
(c) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(d) To win a bet with Jupiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
2. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
3. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
4. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
5. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)