|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a ferryboat
(b) a rowboat
(c) a sloop
(d) a barge
2. How does Huck sign his name?
(a) Tom shows Huck how to make an H and an F.
(b) Huck writes out his full given name.
(c) Huck writes "Mr. Finn."
(d) Huck makes an X instead of his name.
3. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's professed illness?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She scolds him for lying.
(c) She takes him to the doctor.
(d) She spanks him.
4. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) new Sunday clothes
(b) a new Bible
(c) a Sunday hat
(d) a shiny cross
5. Why are the Sunday School students given colored tickets?
(a) for helping with the Sunday service
(b) for learning Bible verses
(c) for attendance
(d) for the church raffle
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal gets into a conflict with the bug Tom has brought into church?
2. What is Tom's reaction to his bath?
3. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
4. What does Tom write the pact between the boys on?
5. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
2. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
3. What does Huck caution Tom about when speaking of the dead?
4. How are Sid and Tom different?
5. What are the boys' reactions to realizing that the townspeople think they're dead?
6. Why does Tom realize that Muff Potter cannot tell the true story?
7. Describe the reaction to the Sunday School visitors.
8. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's disappearance?
9. What is Tom dissatisfied with by the end of the Sunday service?
10. Describe the graveyard.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)