|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
2. Why does Tom not want to go back through the caves the way he and Becky came?
(a) He thinks there are ghosts in one of the cave's rooms.
(b) He thinks he can't fit back through an entryway they came through.
(c) He's afraid bats will put out their candles.
(d) He wants to stay out longer with Becky.
3. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
(a) He thinks Becky might disapprove of him.
(b) He expects his aunt will find out where he's been.
(c) He is afraid Injun Joe might find him.
(d) He thinks Huck might give him the signal that night.
4. What does Tom threaten to do if Huck runs away from the Widow Douglas?
(a) put a hex on Huck
(b) confiscate Huck's half of the treasure
(c) not allow Huck to be in his gang
(d) tell where Huck's hideout is
5. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
(a) follow them
(b) sound an alarm
(c) go find Tom
(d) search No. 2
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
2. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
3. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
4. Where had Joe gotten water?
5. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
2. What is Tom's approach to finding buried treasure?
3. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
4. Describe Huck's reaction to living with the Widow Douglas.
5. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
6. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
7. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
8. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
9. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
10. Describe what happens the first time Becky goes to sleep in the cave.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)