|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
(a) an upset stomach
(b) a sprained wrist
(c) a loose tooth
(d) a cut on his knee
2. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
(a) a brass knob
(b) a silver teacup
(c) a ribbon
(d) a flower
3. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a pansy
(b) a daisy
(c) a rose
(d) a carnation
4. What is the object of the game?
(a) to keep the tick moving
(b) to keep the tick on the player's side
(c) to move the tick in a perfect circle
(d) to move the tick to the other side
5. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a barge
(b) a ferryboat
(c) a sloop
(d) a rowboat
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Huck want to tell what the boys saw?
2. What is Tom's recent accomplishment?
3. What do the three men have with them?
4. What do the townspeople use to try to make the boys' bodies come to the surface?
5. What do the boys play after the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's disappearance?
2. Describe what Tom hears while he waits for Huck.
3. What does the minister say about the boys at the funeral?
4. What do the villagers want to do to Injun Joe?
5. Describe Aunt Polly's dilemma in punishing Tom.
6. Where do Tom and Huck agree to meet next?
7. How are Sid and Tom different?
8. What story does Huck Finn recall to cast doubt on the omen the boys see?
9. What does Tom tutor Becky in when they meet surreptitiously during lunch?
10. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)