|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What source of food do the boys find on the island?
(a) a fishing pond
(b) wild chickens
(c) turtle eggs
(d) peach trees
2. Why does Tom decide to run away?
(a) Tom is failing in school and will be held back.
(b) Becky scorns him when she comes back to school.
(c) He is afraid Huck will break their pact.
(d) Aunt Polly won't stop giving him medicines.
3. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
(a) The animal is sitting in a patch of daisies.
(b) The animal has a white stripe.
(c) The animal's back is to them.
(d) The animal runs off when they approach.
4. How does Tom wake Sid?
(a) Tom pushes Sid out of bed.
(b) Tom's moaning wakes Sid.
(c) Tom splashes water on Sid.
(d) Tom shakes Sid and calls his name.
5. What role do Tom and Joe Harper take in the battle?
(a) opposing generals
(b) general and president
(c) allied generals
(d) general and lieutenant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
2. How did the boys get to shore from their island?
3. What does the stranger do through the window while Tom stands outside his house?
4. What noise does Tom make out the window, before climbing down?
5. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)