|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom threaten to do if Huck runs away from the Widow Douglas?
(a) confiscate Huck's half of the treasure
(b) put a hex on Huck
(c) tell where Huck's hideout is
(d) not allow Huck to be in his gang
2. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
3. Why does Tom join the Cadets of Temperance?
(a) He's decided to turn over a new leaf.
(b) He likes their uniforms.
(c) His aunt makes him.
(d) He wants to impress Becky.
4. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
(a) a gold coin
(b) burglar's tools
(c) a heavy club
(d) Injun Joe's eye patch
5. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
(b) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
(c) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
(d) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
6. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be the mayor
(b) to be a doctor
(c) to be an actor
(d) to be a lawyer
7. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
(a) search No. 2
(b) go find Tom
(c) follow them
(d) sound an alarm
8. What is the cave opening shaped like?
(a) the letter A
(b) a keyhole
(c) a thin tree branch
(d) a big circle
9. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
10. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
(a) He thinks Huck might give him the signal that night.
(b) He expects his aunt will find out where he's been.
(c) He is afraid Injun Joe might find him.
(d) He thinks Becky might disapprove of him.
11. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
12. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
13. By Monday morning, what do the men searching the cave send word to town for?
(a) water and rope
(b) shovels and picks
(c) candles and food
(d) horses and blankets
14. Where had Joe gotten water?
(a) from a spring in the ground
(b) seeping in from outside the door
(c) from a dripping stalactite
(d) from digging into the water table from the river
15. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
(a) a piece of yellow paper with strange markings
(b) a knife with a broken blade
(c) a gold coin with a word etched into it
(d) a stick warn down and broken
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom and Huck's treasure lead local men to do?
2. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
3. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
4. How does Judge Frazer let Tom down?
5. What does Huck say he'd do with treasure?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)