|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Tom and Huck think it's useless to break Muff out of prison?
(a) They think Injun Joe would kill Muff if he escaped.
(b) They think Muff would refuse to leave.
(c) They think they'd be caught and tried as accessories.
(d) They think he'll just be caught again.
2. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
(a) the Sermon on the Mount
(b) Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
(c) the Gettysburg Address
(d) Washington's Farewell Address
3. What animal gets into a conflict with the bug Tom has brought into church?
(a) a piglet
(b) a canary
(c) a cat
(d) a poodle
4. What is the only thing Tom finds wrong with him, when he wakes up Monday morning?
(a) an upset stomach
(b) a cut on his knee
(c) a loose tooth
(d) a sprained wrist
5. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
(a) She gives him an apple to bite into.
(b) She pulls it out with string.
(c) She pulls it out with pliers.
(d) She gives him gum to chew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom fear whenever someone gossips to him about the murder?
2. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
3. What does Huck say he'd do with treasure?
4. What does Tom imagine after his aunt hits him and does not apologize?
5. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)