|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom imagine after his aunt hits him and does not apologize?
(a) stealing the quilt she's making
(b) dying without forgiving her
(c) running away to the big city
(d) lightning from heaven striking her
2. Who does Tom give a dose of tonic to?
(a) Aunt Polly
(d) the cat
3. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
(a) a spider
(b) a grasshopper
(c) a beetle
(d) a ladybug
4. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) ten o'clock
(b) eleven o'clock
(c) nine o'clock
(d) twelve o'clock
5. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
(a) a sword wound
(c) an arrow
(d) being stoned
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
2. What is Tom's reaction to his bath?
3. What source of food do the boys find on the island?
4. What do the boys play after the storm?
5. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What grievance does Injun Joe have against the doctor?
2. Describe Amy Lawrence's reactions during Sunday School.
3. What is Tom and Joe's plan to run away?
4. What does Huck caution Tom about when speaking of the dead?
5. Describe the analogy between Peter, the cat, and Tom.
6. What are the boys' reactions to realizing that the townspeople think they're dead?
7. Describe Polly's reaction when Tom says he's done with the whitewashing.
8. What has Mary earned in Sunday School, and what did she have to do to earn it?
9. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
10. What story does Huck Finn recall to cast doubt on the omen the boys see?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)