|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Tom have to stay after school?
(a) two hours
(b) half an hour
(c) forty-five minutes
(d) one hour
2. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
(a) They forget the marks that identify the spot or else they die.
(b) Their treasure maps get lost, destroyed, or stolen.
(c) They get doublecrossed by their partners and stranded.
(d) They get caught and sent to prison or flee the country.
3. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
(a) make their own treasure maps
(b) slingshot target practice
(c) play Robin Hood
(d) fish in the river
4. What does Tom see that shows him the way out of the cave?
(a) dripping water
(b) a bug flying into a crack in the wall
(c) a breeze blowing the candle flame
(d) a speck of daylight
5. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
(a) on accident, while he is blowing a bug away
(b) to stop Becky from starting a fire
(c) to save their candles for the future
(d) to scare Becky with the darkness
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cave opening shaped like?
2. What happens to Injun Joe's accomplice?
3. What does Tom find in No. 2?
4. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
5. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
2. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
3. What is Tom's approach to finding buried treasure?
4. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
5. How does Tom feel when Injun Joe is found dead?
6. Describe what happens the first time Becky goes to sleep in the cave.
7. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
8. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
9. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
10. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)