|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
(a) a silver teacup
(b) a flower
(c) a brass knob
(d) a ribbon
2. What game does Tom play with Joe Harper?
(a) Robin Hood
(b) King of the Hill
(c) Civil War
(d) Cowboys and Indians
3. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
(a) by the mayor's announcement
(b) by word of mouth
(c) by telegraph
(d) by the newspaper
4. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
(b) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
(c) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
(d) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
5. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
(b) Huck tells Polly the truth.
(c) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(d) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
2. What does the sheriff say about catching Muff Potter?
3. What is Tom's reaction to his bath?
4. Where is Potter caught?
5. Who has earned the most rewards in Tom's Sunday School?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)