|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction to his bath?
(a) Tom hates taking a bath and tries to only pretend to take one.
(b) Tom sings loudly and out of key in the bath.
(c) Tom procrastinates in the bath, playing sailor.
(d) Tom goes to sleep in the bath because he's bored.
2. Why are the Sunday School students given colored tickets?
(a) for the church raffle
(b) for learning Bible verses
(c) for attendance
(d) for helping with the Sunday service
3. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) a slingshot
(b) a knife
(c) a fishing pole
(d) new shoes
4. How does Tom feel when he gets to school?
5. Where has Tom heard of the ailment he fakes?
(a) from a teacher
(b) in a book
(c) from a doctor
(d) from a friend at school
6. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a rose
(b) a carnation
(c) a pansy
(d) a daisy
7. What do the men fight over?
(a) how long their task is taking
(c) if the doctor will turn them in
(d) who is doing the most work
8. How many tickets are needed to earn a prize?
(a) ten yellow tickets
(b) fifty green tickets
(c) twenty red tickets
(d) five blue tickets
9. What is the object of the game?
(a) to keep the tick on the player's side
(b) to move the tick to the other side
(c) to keep the tick moving
(d) to move the tick in a perfect circle
10. What tonic does Aunt Polly give Tom to bring him out of his depressed mood?
(b) Reviving oil
(d) Cure-all elixir
11. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
(a) a cut on his knee
(b) a sprained wrist
(c) a loose tooth
(d) an upset stomach
12. What does Ben trade to Tom?
(a) an apple
(b) an orange
(c) a peach
(d) a pear
13. What happens to the doctor?
(a) Muff strangles him.
(b) Muff knocks him on the head.
(c) Injun Joe stabs him.
(d) Injun Joe shoots him.
14. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
(a) pretending to be a monkey
(b) impersonating a steamboat
(c) mimicking a schoolteacher
(d) imagining he's an airplane
15. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
(c) "I give!"
(d) "You win!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Huck take as an omen that they will die?
2. What does Muff leave behind?
3. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
4. Who does Tom give a dose of tonic to?
5. What does Tom do with the tonic?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)