|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
2. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On his back.
(b) In a wheeled cart.
(c) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(d) By pulling him along by the hand.
3. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(b) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(c) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(d) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
4. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) Her own people hate her.
(b) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
(c) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(d) She has lost her integrity.
5. What does the goddess Circe do to those she enchants?
(a) She leads them to the underworld.
(b) She makes them immortal.
(c) She sings to lure them into the water, where they drown.
(d) She turns them into beasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
2. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
3. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
5. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)