|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
(a) He tears up Tom's math book.
(b) He pours ink on Tom's spelling book.
(c) He sneaks into Tom's house and breaks dishes.
(d) He stops Tom on the street and fights him.
2. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
3. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
(b) Huck tells Polly the truth.
(c) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
(d) Joe tells Polly the truth.
4. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
(a) a piece of yellow paper with strange markings
(b) a gold coin with a word etched into it
(c) a stick warn down and broken
(d) a knife with a broken blade
5. How long does Tom have to stay after school?
(a) two hours
(b) one hour
(c) half an hour
(d) forty-five minutes
6. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
(a) follow them
(b) sound an alarm
(c) search No. 2
(d) go find Tom
7. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
(a) make their own treasure maps
(b) slingshot target practice
(c) play Robin Hood
(d) fish in the river
8. Before the trial, does any of the town gossip speculate that Muff Potter is innocent?
(a) No, everyone in town thinks Muff is a murderer.
(b) No, but many people find it hard to believe Muff is a murderer.
(c) Yes, a large number of people are skeptical that Muff is a murderer.
(d) Yes, a few people won't believe that Muff is a killer.
9. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
(b) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
(c) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
(d) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
10. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
(a) He's decided to give up on the treasure.
(b) He has thought of a scheme to get the treasure.
(c) He's afraid it's a dream.
(d) He's thought of a scheme to capture Injun Joe.
11. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
(a) a gold coin
(b) burglar's tools
(c) Injun Joe's eye patch
(d) a heavy club
12. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
13. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
(a) He fears Muff Potter will not be convicted.
(b) He fears the person is hinting Tom knows something.
(c) He fears he will be accused of the murder.
(d) He fears the doctor's ghost will rise up.
14. What does Tom see that shows him the way out of the cave?
(a) a bug flying into a crack in the wall
(b) dripping water
(c) a speck of daylight
(d) a breeze blowing the candle flame
15. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
(a) He expects his aunt will find out where he's been.
(b) He thinks Huck might give him the signal that night.
(c) He thinks Becky might disapprove of him.
(d) He is afraid Injun Joe might find him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
2. What is Huck's attitude toward marriage?
3. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
4. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
5. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)