|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
2. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
(a) follow them
(b) search No. 2
(c) sound an alarm
(d) go find Tom
3. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
(a) make their own treasure maps
(b) play Robin Hood
(c) slingshot target practice
(d) fish in the river
4. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
(a) He's afraid it's a dream.
(b) He's decided to give up on the treasure.
(c) He's thought of a scheme to capture Injun Joe.
(d) He has thought of a scheme to get the treasure.
5. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
(a) He tears up Tom's math book.
(b) He sneaks into Tom's house and breaks dishes.
(c) He stops Tom on the street and fights him.
(d) He pours ink on Tom's spelling book.
6. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
(a) come back home sooner
(b) waited until after the funeral to reveal himself
(c) come to let her know he was alive
(d) stayed away longer
7. What is the title of the first-prize composition?
(a) The Advantages of Culture
(b) A Missouri Maiden's Farewell to Alabama
(c) Is this, then, Life?
(d) A Vision
8. What does Tom find in No. 2?
(b) an empty treasure boxes
(c) a stash of mysterious locked boxes
(d) Injun Joe, drunk on the floor
9. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
(a) They get doublecrossed by their partners and stranded.
(b) They forget the marks that identify the spot or else they die.
(c) Their treasure maps get lost, destroyed, or stolen.
(d) They get caught and sent to prison or flee the country.
10. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
(c) showing off
11. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
(b) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
(c) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
(d) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
12. What is Judge Thatcher's feeling toward Tom?
13. Where does Joe tell his partner he plans on running after the "dangerous" job?
14. What is the cave opening shaped like?
(a) the letter A
(b) a big circle
(c) a keyhole
(d) a thin tree branch
15. What had Joe found in the cave to eat?
(a) mushrooms and snails
(b) bats and candle wax
(c) soapstone and snakes
(d) beetles and rats
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
2. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
3. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
4. What prevented Injun Joe's capture at the Widow Douglas' house?
5. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)