|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Potter say when he's caught?
(a) He claims that he didn't kill the doctor.
(b) He says that he doesn't remember what happened.
(c) He accuses Injun Joe of committing the murder.
(d) He confesses to the killing.
2. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
(c) "You win!"
(d) "I give!"
3. What noise does Tom make out the window, before climbing down?
(a) a coyote's howl
(b) a cat's meow
(c) a crow's caw
(d) a dog's yowl
4. What does Muff leave behind?
(a) his shoe
(b) a cigarette butt
(c) his jacket
(d) the murder weapon
5. How does Tom feel when he gets to school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the battle?
2. What happens to the doctor?
3. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
4. What does Huck tell Tom is bound to happen if the doctor is dead?
5. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Tom draws on his slate for Becky.
2. Describe the graveyard.
3. What do the villagers want to do to Injun Joe?
4. What has Mary earned in Sunday School, and what did she have to do to earn it?
5. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's disappearance?
6. What mistake does Tom make that gives away to Polly that he played hooky?
7. Describe Aunt Polly's dilemma in punishing Tom.
8. What about Tom's behavior at school strikes Sid as strange?
9. Describe Polly's reaction when Tom says he's done with the whitewashing.
10. Why does Tom confess that he stopped to talk with Huckleberry Finn on the way to school?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)