|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has earned the most rewards in Tom's Sunday School?
(a) Jeff Thatcher
(b) Ben Rodgers
(c) a German boy
2. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a sloop
(b) a barge
(c) a rowboat
(d) a ferryboat
3. Who is Amy Lawrence?
(a) Amy is Tom's teacher, who Tom has a crush on.
(b) Amy is Sid's beloved, who Tom makes trouble with.
(c) Amy is Tom's beloved, who fickle Tom forgets.
(d) Amy is Jeff's cousin, who Tom thinks is beautiful.
4. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) cheese and stolen eggs
(b) apples and bread
(c) bacon and fish
(d) dry crackers
5. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
(a) She gives him an apple to bite into.
(b) She gives him gum to chew.
(c) She pulls it out with string.
(d) She pulls it out with pliers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
2. What wakes Tom?
3. What person does Tom make up to threaten the stranger with?
4. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
5. Where does Aunt Polly find Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's disappearance?
2. What about Tom's behavior at school strikes Sid as strange?
3. What do Tom and Huck do with their pact after they sign it?
4. Describe the graveyard.
5. What is Tom dissatisfied with by the end of the Sunday service?
6. When Tom talks and is restless in his sleep, how is his behavior explained?
7. Describe Polly's reaction when Tom says he's done with the whitewashing.
8. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
9. What mistake does Tom make that gives away to Polly that he played hooky?
10. Describe what Tom hears while he waits for Huck.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)