|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Huck want to tell what the boys saw?
(a) He's afraid Injun Joe might kill them.
(b) He doesn't want to have to testify in court.
(c) He's afraid he'll be arrested.
(d) He's afraid no one will believe them.
2. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
(a) He is sure Potter has escaped.
(b) He thinks they will find Potter dead.
(c) He is confident about finding Potter before dark.
(d) He is confident about finding Potter within the week.
3. What is the object of the game?
(a) to keep the tick moving
(b) to move the tick in a perfect circle
(c) to move the tick to the other side
(d) to keep the tick on the player's side
4. What do Joe and Tom feel guilty about?
(a) stealing food from their homes
(b) keeping secrets from their parents
(c) robbing a boat on the river
(d) taking the raft
5. Where does Tom go to be alone?
(a) a log raft in the river
(b) an empty cabin in the woods
(c) a field out by the fishing pond
(d) a crawlspace under the school
6. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) bacon and fish
(b) cheese and stolen eggs
(c) apples and bread
(d) dry crackers
7. Who does Tom give a dose of tonic to?
(b) Aunt Polly
(d) the cat
8. What kind of craft do the townspeople take onto the river to look for the boys?
(a) a ferryboat
(b) a rowboat
(c) a barge
(d) a sloop
9. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
(a) Tom pretends to ignore her.
(b) Tom pulls her out of the window and runs down to the river with her.
(c) Tom asks him to play with the boys in the woods.
(d) Tom shows off by doing tricks on the sidewalk.
10. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
(a) allied generals
(b) general and lieutenant
(c) opposing generals
(d) general and president
11. What game does Tom play with Joe Harper?
(a) King of the Hill
(b) Cowboys and Indians
(c) Robin Hood
(d) Civil War
12. What does Tom answer when the judge asks him who the first two apostles were?
(a) Abraham and Isaac
(b) Peter and Paul
(c) Mary and Joseph
(d) David and Goliath
13. Why does Becky miss school?
(a) She is visiting relatives.
(b) She goes on a trip abroad.
(c) She begins taking lessons at home.
(d) She is ill.
14. Where does Becky meet Tom at lunchtime?
(a) at the school
(b) at the town square
(c) at Becky's house
(d) in the woods
15. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) a Sunday hat
(b) new Sunday clothes
(c) a new Bible
(d) a shiny cross
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom beats up the strange boy, what does he tell the boy to holler to make him stop?
2. What do the boys use to prick their fingers?
3. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
4. What wakes Tom?
5. What does Tom say will happen if the boys break their pact?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)