|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aetna?
(a) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(b) A huge waterfall.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A large river.
2. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(b) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(c) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(d) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
3. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It turns to gold.
(c) It becomes covered in filth.
(d) It becomes theirs forever.
4. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(b) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(c) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(d) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
5. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(b) A huntress.
(d) Her son, Cupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Polydorus die?
2. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
3. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
4. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
5. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)