|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
(d) showing off
2. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
(a) They think they'd be caught and tried as accessories.
(b) They think Injun Joe would kill Muff if he escaped.
(c) They think he'll just be caught again.
(d) They think Muff would refuse to leave.
3. What does Tom dump onto the table?
(a) packs of money
(b) gold ore
(d) gold coins
4. What does Tom threaten to do if Huck runs away from the Widow Douglas?
(a) confiscate Huck's half of the treasure
(b) tell where Huck's hideout is
(c) put a hex on Huck
(d) not allow Huck to be in his gang
5. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
(a) Yes, but only after much prompting and promising to protect Huck.
(b) No, Huck never thinks about giving away the secret.
(c) Yes, Huck tells him right away.
(d) No, but Huck is sorely tempted to tell the truth.
6. What does the Welshman find where the two criminals were standing outside Widow Douglas' house?
(a) Injun Joe's eye patch
(b) burglar's tools
(c) a gold coin
(d) a heavy club
7. What do Tom and Huck do instead of going to the haunted house?
(a) fish in the river
(b) play Robin Hood
(c) make their own treasure maps
(d) slingshot target practice
8. What food do Tom and Becky have left from the picnic?
9. What is in the first closet Huck and Tom search in the haunted house?
(b) a cat
(c) a pile of cobwebs
(d) a bricked up door
10. What is the title of the first-prize composition?
(a) A Vision
(b) The Advantages of Culture
(c) A Missouri Maiden's Farewell to Alabama
(d) Is this, then, Life?
11. What makes Aunt Polly able to forgive Tom anything?
(a) Tom tells her that the only reason he came back was to stop her from grieving.
(b) Joe tells her that Tom was the one that convinced them to come back.
(c) She remembers how she felt when she thought Tom was dead.
(d) She discovers the note in his jacket, so she knows he wasn't lying.
12. What does Tom find in No. 2?
(b) Injun Joe, drunk on the floor
(c) a stash of mysterious locked boxes
(d) an empty treasure boxes
13. What color lights are seen in the haunted house, reportedly?
14. What is Judge Thatcher's feeling toward Tom?
15. How far away from the cave entrance are Becky and Tom when they emerge?
(a) 50 feet
(b) ten miles
(c) five miles
(d) three miles
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom blow out Becky's candle?
2. What does Tom and Huck's treasure lead local men to do?
3. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
4. Why does Tom say they need to stop and wait by the water?
5. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)