|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(b) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(c) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(d) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(b) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(c) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(d) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
3. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(a) The sibyl of Cumae.
4. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(b) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(c) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(d) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
5. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) Her responsibilities as queen.
(b) Her duty to help Aeneas.
(c) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(d) The counsel of her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
3. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
4. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
5. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)