|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
2. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
(a) Tom didn't want to spoil the effect of appearing at the funeral.
(b) Tom thought Polly would be angry if she knew he'd been to the house.
(c) Tom didn't want Sid and Mary to find out he was alive.
(d) Tom didn't want to betray his fellow pirates, Joe and Huck.
3. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
(a) sound an alarm
(b) go find Tom
(c) search No. 2
(d) follow them
4. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
(a) They forget the marks that identify the spot or else they die.
(b) Their treasure maps get lost, destroyed, or stolen.
(c) They get caught and sent to prison or flee the country.
(d) They get doublecrossed by their partners and stranded.
5. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
2. What does Tom find in No. 2?
3. What is the cave opening shaped like?
4. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
5. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
2. Where does Tom think he's found No. 2?
3. Describe Huck's reaction to living with the Widow Douglas.
4. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
5. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
6. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
7. Does the Welshman take credit for saving Widow Douglas?
8. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
9. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
10. How does Tom feel when Injun Joe is found dead?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)