|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
2. By Monday morning, what do the men searching the cave send word to town for?
(a) water and rope
(b) shovels and picks
(c) horses and blankets
(d) candles and food
3. What illness does Tom contract during vacation?
(b) chicken pox
(d) whooping cough
4. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
(a) a piece of yellow paper with strange markings
(b) a gold coin with a word etched into it
(c) a stick warn down and broken
(d) a knife with a broken blade
5. Who takes care of Huck when he's ill?
(a) the Welshman
(b) Huck's father
(c) Widow Douglas
(d) Aunt Polly
6. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be an actor
(b) to be the mayor
(c) to be a lawyer
(d) to be a doctor
7. What does Tom say that robbers bury under a tree with their treasure?
(a) a box of toadstools
(b) a witch's finger
(c) a cursed cross
(d) a dead man
8. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
(b) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
(c) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
(d) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
9. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
10. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
(a) showing off
11. When does Mrs. Thatcher find out that Becky's not where she's supposed to be?
(a) when Mrs. Harper visits the Thatcher house
(b) at church Sunday morning
(c) when Becky doesn't come home from the picnic Saturday night
(d) in the town square Sunday morning
12. What disconcerts Becky when Tom shouts to the other picnickers?
(a) the lack of response
(b) how high Tom's voice is
(c) the sound of the echo
(d) the sound of bats flying off
13. What reason does Tom give Becky for his shout, when he sees Injun Joe?
(a) He says he shouted for luck.
(b) He says he thought he saw a searcher.
(c) He says he was scared by a bat.
(d) He says he wanted to hear the echo.
14. What is in the first closet Huck and Tom search in the haunted house?
(b) a bricked up door
(c) a cat
(d) a pile of cobwebs
15. Where had Joe gotten water?
(a) from a spring in the ground
(b) from digging into the water table from the river
(c) from a dripping stalactite
(d) seeping in from outside the door
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Judge Thatcher's feeling toward Tom?
2. Who tells Tom that the Welshman is going to announce Huck's role in saving the Widow Douglas?
3. Why does Tom say they need to stop and wait by the water?
4. What does Tom find in No. 2?
5. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)