|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Tom contract during vacation?
(b) chicken pox
(d) whooping cough
2. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
(b) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
(c) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(d) Huck tells Polly the truth.
3. What person does Tom make up to threaten the stranger with?
(a) a powerful father
(b) a big sister
(c) a big brother
(d) a friend who is a schoolmaster
4. What does Huck decide to do when the men come out of No. 2?
(a) sound an alarm
(b) go find Tom
(c) search No. 2
(d) follow them
5. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's professed illness?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She scolds him for lying.
(c) She takes him to the doctor.
(d) She spanks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Huck take as an omen that they will die?
2. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
3. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
4. Why does Tom decide to run away?
5. What does Tom say will happen if the boys break their pact?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)