|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom threaten to do if Huck runs away from the Widow Douglas?
(a) confiscate Huck's half of the treasure
(b) tell where Huck's hideout is
(c) not allow Huck to be in his gang
(d) put a hex on Huck
2. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
(b) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
(c) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
(d) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
3. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
(a) He fears the doctor's ghost will rise up.
(b) He fears Muff Potter will not be convicted.
(c) He fears the person is hinting Tom knows something.
(d) He fears he will be accused of the murder.
4. How did the boys get to shore from their island?
(a) They swam against the current.
(b) They stole a skiff.
(c) They paddled using a log.
(d) They made a raft.
5. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
(c) showing off
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the trial, does any of the town gossip speculate that Muff Potter is innocent?
2. Where had Joe gotten water?
3. Who takes care of Huck when he's ill?
4. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
5. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)