|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(d) The sibyl of Cumae.
2. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(b) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(c) They were visited by Mercury.
(d) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
3. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
4. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
5. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
(b) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
(d) King Priam's sword and shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
2. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
3. Who is Andromache's new husband?
4. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)