|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
(a) A snake startles them and a soldier striking at it causes everyone to start fighting.
(b) Aeneas does not show proper reverence to King Latinus' laurel tree.
(c) Iulus hunted and shot a deer he didn't know was a favored pet.
(d) Trojan soldiers insult Lavinia.
2. What is Aetna?
(a) A large river.
(b) A huge waterfall.
(c) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(d) A volcano.
3. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(b) He is resting peacefully.
(c) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(d) He is lamenting his fate.
4. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(b) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(c) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(d) They will call on Venus to come save them.
5. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(b) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(c) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(d) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
4. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
5. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)