|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
(a) He fears the doctor's ghost will rise up.
(b) He fears the person is hinting Tom knows something.
(c) He fears Muff Potter will not be convicted.
(d) He fears he will be accused of the murder.
2. What task does Polly give Tom as punishment?
(a) whitewashing the fence
(b) digging trenches in the garden
(c) mopping the floor
(d) carrying water buckets
3. How does Tom react to Becky when he goes back to school?
(a) He shows off for her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He asks her to forgive him.
(d) He follows her everywhere.
4. What day of the week is a bad day to visit a haunted house?
5. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
(a) She pulls it out with pliers.
(b) She gives him an apple to bite into.
(c) She gives him gum to chew.
(d) She pulls it out with string.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
2. Who is Jim?
3. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
4. What source of food do the boys find on the island?
5. What wakes Tom?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)