Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
(b) She does not think their love will last.
(c) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
(d) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
2. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His wife, Creusa.
(b) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(c) His mother, Venus.
(d) His dead king Priam's body.
3. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
(a) For Aeneas to stop being distracted by Dido and her city and go build his own kingdom.
(b) He wants Aeneas to do the right thing and marry Dido properly.
(c) He wants Aeneas to stop praying to him.
(d) He wants Aeneas to help Dido build Carthage into the finest city in the world.
4. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
(a) A foot race.
(b) A chariot race.
(c) Javelin and archery contests.
(d) A ship race.
5. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(b) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(c) To destroy the Trojans.
(d) To win a bet with Jupiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
2. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
3. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
4. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
5. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)