|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the goddess Circe do to those she enchants?
(a) She makes them immortal.
(b) She sings to lure them into the water, where they drown.
(c) She turns them into beasts.
(d) She leads them to the underworld.
2. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
(b) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
(c) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
(d) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
3. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
(a) That a special stranger will come with a body of men to take Latinus' fortress.
(b) That Latinus and his subjects must band together against strangers.
(c) That the tree must be cut down or Latium will fall.
(d) That there will be a good harvest that year.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
(a) Their brother could find and attack them in the future.
(b) It is Jupiter's will.
(c) Dido's lands are surrounded by hostile people.
(d) Dido should enjoy love and children.
5. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
2. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
3. With whose funeral does Book VII open?
4. When Dido sees Aeneas' men readying their ships to sail, for what does she plead?
5. How did Polydorus die?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)