|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Tom and Huck think Muff Potter, Injun Joe, and Doctor Robinson are when they first approach?
2. What game does Tom play with Joe Harper?
(a) Cowboys and Indians
(b) Civil War
(c) King of the Hill
(d) Robin Hood
3. What does Tom say will happen if the boys break their pact?
(a) They will suffer an agonizing illness.
(b) They will go to Hell.
(c) They will never be friends again.
(d) They will drop down dead.
4. What does Potter say when he's caught?
(a) He accuses Injun Joe of committing the murder.
(b) He claims that he didn't kill the doctor.
(c) He says that he doesn't remember what happened.
(d) He confesses to the killing.
5. Where does Tom go to be alone?
(a) a field out by the fishing pond
(b) a log raft in the river
(c) an empty cabin in the woods
(d) a crawlspace under the school
6. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
(a) Tom shows off by doing tricks on the sidewalk.
(b) Tom pulls her out of the window and runs down to the river with her.
(c) Tom asks him to play with the boys in the woods.
(d) Tom pretends to ignore her.
7. Why doesn't Huck want to tell what the boys saw?
(a) He's afraid Injun Joe might kill them.
(b) He's afraid no one will believe them.
(c) He's afraid he'll be arrested.
(d) He doesn't want to have to testify in court.
8. What does Huck tell Tom is bound to happen if the doctor is dead?
(a) The doctor's ghost will come back to haunt Joe.
(b) Someone will be hanged.
(c) Someone will be thown in prison.
(d) Spirits will be blamed.
9. Where has Tom heard of the ailment he fakes?
(a) from a teacher
(b) from a friend at school
(c) in a book
(d) from a doctor
10. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) a new Bible
(b) a Sunday hat
(c) a shiny cross
(d) new Sunday clothes
11. What does the preacher do at the funeral service?
(c) gets angry
12. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
(a) general and president
(b) opposing generals
(c) allied generals
(d) general and lieutenant
13. What do the boys use to prick their fingers?
(a) the tip of a pen
(b) a brass pin
(c) a pine needle
(d) Tom's needle
14. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
(a) He is confident about finding Potter before dark.
(b) He is confident about finding Potter within the week.
(c) He thinks they will find Potter dead.
(d) He is sure Potter has escaped.
15. Who breaks the rules of the game?
(a) Joe, by dropping the tick on the floor
(b) Tom, by playing with the tick during Joe's turn
(c) Joe, by smashing the tick
(d) Tom, by letting the tick out the window
Short Answer Questions
1. What serves as a field for their tick game?
2. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
3. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
4. Where is Potter caught?
5. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)