|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom join the Cadets of Temperance?
(a) His aunt makes him.
(b) He's decided to turn over a new leaf.
(c) He likes their uniforms.
(d) He wants to impress Becky.
2. What does Tom do to stop himself from talking in his sleep?
(a) He sleeps on his stomach with his head in the pillow.
(b) He stuffs the covers into his mouth.
(c) He ties up his jaw, complaining of toothache.
(d) He drinks cinnamon and chamomile tea.
3. What is Muff Potter's reaction when Tom is called as a witness?
4. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
(a) Mary and Sid will miss him.
(b) His Sunday School record is not good.
(c) His aunt will miss him.
(d) Becky won't even mourn for him.
5. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) apples and bread
(b) cheese and stolen eggs
(c) bacon and fish
(d) dry crackers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becky wish she had?
2. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
3. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
4. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
5. What do the boys use to prick their fingers?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)