|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
(a) He was left behind to spy on the Trojans.
(b) He escaped before the Danaans could sacrifice him in exchange for good winds home.
(c) He has been sent to the Trojans as an ambassador of peace.
(d) He snuck away because he wants to help the Trojans beat the Danaans.
2. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(b) The sibyl of Cumae.
3. How does King Latinus welcome the Trojans to Latinum?
(a) Gladly, because he wants Aeneas to marry his daughter.
(b) Duplicitously, because he plans to murder them and take their treasure and ships.
(c) Sadly, because he knows their coming fortells his death.
(d) Angrily, because the queen is forcing him to be polite to them.
4. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
(a) To help him describe the goddess Circe.
(b) To help him woo the goddess Venus.
(c) To help him retell the history of the early kings of Latium.
(d) To help him talk about how Aeneas still mourned for Dido.
5. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
2. How did Polydorus die?
3. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
5. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)