|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) Her own people hate her.
(b) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(c) She has lost her integrity.
(d) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
2. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(a) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
(c) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(d) They will win the war against the Danaans.
3. What is Aetna?
(a) A large river.
(b) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A huge waterfall.
4. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(a) Her favorite handmaiden.
(c) King Iarbas.
5. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(b) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(c) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(d) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
2. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
3. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
4. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
5. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)