|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) new shoes
(b) a knife
(c) a fishing pole
(d) a slingshot
2. What does Muff leave behind?
(a) his jacket
(b) a cigarette butt
(c) his shoe
(d) the murder weapon
3. How does Tom get his tickets?
(a) Tom trades the other children for their tickets.
(b) Tom makes his own fake tickets.
(c) Tom does chores to earn tickets.
(d) Tom steals tickets from the other children.
4. Why does Tom decide to run away?
(a) Tom is failing in school and will be held back.
(b) He is afraid Huck will break their pact.
(c) Becky scorns him when she comes back to school.
(d) Aunt Polly won't stop giving him medicines.
5. How does Huck sign his name?
(a) Huck writes out his full given name.
(b) Huck writes "Mr. Finn."
(c) Huck makes an X instead of his name.
(d) Tom shows Huck how to make an H and an F.
6. Who does Tom give a dose of tonic to?
(a) the cat
(b) Aunt Polly
7. What does Huck tell Tom is bound to happen if the doctor is dead?
(a) Someone will be thown in prison.
(b) Spirits will be blamed.
(c) The doctor's ghost will come back to haunt Joe.
(d) Someone will be hanged.
8. Who wins the battle?
(a) Tom's army wins
(b) Ben's army wins
(c) Sid's army wins
(d) Joe's army wins
9. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to meet him on the weekend
(b) to go steady
(c) to run away with him
(d) to be engaged
10. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
(a) a beetle
(b) a grasshopper
(c) a ladybug
(d) a spider
11. What are the men at the graveyard for?
(a) to steal a tombstone
(b) to bury a body
(c) to rob a grave
(d) to bury treasure
12. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
(a) by the newspaper
(b) by the mayor's announcement
(c) by word of mouth
(d) by telegraph
13. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
(a) Mary and Sid will miss him.
(b) Becky won't even mourn for him.
(c) His Sunday School record is not good.
(d) His aunt will miss him.
14. What does Tom do when he plays hooky?
(a) He reads a book.
(b) He plays baseball.
(c) He goes swimming.
(d) He plays catch.
15. What does Potter say when he's caught?
(a) He accuses Injun Joe of committing the murder.
(b) He claims that he didn't kill the doctor.
(c) He confesses to the killing.
(d) He says that he doesn't remember what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
2. What does Tom do with the tonic?
3. What do Tom and Huck take as an omen that they will die?
4. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
5. Who does Tom meet on his way to school?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)