|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) twelve o'clock
(b) nine o'clock
(c) ten o'clock
(d) eleven o'clock
2. Where has Tom heard of the ailment he fakes?
(a) from a friend at school
(b) from a doctor
(c) from a teacher
(d) in a book
3. What does Sid do that Tom gets blamed for?
(a) Sid breaks the sugar bowl.
(b) Sid eats all the dessert.
(c) Sid lets the cat out.
(d) Sid hides the napkins.
4. What does Tom answer when the judge asks him who the first two apostles were?
(a) Abraham and Isaac
(b) Mary and Joseph
(c) Peter and Paul
(d) David and Goliath
5. What is the potential consequence Tom heard that the illness could have?
(a) needing an operation
(b) falling into a coma
(c) losing a finger
(d) being paralyzed
6. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
(d) paper balls
7. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
(a) Tom pulls her out of the window and runs down to the river with her.
(b) Tom asks him to play with the boys in the woods.
(c) Tom pretends to ignore her.
(d) Tom shows off by doing tricks on the sidewalk.
8. How does Huck sign his name?
(a) Huck writes "Mr. Finn."
(b) Huck writes out his full given name.
(c) Tom shows Huck how to make an H and an F.
(d) Huck makes an X instead of his name.
9. What wakes Tom the next morning?
(a) Mary shakes Tom awake.
(b) Aunt Polly yells at Tom to wake him.
(c) Tom wakes on his own.
(d) Sid pours water on Tom.
10. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) new shoes
(b) a knife
(c) a fishing pole
(d) a slingshot
11. How does Tom feel when he gets to school?
12. Who wins the battle?
(a) Ben's army wins
(b) Tom's army wins
(c) Joe's army wins
(d) Sid's army wins
13. What does Potter say when he's caught?
(a) He confesses to the killing.
(b) He says that he doesn't remember what happened.
(c) He accuses Injun Joe of committing the murder.
(d) He claims that he didn't kill the doctor.
14. What is Tom's recent accomplishment?
(a) learning to throw a spitball
(b) learning to catch tree frogs
(c) learning to write in cursive
(d) learning to whistle
15. Where does the town gather?
(a) the town hall
(b) the schoolyard
(c) the graveyard
(d) the town square
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise does Tom make out the window, before climbing down?
2. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
3. What do the boys play after the storm?
4. What does Tom imagine after his aunt hits him and does not apologize?
5. Why does Becky miss school?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)