|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
(a) the Gettysburg Address
(b) the Sermon on the Mount
(c) Washington's Farewell Address
(d) Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
2. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
(b) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(c) Huck tells Polly the truth.
(d) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
3. What reason does Tom give Becky for his shout, when he sees Injun Joe?
(a) He says he wanted to hear the echo.
(b) He says he thought he saw a searcher.
(c) He says he was scared by a bat.
(d) He says he shouted for luck.
4. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
(b) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
(c) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
(d) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
5. How long does Tom have to stay after school?
(a) half an hour
(b) forty-five minutes
(c) one hour
(d) two hours
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
2. What disconcerts Becky when Tom shouts to the other picnickers?
3. What does Tom say that robbers bury under a tree with their treasure?
4. What is Huck's attitude toward marriage?
5. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom feel when Injun Joe is found dead?
2. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
3. Describe what happens the first time Becky goes to sleep in the cave.
4. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
5. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
6. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
7. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
8. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
9. Does the Welshman take credit for saving Widow Douglas?
10. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)