|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32 and 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Muff leave behind?
(a) the murder weapon
(b) his shoe
(c) a cigarette butt
(d) his jacket
2. Why doesn't Huck want to tell what the boys saw?
(a) He's afraid no one will believe them.
(b) He's afraid he'll be arrested.
(c) He doesn't want to have to testify in court.
(d) He's afraid Injun Joe might kill them.
3. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
(a) devils coming to get their own
(b) spirits of the dead
(c) scavengers coming for the corpses
(d) witches' familiars gathering
4. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
(a) A man who identified Potter as buying the murder weapon.
(b) A man who heard Potter threaten the doctor.
(c) A man who saw Potter washing in a stream in the early hours.
(d) A man who saw Potter meeting secretively with the doctor.
5. What is the object of the game?
(a) to keep the tick on the player's side
(b) to keep the tick moving
(c) to move the tick to the other side
(d) to move the tick in a perfect circle
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
2. What serves as a field for their tick game?
3. What does Tom say is wrong with him?
4. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
5. What does Tom say the Widow Douglas has for children?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)