|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men fight over?
(a) who is doing the most work
(b) if the doctor will turn them in
(c) how long their task is taking
2. What does Potter say when he's caught?
(a) He accuses Injun Joe of committing the murder.
(b) He claims that he didn't kill the doctor.
(c) He says that he doesn't remember what happened.
(d) He confesses to the killing.
3. Where does Tom go to be alone?
(a) an empty cabin in the woods
(b) a log raft in the river
(c) a field out by the fishing pond
(d) a crawlspace under the school
4. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to meet him on the weekend
(b) to be engaged
(c) to run away with him
(d) to go steady
5. Who is Amy Lawrence?
(a) Amy is Jeff's cousin, who Tom thinks is beautiful.
(b) Amy is Sid's beloved, who Tom makes trouble with.
(c) Amy is Tom's beloved, who fickle Tom forgets.
(d) Amy is Tom's teacher, who Tom has a crush on.
6. Why doesn't Huck want to tell what the boys saw?
(a) He's afraid Injun Joe might kill them.
(b) He's afraid he'll be arrested.
(c) He's afraid no one will believe them.
(d) He doesn't want to have to testify in court.
7. What happens to the boys' raft?
(a) It sinks during the night.
(b) They dock it on the island.
(c) They shove it out into the river.
(d) The current takes it away.
8. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
(a) A man who heard Potter threaten the doctor.
(b) A man who saw Potter meeting secretively with the doctor.
(c) A man who saw Potter washing in a stream in the early hours.
(d) A man who identified Potter as buying the murder weapon.
9. Why are the Sunday School students given colored tickets?
(a) for helping with the Sunday service
(b) for learning Bible verses
(c) for attendance
(d) for the church raffle
10. What tonic does Aunt Polly give Tom to bring him out of his depressed mood?
(c) Reviving oil
(d) Cure-all elixir
11. What wakes Tom the next morning?
(a) Sid pours water on Tom.
(b) Tom wakes on his own.
(c) Mary shakes Tom awake.
(d) Aunt Polly yells at Tom to wake him.
12. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) a Sunday hat
(b) a new Bible
(c) new Sunday clothes
(d) a shiny cross
13. Who does Tom meet on his way to school?
(a) Amy Lawrence
(b) Huckleberry Finn
(c) Jeff Thatcher
(d) Joe Harper
14. Who is Jim?
(a) a runaway who lives in the woods
(b) a black boy who works at the house
(c) Tom's half-brother
(d) Tom's friend from school
15. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
(a) because Tom is too noisy with the boys
(b) because Tom is late
(c) because it's his turn to sit with the girls
(d) because the classroom is short of chairs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben trade to Tom?
2. Where is the graveyard located?
3. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
4. What does Tom give to Becky?
5. Who do the boys find sleeping in their hideout?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)