|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(b) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(c) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(d) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
2. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(b) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(c) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(d) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
3. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) A group of sirens.
(b) Another flock of Harpies.
(c) The wrath of Juno.
(d) A herd of Cyclops.
4. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(b) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(c) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(d) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
5. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(d) The sibyl of Cumae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aetna?
2. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
3. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
4. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
5. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)