|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Tom's cousin Mary been for the last week?
(a) visiting her grandmother
(b) in the country
(c) at an art school
(d) at a Bible school
2. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
(a) Becky won't even mourn for him.
(b) His Sunday School record is not good.
(c) Mary and Sid will miss him.
(d) His aunt will miss him.
3. Who breaks the rules of the game?
(a) Joe, by smashing the tick
(b) Joe, by dropping the tick on the floor
(c) Tom, by playing with the tick during Joe's turn
(d) Tom, by letting the tick out the window
4. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
(a) He is sure Potter has escaped.
(b) He is confident about finding Potter within the week.
(c) He thinks they will find Potter dead.
(d) He is confident about finding Potter before dark.
5. Why does Becky miss school?
(a) She goes on a trip abroad.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is visiting relatives.
(d) She begins taking lessons at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Tom the next morning?
2. What do the townspeople use to try to make the boys' bodies come to the surface?
3. What is Aunt Polly's reaction to Tom's professed illness?
4. Who does Tom meet on his way to school?
5. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)