|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
(a) bacon and fish
(b) dry crackers
(c) apples and bread
(d) cheese and stolen eggs
2. What does Tom do to stop himself from talking in his sleep?
(a) He ties up his jaw, complaining of toothache.
(b) He sleeps on his stomach with his head in the pillow.
(c) He stuffs the covers into his mouth.
(d) He drinks cinnamon and chamomile tea.
3. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
(a) a ladybug
(b) a spider
(c) a beetle
(d) a grasshopper
4. Where does the town gather?
(a) the town square
(b) the town hall
(c) the schoolyard
(d) the graveyard
5. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
(a) by the mayor's announcement
(b) by the newspaper
(c) by word of mouth
(d) by telegraph
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople use to try to make the boys' bodies come to the surface?
2. How many tickets are needed to earn a prize?
3. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
4. Does Tom leave Aunt Polly his note?
5. Who breaks the rules of the game?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)