|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
(a) That there will be a good harvest that year.
(b) That a special stranger will come with a body of men to take Latinus' fortress.
(c) That the tree must be cut down or Latium will fall.
(d) That Latinus and his subjects must band together against strangers.
2. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(b) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(c) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
(d) They will win the war against the Danaans.
3. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
(b) People who live near where his body washed up.
4. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) The Sibyl.
(b) The ghost of Misenus.
(c) Two doves from Venus.
(d) He finds it on his own.
5. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
(b) In the River Styx.
(c) In the Blessed Groves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
2. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
4. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
5. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)