|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
2. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(b) They were visited by Mercury.
(c) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(d) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(b) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(c) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(d) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
4. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A cloud of mist.
(b) A huge bronze shield.
(c) A leather mask.
(d) A magic cape.
5. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(b) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(c) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
(d) They will win the war against the Danaans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
2. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
3. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
4. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)