|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(b) the Furies.
(c) Ulysses and his crewmen.
2. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
(a) He has been sent to the Trojans as an ambassador of peace.
(b) He snuck away because he wants to help the Trojans beat the Danaans.
(c) He escaped before the Danaans could sacrifice him in exchange for good winds home.
(d) He was left behind to spy on the Trojans.
3. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) For the strength to stand up and run.
(b) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
(c) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(d) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
4. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
(b) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
(c) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(d) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
5. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
(a) To help him talk about how Aeneas still mourned for Dido.
(b) To help him woo the goddess Venus.
(c) To help him describe the goddess Circe.
(d) To help him retell the history of the early kings of Latium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
2. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
3. How is Queen Amata turned thoroughly against the idea of Aeneas marrying her daughter Lavinia?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
5. What does Ilioneus ask for from King Latinus?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)