|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom decide to run away?
(a) Becky scorns him when she comes back to school.
(b) Aunt Polly won't stop giving him medicines.
(c) Tom is failing in school and will be held back.
(d) He is afraid Huck will break their pact.
2. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
(a) Tom pretends to ignore her.
(b) Tom pulls her out of the window and runs down to the river with her.
(c) Tom shows off by doing tricks on the sidewalk.
(d) Tom asks him to play with the boys in the woods.
3. What does Tom do with the tonic?
(a) He pours it in a crack in the floor.
(b) He pours it out the window onto the flowers.
(c) He pours it into Sid's matress.
(d) He pours it into the kitchen sink.
4. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a daisy
(b) a rose
(c) a carnation
(d) a pansy
5. What does Ben trade to Tom?
(a) an orange
(b) a peach
(c) an apple
(d) a pear
6. What person does Tom make up to threaten the stranger with?
(a) a big brother
(b) a powerful father
(c) a friend who is a schoolmaster
(d) a big sister
7. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) new Sunday clothes
(b) a shiny cross
(c) a new Bible
(d) a Sunday hat
8. Where does Aunt Polly find Tom?
(a) behind a tree
(b) beneath the covers
(c) in a closet
(d) in the outhouse
9. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
(a) a silver teacup
(b) a flower
(c) a brass knob
(d) a ribbon
10. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
(a) He says he doesn't like her hair.
(b) He says something bad about her cousin.
(c) He says he doesn't like her dress.
(d) He mentions his old girlfriend.
11. Who breaks the rules of the game?
(a) Joe, by smashing the tick
(b) Tom, by playing with the tick during Joe's turn
(c) Tom, by letting the tick out the window
(d) Joe, by dropping the tick on the floor
12. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
(a) general and lieutenant
(b) allied generals
(c) opposing generals
(d) general and president
13. What do Joe and Tom feel guilty about?
(a) taking the raft
(b) stealing food from their homes
(c) keeping secrets from their parents
(d) robbing a boat on the river
14. Who does Tom meet on his way to school?
(a) Joe Harper
(b) Huckleberry Finn
(c) Amy Lawrence
(d) Jeff Thatcher
15. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
(c) paper balls
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom write the pact between the boys on?
2. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
3. What happens to the doctor?
4. What task does Polly give Tom as punishment?
5. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)