|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
(a) Potter thinks the doctor has recovered and accused him.
(b) Potter thinks someone saw him running from the scene.
(c) Potter thinks his footprints were found at the graveyard.
(d) Potter thinks Injun Joe has accused him.
2. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be an actor
(b) to be the mayor
(c) to be a doctor
(d) to be a lawyer
3. What game does Tom play with Joe Harper?
(a) Civil War
(b) King of the Hill
(c) Robin Hood
(d) Cowboys and Indians
4. What does Tom do to stop himself from talking in his sleep?
(a) He stuffs the covers into his mouth.
(b) He sleeps on his stomach with his head in the pillow.
(c) He drinks cinnamon and chamomile tea.
(d) He ties up his jaw, complaining of toothache.
5. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
(a) He is sure Potter has escaped.
(b) He is confident about finding Potter within the week.
(c) He thinks they will find Potter dead.
(d) He is confident about finding Potter before dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
2. Who comes to visit the Sunday School class?
3. What makes Aunt Polly able to forgive Tom anything?
4. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
5. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)