|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Huck's attitude toward marriage?
(a) He thinks marriage to anyone would be grand.
(b) He is afraid of marriage because his wife could die.
(c) He thinks marriage is always unhappy and ends in fighting.
(d) He dreams of getting married to the right girl.
2. What does Tom ask Becky?
(a) to go steady
(b) to run away with him
(c) to be engaged
(d) to meet him on the weekend
3. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) apples and bread
(b) cheese and stolen eggs
(c) bacon and fish
(d) dry crackers
4. What does Mary promise Tom for memorizing his Bible verses?
(a) a knife
(b) a slingshot
(c) a fishing pole
(d) new shoes
5. What does Tom do to stop himself from talking in his sleep?
(a) He sleeps on his stomach with his head in the pillow.
(b) He stuffs the covers into his mouth.
(c) He ties up his jaw, complaining of toothache.
(d) He drinks cinnamon and chamomile tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
2. What does Tom give to Becky?
3. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
4. How many tickets are needed to earn a prize?
5. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)