|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
(b) Huck tells Polly the truth.
(c) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(d) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
2. What does Tom say the Widow Douglas has for children?
(d) ice cream
3. What does Tom find in No. 2?
(a) Injun Joe, drunk on the floor
(b) a stash of mysterious locked boxes
(c) an empty treasure boxes
4. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
(a) stayed away longer
(b) come back home sooner
(c) come to let her know he was alive
(d) waited until after the funeral to reveal himself
5. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
(a) They forget the marks that identify the spot or else they die.
(b) They get doublecrossed by their partners and stranded.
(c) Their treasure maps get lost, destroyed, or stolen.
(d) They get caught and sent to prison or flee the country.
6. How does Tom react to Becky when he goes back to school?
(a) He follows her everywhere.
(b) He shows off for her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He asks her to forgive him.
7. How long does Tom have to stay after school?
(a) two hours
(b) one hour
(c) half an hour
(d) forty-five minutes
8. What is the title of the first-prize composition?
(a) A Missouri Maiden's Farewell to Alabama
(b) A Vision
(c) The Advantages of Culture
(d) Is this, then, Life?
9. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
(a) the Sermon on the Mount
(b) Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
(c) Washington's Farewell Address
(d) the Gettysburg Address
10. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
(a) to stop Becky from starting a fire
(b) on accident, while he is blowing a bug away
(c) to save their candles for the future
(d) to scare Becky with the darkness
11. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
(a) He's decided to give up on the treasure.
(b) He's afraid it's a dream.
(c) He's thought of a scheme to capture Injun Joe.
(d) He has thought of a scheme to get the treasure.
12. What day of the week is a bad day to visit a haunted house?
13. How far away from the cave entrance are Becky and Tom when they emerge?
(a) ten miles
(b) three miles
(c) 50 feet
(d) five miles
14. What had Joe found in the cave to eat?
(a) beetles and rats
(b) bats and candle wax
(c) mushrooms and snails
(d) soapstone and snakes
15. What does Huck say he'd do with treasure?
(a) run away to Europe
(b) give it to his father
(c) save it to live on
(d) buy pie and soda every day
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Joe gotten water?
2. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
3. What is in the first closet Huck and Tom search in the haunted house?
4. Who is the first friend who agrees to go hunting for treasure with Tom?
5. Who takes care of Huck when he's ill?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)