|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a carnation
(b) a daisy
(c) a pansy
(d) a rose
2. Who do the boys find sleeping in their hideout?
(a) Jeff Thatcher
(b) Muff Potter
(c) Injun Joe
(d) Joe Harper
3. How does Tom get his tickets?
(a) Tom steals tickets from the other children.
(b) Tom does chores to earn tickets.
(c) Tom makes his own fake tickets.
(d) Tom trades the other children for their tickets.
4. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
(a) a silver teacup
(b) a flower
(c) a ribbon
(d) a brass knob
5. What wakes Tom?
(a) the clock striking eleven
(b) Sid shaking him
(c) a cat yowling
(d) a bottle breaking
6. Who do Tom and Huck think Muff Potter, Injun Joe, and Doctor Robinson are when they first approach?
7. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
(a) a pirate
(b) an acrobat
(c) a statesman
(d) an actor
8. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
(a) a ladybug
(b) a grasshopper
(c) a beetle
(d) a spider
9. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) a Sunday hat
(b) new Sunday clothes
(c) a shiny cross
(d) a new Bible
10. What task does Polly give Tom as punishment?
(a) digging trenches in the garden
(b) whitewashing the fence
(c) carrying water buckets
(d) mopping the floor
11. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
(a) They sing a song about Murdering Muff.
(b) They reinact the murder in the schoolyard.
(c) They make trips to the graveyard to find souvenirs.
(d) They hold inquests on dead cats.
12. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
13. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
(a) imagining he's an airplane
(b) mimicking a schoolteacher
(c) pretending to be a monkey
(d) impersonating a steamboat
14. Where are the boys during their funeral?
(a) in the basement store room
(b) behind the last row of pews
(c) under the altar
(d) in the unused gallery
15. What person does Tom make up to threaten the stranger with?
(a) a friend who is a schoolmaster
(b) a big brother
(c) a big sister
(d) a powerful father
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Sid believe Tom is sick?
2. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
3. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
4. What does Tom give to Becky?
5. What does Polly give Tom as reward for finishing his chore?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)