|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(b) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(c) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(d) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
2. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(b) To destroy the Trojans.
(c) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(d) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(c) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(d) They were visited by Mercury.
4. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
5. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A huge bronze shield.
(b) A leather mask.
(c) A magic cape.
(d) A cloud of mist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
2. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
3. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
4. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
5. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)