|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
(a) He's thought of a scheme to capture Injun Joe.
(b) He has thought of a scheme to get the treasure.
(c) He's decided to give up on the treasure.
(d) He's afraid it's a dream.
2. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
(a) Injun Joe could track him down with the towel.
(b) His aunt would kill him for losing the towel.
(c) Sid would snitch on Tom if he came back without the towel.
(d) Huck would kill him for losing the towel.
3. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
4. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
(b) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(c) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
(d) Huck tells Polly the truth.
5. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
(b) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
(c) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
(d) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom see that shows him the way out of the cave?
2. What does Tom and Huck's treasure lead local men to do?
3. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
4. How does Tom react to Becky when he goes back to school?
5. What does Tom say the Widow Douglas has for children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom's approach to finding buried treasure?
2. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
3. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
4. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
5. Does the Welshman take credit for saving Widow Douglas?
6. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
7. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
8. Describe Huck's reaction to living with the Widow Douglas.
9. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
10. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)