|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
(a) a stick warn down and broken
(b) a knife with a broken blade
(c) a piece of yellow paper with strange markings
(d) a gold coin with a word etched into it
2. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
3. Before the trial, does any of the town gossip speculate that Muff Potter is innocent?
(a) Yes, a large number of people are skeptical that Muff is a murderer.
(b) Yes, a few people won't believe that Muff is a killer.
(c) No, but many people find it hard to believe Muff is a murderer.
(d) No, everyone in town thinks Muff is a murderer.
4. How does Judge Frazer let Tom down?
(a) He dies before telling Tom the secret Tom's waiting for.
(b) He dies, just when Tom thought he was getting well.
(c) He leaves the town without giving word.
(d) He gets sick and so will miss Fourth of July.
5. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
(b) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
(c) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
(d) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
2. What does Tom say that robbers bury under a tree with their treasure?
3. Who is the first friend who agrees to go hunting for treasure with Tom?
4. Why does Tom not want to go back through the caves the way he and Becky came?
5. Who tells Tom that the Welshman is going to announce Huck's role in saving the Widow Douglas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Huck's reaction to living with the Widow Douglas.
2. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
3. What is the town's reaction after the murder trial?
4. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
5. What does Tom say that people often find that leads them to a buried treasure?
6. How does Becky react when she first realizes she and Tom are lost?
7. How does Tom treat Amy Lawrence when he comes back to school?
8. Describe the Spaniard.
9. What does Tom think when he's whipped for ruining his schoolbook?
10. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)