|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
(a) a loose tooth
(b) an upset stomach
(c) a sprained wrist
(d) a cut on his knee
2. Who breaks the rules of the game?
(a) Joe, by dropping the tick on the floor
(b) Joe, by smashing the tick
(c) Tom, by letting the tick out the window
(d) Tom, by playing with the tick during Joe's turn
3. What does Tom trade his tooth for?
(a) a marble
(b) a tick
(c) an arrow
(d) a matchbook
4. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
(a) because it's his turn to sit with the girls
(b) because Tom is too noisy with the boys
(c) because Tom is late
(d) because the classroom is short of chairs
5. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
(a) The animal has a white stripe.
(b) The animal's back is to them.
(c) The animal is sitting in a patch of daisies.
(d) The animal runs off when they approach.
6. How does Tom wake Sid?
(a) Tom shakes Sid and calls his name.
(b) Tom's moaning wakes Sid.
(c) Tom splashes water on Sid.
(d) Tom pushes Sid out of bed.
7. What do Joe and Tom feel guilty about?
(a) keeping secrets from their parents
(b) stealing food from their homes
(c) robbing a boat on the river
(d) taking the raft
8. What serves as a field for their tick game?
(a) Tom's desk
(b) Joe's slate
(c) Joe's shoe
(d) Tom's sleeve
9. What does Muff leave behind?
(a) the murder weapon
(b) a cigarette butt
(c) his shoe
(d) his jacket
10. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
(a) They reinact the murder in the schoolyard.
(b) They hold inquests on dead cats.
(c) They sing a song about Murdering Muff.
(d) They make trips to the graveyard to find souvenirs.
11. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
(a) a pirate
(b) an acrobat
(c) an actor
(d) a statesman
12. How does Tom get his tickets?
(a) Tom steals tickets from the other children.
(b) Tom does chores to earn tickets.
(c) Tom trades the other children for their tickets.
(d) Tom makes his own fake tickets.
13. How does Huck sign his name?
(a) Tom shows Huck how to make an H and an F.
(b) Huck writes "Mr. Finn."
(c) Huck makes an X instead of his name.
(d) Huck writes out his full given name.
14. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) new Sunday clothes
(b) a new Bible
(c) a Sunday hat
(d) a shiny cross
15. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
(a) opposing generals
(b) general and president
(c) allied generals
(d) general and lieutenant
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Tom's cousin Mary been for the last week?
2. What task does Polly give Tom as punishment?
3. How does Tom feel when he gets to school?
4. Where is Potter caught?
5. Where does Becky meet Tom at lunchtime?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)