|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's recent accomplishment?
(a) learning to throw a spitball
(b) learning to whistle
(c) learning to write in cursive
(d) learning to catch tree frogs
2. What does Tom trade his tooth for?
(a) a tick
(b) an arrow
(c) a marble
(d) a matchbook
3. What does the preacher do at the funeral service?
(c) gets angry
4. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to go steady
(b) to be engaged
(c) to meet him on the weekend
(d) to run away with him
5. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
(a) a loose tooth
(b) an upset stomach
(c) a cut on his knee
(d) a sprained wrist
Short Answer Questions
1. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
2. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
3. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
4. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
5. What does the schoolmaster do after learning of the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Amy Lawrence's reactions during Sunday School.
2. Describe what Tom hears while he waits for Huck.
3. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
4. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
5. Describe Polly's reaction when Tom says he's done with the whitewashing.
6. What about Tom's behavior at school strikes Sid as strange?
7. Describe the graveyard.
8. What does the minister say about the boys at the funeral?
9. What is Tom and Joe's plan to run away?
10. How does Tom find his lost marble?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)