|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dido sees Aeneas' men readying their ships to sail, for what does she plead?
(a) That they sabotage the ships to keep Aeneas in Carthage.
(b) For them to leave plans with her people for how to build such wonderful ships.
(c) That they take her sister Anna with them as a guide.
(d) For Aeneas to wait to sail until the weather is better.
2. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
3. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
(a) Dido persuades Aeneas to help her people build better ships.
(b) Dido presses herself against the couch where Aeneas sat.
(c) Dido keeps holding Ascanius on her lap because he looks like Aeneas.
(d) All construction of the city of Carthage stops.
4. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(b) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(c) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(d) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
5. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
(a) That the tree must be cut down or Latium will fall.
(b) That there will be a good harvest that year.
(c) That Latinus and his subjects must band together against strangers.
(d) That a special stranger will come with a body of men to take Latinus' fortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
2. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
3. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
4. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
5. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)