|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom write the pact between the boys on?
(a) a piece of his shirt
(b) a flat rock
(c) a gum wrapper
(d) a pine shingle
2. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
(a) He says something bad about her cousin.
(b) He says he doesn't like her dress.
(c) He mentions his old girlfriend.
(d) He says he doesn't like her hair.
3. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
(a) a beetle
(b) a spider
(c) a ladybug
(d) a grasshopper
4. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
(a) a cut on his knee
(b) a loose tooth
(c) a sprained wrist
(d) an upset stomach
5. How does Tom wake Sid?
(a) Tom shakes Sid and calls his name.
(b) Tom's moaning wakes Sid.
(c) Tom splashes water on Sid.
(d) Tom pushes Sid out of bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Huck take as an omen that they will die?
2. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
3. Where is the graveyard located?
4. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
5. Where does Tom go to be alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reaction to the Sunday School visitors.
2. Describe what Tom hears while he waits for Huck.
3. Describe Amy Lawrence's reactions during Sunday School.
4. What is Tom's prior experience with the boy he saw Becky with?
5. How does Tom trick Aunt Polly so that he can escape?
6. What evidence of Becky and Tom do the searchers find in the cave?
7. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
8. Describe what happens in the courtroom during Tom's testimony.
9. What is kept in the mysterious room at the tavern?
10. Where do Tom and Huck agree to meet next?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)