|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
(a) He sneaks into Tom's house and breaks dishes.
(b) He stops Tom on the street and fights him.
(c) He pours ink on Tom's spelling book.
(d) He tears up Tom's math book.
2. What reason does Tom give Becky for his shout, when he sees Injun Joe?
(a) He says he shouted for luck.
(b) He says he thought he saw a searcher.
(c) He says he was scared by a bat.
(d) He says he wanted to hear the echo.
3. What is the title of the first-prize composition?
(a) A Missouri Maiden's Farewell to Alabama
(b) Is this, then, Life?
(c) The Advantages of Culture
(d) A Vision
4. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
(a) He expects his aunt will find out where he's been.
(b) He is afraid Injun Joe might find him.
(c) He thinks Becky might disapprove of him.
(d) He thinks Huck might give him the signal that night.
5. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
(a) Their treasure maps get lost, destroyed, or stolen.
(b) They get doublecrossed by their partners and stranded.
(c) They get caught and sent to prison or flee the country.
(d) They forget the marks that identify the spot or else they die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
2. How far away from the cave entrance are Becky and Tom when they emerge?
3. Why does Tom join the Cadets of Temperance?
4. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
5. How did the boys get to shore from their island?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)