|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Potter say when he's caught?
(a) He claims that he didn't kill the doctor.
(b) He says that he doesn't remember what happened.
(c) He confesses to the killing.
(d) He accuses Injun Joe of committing the murder.
2. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(b) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
(c) Huck tells Polly the truth.
(d) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
3. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
(a) He brings gifts to Muff Potter.
(b) He denies himself the pleasure of playing hooky.
(c) He does all his chores for Aunt Polly.
(d) He studies his Bible verses for Sunday school.
4. What do the townspeople use to try to make the boys' bodies come to the surface?
(c) a cannon
5. What does Tom try to do during the sermon?
(a) sneak off his shoes
(b) catch a fly
(c) steal a hymnal
(d) pry up a floorboard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom ask Becky?
2. What serves as a field for their tick game?
3. How does Tom get his tickets?
4. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
5. Where does Tom sneak off to during the night on the island?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)