|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the trial, does any of the town gossip speculate that Muff Potter is innocent?
(a) No, everyone in town thinks Muff is a murderer.
(b) Yes, a large number of people are skeptical that Muff is a murderer.
(c) Yes, a few people won't believe that Muff is a killer.
(d) No, but many people find it hard to believe Muff is a murderer.
2. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
(a) They think Muff would refuse to leave.
(b) They think they'd be caught and tried as accessories.
(c) They think Injun Joe would kill Muff if he escaped.
(d) They think he'll just be caught again.
3. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) dry crackers
(b) bacon and fish
(c) cheese and stolen eggs
(d) apples and bread
4. Does Tom leave Aunt Polly his note?
(a) Yes, he leaves the note on her bed.
(b) No, he changes his mind at the last minute.
(c) No, he never planned to give Polly a note.
(d) Yes, he leaves the note by the bedside, but the wind blows it away.
5. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
(b) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
(c) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
(d) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has earned the most rewards in Tom's Sunday School?
2. What animal gets into a conflict with the bug Tom has brought into church?
3. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
4. What does Tom ask Becky?
5. What does Tom do when he sees the new girl?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)