|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) She has lost her integrity.
(b) Her own people hate her.
(c) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(d) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
2. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(b) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(c) Priam for being too proud.
(d) The harsh will of the gods.
3. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
(b) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(c) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
(d) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
4. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On his back.
(b) By pulling him along by the hand.
(c) In a wheeled cart.
(d) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
5. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(b) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(c) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(d) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
2. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
3. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
4. How did Polydorus die?
5. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)