|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
(a) go find Tom
(b) search No. 2
(c) sound an alarm
(d) follow them
2. Who is the first friend who agrees to go hunting for treasure with Tom?
(a) Ben Rogers
(b) Huck Finn
(c) Jeff Thatcher
(d) Joe Harper
3. What disconcerts Becky when Tom shouts to the other picnickers?
(a) the sound of bats flying off
(b) how high Tom's voice is
(c) the lack of response
(d) the sound of the echo
4. How does Becky make Tom jealous?
(a) by kissing Joe Harper
(b) by sitting and reading with Alfred Temple
(c) by sitting next to Ben Rodgers
(d) by talking with Bill Miller
5. How does Tom react to Becky when he goes back to school?
(a) He follows her everywhere.
(b) He shows off for her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He asks her to forgive him.
6. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
(d) showing off
7. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
(b) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
(c) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
(d) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
8. Where had Joe gotten water?
(a) from a dripping stalactite
(b) from digging into the water table from the river
(c) seeping in from outside the door
(d) from a spring in the ground
9. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
(a) They get doublecrossed by their partners and stranded.
(b) Their treasure maps get lost, destroyed, or stolen.
(c) They forget the marks that identify the spot or else they die.
(d) They get caught and sent to prison or flee the country.
10. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
(a) on accident, while he is blowing a bug away
(b) to scare Becky with the darkness
(c) to stop Becky from starting a fire
(d) to save their candles for the future
11. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Huck tells Polly the truth.
(b) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(c) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
(d) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
12. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
13. Why does Tom join the Cadets of Temperance?
(a) He wants to impress Becky.
(b) He's decided to turn over a new leaf.
(c) He likes their uniforms.
(d) His aunt makes him.
14. What had Joe found in the cave to eat?
(a) soapstone and snakes
(b) bats and candle wax
(c) mushrooms and snails
(d) beetles and rats
15. What illness does Tom contract during vacation?
(b) chicken pox
(c) whooping cough
Short Answer Questions
1. During the trial, what does the defense attorney ask the witness who saw Muff Potter washing at a creek?
2. What is Huck's attitude toward marriage?
3. What does Tom see that shows him the way out of the cave?
4. What dampens Tom's expectations of a night at Widow Douglas'?
5. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)