|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
(a) devils coming to get their own
(b) scavengers coming for the corpses
(c) witches' familiars gathering
(d) spirits of the dead
2. Why does Tom decide to run away?
(a) Becky scorns him when she comes back to school.
(b) Tom is failing in school and will be held back.
(c) He is afraid Huck will break their pact.
(d) Aunt Polly won't stop giving him medicines.
3. What animal gets into a conflict with the bug Tom has brought into church?
(a) a canary
(b) a cat
(c) a poodle
(d) a piglet
4. Does Tom leave Aunt Polly his note?
(a) Yes, he leaves the note by the bedside, but the wind blows it away.
(b) Yes, he leaves the note on her bed.
(c) No, he changes his mind at the last minute.
(d) No, he never planned to give Polly a note.
5. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a rose
(b) a carnation
(c) a daisy
(d) a pansy
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople use to try to make the boys' bodies come to the surface?
2. Does Sid believe Tom is sick?
3. What do the three men have with them?
4. What does Sid do that Tom gets blamed for?
5. What does Tom say will happen if the boys break their pact?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Tom and Huck agree to meet next?
2. How does Tom find his lost marble?
3. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
4. What do Tom and Huck do with their pact after they sign it?
5. When Tom talks and is restless in his sleep, how is his behavior explained?
6. What does Tom tutor Becky in when they meet surreptitiously during lunch?
7. Describe what Tom draws on his slate for Becky.
8. Describe the reaction to the Sunday School visitors.
9. What are the boys' reactions to realizing that the townspeople think they're dead?
10. What does the minister say about the boys at the funeral?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)