|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Tom and Huck think Muff Potter, Injun Joe, and Doctor Robinson are when they first approach?
2. What game does Tom play with Joe Harper?
(a) Civil War
(b) King of the Hill
(c) Robin Hood
(d) Cowboys and Indians
3. What is Tom's reaction to his bath?
(a) Tom procrastinates in the bath, playing sailor.
(b) Tom hates taking a bath and tries to only pretend to take one.
(c) Tom goes to sleep in the bath because he's bored.
(d) Tom sings loudly and out of key in the bath.
4. How does Huck sign his name?
(a) Huck writes "Mr. Finn."
(b) Huck makes an X instead of his name.
(c) Tom shows Huck how to make an H and an F.
(d) Huck writes out his full given name.
5. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to be engaged
(b) to go steady
(c) to meet him on the weekend
(d) to run away with him
6. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) ten o'clock
(b) twelve o'clock
(c) nine o'clock
(d) eleven o'clock
7. What wakes Tom the next morning?
(a) Tom wakes on his own.
(b) Mary shakes Tom awake.
(c) Sid pours water on Tom.
(d) Aunt Polly yells at Tom to wake him.
8. What does Tom say is wrong with him?
(a) He says he has leprocy.
(b) He says his appendix has burst.
(c) He says his toe is mortified.
(d) He says he has gout.
9. What does Polly give Tom as reward for finishing his chore?
(a) a cookie
(b) an apple
(c) a piece of pie
(d) an orange
10. Who wins the battle?
(a) Sid's army wins
(b) Joe's army wins
(c) Ben's army wins
(d) Tom's army wins
11. What serves as a field for their tick game?
(a) Tom's sleeve
(b) Joe's slate
(c) Joe's shoe
(d) Tom's desk
12. Where does Aunt Polly find Tom?
(a) in a closet
(b) in the outhouse
(c) beneath the covers
(d) behind a tree
13. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
(a) an actor
(b) a statesman
(c) an acrobat
(d) a pirate
14. What does the schoolmaster do after learning of the news?
(a) He holds a school assembly.
(b) He leaves school but makes the teachers continue working.
(c) He gives the classes a ten minute mourning period.
(d) He closes the school for the day.
15. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
(a) She weeps over him and tells him to go ahead and break her heart.
(b) She yells at him and kicks him out of the house.
(c) She spanks him until he cries.
(d) She pretends she doesn't know what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the potential consequence Tom heard that the illness could have?
2. How is Aunt Polly related to Tom?
3. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
4. What does the stranger do through the window while Tom stands outside his house?
5. Who does Tom meet on his way to school?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)