|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck say he'd do with treasure?
(a) buy pie and soda every day
(b) give it to his father
(c) save it to live on
(d) run away to Europe
2. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
3. What does Tom dump onto the table?
(a) gold ore
(b) gold coins
(c) packs of money
4. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
(a) stayed away longer
(b) come back home sooner
(c) waited until after the funeral to reveal himself
(d) come to let her know he was alive
5. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
(a) He is afraid Injun Joe might find him.
(b) He expects his aunt will find out where he's been.
(c) He thinks Becky might disapprove of him.
(d) He thinks Huck might give him the signal that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is a bad day to visit a haunted house?
2. Where does Joe tell his partner he plans on running after the "dangerous" job?
3. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
4. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
5. What makes Aunt Polly able to forgive Tom anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
2. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
3. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
4. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
5. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
6. Describe the Spaniard.
7. What is Tom's approach to finding buried treasure?
8. What happens to Tom and Huck's treasure?
9. Describe Huck's reaction to living with the Widow Douglas.
10. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)