|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Huck tells Polly the truth.
(b) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
(c) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(d) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
2. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
(a) They expect Joe to break down and confess.
(b) They expect the sheriff to realize Joe is lying.
(c) They expect lightning to strike him down.
(d) They expect Potter to remember what happened.
3. What game does Tom play with Joe Harper?
(a) King of the Hill
(b) Cowboys and Indians
(c) Robin Hood
(d) Civil War
4. Does Tom leave Aunt Polly his note?
(a) No, he changes his mind at the last minute.
(b) No, he never planned to give Polly a note.
(c) Yes, he leaves the note on her bed.
(d) Yes, he leaves the note by the bedside, but the wind blows it away.
5. What does the boy Becky spent time with do to Tom when he finds out he's been used?
(a) He stops Tom on the street and fights him.
(b) He sneaks into Tom's house and breaks dishes.
(c) He tears up Tom's math book.
(d) He pours ink on Tom's spelling book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the schoolmaster do after learning of the news?
2. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
3. Before the trial, does any of the town gossip speculate that Muff Potter is innocent?
4. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
5. What does Tom trade his tooth for?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)