Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
(a) For Aeneas to stop being distracted by Dido and her city and go build his own kingdom.
(b) He wants Aeneas to do the right thing and marry Dido properly.
(c) He wants Aeneas to help Dido build Carthage into the finest city in the world.
(d) He wants Aeneas to stop praying to him.
2. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(b) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(c) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(d) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
3. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(b) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(c) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
(d) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
4. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
(a) Continued harassment from Juno.
(b) The death of Ascanius.
(c) Marriage with a foreign bride.
(d) Vicious wars.
5. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(b) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(c) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(d) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
2. How did Polydorus die?
3. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
4. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
5. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)