|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
(a) Her brother killed her last husband.
(b) She must wait until her sister Anna gets married first.
(c) She is pledged to Diana.
(d) She does not want any man taking over her kingdom.
2. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
(b) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(c) For the strength to stand up and run.
(d) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
3. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(c) King Iarbas.
(d) Her favorite handmaiden.
4. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
5. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
(b) She has lost her integrity.
(c) Her own people hate her.
(d) She is stuck with his child to raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
2. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
3. How is Turnus spurred to make war on both King Latinus and the Trojans?
4. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
5. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)