|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ilioneus ask for from King Latinus?
(a) Food and supplies to send to the Trojans left behind with Acestës.
(b) Soldiers and weapons to seek revenge on the Greeks.
(c) A modest piece of land on the coast where the Trojans can settle.
(d) Lumber and sails to repair their ships.
2. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
3. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(b) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(c) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(d) Sickened by a terrible plague.
4. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both war and peace.
(b) Both laughter and tears.
(c) Both feast and famine.
(d) Both fame and fortune.
5. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) In a cave.
(b) At the altar of Juno.
(c) At the ruins of Troy.
(d) On a boat at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
2. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
3. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
4. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
5. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)