|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
2. What is the cave opening shaped like?
(a) a thin tree branch
(b) the letter A
(c) a keyhole
(d) a big circle
3. Why does Tom join the Cadets of Temperance?
(a) He's decided to turn over a new leaf.
(b) His aunt makes him.
(c) He wants to impress Becky.
(d) He likes their uniforms.
4. What happens to Injun Joe's accomplice?
(a) He is found stabbed to death in the haunted house.
(b) His body is found in the river, likely drowned.
(c) He is captured but hangs himself in the jail.
(d) He is found with his neck broken outside of town.
5. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
(a) No, Huck never thinks about giving away the secret.
(b) No, but Huck is sorely tempted to tell the truth.
(c) Yes, Huck tells him right away.
(d) Yes, but only after much prompting and promising to protect Huck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away from the cave entrance are Becky and Tom when they emerge?
2. What is Judge Thatcher's feeling toward Tom?
3. What makes Aunt Polly able to forgive Tom anything?
4. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
5. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)