|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom try to do during the sermon?
(a) catch a fly
(b) pry up a floorboard
(c) sneak off his shoes
(d) steal a hymnal
2. What does Aunt Polly do about Tom's loose tooth?
(a) She gives him gum to chew.
(b) She gives him an apple to bite into.
(c) She pulls it out with string.
(d) She pulls it out with pliers.
3. What serves as a field for their tick game?
(a) Tom's desk
(b) Tom's sleeve
(c) Joe's slate
(d) Joe's shoe
4. Who is Amy Lawrence?
(a) Amy is Tom's beloved, who fickle Tom forgets.
(b) Amy is Jeff's cousin, who Tom thinks is beautiful.
(c) Amy is Tom's teacher, who Tom has a crush on.
(d) Amy is Sid's beloved, who Tom makes trouble with.
5. What speech does Tom make on examination day?
(a) Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
(b) Washington's Farewell Address
(c) the Sermon on the Mount
(d) the Gettysburg Address
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Joe use to play with the tick?
2. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
3. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
4. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
5. Before the trial, does any of the town gossip speculate that Muff Potter is innocent?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)