Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aetna?
(a) A huge waterfall.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(d) A large river.
2. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to save her from her fate.
(b) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(c) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(d) He feels pity for her circumstances.
3. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
4. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
(a) He wants counsel about how best to attack Dido's lands while she is distracted with Aeneas.
(b) He is angry that after he gave Dido land for her city, she has taken up with someone else.
(c) He wants Juno to stop bothering his country.
(d) He is good friends with Dido and wants Jupiter to protect her new love.
5. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(b) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(c) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(d) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
3. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
4. At the beginning of Book V, why is the city behind Aeneas' departing ships bright?
5. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)