|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a sloop
(b) a rowboat
(c) a ferryboat
(d) a barge
2. What does Sid do that Tom gets blamed for?
(a) Sid breaks the sugar bowl.
(b) Sid hides the napkins.
(c) Sid eats all the dessert.
(d) Sid lets the cat out.
3. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) apples and bread
(b) dry crackers
(c) cheese and stolen eggs
(d) bacon and fish
4. What happens to the doctor?
(a) Injun Joe stabs him.
(b) Muff knocks him on the head.
(c) Muff strangles him.
(d) Injun Joe shoots him.
5. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
(a) Tom shows off by doing tricks on the sidewalk.
(b) Tom asks him to play with the boys in the woods.
(c) Tom pretends to ignore her.
(d) Tom pulls her out of the window and runs down to the river with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
2. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
3. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's professed illness?
4. How does Tom feel when he gets to school?
5. What does Ben trade to Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
2. What does Sid do to try to hear what Tom is saying in his sleep?
3. What does Huck caution Tom about when speaking of the dead?
4. Describe the graveyard.
5. What story does Huck Finn recall to cast doubt on the omen the boys see?
6. Where do Tom and Huck agree to meet next?
7. Describe what Tom hears while he waits for Huck.
8. Why does Tom confess that he stopped to talk with Huckleberry Finn on the way to school?
9. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
10. How does Tom trick Aunt Polly so that he can escape?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)