|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the boys to get to the cemetery?
(a) five minutes
(b) an hour and a half
(c) a half hour
(d) an hour
2. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
(a) Tom pretends to ignore her.
(b) Tom pulls her out of the window and runs down to the river with her.
(c) Tom shows off by doing tricks on the sidewalk.
(d) Tom asks him to play with the boys in the woods.
3. What does Muff leave behind?
(a) a cigarette butt
(b) his shoe
(c) his jacket
(d) the murder weapon
4. Who breaks the rules of the game?
(a) Tom, by playing with the tick during Joe's turn
(b) Joe, by dropping the tick on the floor
(c) Joe, by smashing the tick
(d) Tom, by letting the tick out the window
5. Who has earned the most rewards in Tom's Sunday School?
(a) Ben Rodgers
(b) Jeff Thatcher
(d) a German boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
2. Where does Aunt Polly find Tom?
3. What does Tom try to do during the sermon?
4. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
5. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)