|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) bacon and fish
(b) dry crackers
(c) apples and bread
(d) cheese and stolen eggs
2. What wakes Tom the next morning?
(a) Tom wakes on his own.
(b) Aunt Polly yells at Tom to wake him.
(c) Sid pours water on Tom.
(d) Mary shakes Tom awake.
3. What does Tom say that he dreamed?
(a) the townspeople on the ferry searching for the boys' bodies
(b) the scene of him appearing in the church at his funeral
(c) the scene he witnessed when he sneaked over to the house
(d) witnessing the doctor's death at the graveyard
4. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
(a) devils coming to get their own
(b) witches' familiars gathering
(c) spirits of the dead
(d) scavengers coming for the corpses
5. How does Judge Frazer let Tom down?
(a) He leaves the town without giving word.
(b) He dies before telling Tom the secret Tom's waiting for.
(c) He dies, just when Tom thought he was getting well.
(d) He gets sick and so will miss Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's professed illness?
2. Who is Amy Lawrence?
3. What does Tom write the pact between the boys on?
4. What illness does Tom contract during vacation?
5. What person does Tom make up to threaten the stranger with?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)