|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(b) For permission to woo her.
(c) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
(d) For directions to Troy.
2. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(b) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(c) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(d) Attacked and smothered by plants.
3. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
(b) They are fellow Trojans.
(c) He has heard tales of their great feats.
(d) He does not know who they are.
4. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
(b) The story of Eros and Psyche.
(c) How his parents met and had hims
(d) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
5. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(b) For his best toga and shield.
(c) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(d) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
2. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
3. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
4. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
5. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)