|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(b) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(c) To head for the shoreline to the west.
(d) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
2. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) In a wheeled cart.
(b) On his back.
(c) By pulling him along by the hand.
(d) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
3. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He takes away Priam's sword.
(b) He murders Priam's son.
(c) He sets fire to a holy altar.
(d) He claims to be Priam's son.
4. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(a) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(b) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
(c) They will win the war against the Danaans.
5. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(c) Ulysses and his crewmen.
(d) the Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
2. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
3. What is Aetna?
4. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
5. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)