|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Becky make Tom jealous?
(a) by kissing Joe Harper
(b) by sitting next to Ben Rodgers
(c) by talking with Bill Miller
(d) by sitting and reading with Alfred Temple
2. How far away from the cave entrance are Becky and Tom when they emerge?
(a) five miles
(b) three miles
(c) 50 feet
(d) ten miles
3. What does Tom say that robbers bury under a tree with their treasure?
(a) a witch's finger
(b) a box of toadstools
(c) a dead man
(d) a cursed cross
4. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
(a) He's afraid it's a dream.
(b) He's decided to give up on the treasure.
(c) He's thought of a scheme to capture Injun Joe.
(d) He has thought of a scheme to get the treasure.
5. Where does Joe tell his partner he plans on running after the "dangerous" job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
2. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
3. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
4. How does Tom react to Becky when he goes back to school?
5. What is Huck's attitude toward marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
2. Describe what happens the first time Becky goes to sleep in the cave.
3. Where does Tom think he's found No. 2?
4. How does Tom feel when Injun Joe is found dead?
5. What is Tom's approach to finding buried treasure?
6. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
7. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
8. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
9. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
10. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)