|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
(a) paper balls
2. What is Tom's reaction to his bath?
(a) Tom hates taking a bath and tries to only pretend to take one.
(b) Tom procrastinates in the bath, playing sailor.
(c) Tom sings loudly and out of key in the bath.
(d) Tom goes to sleep in the bath because he's bored.
3. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
(a) Becky won't even mourn for him.
(b) His aunt will miss him.
(c) His Sunday School record is not good.
(d) Mary and Sid will miss him.
4. What does Tom give to Becky?
(a) a pear
(b) a peach
(c) an orange
(d) an apple
5. What source of food do the boys find on the island?
(a) a fishing pond
(b) peach trees
(c) turtle eggs
(d) wild chickens
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's recent accomplishment?
2. What happens to the boys' raft?
3. What does Tom say will happen if the boys break their pact?
4. Where does Tom sneak off to during the night on the island?
5. How is Aunt Polly related to Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Tom talks and is restless in his sleep, how is his behavior explained?
2. Describe what Tom draws on his slate for Becky.
3. How does Tom trick other boys into doing his work for him?
4. How does Tom find his lost marble?
5. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
6. What is Tom's objection after the initial reaction to the boys' homecoming?
7. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
8. Describe Aunt Polly's dilemma in punishing Tom.
9. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
10. What does Huck caution Tom about when speaking of the dead?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)