|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
(a) general and lieutenant
(b) opposing generals
(c) allied generals
(d) general and president
2. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) a fishing pole
(b) new shoes
(c) a slingshot
(d) a knife
3. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
(a) He brings gifts to Muff Potter.
(b) He does all his chores for Aunt Polly.
(c) He studies his Bible verses for Sunday school.
(d) He denies himself the pleasure of playing hooky.
4. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
(a) a brass knob
(b) a silver teacup
(c) a ribbon
(d) a flower
5. What do the boys play after the storm?
6. How is Aunt Polly related to Tom?
(a) Tom is Polly's husband's brother's son.
(b) Tom is Polly's sister's son.
(c) Tom is Polly's husband's sister's son.
(d) Tom is Polly's brother's son.
7. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
(b) an arrow
(c) being stoned
(d) a sword wound
8. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
(a) They expect Potter to remember what happened.
(b) They expect lightning to strike him down.
(c) They expect Joe to break down and confess.
(d) They expect the sheriff to realize Joe is lying.
9. Who do the boys find sleeping in their hideout?
(a) Injun Joe
(b) Joe Harper
(c) Jeff Thatcher
(d) Muff Potter
10. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
(a) They hold inquests on dead cats.
(b) They make trips to the graveyard to find souvenirs.
(c) They sing a song about Murdering Muff.
(d) They reinact the murder in the schoolyard.
11. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) nine o'clock
(b) eleven o'clock
(c) ten o'clock
(d) twelve o'clock
12. How does Huck sign his name?
(a) Tom shows Huck how to make an H and an F.
(b) Huck makes an X instead of his name.
(c) Huck writes "Mr. Finn."
(d) Huck writes out his full given name.
13. What does Muff leave behind?
(a) the murder weapon
(b) a cigarette butt
(c) his jacket
(d) his shoe
14. What happens to the doctor?
(a) Muff knocks him on the head.
(b) Injun Joe stabs him.
(c) Injun Joe shoots him.
(d) Muff strangles him.
15. Does Sid believe Tom is sick?
(a) No, he thinks Tom is faking to get out of school.
(b) Yes, but he thinks Tom is exaggerating.
(c) No, he thinks Tom is trying to get him in trouble.
(d) Yes, he runs to tell Polly that Tom is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom write the pact between the boys on?
2. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
3. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's professed illness?
4. Who does Tom give a dose of tonic to?
5. What does Tom ask Becky?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)