|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widow Douglas say she will do for Huck?
(a) take care of him and give him money to start in business
(b) get him a fishing boat and equipment to become a fisherman
(c) buy him a house, new clothes, and furniture
(d) put him in her will
2. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
(b) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
(c) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
(d) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
3. How did the boys get to shore from their island?
(a) They made a raft.
(b) They swam against the current.
(c) They paddled using a log.
(d) They stole a skiff.
4. Who tells Tom that the Welshman is going to announce Huck's role in saving the Widow Douglas?
(a) Aunt Polly
5. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
(a) Huck would kill him for losing the towel.
(b) His aunt would kill him for losing the towel.
(c) Sid would snitch on Tom if he came back without the towel.
(d) Injun Joe could track him down with the towel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
2. What does Tom say that robbers bury under a tree with their treasure?
3. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
4. What does Tom threaten to do if Huck runs away from the Widow Douglas?
5. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)