|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
2. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
(a) Aeneas does not show proper reverence to King Latinus' laurel tree.
(b) A snake startles them and a soldier striking at it causes everyone to start fighting.
(c) Trojan soldiers insult Lavinia.
(d) Iulus hunted and shot a deer he didn't know was a favored pet.
3. How does Dido kill herself?
(a) By drowning.
(b) With poison.
(c) With a lion bite.
(d) With a sword.
4. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) At the altar of Juno.
(b) On a boat at sea.
(c) At the ruins of Troy.
(d) In a cave.
5. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He takes away Priam's sword.
(b) He sets fire to a holy altar.
(c) He claims to be Priam's son.
(d) He murders Priam's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
2. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
3. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
4. How does King Latinus welcome the Trojans to Latinum?
5. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)