|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(b) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(c) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(d) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
2. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(b) A huntress.
(c) Her son, Cupid.
3. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(b) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(c) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(d) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
4. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(b) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(c) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(d) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
5. Who is Andromache's new husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
2. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
3. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
4. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
5. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)