|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
(a) witches' familiars gathering
(b) devils coming to get their own
(c) spirits of the dead
(d) scavengers coming for the corpses
2. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a sloop
(b) a rowboat
(c) a ferryboat
(d) a barge
3. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
(a) a silver teacup
(b) a brass knob
(c) a flower
(d) a ribbon
4. Where is Potter caught?
(a) in the tannery
(b) at the graveyard
(c) in the town square
(d) in the woods
5. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
(a) Potter thinks someone saw him running from the scene.
(b) Potter thinks the doctor has recovered and accused him.
(c) Potter thinks his footprints were found at the graveyard.
(d) Potter thinks Injun Joe has accused him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
2. What does Sid do that Tom gets blamed for?
3. What does Tom write the pact between the boys on?
4. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
5. Why doesn't Huck want to tell what the boys saw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Tom's behavior at school strikes Sid as strange?
2. When Tom talks and is restless in his sleep, how is his behavior explained?
3. Where do Tom and Huck agree to meet next?
4. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
5. Describe Amy Lawrence's reactions during Sunday School.
6. What do the boys do after witnessing the murder?
7. Describe Polly's reaction when Tom says he's done with the whitewashing.
8. Describe what Tom draws on his slate for Becky.
9. Describe Tom's high spirits at suppertime.
10. What are the boys' reactions to realizing that the townspeople think they're dead?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)