|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the boys during their funeral?
(a) in the basement store room
(b) under the altar
(c) in the unused gallery
(d) behind the last row of pews
2. What does Tom give to Becky?
(a) a pear
(b) an apple
(c) an orange
(d) a peach
3. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
(a) Tom didn't want to betray his fellow pirates, Joe and Huck.
(b) Tom thought Polly would be angry if she knew he'd been to the house.
(c) Tom didn't want to spoil the effect of appearing at the funeral.
(d) Tom didn't want Sid and Mary to find out he was alive.
4. How does Tom wake Sid?
(a) Tom's moaning wakes Sid.
(b) Tom shakes Sid and calls his name.
(c) Tom pushes Sid out of bed.
(d) Tom splashes water on Sid.
5. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
(a) They sing a song about Murdering Muff.
(b) They hold inquests on dead cats.
(c) They reinact the murder in the schoolyard.
(d) They make trips to the graveyard to find souvenirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say is wrong with him?
2. How does Becky make Tom jealous?
3. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
4. What does Muff leave behind?
5. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)