|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Huck want to tell what the boys saw?
(a) He's afraid Injun Joe might kill them.
(b) He doesn't want to have to testify in court.
(c) He's afraid no one will believe them.
(d) He's afraid he'll be arrested.
2. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
(a) He fears the doctor's ghost will rise up.
(b) He fears he will be accused of the murder.
(c) He fears Muff Potter will not be convicted.
(d) He fears the person is hinting Tom knows something.
3. Where does Becky meet Tom at lunchtime?
(a) at the school
(b) at Becky's house
(c) at the town square
(d) in the woods
4. What source of food do the boys find on the island?
(a) peach trees
(b) a fishing pond
(c) wild chickens
(d) turtle eggs
5. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
(a) She pulls it out with string.
(b) She gives him gum to chew.
(c) She gives him an apple to bite into.
(d) She pulls it out with pliers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom react to Becky when he goes back to school?
2. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
3. What serves as a field for their tick game?
4. What does Tom imagine after his aunt hits him and does not apologize?
5. What is Tom's attitude when he first takes the stand?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)