|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
(a) a silver teacup
(b) a ribbon
(c) a brass knob
(d) a flower
2. What do the three men have with them?
(a) a trunk, a shovel, and a pick
(b) a wheelbarrow, rope, and a shovel
(c) rope, a pulley, and a black bag
(d) a wagon, spades, and a black bag
3. What noise does Tom make out the window, before climbing down?
(a) a cat's meow
(b) a dog's yowl
(c) a crow's caw
(d) a coyote's howl
4. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
(a) He is confident about finding Potter within the week.
(b) He thinks they will find Potter dead.
(c) He is sure Potter has escaped.
(d) He is confident about finding Potter before dark.
5. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
(a) Tom shows off by doing tricks on the sidewalk.
(b) Tom pretends to ignore her.
(c) Tom pulls her out of the window and runs down to the river with her.
(d) Tom asks him to play with the boys in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Sunday School students given colored tickets?
2. Who wins the battle?
3. What tonic does Aunt Polly give Tom to bring him out of his depressed mood?
4. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
5. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)