|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
2. How does Tom react to Becky when he goes back to school?
(a) He shows off for her.
(b) He follows her everywhere.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He asks her to forgive him.
3. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be the mayor
(b) to be a doctor
(c) to be an actor
(d) to be a lawyer
4. What does Tom say that he dreamed?
(a) witnessing the doctor's death at the graveyard
(b) the townspeople on the ferry searching for the boys' bodies
(c) the scene of him appearing in the church at his funeral
(d) the scene he witnessed when he sneaked over to the house
5. What is the title of the first-prize composition?
(a) A Vision
(b) Is this, then, Life?
(c) A Missouri Maiden's Farewell to Alabama
(d) The Advantages of Culture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
2. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
3. Why does Tom not want to go back through the caves the way he and Becky came?
4. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
5. Who is the first friend who agrees to go hunting for treasure with Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
2. Where does Tom think he's found No. 2?
3. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
4. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
5. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
6. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
7. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
8. Does the Welshman take credit for saving Widow Douglas?
9. What happens to Tom and Huck's treasure?
10. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)