|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(b) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(c) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(d) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
2. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(a) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(c) They will win the war against the Danaans.
(d) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
3. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(b) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(c) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(d) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
4. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both war and peace.
(b) Both fame and fortune.
(c) Both laughter and tears.
(d) Both feast and famine.
5. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On his back.
(b) By pulling him along by the hand.
(c) In a wheeled cart.
(d) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
2. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
3. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
4. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)