|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevented Injun Joe's capture at the Widow Douglas' house?
(a) A bird took flight at the Welshman's approach.
(b) One of the boys tripped over a branch.
(c) The Welshman couldn't help sneezing.
(d) Injun Joe saw the approaching men reflected in the widow's windows.
2. Who takes care of Huck when he's ill?
(a) Huck's father
(b) Widow Douglas
(c) Aunt Polly
(d) the Welshman
3. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
(b) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
(c) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
(d) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
4. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
(a) He has thought of a scheme to get the treasure.
(b) He's afraid it's a dream.
(c) He's thought of a scheme to capture Injun Joe.
(d) He's decided to give up on the treasure.
5. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
(a) to scare Becky with the darkness
(b) to save their candles for the future
(c) on accident, while he is blowing a bug away
(d) to stop Becky from starting a fire
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom say they need to stop and wait by the water?
2. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
3. Where does Joe tell his partner he plans on running after the "dangerous" job?
4. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
5. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tom and Huck's treasure?
2. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
3. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
4. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
5. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
6. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
7. What is Tom's approach to finding buried treasure?
8. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
9. Describe Huck's reaction to living with the Widow Douglas.
10. Does the Welshman take credit for saving Widow Douglas?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)