|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
(a) "I give!"
(c) "You win!"
2. What do the three men have with them?
(a) a wagon, spades, and a black bag
(b) a trunk, a shovel, and a pick
(c) a wheelbarrow, rope, and a shovel
(d) rope, a pulley, and a black bag
3. What does Tom say will happen if the boys break their pact?
(a) They will go to Hell.
(b) They will drop down dead.
(c) They will never be friends again.
(d) They will suffer an agonizing illness.
4. What person does Tom make up to threaten the stranger with?
(a) a big sister
(b) a friend who is a schoolmaster
(c) a big brother
(d) a powerful father
5. Where does Aunt Polly find Tom?
(a) beneath the covers
(b) in a closet
(c) behind a tree
(d) in the outhouse
6. What does Tom steal as he goes out to play after whitewashing the fence?
(a) some jam
(b) a cookie
(c) a doughnut
(d) a peach
7. Who has earned the most rewards in Tom's Sunday School?
(a) a German boy
(c) Jeff Thatcher
(d) Ben Rodgers
8. Who wins the battle?
(a) Ben's army wins
(b) Tom's army wins
(c) Joe's army wins
(d) Sid's army wins
9. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
(a) He is sure Potter has escaped.
(b) He thinks they will find Potter dead.
(c) He is confident about finding Potter before dark.
(d) He is confident about finding Potter within the week.
10. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) a knife
(b) a slingshot
(c) a fishing pole
(d) new shoes
11. How does Tom get his tickets?
(a) Tom makes his own fake tickets.
(b) Tom steals tickets from the other children.
(c) Tom trades the other children for their tickets.
(d) Tom does chores to earn tickets.
12. What wakes Tom the next morning?
(a) Tom wakes on his own.
(b) Aunt Polly yells at Tom to wake him.
(c) Mary shakes Tom awake.
(d) Sid pours water on Tom.
13. What do the boys play after the storm?
14. What is the object of the game?
(a) to keep the tick on the player's side
(b) to move the tick to the other side
(c) to move the tick in a perfect circle
(d) to keep the tick moving
15. What does Tom give to Becky?
(a) a pear
(b) an apple
(c) an orange
(d) a peach
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal gets into a conflict with the bug Tom has brought into church?
2. What does Muff leave behind?
3. What does the stranger do through the window while Tom stands outside his house?
4. Where does Tom sneak off to during the night on the island?
5. What does Potter say when he's caught?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)