|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) new shoes
(b) a knife
(c) a slingshot
(d) a fishing pole
2. Who does Tom give a dose of tonic to?
(b) Aunt Polly
(c) the cat
3. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
(a) She gives him an apple to bite into.
(b) She pulls it out with string.
(c) She gives him gum to chew.
(d) She pulls it out with pliers.
4. What do Joe and Tom feel guilty about?
(a) keeping secrets from their parents
(b) robbing a boat on the river
(c) taking the raft
(d) stealing food from their homes
5. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
(a) pretending to be a monkey
(b) impersonating a steamboat
(c) imagining he's an airplane
(d) mimicking a schoolteacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becky wish she had?
2. What does the stranger do through the window while Tom stands outside his house?
3. Where has Tom heard of the ailment he fakes?
4. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
5. What does Tom trade his tooth for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Tom make that gives away to Polly that he played hooky?
2. Describe what Tom draws on his slate for Becky.
3. What happens at the Fourth of July celebration?
4. How does Mrs. Thatcher react as Tuesday comes and Becky is still missing?
5. When Tom talks and is restless in his sleep, how is his behavior explained?
6. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
7. What is Tom's objection after the initial reaction to the boys' homecoming?
8. What good deed does Tom do for Becky?
9. What does Tom make Becky whisper in his ear?
10. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)