|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Huck want to tell what the boys saw?
(a) He doesn't want to have to testify in court.
(b) He's afraid no one will believe them.
(c) He's afraid Injun Joe might kill them.
(d) He's afraid he'll be arrested.
2. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's professed illness?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She scolds him for lying.
(c) She takes him to the doctor.
(d) She spanks him.
3. What person does Tom make up to threaten the stranger with?
(a) a powerful father
(b) a big brother
(c) a friend who is a schoolmaster
(d) a big sister
4. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
(a) They expect lightning to strike him down.
(b) They expect Joe to break down and confess.
(c) They expect Potter to remember what happened.
(d) They expect the sheriff to realize Joe is lying.
5. What does Huck tell Tom is bound to happen if the doctor is dead?
(a) Someone will be thown in prison.
(b) The doctor's ghost will come back to haunt Joe.
(c) Spirits will be blamed.
(d) Someone will be hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serves as a field for their tick game?
2. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
3. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
4. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
5. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)