|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
2. Who is Andromache's new husband?
3. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(b) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(c) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(d) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
4. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(b) Her responsibilities as queen.
(c) The counsel of her sister.
(d) Her duty to help Aeneas.
5. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(b) They only have enough food to make it that far.
(c) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
(d) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
2. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
3. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
4. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
5. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)