|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polly give Tom as reward for finishing his chore?
(a) an orange
(b) a piece of pie
(c) an apple
(d) a cookie
2. Why does Becky miss school?
(a) She begins taking lessons at home.
(b) She goes on a trip abroad.
(c) She is visiting relatives.
(d) She is ill.
3. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
(a) They expect lightning to strike him down.
(b) They expect Joe to break down and confess.
(c) They expect Potter to remember what happened.
(d) They expect the sheriff to realize Joe is lying.
4. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
(a) the Sermon on the Mount
(b) Washington's Farewell Address
(c) the Gettysburg Address
(d) Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
5. What does Tom give to Becky?
(a) an orange
(b) a peach
(c) a pear
(d) an apple
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom imagine after his aunt hits him and does not apologize?
2. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
3. What tonic does Aunt Polly give Tom to bring him out of his depressed mood?
4. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
5. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)