|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) a shiny cross
(b) new Sunday clothes
(c) a Sunday hat
(d) a new Bible
2. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
(a) scavengers coming for the corpses
(b) witches' familiars gathering
(c) spirits of the dead
(d) devils coming to get their own
3. How many tickets are needed to earn a prize?
(a) twenty red tickets
(b) fifty green tickets
(c) five blue tickets
(d) ten yellow tickets
4. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
5. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) ten o'clock
(b) twelve o'clock
(c) nine o'clock
(d) eleven o'clock
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has earned the most rewards in Tom's Sunday School?
2. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
3. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
4. What does Polly give Tom as reward for finishing his chore?
5. Who comes to visit the Sunday School class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tom confess that he stopped to talk with Huckleberry Finn on the way to school?
2. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
3. What does Sid do to try to hear what Tom is saying in his sleep?
4. What story does Huck Finn recall to cast doubt on the omen the boys see?
5. What does Tom tutor Becky in when they meet surreptitiously during lunch?
6. What is Tom's objection after the initial reaction to the boys' homecoming?
7. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
8. How are Sid and Tom different?
9. What does the minister say about the boys at the funeral?
10. Describe Amy Lawrence's reactions during Sunday School.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)