|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say that he dreamed?
(a) witnessing the doctor's death at the graveyard
(b) the scene of him appearing in the church at his funeral
(c) the scene he witnessed when he sneaked over to the house
(d) the townspeople on the ferry searching for the boys' bodies
2. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
(a) make their own treasure maps
(b) play Robin Hood
(c) slingshot target practice
(d) fish in the river
3. What disconcerts Becky when Tom shouts to the other picnickers?
(a) the sound of the echo
(b) the sound of bats flying off
(c) the lack of response
(d) how high Tom's voice is
4. Who takes care of Huck when he's ill?
(a) Widow Douglas
(b) Aunt Polly
(c) the Welshman
(d) Huck's father
5. How long does Tom have to stay after school?
(a) forty-five minutes
(b) half an hour
(c) one hour
(d) two hours
6. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
(a) a knife with a broken blade
(b) a stick warn down and broken
(c) a gold coin with a word etched into it
(d) a piece of yellow paper with strange markings
7. During the trial, what does the defense attorney ask the witness who saw Muff Potter washing at a creek?
(a) how he could recognize Muff in the dark
(c) how he could recognize Muff from so far away
(d) whether he wears glasses
8. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
(a) Tom didn't want Sid and Mary to find out he was alive.
(b) Tom didn't want to betray his fellow pirates, Joe and Huck.
(c) Tom thought Polly would be angry if she knew he'd been to the house.
(d) Tom didn't want to spoil the effect of appearing at the funeral.
9. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be a doctor
(b) to be an actor
(c) to be the mayor
(d) to be a lawyer
10. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
11. How does Becky make Tom jealous?
(a) by sitting and reading with Alfred Temple
(b) by talking with Bill Miller
(c) by sitting next to Ben Rodgers
(d) by kissing Joe Harper
12. What does Widow Douglas say she will do for Huck?
(a) get him a fishing boat and equipment to become a fisherman
(b) take care of him and give him money to start in business
(c) buy him a house, new clothes, and furniture
(d) put him in her will
13. How does Judge Frazer let Tom down?
(a) He dies before telling Tom the secret Tom's waiting for.
(b) He leaves the town without giving word.
(c) He dies, just when Tom thought he was getting well.
(d) He gets sick and so will miss Fourth of July.
14. What does Tom threaten to do if Huck runs away from the Widow Douglas?
(a) put a hex on Huck
(b) tell where Huck's hideout is
(c) confiscate Huck's half of the treasure
(d) not allow Huck to be in his gang
15. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom find in No. 2?
2. What had Joe found in the cave to eat?
3. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
4. What does Tom dump onto the table?
5. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)