|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say the Widow Douglas has for children?
(a) ice cream
2. During the trial, what does the defense attorney ask the witness who saw Muff Potter washing at a creek?
(a) how he could recognize Muff from so far away
(b) whether he wears glasses
(c) how he could recognize Muff in the dark
3. What does Tom say that he dreamed?
(a) witnessing the doctor's death at the graveyard
(b) the scene he witnessed when he sneaked over to the house
(c) the townspeople on the ferry searching for the boys' bodies
(d) the scene of him appearing in the church at his funeral
4. What does Tom dump onto the table?
(a) packs of money
(b) gold coins
(d) gold ore
5. How did the boys get to shore from their island?
(a) They paddled using a log.
(b) They swam against the current.
(c) They made a raft.
(d) They stole a skiff.
6. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
(a) They think he'll just be caught again.
(b) They think they'd be caught and tried as accessories.
(c) They think Muff would refuse to leave.
(d) They think Injun Joe would kill Muff if he escaped.
7. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
(a) He sneaks into Tom's house and breaks dishes.
(b) He tears up Tom's math book.
(c) He pours ink on Tom's spelling book.
(d) He stops Tom on the street and fights him.
8. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
(b) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
(c) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
(d) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
9. Where had Joe gotten water?
(a) from digging into the water table from the river
(b) from a dripping stalactite
(c) seeping in from outside the door
(d) from a spring in the ground
10. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
(a) He thinks Becky might disapprove of him.
(b) He expects his aunt will find out where he's been.
(c) He is afraid Injun Joe might find him.
(d) He thinks Huck might give him the signal that night.
11. How far away from the cave entrance are Becky and Tom when they emerge?
(a) 50 feet
(b) three miles
(c) five miles
(d) ten miles
12. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
(a) He's thought of a scheme to capture Injun Joe.
(b) He's decided to give up on the treasure.
(c) He has thought of a scheme to get the treasure.
(d) He's afraid it's a dream.
13. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
14. How does Tom react to Becky when he goes back to school?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He shows off for her.
(c) He follows her everywhere.
(d) He asks her to forgive him.
15. How long does Tom have to stay after school?
(a) two hours
(b) half an hour
(c) forty-five minutes
(d) one hour
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first-prize composition?
2. What is in the first closet Huck and Tom search in the haunted house?
3. What does Widow Douglas say she will do for Huck?
4. What is Huck's attitude toward marriage?
5. What had Joe found in the cave to eat?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)