|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say is wrong with him?
(a) He says he has gout.
(b) He says his appendix has burst.
(c) He says he has leprocy.
(d) He says his toe is mortified.
2. How does Tom wake Sid?
(a) Tom shakes Sid and calls his name.
(b) Tom pushes Sid out of bed.
(c) Tom's moaning wakes Sid.
(d) Tom splashes water on Sid.
3. What does Tom trade his tooth for?
(a) a marble
(b) an arrow
(c) a tick
(d) a matchbook
4. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
(a) an upset stomach
(b) a sprained wrist
(c) a cut on his knee
(d) a loose tooth
5. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
(a) an acrobat
(b) a pirate
(c) a statesman
(d) an actor
6. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
(a) They reinact the murder in the schoolyard.
(b) They sing a song about Murdering Muff.
(c) They hold inquests on dead cats.
(d) They make trips to the graveyard to find souvenirs.
7. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
(a) a rose
(b) a pansy
(c) a carnation
(d) a daisy
8. What do Tom and Huck take as an omen that they will die?
(a) a black cat yowling
(b) a stray dog howling
(c) an owl's cry
(d) a fox eating a rat
9. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
(a) They expect the sheriff to realize Joe is lying.
(b) They expect lightning to strike him down.
(c) They expect Joe to break down and confess.
(d) They expect Potter to remember what happened.
10. What noise does Tom make out the window, before climbing down?
(a) a cat's meow
(b) a crow's caw
(c) a dog's yowl
(d) a coyote's howl
11. What does the preacher do at the funeral service?
(c) gets angry
12. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
(a) witches' familiars gathering
(b) devils coming to get their own
(c) scavengers coming for the corpses
(d) spirits of the dead
13. What tonic does Aunt Polly give Tom to bring him out of his depressed mood?
(b) Reviving oil
(d) Cure-all elixir
14. What does Tom steal as he goes out to play after whitewashing the fence?
(a) a cookie
(b) a doughnut
(c) a peach
(d) some jam
15. What does Ben trade to Tom?
(a) an apple
(b) an orange
(c) a pear
(d) a peach
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the battle?
2. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
3. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
4. What does Tom do to stop himself from talking in his sleep?
5. What does Sid do that Tom gets blamed for?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)