|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do when he plays hooky?
(a) He reads a book.
(b) He plays baseball.
(c) He plays catch.
(d) He goes swimming.
2. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
(a) "I give!"
(d) "You win!"
3. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) new Sunday clothes
(b) a Sunday hat
(c) a new Bible
(d) a shiny cross
4. What source of food do the boys find on the island?
(a) wild chickens
(b) a fishing pond
(c) peach trees
(d) turtle eggs
5. What does the preacher do at the funeral service?
(b) gets angry
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Tom?
2. Does Sid believe Tom is sick?
3. How is Aunt Polly related to Tom?
4. What does Tom give to Becky?
5. What does Sid do that Tom gets blamed for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom and Joe's plan to run away?
2. What are the boys' reactions to realizing that the townspeople think they're dead?
3. How does Tom find his lost marble?
4. What does Tom make Becky whisper in his ear?
5. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
6. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's disappearance?
7. How does Tom trick other boys into doing his work for him?
8. What do the villagers want to do to Injun Joe?
9. When Tom talks and is restless in his sleep, how is his behavior explained?
10. What does Tom tutor Becky in when they meet surreptitiously during lunch?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)