|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Joe gotten water?
(a) from digging into the water table from the river
(b) seeping in from outside the door
(c) from a dripping stalactite
(d) from a spring in the ground
2. What is Judge Thatcher's feeling toward Tom?
3. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
(a) waited until after the funeral to reveal himself
(b) come back home sooner
(c) come to let her know he was alive
(d) stayed away longer
4. Who tells Tom that the Welshman is going to announce Huck's role in saving the Widow Douglas?
(d) Aunt Polly
5. Why does Tom remember to grab the towel before running?
(a) His aunt would kill him for losing the towel.
(b) Huck would kill him for losing the towel.
(c) Sid would snitch on Tom if he came back without the towel.
(d) Injun Joe could track him down with the towel.
6. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
(a) They think Muff would refuse to leave.
(b) They think Injun Joe would kill Muff if he escaped.
(c) They think he'll just be caught again.
(d) They think they'd be caught and tried as accessories.
7. During the trial, what does the defense attorney ask the witness who saw Muff Potter washing at a creek?
(a) how he could recognize Muff from so far away
(b) whether he wears glasses
(c) how he could recognize Muff in the dark
8. What does Tom find in No. 2?
(a) Injun Joe, drunk on the floor
(b) a stash of mysterious locked boxes
(c) an empty treasure boxes
9. What is found by Injun Joe's body?
(a) a stick warn down and broken
(b) a knife with a broken blade
(c) a piece of yellow paper with strange markings
(d) a gold coin with a word etched into it
10. What does Tom say that he dreamed?
(a) the townspeople on the ferry searching for the boys' bodies
(b) the scene of him appearing in the church at his funeral
(c) the scene he witnessed when he sneaked over to the house
(d) witnessing the doctor's death at the graveyard
11. What had Joe found in the cave to eat?
(a) mushrooms and snails
(b) beetles and rats
(c) soapstone and snakes
(d) bats and candle wax
12. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
(a) No, but Huck is sorely tempted to tell the truth.
(b) No, Huck never thinks about giving away the secret.
(c) Yes, but only after much prompting and promising to protect Huck.
(d) Yes, Huck tells him right away.
13. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
14. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
(a) to scare Becky with the darkness
(b) to stop Becky from starting a fire
(c) to save their candles for the future
(d) on accident, while he is blowing a bug away
15. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
(a) burglar's tools
(b) a heavy club
(c) Injun Joe's eye patch
(d) a gold coin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
2. What is the cave opening shaped like?
3. Where does Joe tell his partner he plans on running after the "dangerous" job?
4. Why does Tom say they need to stop and wait by the water?
5. What does Tom and Huck's treasure lead local men to do?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)