|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do when he plays hooky?
(a) He plays catch.
(b) He reads a book.
(c) He plays baseball.
(d) He goes swimming.
2. What does Tom do with the tonic?
(a) He pours it into the kitchen sink.
(b) He pours it into Sid's matress.
(c) He pours it out the window onto the flowers.
(d) He pours it in a crack in the floor.
3. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
(a) witches' familiars gathering
(b) scavengers coming for the corpses
(c) spirits of the dead
(d) devils coming to get their own
4. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
(a) an arrow
(b) a sword wound
(d) being stoned
5. Where has Tom heard of the ailment he fakes?
(a) from a friend at school
(b) from a teacher
(c) from a doctor
(d) in a book
6. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a carnation
(b) a daisy
(c) a pansy
(d) a rose
7. What does Polly give Tom as reward for finishing his chore?
(a) a piece of pie
(b) an orange
(c) a cookie
(d) an apple
8. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
(a) Becky won't even mourn for him.
(b) His aunt will miss him.
(c) His Sunday School record is not good.
(d) Mary and Sid will miss him.
9. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
(a) a beetle
(b) a spider
(c) a ladybug
(d) a grasshopper
10. How is Aunt Polly related to Tom?
(a) Tom is Polly's sister's son.
(b) Tom is Polly's husband's sister's son.
(c) Tom is Polly's brother's son.
(d) Tom is Polly's husband's brother's son.
11. What does Tom write the pact between the boys on?
(a) a gum wrapper
(b) a pine shingle
(c) a flat rock
(d) a piece of his shirt
12. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
(b) "I give!"
(d) "You win!"
13. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
(a) pretending to be a monkey
(b) mimicking a schoolteacher
(c) imagining he's an airplane
(d) impersonating a steamboat
14. What does Tom do to stop himself from talking in his sleep?
(a) He sleeps on his stomach with his head in the pillow.
(b) He drinks cinnamon and chamomile tea.
(c) He stuffs the covers into his mouth.
(d) He ties up his jaw, complaining of toothache.
15. What does Tom say is wrong with him?
(a) He says he has gout.
(b) He says he has leprocy.
(c) He says his appendix has burst.
(d) He says his toe is mortified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Muff leave behind?
2. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
3. Who is Jim?
4. What does Tom try to do during the sermon?
5. Where does Becky meet Tom at lunchtime?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)