|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
(a) Aeneas does not show proper reverence to King Latinus' laurel tree.
(b) Trojan soldiers insult Lavinia.
(c) A snake startles them and a soldier striking at it causes everyone to start fighting.
(d) Iulus hunted and shot a deer he didn't know was a favored pet.
2. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) The harsh will of the gods.
(b) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(c) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(d) Priam for being too proud.
3. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(b) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
(c) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
(d) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
4. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) They only have enough food to make it that far.
(b) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
(c) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(d) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
5. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses and his crewmen.
(c) the Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
2. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
3. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
4. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
5. What is the job of the Sibyl?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)