|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel when he gets to school?
2. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
(a) She yells at him and kicks him out of the house.
(b) She pretends she doesn't know what happened.
(c) She weeps over him and tells him to go ahead and break her heart.
(d) She spanks him until he cries.
3. What game does Tom play with Joe Harper?
(a) Cowboys and Indians
(b) Civil War
(c) Robin Hood
(d) King of the Hill
4. What do Joe and Tom feel guilty about?
(a) keeping secrets from their parents
(b) taking the raft
(c) stealing food from their homes
(d) robbing a boat on the river
5. What does the preacher do at the funeral service?
(c) gets angry
6. What does Huck teach the other boys?
(a) how to make a lean-to
(b) how to make a fire
(c) how to smoke
(d) how to fish
7. Does Sid believe Tom is sick?
(a) Yes, but he thinks Tom is exaggerating.
(b) No, he thinks Tom is trying to get him in trouble.
(c) No, he thinks Tom is faking to get out of school.
(d) Yes, he runs to tell Polly that Tom is dying.
8. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
(a) allied generals
(b) general and lieutenant
(c) opposing generals
(d) general and president
9. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a ferryboat
(b) a rowboat
(c) a barge
(d) a sloop
10. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to run away with him
(b) to be engaged
(c) to meet him on the weekend
(d) to go steady
11. What does Tom imagine after his aunt hits him and does not apologize?
(a) stealing the quilt she's making
(b) running away to the big city
(c) dying without forgiving her
(d) lightning from heaven striking her
12. Where is the graveyard located?
(a) on a hill
(b) in a swamp
(c) in a valley
(d) behind the church
13. What happens to the boys' raft?
(a) They shove it out into the river.
(b) They dock it on the island.
(c) The current takes it away.
(d) It sinks during the night.
14. How long does it take the boys to get to the cemetery?
(a) an hour and a half
(b) an hour
(c) a half hour
(d) five minutes
15. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
(a) an actor
(b) a pirate
(c) an acrobat
(d) a statesman
Short Answer Questions
1. What tonic does Aunt Polly give Tom to bring him out of his depressed mood?
2. Who do Tom and Huck think Muff Potter, Injun Joe, and Doctor Robinson are when they first approach?
3. What are the men at the graveyard for?
4. What does Tom steal as he goes out to play after whitewashing the fence?
5. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)