Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) new shoes
(b) a knife
(c) a fishing pole
(d) a slingshot
2. What does Muff leave behind?
(a) his jacket
(b) a cigarette butt
(c) his shoe
(d) the murder weapon
3. How does Tom get his tickets?
(a) Tom trades the other children for their tickets.
(b) Tom makes his own fake tickets.
(c) Tom does chores to earn tickets.
(d) Tom steals tickets from the other children.
4. Why does Tom decide to run away?
(a) Tom is failing in school and will be held back.
(b) He is afraid Huck will break their pact.
(c) Becky scorns him when she comes back to school.
(d) Aunt Polly won't stop giving him medicines.
5. How does Huck sign his name?
(a) Huck writes out his full given name.
(b) Huck writes "Mr. Finn."
(c) Huck makes an X instead of his name.
(d) Tom shows Huck how to make an H and an F.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom give a dose of tonic to?
2. What does Huck tell Tom is bound to happen if the doctor is dead?
3. Who wins the battle?
4. What does Tom ask Becky?
5. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the boys' reactions to realizing that the townspeople think they're dead?
2. What happens to Tom and Huck's treasure?
3. How are Sid and Tom different?
4. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
5. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
6. Describe Polly's reaction when Tom says he's done with the whitewashing.
7. What mistake does Tom make that gives away to Polly that he played hooky?
8. What do the villagers want to do to Injun Joe?
9. What about Tom's behavior at school strikes Sid as strange?
10. What is Tom and Joe's plan to run away?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)