|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys expect to happen when Injun Joe lies about the murder?
(a) They expect Potter to remember what happened.
(b) They expect the sheriff to realize Joe is lying.
(c) They expect Joe to break down and confess.
(d) They expect lightning to strike him down.
2. What happens to the boys' raft?
(a) They dock it on the island.
(b) The current takes it away.
(c) It sinks during the night.
(d) They shove it out into the river.
3. What do Tom's classmates do, that constantly remind him of his problems?
(a) They reinact the murder in the schoolyard.
(b) They make trips to the graveyard to find souvenirs.
(c) They sing a song about Murdering Muff.
(d) They hold inquests on dead cats.
4. How long does Tom have to stay after school?
(a) one hour
(b) half an hour
(c) two hours
(d) forty-five minutes
5. Where does Becky meet Tom at lunchtime?
(a) at the town square
(b) at Becky's house
(c) at the school
(d) in the woods
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
2. What does Tom take out of his pocket during church?
3. At first, what does Potter think gave him away?
4. Who breaks the rules of the game?
5. Where is Potter caught?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)