|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men at the graveyard for?
(a) to bury a body
(b) to bury treasure
(c) to rob a grave
(d) to steal a tombstone
2. What wakes Tom the next morning?
(a) Sid pours water on Tom.
(b) Tom wakes on his own.
(c) Aunt Polly yells at Tom to wake him.
(d) Mary shakes Tom awake.
3. Where has Tom heard of the ailment he fakes?
(a) in a book
(b) from a teacher
(c) from a friend at school
(d) from a doctor
4. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
(a) They hold inquests on dead cats.
(b) They make trips to the graveyard to find souvenirs.
(c) They sing a song about Murdering Muff.
(d) They reinact the murder in the schoolyard.
5. What tonic does Aunt Polly give Tom to bring him out of his depressed mood?
(c) Reviving oil
(d) Cure-all elixir
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Tom leave Aunt Polly his note?
2. What does Muff leave behind?
3. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
4. Why does Tom decide to run away?
5. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
2. Describe Huck's reaction to living with the Widow Douglas.
3. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
4. What is Tom and Joe's plan to run away?
5. What happens during Tom's speech on examination day?
6. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
7. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
8. What does Huck caution Tom about when speaking of the dead?
9. Does the Welshman take credit for saving Widow Douglas?
10. Describe Aunt Polly's dilemma in punishing Tom.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)