|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the boys during their funeral?
(a) in the basement store room
(b) in the unused gallery
(c) under the altar
(d) behind the last row of pews
2. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a rowboat
(b) a ferryboat
(c) a sloop
(d) a barge
3. What does Ben trade to Tom?
(a) a peach
(b) an apple
(c) a pear
(d) an orange
4. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
(a) by the mayor's announcement
(b) by word of mouth
(c) by the newspaper
(d) by telegraph
5. Where does Tom go to be alone?
(a) an empty cabin in the woods
(b) a field out by the fishing pond
(c) a crawlspace under the school
(d) a log raft in the river
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
2. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
3. What does Tom write the pact between the boys on?
4. What do the boys play after the storm?
5. What source of food do the boys find on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom trick other boys into doing his work for him?
2. What is Tom and Joe's plan to run away?
3. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
4. What does the minister say about the boys at the funeral?
5. Why does Tom realize that Muff Potter cannot tell the true story?
6. What do the villagers want to do to Injun Joe?
7. How does Tom find his lost marble?
8. Describe what Tom hears while he waits for Huck.
9. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
10. What story does Huck Finn recall to cast doubt on the omen the boys see?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)