|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
(a) They expect lightning to strike him down.
(b) They expect the sheriff to realize Joe is lying.
(c) They expect Joe to break down and confess.
(d) They expect Potter to remember what happened.
2. What does Tom throw at Sid as he leaves?
(a) his paintbrush
(b) an apple core
(c) a rock
(d) dirt clods
3. Does Tom leave Aunt Polly his note?
(a) No, he changes his mind at the last minute.
(b) No, he never planned to give Polly a note.
(c) Yes, he leaves the note on her bed.
(d) Yes, he leaves the note by the bedside, but the wind blows it away.
4. What happens to the boys' raft?
(a) It sinks during the night.
(b) They dock it on the island.
(c) The current takes it away.
(d) They shove it out into the river.
5. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) dry crackers
(b) cheese and stolen eggs
(c) bacon and fish
(d) apples and bread
6. What noise does Tom make out the window, before climbing down?
(a) a coyote's howl
(b) a dog's yowl
(c) a cat's meow
(d) a crow's caw
7. What is the potential consequence Tom heard that the illness could have?
(a) being paralyzed
(b) needing an operation
(c) losing a finger
(d) falling into a coma
8. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a ferryboat
(b) a rowboat
(c) a sloop
(d) a barge
9. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) a new Bible
(b) a shiny cross
(c) new Sunday clothes
(d) a Sunday hat
10. What is Tom's recent accomplishment?
(a) learning to catch tree frogs
(b) learning to write in cursive
(c) learning to throw a spitball
(d) learning to whistle
11. Who does Tom give a dose of tonic to?
(a) Aunt Polly
(c) the cat
12. What does Tom steal as he goes out to play after whitewashing the fence?
(a) a cookie
(b) a peach
(c) a doughnut
(d) some jam
13. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a daisy
(b) a pansy
(c) a rose
(d) a carnation
14. What wakes Tom?
(a) a bottle breaking
(b) a cat yowling
(c) the clock striking eleven
(d) Sid shaking him
15. What are the men at the graveyard for?
(a) to bury treasure
(b) to rob a grave
(c) to bury a body
(d) to steal a tombstone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becky wish she had?
2. What does Tom say will happen if the boys break their pact?
3. What source of food do the boys find on the island?
4. Who does Tom meet on his way to school?
5. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)