|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
(a) scavengers coming for the corpses
(b) devils coming to get their own
(c) spirits of the dead
(d) witches' familiars gathering
2. What does Muff leave behind?
(a) his shoe
(b) his jacket
(c) the murder weapon
(d) a cigarette butt
3. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
(a) They sing a song about Murdering Muff.
(b) They hold inquests on dead cats.
(c) They make trips to the graveyard to find souvenirs.
(d) They reinact the murder in the schoolyard.
4. How is Aunt Polly related to Tom?
(a) Tom is Polly's husband's sister's son.
(b) Tom is Polly's sister's son.
(c) Tom is Polly's brother's son.
(d) Tom is Polly's husband's brother's son.
5. What does Potter say when he's caught?
(a) He accuses Injun Joe of committing the murder.
(b) He claims that he didn't kill the doctor.
(c) He says that he doesn't remember what happened.
(d) He confesses to the killing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
2. What is the potential consequence Tom heard that the illness could have?
3. Why are the Sunday School students given colored tickets?
4. What does Aunt Polly do to Tom for going out at night?
5. What do the three men have with them?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)