|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
(a) because Tom is late
(b) because it's his turn to sit with the girls
(c) because Tom is too noisy with the boys
(d) because the classroom is short of chairs
2. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
(a) Potter thinks his footprints were found at the graveyard.
(b) Potter thinks the doctor has recovered and accused him.
(c) Potter thinks Injun Joe has accused him.
(d) Potter thinks someone saw him running from the scene.
3. What does the stranger do through the window while Tom stands outside his house?
(a) yells at Tom
(b) clenches his fist
(c) throws rocks
(d) makes faces
4. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
(a) Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
(b) the Sermon on the Mount
(c) the Gettysburg Address
(d) Washington's Farewell Address
5. Who is the first friend who agrees to go hunting for treasure with Tom?
(a) Ben Rogers
(b) Huck Finn
(c) Jeff Thatcher
(d) Joe Harper
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Joe and Tom feel guilty about?
2. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
3. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
4. What does Muff leave behind?
5. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)