|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jim?
(a) a runaway who lives in the woods
(b) a black boy who works at the house
(c) Tom's half-brother
(d) Tom's friend from school
2. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
(a) by the mayor's announcement
(b) by telegraph
(c) by the newspaper
(d) by word of mouth
3. How does Huck sign his name?
(a) Huck makes an X instead of his name.
(b) Tom shows Huck how to make an H and an F.
(c) Huck writes out his full given name.
(d) Huck writes "Mr. Finn."
4. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
(a) A man who saw Potter washing in a stream in the early hours.
(b) A man who heard Potter threaten the doctor.
(c) A man who identified Potter as buying the murder weapon.
(d) A man who saw Potter meeting secretively with the doctor.
5. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
(a) They make trips to the graveyard to find souvenirs.
(b) They sing a song about Murdering Muff.
(c) They hold inquests on dead cats.
(d) They reinact the murder in the schoolyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tickets are needed to earn a prize?
2. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
3. What do the boys use to prick their fingers?
4. Where does the town gather?
5. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)