|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
2. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) The harsh will of the gods.
(b) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(c) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(d) Priam for being too proud.
3. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
(a) For Aeneas to stop being distracted by Dido and her city and go build his own kingdom.
(b) He wants Aeneas to help Dido build Carthage into the finest city in the world.
(c) He wants Aeneas to stop praying to him.
(d) He wants Aeneas to do the right thing and marry Dido properly.
4. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(b) the Furies.
(d) Ulysses and his crewmen.
5. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
(a) He wants counsel about how best to attack Dido's lands while she is distracted with Aeneas.
(b) He wants Juno to stop bothering his country.
(c) He is angry that after he gave Dido land for her city, she has taken up with someone else.
(d) He is good friends with Dido and wants Jupiter to protect her new love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
2. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
3. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
4. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
5. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)