|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom find in No. 2?
(b) an empty treasure boxes
(c) a stash of mysterious locked boxes
(d) Injun Joe, drunk on the floor
2. What does Tom say that he dreamed?
(a) witnessing the doctor's death at the graveyard
(b) the townspeople on the ferry searching for the boys' bodies
(c) the scene of him appearing in the church at his funeral
(d) the scene he witnessed when he sneaked over to the house
3. What is Judge Thatcher's feeling toward Tom?
4. How far away from the cave entrance are Becky and Tom when they emerge?
(a) five miles
(b) 50 feet
(c) ten miles
(d) three miles
5. What does Tom and Huck's treasure lead local men to do?
(a) dig up under every local tree
(b) dig out the whole cave
(c) tear up haunted houses
(d) dig up every haunt of Injun Joe's
6. When does Mrs. Thatcher find out that Becky's not where she's supposed to be?
(a) at church Sunday morning
(b) when Becky doesn't come home from the picnic Saturday night
(c) when Mrs. Harper visits the Thatcher house
(d) in the town square Sunday morning
7. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
(a) go find Tom
(b) search No. 2
(c) follow them
(d) sound an alarm
8. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
9. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
(a) He's afraid it's a dream.
(b) He's decided to give up on the treasure.
(c) He has thought of a scheme to get the treasure.
(d) He's thought of a scheme to capture Injun Joe.
10. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
11. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
(a) They get caught and sent to prison or flee the country.
(b) Their treasure maps get lost, destroyed, or stolen.
(c) They forget the marks that identify the spot or else they die.
(d) They get doublecrossed by their partners and stranded.
12. What is the title of the first-prize composition?
(a) Is this, then, Life?
(b) The Advantages of Culture
(c) A Vision
(d) A Missouri Maiden's Farewell to Alabama
13. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
(a) Washington's Farewell Address
(b) the Sermon on the Mount
(c) the Gettysburg Address
(d) Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
14. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be a lawyer
(b) to be the mayor
(c) to be an actor
(d) to be a doctor
15. How does Becky make Tom jealous?
(a) by talking with Bill Miller
(b) by sitting next to Ben Rodgers
(c) by kissing Joe Harper
(d) by sitting and reading with Alfred Temple
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the first closet Huck and Tom search in the haunted house?
2. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
3. What does Tom say the Widow Douglas has for children?
4. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
5. Before the trial, does any of the town gossip speculate that Muff Potter is innocent?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)