|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
(a) He denies himself the pleasure of playing hooky.
(b) He studies his Bible verses for Sunday school.
(c) He brings gifts to Muff Potter.
(d) He does all his chores for Aunt Polly.
2. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
(a) A man who identified Potter as buying the murder weapon.
(b) A man who saw Potter washing in a stream in the early hours.
(c) A man who saw Potter meeting secretively with the doctor.
(d) A man who heard Potter threaten the doctor.
3. What does Tom answer when the judge asks him who the first two apostles were?
(a) David and Goliath
(b) Abraham and Isaac
(c) Peter and Paul
(d) Mary and Joseph
4. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
(a) Potter thinks someone saw him running from the scene.
(b) Potter thinks the doctor has recovered and accused him.
(c) Potter thinks his footprints were found at the graveyard.
(d) Potter thinks Injun Joe has accused him.
5. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) cheese and stolen eggs
(b) dry crackers
(c) apples and bread
(d) bacon and fish
Short Answer Questions
1. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
2. What do the townspeople use to try to make the boys' bodies come to the surface?
3. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
4. What does Tom try to do during the sermon?
5. What happens to the boys' raft?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)