|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom trade his tooth for?
(a) a tick
(b) an arrow
(c) a matchbook
(d) a marble
2. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a sloop
(b) a ferryboat
(c) a rowboat
(d) a barge
3. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a daisy
(b) a rose
(c) a pansy
(d) a carnation
4. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
(a) He says something bad about her cousin.
(b) He says he doesn't like her hair.
(c) He mentions his old girlfriend.
(d) He says he doesn't like her dress.
5. Who do Tom and Huck think Muff Potter, Injun Joe, and Doctor Robinson are when they first approach?
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
2. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
3. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
4. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
5. Who wins the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
2. Describe what Tom draws on his slate for Becky.
3. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
4. Describe Polly's reaction when Tom says he's done with the whitewashing.
5. How does Tom get shooed away from Jeff Thatcher's house?
6. What about Tom's behavior at school strikes Sid as strange?
7. Describe the reaction to the Sunday School visitors.
8. What do Tom and Huck do with their pact after they sign it?
9. How does Tom find his lost marble?
10. Describe Amy Lawrence's reactions during Sunday School.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)