|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(b) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(c) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(d) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
2. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(b) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
(c) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(d) They will win the war against the Danaans.
3. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(b) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
(c) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
(d) They only have enough food to make it that far.
4. What is Aetna?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(c) A huge waterfall.
(d) A large river.
5. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) A map to the underworld.
(b) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
(c) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
(d) Scenes of the Trojan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
2. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
3. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
4. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
5. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)