|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
(a) play Robin Hood
(b) slingshot target practice
(c) make their own treasure maps
(d) fish in the river
2. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
(b) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
(c) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
(d) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
3. When does Mrs. Thatcher find out that Becky's not where she's supposed to be?
(a) when Mrs. Harper visits the Thatcher house
(b) when Becky doesn't come home from the picnic Saturday night
(c) at church Sunday morning
(d) in the town square Sunday morning
4. What does Tom see that shows him the way out of the cave?
(a) dripping water
(b) a speck of daylight
(c) a breeze blowing the candle flame
(d) a bug flying into a crack in the wall
5. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
(a) They think Muff would refuse to leave.
(b) They think they'd be caught and tried as accessories.
(c) They think Injun Joe would kill Muff if he escaped.
(d) They think he'll just be caught again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
2. By Monday morning, what do the men searching the cave send word to town for?
3. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
4. Who takes care of Huck when he's ill?
5. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
2. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
3. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
4. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
5. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
6. Where does Tom think he's found No. 2?
7. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
8. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
9. How does Tom feel when Injun Joe is found dead?
10. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)