|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger do through the window while Tom stands outside his house?
(a) clenches his fist
(b) throws rocks
(c) yells at Tom
(d) makes faces
2. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
(a) His Sunday School record is not good.
(b) Becky won't even mourn for him.
(c) Mary and Sid will miss him.
(d) His aunt will miss him.
3. Where does Tom go to be alone?
(a) an empty cabin in the woods
(b) a log raft in the river
(c) a crawlspace under the school
(d) a field out by the fishing pond
4. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
(a) a sprained wrist
(b) a cut on his knee
(c) a loose tooth
(d) an upset stomach
5. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to meet him on the weekend
(b) to go steady
(c) to be engaged
(d) to run away with him
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom wake Sid?
2. What happens to the doctor?
3. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
4. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
5. What noise does Tom make out the window, before climbing down?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)