|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
(b) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
(c) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
(d) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
2. What is Tom's reaction to his bath?
(a) Tom sings loudly and out of key in the bath.
(b) Tom procrastinates in the bath, playing sailor.
(c) Tom goes to sleep in the bath because he's bored.
(d) Tom hates taking a bath and tries to only pretend to take one.
3. Why does Tom decide to run away?
(a) He is afraid Huck will break their pact.
(b) Aunt Polly won't stop giving him medicines.
(c) Tom is failing in school and will be held back.
(d) Becky scorns him when she comes back to school.
4. What prevented Injun Joe from taking off on Friday?
(a) Tom and Huck playing in view of the haunted house.
(b) Injun Joe needs a map of the river before he can leave.
(c) Injun Joe needs extra cash before he can leave.
(d) The sheriff still searching for Injun Joe for murder.
5. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
(a) They expect Joe to break down and confess.
(b) They expect Potter to remember what happened.
(c) They expect the sheriff to realize Joe is lying.
(d) They expect lightning to strike him down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the boys to get to the cemetery?
2. What does Tom imagine after his aunt hits him and does not apologize?
3. Why does Tom say robbers fail to come get their treasures?
4. What does Tom steal as he goes out to play after whitewashing the fence?
5. Who has earned the most rewards in Tom's Sunday School?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)