|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It becomes covered in filth.
(c) It becomes theirs forever.
(d) It turns to gold.
2. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A cloud of mist.
(b) A magic cape.
(c) A leather mask.
(d) A huge bronze shield.
3. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His wife, Creusa.
(b) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(c) His dead king Priam's body.
(d) His mother, Venus.
4. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(b) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(c) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(d) A tongue of flame on his head.
5. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) By pulling him along by the hand.
(b) On his back.
(c) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(d) In a wheeled cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
2. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
4. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
5. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)