|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sid do that Tom gets blamed for?
(a) Sid hides the napkins.
(b) Sid breaks the sugar bowl.
(c) Sid lets the cat out.
(d) Sid eats all the dessert.
2. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
3. What does Tom say will happen if the boys break their pact?
(a) They will go to Hell.
(b) They will never be friends again.
(c) They will drop down dead.
(d) They will suffer an agonizing illness.
4. What does the schoolmaster do after learning of the news?
(a) He holds a school assembly.
(b) He gives the classes a ten minute mourning period.
(c) He closes the school for the day.
(d) He leaves school but makes the teachers continue working.
5. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
(a) stayed away longer
(b) waited until after the funeral to reveal himself
(c) come to let her know he was alive
(d) come back home sooner
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom awakens the next morning, what does he think of his and Huck's adventure in the haunted house?
2. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
3. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
4. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
5. What does Tom answer when the judge asks him who the first two apostles were?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)