|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
(b) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
(c) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
(d) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
2. What reason does Tom give Becky for his shout, when he sees Injun Joe?
(a) He says he thought he saw a searcher.
(b) He says he was scared by a bat.
(c) He says he shouted for luck.
(d) He says he wanted to hear the echo.
3. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
4. What is Judge Thatcher's feeling toward Tom?
5. Who takes care of Huck when he's ill?
(a) Widow Douglas
(b) Huck's father
(c) the Welshman
(d) Aunt Polly
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
2. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
3. What does Tom see that shows him the way out of the cave?
4. Who tells Tom that the Welshman is going to announce Huck's role in saving the Widow Douglas?
5. Why does Tom not want to go back through the caves the way he and Becky came?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the Welshman take credit for saving Widow Douglas?
2. Where does Tom think he's found No. 2?
3. Describe what happens the first time Becky goes to sleep in the cave.
4. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
5. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
6. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
7. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
8. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
9. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
10. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)