|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
(a) go find Tom
(b) follow them
(c) search No. 2
(d) sound an alarm
2. How does Tom react to Becky when he goes back to school?
(a) He shows off for her.
(b) He follows her everywhere.
(c) He asks her to forgive him.
(d) He ignores her.
3. How does Becky make Tom jealous?
(a) by sitting and reading with Alfred Temple
(b) by talking with Bill Miller
(c) by kissing Joe Harper
(d) by sitting next to Ben Rodgers
4. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
(a) make their own treasure maps
(b) fish in the river
(c) play Robin Hood
(d) slingshot target practice
5. What is in the first closet Huck and Tom search in the haunted house?
(a) a pile of cobwebs
(b) a cat
(c) a bricked up door
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom threaten to do if Huck runs away from the Widow Douglas?
2. What disconcerts Becky when Tom shouts to the other picnickers?
3. What prevented Injun Joe's capture at the Widow Douglas' house?
4. What does Tom dump onto the table?
5. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Spaniard.
2. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
3. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
4. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
5. Describe Huck's reaction to living with the Widow Douglas.
6. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
7. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
8. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
9. Describe what happens the first time Becky goes to sleep in the cave.
10. Does the Welshman take credit for saving Widow Douglas?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)