|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Tom the next morning?
(a) Mary shakes Tom awake.
(b) Tom wakes on his own.
(c) Sid pours water on Tom.
(d) Aunt Polly yells at Tom to wake him.
2. What does Muff leave behind?
(a) his shoe
(b) the murder weapon
(c) his jacket
(d) a cigarette butt
3. What do the boys use to prick their fingers?
(a) the tip of a pen
(b) a brass pin
(c) a pine needle
(d) Tom's needle
4. What does Tom answer when the judge asks him who the first two apostles were?
(a) David and Goliath
(b) Mary and Joseph
(c) Peter and Paul
(d) Abraham and Isaac
5. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) eleven o'clock
(b) ten o'clock
(c) twelve o'clock
(d) nine o'clock
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Becky meet Tom at lunchtime?
2. What does Tom steal as he goes out to play after whitewashing the fence?
3. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
4. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
5. What does Tom try to do during the sermon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom and Joe's plan to run away?
2. How does Tom trick other boys into doing his work for him?
3. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
4. What does Huck caution Tom about when speaking of the dead?
5. What do the villagers want to do to Injun Joe?
6. How does Tom find his lost marble?
7. What does Tom tutor Becky in when they meet surreptitiously during lunch?
8. What story does Huck Finn recall to cast doubt on the omen the boys see?
9. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
10. What does the minister say about the boys at the funeral?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)