|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Huck's attitude toward marriage?
(a) He is afraid of marriage because his wife could die.
(b) He dreams of getting married to the right girl.
(c) He thinks marriage to anyone would be grand.
(d) He thinks marriage is always unhappy and ends in fighting.
2. How does Judge Frazer let Tom down?
(a) He dies, just when Tom thought he was getting well.
(b) He dies before telling Tom the secret Tom's waiting for.
(c) He leaves the town without giving word.
(d) He gets sick and so will miss Fourth of July.
3. What happens to Injun Joe's accomplice?
(a) His body is found in the river, likely drowned.
(b) He is found with his neck broken outside of town.
(c) He is captured but hangs himself in the jail.
(d) He is found stabbed to death in the haunted house.
4. Before the trial, does any of the town gossip speculate that Muff Potter is innocent?
(a) No, everyone in town thinks Muff is a murderer.
(b) No, but many people find it hard to believe Muff is a murderer.
(c) Yes, a large number of people are skeptical that Muff is a murderer.
(d) Yes, a few people won't believe that Muff is a killer.
5. What does Tom and Huck's treasure lead local men to do?
(a) dig up every haunt of Injun Joe's
(b) dig out the whole cave
(c) tear up haunted houses
(d) dig up under every local tree
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
2. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
3. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
4. By Monday morning, what do the men searching the cave send word to town for?
5. How did the boys get to shore from their island?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)