|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
(a) His Sunday School record is not good.
(b) His aunt will miss him.
(c) Becky won't even mourn for him.
(d) Mary and Sid will miss him.
2. Why does the teacher seat Tom with the girls?
(a) because Tom is late
(b) because Tom is too noisy with the boys
(c) because it's his turn to sit with the girls
(d) because the classroom is short of chairs
3. Who comes to visit the Sunday School class?
(a) Sherriff Johson
(b) Parson Bridges
(c) Judge Thatcher
(d) Mayor Ellway
4. What does Sid do that Tom gets blamed for?
(a) Sid eats all the dessert.
(b) Sid hides the napkins.
(c) Sid breaks the sugar bowl.
(d) Sid lets the cat out.
5. What does Tom answer when the judge asks him who the first two apostles were?
(a) David and Goliath
(b) Peter and Paul
(c) Abraham and Isaac
(d) Mary and Joseph
Short Answer Questions
1. What person does Tom make up to threaten the stranger with?
2. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
3. What does the new girl throw to Tom?
4. Where does Tom go to be alone?
5. Who breaks the rules of the game?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)