|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(b) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(c) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(d) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
2. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
(a) It is Jupiter's will.
(b) Dido's lands are surrounded by hostile people.
(c) Dido should enjoy love and children.
(d) Their brother could find and attack them in the future.
4. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
(a) For Aeneas to stop being distracted by Dido and her city and go build his own kingdom.
(b) He wants Aeneas to do the right thing and marry Dido properly.
(c) He wants Aeneas to stop praying to him.
(d) He wants Aeneas to help Dido build Carthage into the finest city in the world.
5. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
2. What does Ilioneus ask for from King Latinus?
3. How does Dido kill herself?
4. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
5. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)