|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
(a) They think Injun Joe would kill Muff if he escaped.
(b) They think Muff would refuse to leave.
(c) They think he'll just be caught again.
(d) They think they'd be caught and tried as accessories.
2. What illness does Tom contract during vacation?
(b) chicken pox
(d) whooping cough
3. What makes Aunt Polly able to forgive Tom anything?
(a) She discovers the note in his jacket, so she knows he wasn't lying.
(b) Joe tells her that Tom was the one that convinced them to come back.
(c) She remembers how she felt when she thought Tom was dead.
(d) Tom tells her that the only reason he came back was to stop her from grieving.
4. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
(a) He has thought of a scheme to get the treasure.
(b) He's thought of a scheme to capture Injun Joe.
(c) He's afraid it's a dream.
(d) He's decided to give up on the treasure.
5. What is in the first closet Huck and Tom search in the haunted house?
(b) a cat
(c) a bricked up door
(d) a pile of cobwebs
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joe tell his partner he plans on running after the "dangerous" job?
2. How far away from the cave entrance are Becky and Tom when they emerge?
3. What had Joe found in the cave to eat?
4. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
5. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Spaniard.
2. How does Tom feel when Injun Joe is found dead?
3. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
4. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
5. Where does Tom think he's found No. 2?
6. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
7. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
8. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
9. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
10. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)