Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(b) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(c) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(d) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
2. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) Her responsibilities as queen.
(b) The counsel of her sister.
(c) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(d) Her duty to help Aeneas.
3. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A tongue of flame on his head.
(b) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(c) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(d) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
4. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
(b) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(c) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(d) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
5. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
2. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
3. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
4. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
5. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)