|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks the rules of the game?
(a) Tom, by letting the tick out the window
(b) Joe, by smashing the tick
(c) Tom, by playing with the tick during Joe's turn
(d) Joe, by dropping the tick on the floor
2. Who is Amy Lawrence?
(a) Amy is Jeff's cousin, who Tom thinks is beautiful.
(b) Amy is Tom's teacher, who Tom has a crush on.
(c) Amy is Sid's beloved, who Tom makes trouble with.
(d) Amy is Tom's beloved, who fickle Tom forgets.
3. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) nine o'clock
(b) twelve o'clock
(c) ten o'clock
(d) eleven o'clock
4. Where does the town gather?
(a) the town square
(b) the graveyard
(c) the town hall
(d) the schoolyard
5. Where does Becky meet Tom at lunchtime?
(a) in the woods
(b) at the school
(c) at the town square
(d) at Becky's house
6. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
(b) paper balls
7. What wakes Tom the next morning?
(a) Mary shakes Tom awake.
(b) Sid pours water on Tom.
(c) Aunt Polly yells at Tom to wake him.
(d) Tom wakes on his own.
8. Does Sid believe Tom is sick?
(a) No, he thinks Tom is faking to get out of school.
(b) Yes, he runs to tell Polly that Tom is dying.
(c) Yes, but he thinks Tom is exaggerating.
(d) No, he thinks Tom is trying to get him in trouble.
9. Who has earned the most rewards in Tom's Sunday School?
(a) a German boy
(b) Jeff Thatcher
(d) Ben Rodgers
10. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) dry crackers
(b) bacon and fish
(c) apples and bread
(d) cheese and stolen eggs
11. Who does Tom meet on his way to school?
(a) Joe Harper
(b) Huckleberry Finn
(c) Jeff Thatcher
(d) Amy Lawrence
12. Who do the boys find sleeping in their hideout?
(a) Muff Potter
(b) Joe Harper
(c) Jeff Thatcher
(d) Injun Joe
13. What does Sid do that Tom gets blamed for?
(a) Sid lets the cat out.
(b) Sid eats all the dessert.
(c) Sid hides the napkins.
(d) Sid breaks the sugar bowl.
14. Where does Aunt Polly find Tom?
(a) beneath the covers
(b) in the outhouse
(c) in a closet
(d) behind a tree
15. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
(a) pretending to be a monkey
(b) imagining he's an airplane
(c) mimicking a schoolteacher
(d) impersonating a steamboat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polly give Tom as reward for finishing his chore?
2. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
3. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
4. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
5. What do Tom and Huck take as an omen that they will die?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)