|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) She has lost her integrity.
(b) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
(c) Her own people hate her.
(d) She is stuck with his child to raise.
2. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(b) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(c) He wants to save her from her fate.
(d) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To head for the shoreline to the west.
(b) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(c) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(d) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
4. When Dido sees Aeneas' men readying their ships to sail, for what does she plead?
(a) For them to leave plans with her people for how to build such wonderful ships.
(b) That they sabotage the ships to keep Aeneas in Carthage.
(c) That they take her sister Anna with them as a guide.
(d) For Aeneas to wait to sail until the weather is better.
5. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(b) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(c) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(d) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
2. What does the goddess Circe do to those she enchants?
3. What is the job of the Sibyl?
4. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
5. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)