|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
(a) waited until after the funeral to reveal himself
(b) come back home sooner
(c) come to let her know he was alive
(d) stayed away longer
2. What reason does Tom give Becky for his shout, when he sees Injun Joe?
(a) He says he wanted to hear the echo.
(b) He says he shouted for luck.
(c) He says he thought he saw a searcher.
(d) He says he was scared by a bat.
3. What illness does Tom contract during vacation?
(a) chicken pox
(d) whooping cough
4. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
5. Why does Tom not want to go back through the caves the way he and Becky came?
(a) He wants to stay out longer with Becky.
(b) He thinks there are ghosts in one of the cave's rooms.
(c) He's afraid bats will put out their candles.
(d) He thinks he can't fit back through an entryway they came through.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom and Huck's treasure lead local men to do?
2. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
3. When does Mrs. Thatcher find out that Becky's not where she's supposed to be?
4. During the trial, what does the defense attorney ask the witness who saw Muff Potter washing at a creek?
5. What disconcerts Becky when Tom shouts to the other picnickers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
2. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
3. What happens to Tom and Huck's treasure?
4. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
5. How does Tom feel when Injun Joe is found dead?
6. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
7. Describe what happens the first time Becky goes to sleep in the cave.
8. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
9. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
10. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)