|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom sneak off to during the night on the island?
(a) Aunt Polly's house
(b) the town hall
(c) Joe's house
(d) the schoolhouse
2. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be a doctor
(b) to be the mayor
(c) to be a lawyer
(d) to be an actor
3. What serves as a field for their tick game?
(a) Tom's sleeve
(b) Tom's desk
(c) Joe's shoe
(d) Joe's slate
4. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
(a) His aunt will miss him.
(b) Mary and Sid will miss him.
(c) Becky won't even mourn for him.
(d) His Sunday School record is not good.
5. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
(a) Potter thinks someone saw him running from the scene.
(b) Potter thinks his footprints were found at the graveyard.
(c) Potter thinks the doctor has recovered and accused him.
(d) Potter thinks Injun Joe has accused him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom try to do during the sermon?
2. What do the townspeople use to try to make the boys' bodies come to the surface?
3. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
4. Who breaks the rules of the game?
5. What does Potter say when he's caught?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)