|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A magic cape.
(b) A leather mask.
(c) A huge bronze shield.
(d) A cloud of mist.
2. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It becomes covered in filth.
(b) It turns to gold.
(c) It becomes theirs forever.
(d) It disappears.
3. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(b) His wife, Creusa.
(c) His mother, Venus.
(d) His dead king Priam's body.
4. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(d) The sibyl of Cumae.
5. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) The harsh will of the gods.
(b) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(c) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(d) Priam for being too proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
2. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
4. What is Aetna?
5. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)