|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first-prize composition?
(a) A Vision
(b) A Missouri Maiden's Farewell to Alabama
(c) The Advantages of Culture
(d) Is this, then, Life?
2. What is the cave opening shaped like?
(a) a big circle
(b) a keyhole
(c) a thin tree branch
(d) the letter A
3. Who tells Tom that the Welshman is going to announce Huck's role in saving the Widow Douglas?
(a) Aunt Polly
4. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
(a) He fears Muff Potter will not be convicted.
(b) He fears he will be accused of the murder.
(c) He fears the person is hinting Tom knows something.
(d) He fears the doctor's ghost will rise up.
5. What had Joe found in the cave to eat?
(a) bats and candle wax
(b) beetles and rats
(c) soapstone and snakes
(d) mushrooms and snails
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say the Widow Douglas has for children?
2. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
3. What does Huck say he'd do with treasure?
4. Why does Tom say they need to stop and wait by the water?
5. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
2. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
3. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
4. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
5. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
6. What happens to Tom and Huck's treasure?
7. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
8. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
9. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
10. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)