|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(c) Caesar Augustus.
2. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
(b) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
(c) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
(d) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
3. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(b) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(c) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(d) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To head for the shoreline to the west.
(b) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(c) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(d) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
5. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
(a) People who live near where his body washed up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
2. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
3. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
4. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
5. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)