|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week is a bad day to visit a haunted house?
2. What does Widow Douglas say she will do for Huck?
(a) get him a fishing boat and equipment to become a fisherman
(b) take care of him and give him money to start in business
(c) put him in her will
(d) buy him a house, new clothes, and furniture
3. Who tells Tom that the Welshman is going to announce Huck's role in saving the Widow Douglas?
(d) Aunt Polly
4. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be a doctor
(b) to be the mayor
(c) to be an actor
(d) to be a lawyer
5. What does Tom say that robbers bury under a tree with their treasure?
(a) a dead man
(b) a cursed cross
(c) a box of toadstools
(d) a witch's finger
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
2. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
3. What is in the first closet Huck and Tom search in the haunted house?
4. What does Tom dump onto the table?
5. What happens to Injun Joe's accomplice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Tom think he's found No. 2?
2. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
3. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
4. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
5. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
6. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
7. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
8. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
9. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
10. Describe Huck's reaction to living with the Widow Douglas.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)