|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tonic does Aunt Polly give Tom to bring him out of his depressed mood?
(a) Reviving oil
(b) Cure-all elixir
2. What task does Polly give Tom as punishment?
(a) digging trenches in the garden
(b) mopping the floor
(c) whitewashing the fence
(d) carrying water buckets
3. How does Tom feel when he gets to school?
4. What does Tom say is wrong with him?
(a) He says he has leprocy.
(b) He says he has gout.
(c) He says his toe is mortified.
(d) He says his appendix has burst.
5. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
(a) Tom asks him to play with the boys in the woods.
(b) Tom shows off by doing tricks on the sidewalk.
(c) Tom pulls her out of the window and runs down to the river with her.
(d) Tom pretends to ignore her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom try to do during the sermon?
2. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
3. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
4. What source of food do the boys find on the island?
5. How long does it take the boys to get to the cemetery?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)