|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
(a) opposing generals
(b) general and president
(c) allied generals
(d) general and lieutenant
2. How many tickets are needed to earn a prize?
(a) five blue tickets
(b) fifty green tickets
(c) twenty red tickets
(d) ten yellow tickets
3. Where has Tom's cousin Mary been for the last week?
(a) at a Bible school
(b) in the country
(c) visiting her grandmother
(d) at an art school
4. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
(a) paper balls
5. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to go steady
(b) to meet him on the weekend
(c) to be engaged
(d) to run away with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben trade to Tom?
2. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
3. How does Tom wake Sid?
4. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
5. What does Tom throw at Sid as he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom's objection after the initial reaction to the boys' homecoming?
2. What is Tom and Joe's plan to run away?
3. Describe the reaction to the Sunday School visitors.
4. What do Tom and Becky talk about before their discussion turns to romance?
5. Describe the analogy between Peter, the cat, and Tom.
6. Describe Polly's reaction when Tom says he's done with the whitewashing.
7. What does the minister say about the boys at the funeral?
8. What does Huck caution Tom about when speaking of the dead?
9. What does Tom tutor Becky in when they meet surreptitiously during lunch?
10. When Tom talks and is restless in his sleep, how is his behavior explained?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)