|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polly give Tom as reward for finishing his chore?
(a) a cookie
(b) a piece of pie
(c) an apple
(d) an orange
2. What do the men fight over?
(a) who is doing the most work
(c) if the doctor will turn them in
(d) how long their task is taking
3. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
(a) because Tom is late
(b) because Tom is too noisy with the boys
(c) because the classroom is short of chairs
(d) because it's his turn to sit with the girls
4. Where does Becky meet Tom at lunchtime?
(a) at Becky's house
(b) at the school
(c) at the town square
(d) in the woods
5. Who is Jim?
(a) a black boy who works at the house
(b) Tom's half-brother
(c) a runaway who lives in the woods
(d) Tom's friend from school
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom get his tickets?
2. Where does Tom go to be alone?
3. What does Tom say the sound of the wind in the trees might be?
4. What are the men at the graveyard for?
5. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)