|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
(a) He fears Muff Potter will not be convicted.
(b) He fears he will be accused of the murder.
(c) He fears the doctor's ghost will rise up.
(d) He fears the person is hinting Tom knows something.
2. What serves as a field for their tick game?
(a) Tom's sleeve
(b) Joe's slate
(c) Tom's desk
(d) Joe's shoe
3. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to meet him on the weekend
(b) to go steady
(c) to run away with him
(d) to be engaged
4. Does Sid believe Tom is sick?
(a) Yes, he runs to tell Polly that Tom is dying.
(b) Yes, but he thinks Tom is exaggerating.
(c) No, he thinks Tom is trying to get him in trouble.
(d) No, he thinks Tom is faking to get out of school.
5. Why do the boys realize they're mistaken about the omen?
(a) The animal's back is to them.
(b) The animal is sitting in a patch of daisies.
(c) The animal runs off when they approach.
(d) The animal has a white stripe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the trial, does any of the town gossip speculate that Muff Potter is innocent?
2. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
3. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
4. How does Tom wake Sid?
5. Why does Tom join the Cadets of Temperance?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)