|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
2. What is the cave opening shaped like?
(a) a thin tree branch
(b) the letter A
(c) a keyhole
(d) a big circle
3. Why does Tom join the Cadets of Temperance?
(a) He's decided to turn over a new leaf.
(b) His aunt makes him.
(c) He wants to impress Becky.
(d) He likes their uniforms.
4. What happens to Injun Joe's accomplice?
(a) He is found stabbed to death in the haunted house.
(b) His body is found in the river, likely drowned.
(c) He is captured but hangs himself in the jail.
(d) He is found with his neck broken outside of town.
5. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
(a) No, Huck never thinks about giving away the secret.
(b) No, but Huck is sorely tempted to tell the truth.
(c) Yes, Huck tells him right away.
(d) Yes, but only after much prompting and promising to protect Huck.
6. How far away from the cave entrance are Becky and Tom when they emerge?
(a) three miles
(b) five miles
(c) 50 feet
(d) ten miles
7. What is Judge Thatcher's feeling toward Tom?
8. What makes Aunt Polly able to forgive Tom anything?
(a) Tom tells her that the only reason he came back was to stop her from grieving.
(b) Joe tells her that Tom was the one that convinced them to come back.
(c) She remembers how she felt when she thought Tom was dead.
(d) She discovers the note in his jacket, so she knows he wasn't lying.
9. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
10. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
(a) He fears the person is hinting Tom knows something.
(b) He fears the doctor's ghost will rise up.
(c) He fears Muff Potter will not be convicted.
(d) He fears he will be accused of the murder.
11. What does Tom find in No. 2?
(a) an empty treasure boxes
(b) a stash of mysterious locked boxes
(c) Injun Joe, drunk on the floor
12. When does Mrs. Thatcher find out that Becky's not where she's supposed to be?
(a) when Mrs. Harper visits the Thatcher house
(b) in the town square Sunday morning
(c) when Becky doesn't come home from the picnic Saturday night
(d) at church Sunday morning
13. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
(a) a knife with a broken blade
(b) a gold coin with a word etched into it
(c) a stick warn down and broken
(d) a piece of yellow paper with strange markings
14. What does Tom say that he dreamed?
(a) the scene of him appearing in the church at his funeral
(b) witnessing the doctor's death at the graveyard
(c) the scene he witnessed when he sneaked over to the house
(d) the townspeople on the ferry searching for the boys' bodies
15. Who takes care of Huck when he's ill?
(a) Huck's father
(b) Widow Douglas
(c) Aunt Polly
(d) the Welshman
Short Answer Questions
1. What disconcerts Becky when Tom shouts to the other picnickers?
2. Why does Tom not want to go back through the caves the way he and Becky came?
3. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
4. What does Tom see that shows him the way out of the cave?
5. During the trial, what does the defense attorney ask the witness who saw Muff Potter washing at a creek?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)