|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom sneak off to during the night on the island?
(a) Joe's house
(b) the town hall
(c) Aunt Polly's house
(d) the schoolhouse
2. What noise does Tom make out the window, before climbing down?
(a) a coyote's howl
(b) a dog's yowl
(c) a cat's meow
(d) a crow's caw
3. What does the preacher do at the funeral service?
(a) gets angry
4. What does Ben trade to Tom?
(a) an orange
(b) a pear
(c) a peach
(d) an apple
5. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
(a) mimicking a schoolteacher
(b) impersonating a steamboat
(c) pretending to be a monkey
(d) imagining he's an airplane
6. What does the schoolmaster do after learning of the news?
(a) He leaves school but makes the teachers continue working.
(b) He holds a school assembly.
(c) He gives the classes a ten minute mourning period.
(d) He closes the school for the day.
7. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
(c) "I give!"
(d) "You win!"
8. What does Tom do to stop himself from talking in his sleep?
(a) He drinks cinnamon and chamomile tea.
(b) He stuffs the covers into his mouth.
(c) He ties up his jaw, complaining of toothache.
(d) He sleeps on his stomach with his head in the pillow.
9. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) a slingshot
(b) a fishing pole
(c) a knife
(d) new shoes
10. What happens to the doctor?
(a) Muff knocks him on the head.
(b) Injun Joe stabs him.
(c) Injun Joe shoots him.
(d) Muff strangles him.
11. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
(a) He says he doesn't like her dress.
(b) He says something bad about her cousin.
(c) He mentions his old girlfriend.
(d) He says he doesn't like her hair.
12. What task does Polly give Tom as punishment?
(a) mopping the floor
(b) carrying water buckets
(c) digging trenches in the garden
(d) whitewashing the fence
13. Why does Becky miss school?
(a) She is visiting relatives.
(b) She goes on a trip abroad.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She begins taking lessons at home.
14. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a pansy
(b) a daisy
(c) a carnation
(d) a rose
15. What does Tom do with the tonic?
(a) He pours it out the window onto the flowers.
(b) He pours it into Sid's matress.
(c) He pours it into the kitchen sink.
(d) He pours it in a crack in the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Tom and Huck think Muff Potter, Injun Joe, and Doctor Robinson are when they first approach?
2. What does Tom answer when the judge asks him who the first two apostles were?
3. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
4. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
5. What does Tom throw at Sid as he leaves?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)