|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(b) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(c) To head for the shoreline to the west.
(d) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
2. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(b) A tongue of flame on his head.
(c) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(d) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(b) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(c) They were visited by Mercury.
(d) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
4. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to save her from her fate.
(b) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(c) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(d) He feels pity for her circumstances.
5. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both war and peace.
(b) Both feast and famine.
(c) Both laughter and tears.
(d) Both fame and fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
3. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
4. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
5. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)