|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(b) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
(c) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
(d) For the strength to stand up and run.
2. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A tongue of flame on his head.
(b) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(c) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(d) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
3. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(b) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(c) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(d) Sickened by a terrible plague.
4. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
(b) They only have enough food to make it that far.
(c) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(d) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
5. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
2. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
3. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
4. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
5. What is Aetna?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)