|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(b) To destroy the Trojans.
(c) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(d) To win a bet with Jupiter.
2. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(a) the Furies.
(b) Ulysses and his crewmen.
3. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
4. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(b) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(c) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(d) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
5. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(b) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(c) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(d) A tongue of flame on his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
2. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
5. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)