|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do to stop himself from talking in his sleep?
(a) He stuffs the covers into his mouth.
(b) He drinks cinnamon and chamomile tea.
(c) He ties up his jaw, complaining of toothache.
(d) He sleeps on his stomach with his head in the pillow.
2. What do the boys use to prick their fingers?
(a) a pine needle
(b) the tip of a pen
(c) Tom's needle
(d) a brass pin
3. During the trial, what does the defense attorney ask the witness who saw Muff Potter washing at a creek?
(a) how he could recognize Muff from so far away
(b) whether he wears glasses
(d) how he could recognize Muff in the dark
4. How does Huck sign his name?
(a) Huck makes an X instead of his name.
(b) Huck writes "Mr. Finn."
(c) Tom shows Huck how to make an H and an F.
(d) Huck writes out his full given name.
5. What does Tom say is wrong with him?
(a) He says he has leprocy.
(b) He says his appendix has burst.
(c) He says his toe is mortified.
(d) He says he has gout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Tom's cousin Mary been for the last week?
2. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
3. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
4. What does Tom imagine after his aunt hits him and does not apologize?
5. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)