|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's recent accomplishment?
(a) learning to catch tree frogs
(b) learning to write in cursive
(c) learning to whistle
(d) learning to throw a spitball
2. Where does Tom go to be alone?
(a) a log raft in the river
(b) a crawlspace under the school
(c) a field out by the fishing pond
(d) an empty cabin in the woods
3. Who do Tom and Huck think Muff Potter, Injun Joe, and Doctor Robinson are when they first approach?
4. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) bacon and fish
(b) dry crackers
(c) cheese and stolen eggs
(d) apples and bread
5. What is the object of the game?
(a) to keep the tick on the player's side
(b) to move the tick to the other side
(c) to move the tick in a perfect circle
(d) to keep the tick moving
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polly give Tom as reward for finishing his chore?
2. What happens to the boys' raft?
3. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
4. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
5. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom tutor Becky in when they meet surreptitiously during lunch?
2. Where do Tom and Huck agree to meet next?
3. What grievance does Injun Joe have against the doctor?
4. What is Tom dissatisfied with by the end of the Sunday service?
5. What are the boys' reactions to realizing that the townspeople think they're dead?
6. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
7. Describe what Tom draws on his slate for Becky.
8. Why does Tom realize that Muff Potter cannot tell the true story?
9. Describe what Tom hears while he waits for Huck.
10. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)