|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
(a) pretending to be a monkey
(b) impersonating a steamboat
(c) imagining he's an airplane
(d) mimicking a schoolteacher
2. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
(a) She weeps over him and tells him to go ahead and break her heart.
(b) She pretends she doesn't know what happened.
(c) She yells at him and kicks him out of the house.
(d) She spanks him until he cries.
3. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
(a) A man who identified Potter as buying the murder weapon.
(b) A man who saw Potter meeting secretively with the doctor.
(c) A man who saw Potter washing in a stream in the early hours.
(d) A man who heard Potter threaten the doctor.
4. What person does Tom make up to threaten the stranger with?
(a) a friend who is a schoolmaster
(b) a big brother
(c) a powerful father
(d) a big sister
5. Why doesn't Huck want to tell what the boys saw?
(a) He doesn't want to have to testify in court.
(b) He's afraid he'll be arrested.
(c) He's afraid no one will believe them.
(d) He's afraid Injun Joe might kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Muff leave behind?
2. Who is Jim?
3. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
4. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
5. What wakes Tom the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Sid and Tom different?
2. What grievance does Injun Joe have against the doctor?
3. Describe what Tom draws on his slate for Becky.
4. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
5. Describe Aunt Polly's dilemma in punishing Tom.
6. What does Sid do to try to hear what Tom is saying in his sleep?
7. What story does Huck Finn recall to cast doubt on the omen the boys see?
8. Describe the graveyard.
9. What is Tom dissatisfied with by the end of the Sunday service?
10. Describe some of the ways Tom and Huck discuss to remove warts.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)