• Because of Juno, Aeneas and his men are lost at sea until Neptune calms the ocean.
• Aeneas and Achates inspect the place where they land, meeting a disguised Venus who tells them they are in Carthage.
• In the mist, they see depictions of the Trojan War.
• Dido, Queen of Carthage, welcomes Aeneas and the Trojans.
• Venus has her son, Cupid, charm Dido into letting the Trojans stay under her protection.
• Dido wants to hear about the Trojan War.
• Aeneas begins telling Dido about the Trojan War and how the Greek soldiers sneaked into Troy inside a wooden horse and destroyed the city.
• The ghost of Hector, slain by Achilles, appeared to Aeneas in a dream and warned him to flee.
• Aeneas carried his father to safety on his back while his wife and son followed.
• His wife fell behind, and when they stopped he saw her...
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)