|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom imagine after his aunt hits him and does not apologize?
(a) dying without forgiving her
(b) lightning from heaven striking her
(c) running away to the big city
(d) stealing the quilt she's making
2. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
3. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) nine o'clock
(b) eleven o'clock
(c) twelve o'clock
(d) ten o'clock
4. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to be engaged
(b) to run away with him
(c) to go steady
(d) to meet him on the weekend
5. What does Huck teach the other boys?
(a) how to make a lean-to
(b) how to smoke
(c) how to fish
(d) how to make a fire
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Tom and Huck think Muff Potter, Injun Joe, and Doctor Robinson are when they first approach?
2. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
3. What does Tom write the pact between the boys on?
4. What do the boys play after the storm?
5. Who wins the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Huck caution Tom about when speaking of the dead?
2. Describe Aunt Polly's dilemma in punishing Tom.
3. How does Tom find his lost marble?
4. What do Tom and Huck do with their pact after they sign it?
5. Describe what Tom hears while he waits for Huck.
6. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
7. What does the minister say about the boys at the funeral?
8. What is Tom dissatisfied with by the end of the Sunday service?
9. Describe the graveyard.
10. What does Tom tutor Becky in when they meet surreptitiously during lunch?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)