|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32 and 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say that robbers bury under a tree with their treasure?
(a) a cursed cross
(b) a witch's finger
(c) a dead man
(d) a box of toadstools
2. Does Huck tell the Welshman the Spaniard's true identity?
(a) Yes, but only after much prompting and promising to protect Huck.
(b) No, but Huck is sorely tempted to tell the truth.
(c) No, Huck never thinks about giving away the secret.
(d) Yes, Huck tells him right away.
3. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
(a) a flower
(b) a silver teacup
(c) a ribbon
(d) a brass knob
4. What does Tom do when he plays hooky?
(a) He plays catch.
(b) He reads a book.
(c) He goes swimming.
(d) He plays baseball.
5. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
(a) spirits of the dead
(b) witches' familiars gathering
(c) devils coming to get their own
(d) scavengers coming for the corpses
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck sign his name?
2. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
3. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
4. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
5. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)