|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
(b) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
(c) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
(d) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
2. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
(a) Sid would snitch on Tom if he came back without the towel.
(b) His aunt would kill him for losing the towel.
(c) Huck would kill him for losing the towel.
(d) Injun Joe could track him down with the towel.
3. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
4. What day of the week is a bad day to visit a haunted house?
5. How does Judge Frazer let Tom down?
(a) He dies before telling Tom the secret Tom's waiting for.
(b) He dies, just when Tom thought he was getting well.
(c) He gets sick and so will miss Fourth of July.
(d) He leaves the town without giving word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first friend who agrees to go hunting for treasure with Tom?
2. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
3. How does Becky make Tom jealous?
4. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
5. What is Judge Thatcher's feeling toward Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
2. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
3. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
4. Describe what happens the first time Becky goes to sleep in the cave.
5. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
6. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
7. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
8. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
9. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
10. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)