|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say will happen if the boys break their pact?
(a) They will suffer an agonizing illness.
(b) They will go to Hell.
(c) They will never be friends again.
(d) They will drop down dead.
2. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
(d) paper balls
3. What is the potential consequence Tom heard that the illness could have?
(a) being paralyzed
(b) losing a finger
(c) needing an operation
(d) falling into a coma
4. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) a new Bible
(b) new Sunday clothes
(c) a shiny cross
(d) a Sunday hat
5. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
(a) an acrobat
(b) a statesman
(c) an actor
(d) a pirate
Short Answer Questions
1. What serves as a field for their tick game?
2. What does Tom do with the tonic?
3. Where has Tom heard of the ailment he fakes?
4. Where has Tom's cousin Mary been for the last week?
5. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's disappearance?
2. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
3. Describe the analogy between Peter, the cat, and Tom.
4. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
5. Describe Aunt Polly's dilemma in punishing Tom.
6. Describe some of the ways Tom and Huck discuss to remove warts.
7. Why does Tom confess that he stopped to talk with Huckleberry Finn on the way to school?
8. Describe Amy Lawrence's reactions during Sunday School.
9. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
10. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)