|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's professed illness?
(a) She spanks him.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She scolds him for lying.
(d) She takes him to the doctor.
2. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to meet him on the weekend
(b) to run away with him
(c) to be engaged
(d) to go steady
3. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) a new Bible
(b) a shiny cross
(c) new Sunday clothes
(d) a Sunday hat
4. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
(b) "You win!"
(c) "I give!"
5. What does Tom trade his tooth for?
(a) a marble
(b) a matchbook
(c) a tick
(d) an arrow
6. What does Huck teach the other boys?
(a) how to fish
(b) how to make a fire
(c) how to make a lean-to
(d) how to smoke
7. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
(a) Potter thinks the doctor has recovered and accused him.
(b) Potter thinks someone saw him running from the scene.
(c) Potter thinks his footprints were found at the graveyard.
(d) Potter thinks Injun Joe has accused him.
8. Why does Tom decide to run away?
(a) Aunt Polly won't stop giving him medicines.
(b) Becky scorns him when she comes back to school.
(c) Tom is failing in school and will be held back.
(d) He is afraid Huck will break their pact.
9. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
(a) He mentions his old girlfriend.
(b) He says he doesn't like her dress.
(c) He says he doesn't like her hair.
(d) He says something bad about her cousin.
10. Where has Tom heard of the ailment he fakes?
(a) from a doctor
(b) from a friend at school
(c) in a book
(d) from a teacher
11. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
(a) Tom shows off by doing tricks on the sidewalk.
(b) Tom pretends to ignore her.
(c) Tom pulls her out of the window and runs down to the river with her.
(d) Tom asks him to play with the boys in the woods.
12. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
(a) He denies himself the pleasure of playing hooky.
(b) He brings gifts to Muff Potter.
(c) He studies his Bible verses for Sunday school.
(d) He does all his chores for Aunt Polly.
13. How many tickets are needed to earn a prize?
(a) fifty green tickets
(b) twenty red tickets
(c) five blue tickets
(d) ten yellow tickets
14. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) dry crackers
(b) bacon and fish
(c) cheese and stolen eggs
(d) apples and bread
15. Who is Jim?
(a) Tom's half-brother
(b) Tom's friend from school
(c) a black boy who works at the house
(d) a runaway who lives in the woods
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit the Sunday School class?
2. Who is Amy Lawrence?
3. What task does Polly give Tom as punishment?
4. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
5. Does Tom leave Aunt Polly his note?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)