|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Thatcher find out that Becky's not where she's supposed to be?
(a) when Mrs. Harper visits the Thatcher house
(b) in the town square Sunday morning
(c) when Becky doesn't come home from the picnic Saturday night
(d) at church Sunday morning
2. What does Widow Douglas say she will do for Huck?
(a) take care of him and give him money to start in business
(b) get him a fishing boat and equipment to become a fisherman
(c) put him in her will
(d) buy him a house, new clothes, and furniture
3. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
(a) Tom thought Polly would be angry if she knew he'd been to the house.
(b) Tom didn't want to betray his fellow pirates, Joe and Huck.
(c) Tom didn't want to spoil the effect of appearing at the funeral.
(d) Tom didn't want Sid and Mary to find out he was alive.
4. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
(a) a gold coin with a word etched into it
(b) a piece of yellow paper with strange markings
(c) a stick warn down and broken
(d) a knife with a broken blade
5. What does Tom dump onto the table?
(a) packs of money
(b) gold ore
(d) gold coins
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
2. Where does Joe tell his partner he plans on running after the "dangerous" job?
3. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
4. What does Tom say that robbers bury under a tree with their treasure?
5. What does Tom say the Widow Douglas has for children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom feel when Injun Joe is found dead?
2. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
3. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
4. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
5. Describe the Spaniard.
6. What is Tom's approach to finding buried treasure?
7. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
8. Where does Tom think he's found No. 2?
9. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
10. What happens to Tom and Huck's treasure?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)