|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom sneak off to during the night on the island?
(a) the town hall
(b) Aunt Polly's house
(c) Joe's house
(d) the schoolhouse
2. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
(a) opposing generals
(b) general and president
(c) allied generals
(d) general and lieutenant
3. How is Aunt Polly related to Tom?
(a) Tom is Polly's brother's son.
(b) Tom is Polly's sister's son.
(c) Tom is Polly's husband's sister's son.
(d) Tom is Polly's husband's brother's son.
4. What does the schoolmaster do after learning of the news?
(a) He holds a school assembly.
(b) He gives the classes a ten minute mourning period.
(c) He leaves school but makes the teachers continue working.
(d) He closes the school for the day.
5. What do Tom and Huck take as an omen that they will die?
(a) an owl's cry
(b) a fox eating a rat
(c) a stray dog howling
(d) a black cat yowling
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom decide to run away?
2. What does Tom do when he plays hooky?
3. How does Tom get his tickets?
4. What does Tom do with the tonic?
5. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Tom make that gives away to Polly that he played hooky?
2. What do the villagers want to do to Injun Joe?
3. Describe Polly's reaction when Tom says he's done with the whitewashing.
4. Describe what Tom draws on his slate for Becky.
5. What about Tom's behavior at school strikes Sid as strange?
6. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
7. Describe the reaction to the Sunday School visitors.
8. What has Mary earned in Sunday School, and what did she have to do to earn it?
9. Describe Amy Lawrence's reactions during Sunday School.
10. What does Tom tutor Becky in when they meet surreptitiously during lunch?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)