|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
(c) showing off
2. What does Tom find in No. 2?
(a) an empty treasure boxes
(b) Injun Joe, drunk on the floor
(c) a stash of mysterious locked boxes
3. What had Joe found in the cave to eat?
(a) soapstone and snakes
(b) mushrooms and snails
(c) beetles and rats
(d) bats and candle wax
4. Why does Tom join the Cadets of Temperance?
(a) He wants to impress Becky.
(b) His aunt makes him.
(c) He's decided to turn over a new leaf.
(d) He likes their uniforms.
5. What does Tom dump onto the table?
(a) packs of money
(c) gold ore
(d) gold coins
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Aunt Polly able to forgive Tom anything?
2. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
3. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
4. What does Tom say the Widow Douglas has for children?
5. Where does Joe tell his partner he plans on running after the "dangerous" job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
2. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
3. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
4. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
5. Does the Welshman take credit for saving Widow Douglas?
6. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
7. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
8. What is Tom's approach to finding buried treasure?
9. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
10. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)