|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do to stop himself from talking in his sleep?
(a) He drinks cinnamon and chamomile tea.
(b) He stuffs the covers into his mouth.
(c) He ties up his jaw, complaining of toothache.
(d) He sleeps on his stomach with his head in the pillow.
2. What do the townspeople use to try to make the boys' bodies come to the surface?
(b) a cannon
3. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) nine o'clock
(b) ten o'clock
(c) twelve o'clock
(d) eleven o'clock
4. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
(a) The animal runs off when they approach.
(b) The animal is sitting in a patch of daisies.
(c) The animal's back is to them.
(d) The animal has a white stripe.
5. What game does Tom play with Joe Harper?
(a) Robin Hood
(b) King of the Hill
(c) Civil War
(d) Cowboys and Indians
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the graveyard located?
2. What does Huck teach the other boys?
3. Where are the boys during their funeral?
4. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
5. What do the boys play after the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the graveyard.
2. What is Tom's objection after the initial reaction to the boys' homecoming?
3. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's disappearance?
4. Why does Tom confess that he stopped to talk with Huckleberry Finn on the way to school?
5. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
6. What does Sid do to try to hear what Tom is saying in his sleep?
7. Describe some of the ways Tom and Huck discuss to remove warts.
8. Describe the reaction to the Sunday School visitors.
9. What mistake does Tom make that gives away to Polly that he played hooky?
10. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)