|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widow Douglas say she will do for Huck?
(a) get him a fishing boat and equipment to become a fisherman
(b) buy him a house, new clothes, and furniture
(c) take care of him and give him money to start in business
(d) put him in her will
2. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
(a) Washington's Farewell Address
(b) Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
(c) the Sermon on the Mount
(d) the Gettysburg Address
3. What does Tom dump onto the table?
(a) gold ore
(b) gold coins
(c) packs of money
4. What is in the first closet Huck and Tom search in the haunted house?
(b) a bricked up door
(c) a cat
(d) a pile of cobwebs
5. Who tells Tom that the Welshman is going to announce Huck's role in saving the Widow Douglas?
(c) Aunt Polly
6. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Huck tells Polly the truth.
(b) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(c) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
(d) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
7. Who takes care of Huck when he's ill?
(a) the Welshman
(b) Widow Douglas
(c) Huck's father
(d) Aunt Polly
8. What is the title of the first-prize composition?
(a) Is this, then, Life?
(b) A Missouri Maiden's Farewell to Alabama
(c) The Advantages of Culture
(d) A Vision
9. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
(a) Tom didn't want to betray his fellow pirates, Joe and Huck.
(b) Tom thought Polly would be angry if she knew he'd been to the house.
(c) Tom didn't want Sid and Mary to find out he was alive.
(d) Tom didn't want to spoil the effect of appearing at the funeral.
10. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
(a) play Robin Hood
(b) make their own treasure maps
(c) slingshot target practice
(d) fish in the river
11. What does Tom and Huck's treasure lead local men to do?
(a) dig up under every local tree
(b) dig out the whole cave
(c) dig up every haunt of Injun Joe's
(d) tear up haunted houses
12. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
13. When does Mrs. Thatcher find out that Becky's not where she's supposed to be?
(a) in the town square Sunday morning
(b) when Mrs. Harper visits the Thatcher house
(c) at church Sunday morning
(d) when Becky doesn't come home from the picnic Saturday night
14. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
(a) Injun Joe could track him down with the towel.
(b) His aunt would kill him for losing the towel.
(c) Huck would kill him for losing the towel.
(d) Sid would snitch on Tom if he came back without the towel.
15. What day of the week is a bad day to visit a haunted house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Huck's attitude toward marriage?
2. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
3. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
4. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
5. Where does Joe tell his partner he plans on running after the "dangerous" job?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)