|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(b) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(c) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(d) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
2. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a boat at sea.
(c) At the altar of Juno.
(d) At the ruins of Troy.
3. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It becomes theirs forever.
(b) It becomes covered in filth.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It turns to gold.
4. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
5. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
(b) King Priam's sword and shield.
(c) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
(d) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
2. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
4. How does Dido kill herself?
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)