|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the boys during their funeral?
(a) in the unused gallery
(b) behind the last row of pews
(c) under the altar
(d) in the basement store room
2. What are the men at the graveyard for?
(a) to rob a grave
(b) to bury a body
(c) to steal a tombstone
(d) to bury treasure
3. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
(a) He denies himself the pleasure of playing hooky.
(b) He studies his Bible verses for Sunday school.
(c) He brings gifts to Muff Potter.
(d) He does all his chores for Aunt Polly.
4. What task does Polly give Tom as punishment?
(a) mopping the floor
(b) digging trenches in the garden
(c) whitewashing the fence
(d) carrying water buckets
5. Where does Becky meet Tom at lunchtime?
(a) in the woods
(b) at Becky's house
(c) at the school
(d) at the town square
6. Who has earned the most rewards in Tom's Sunday School?
(a) a German boy
(b) Ben Rodgers
(c) Jeff Thatcher
7. What time is it, when Tom thinks it must be dawn while he is waiting to meet Huck?
(a) twelve o'clock
(b) eleven o'clock
(c) ten o'clock
(d) nine o'clock
8. What does Becky wish she had?
(a) a lock of Tom's hair for a necklace
(b) a raft to run away down the river
(c) the brass knob Tom tried to give her
(d) poison to commit suicide with
9. What animal gets into a conflict with the bug Tom has brought into church?
(a) a piglet
(b) a cat
(c) a canary
(d) a poodle
10. Where has Tom's cousin Mary been for the last week?
(a) in the country
(b) at an art school
(c) visiting her grandmother
(d) at a Bible school
11. What is Tom's reaction to his bath?
(a) Tom hates taking a bath and tries to only pretend to take one.
(b) Tom goes to sleep in the bath because he's bored.
(c) Tom procrastinates in the bath, playing sailor.
(d) Tom sings loudly and out of key in the bath.
12. What does Ben trade to Tom?
(a) a pear
(b) a peach
(c) an apple
(d) an orange
13. What does Huck tell Tom is bound to happen if the doctor is dead?
(a) Someone will be thown in prison.
(b) Spirits will be blamed.
(c) Someone will be hanged.
(d) The doctor's ghost will come back to haunt Joe.
14. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
(a) Mary and Sid will miss him.
(b) Becky won't even mourn for him.
(c) His Sunday School record is not good.
(d) His aunt will miss him.
15. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) a knife
(b) a slingshot
(c) new shoes
(d) a fishing pole
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
2. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
3. What does Huck teach the other boys?
4. What does Tom give to Becky?
5. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)