|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
2. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(c) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(d) They were visited by Mercury.
3. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(b) They only have enough food to make it that far.
(c) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
(d) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
4. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
5. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A magic cape.
(b) A leather mask.
(c) A cloud of mist.
(d) A huge bronze shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
2. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
4. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)