|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
(b) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
(c) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
(d) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
2. Where does Tom sneak off to during the night on the island?
(a) the town hall
(b) Joe's house
(c) Aunt Polly's house
(d) the schoolhouse
3. What does Polly say that Tom should have done?
(a) come to let her know he was alive
(b) stayed away longer
(c) waited until after the funeral to reveal himself
(d) come back home sooner
4. What is Ben Rogers doing when he comes across Tom?
(a) mimicking a schoolteacher
(b) imagining he's an airplane
(c) impersonating a steamboat
(d) pretending to be a monkey
5. Why are the Sunday School students given colored tickets?
(a) for helping with the Sunday service
(b) for learning Bible verses
(c) for the church raffle
(d) for attendance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
2. What color is the schoolmaster's bald head, when the pranksters cause a cat to snatch his wig away?
3. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
4. What do Tom and Huck take as an omen that they will die?
5. What does the stranger do through the window while Tom stands outside his house?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)