|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
2. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On his back.
(b) In a wheeled cart.
(c) By pulling him along by the hand.
(d) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(b) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(c) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(d) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
4. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
(a) Blood flows from the plant.
(b) Lightning flashes in the sky.
(c) Fire surrounds his head.
(d) Jupiter's voice thunders above.
5. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aetna?
2. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
3. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
4. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
5. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)