|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
(a) to scare Becky with the darkness
(b) on accident, while he is blowing a bug away
(c) to stop Becky from starting a fire
(d) to save their candles for the future
2. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
(a) No, but Huck is sorely tempted to tell the truth.
(b) No, Huck never thinks about giving away the secret.
(c) Yes, Huck tells him right away.
(d) Yes, but only after much prompting and promising to protect Huck.
3. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
4. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
(a) come back home sooner
(b) come to let her know he was alive
(c) stayed away longer
(d) waited until after the funeral to reveal himself
5. Why does Tom join the Cadets of Temperance?
(a) He likes their uniforms.
(b) He's decided to turn over a new leaf.
(c) He wants to impress Becky.
(d) His aunt makes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
2. What does Tom say that he dreamed?
3. What illness does Tom contract during vacation?
4. What does Tom dump onto the table?
5. What is the cave opening shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
2. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
3. Why does Injun Joe want to harm the Widow Douglas?
4. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
5. How does Tom feel when Injun Joe is found dead?
6. What happens to Tom and Huck's treasure?
7. Describe the Spaniard.
8. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
9. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
10. Where does Tom think he's found No. 2?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)