|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
(b) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(c) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
(d) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
2. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(b) He is resting peacefully.
(c) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(d) He is lamenting his fate.
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
(a) Aeneas tells her.
(b) Rumor tells her.
(c) Juno tells her.
(d) Jupiter tells her.
5. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
(b) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
(c) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
(d) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Queen Amata turned thoroughly against the idea of Aeneas marrying her daughter Lavinia?
2. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
3. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
4. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
5. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)