|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Becky do that she thinks will get her in trouble?
(a) She breaks the lock on the teacher's desk.
(b) She throws a stone at Tom, and it goes through the schoolroom window.
(c) She accidentally tears a page of the teacher's book.
(d) She writes on her desk and then finds that it won't come off.
2. Where does the town gather?
(a) the schoolyard
(b) the graveyard
(c) the town square
(d) the town hall
3. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be an actor
(b) to be the mayor
(c) to be a lawyer
(d) to be a doctor
4. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
(a) Joe's mother tells Polly the truth.
(b) Sid finds out what happened and tells on Tom.
(c) Joe tells Polly the truth.
(d) Huck tells Polly the truth.
5. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
(a) Tom thought Polly would be angry if she knew he'd been to the house.
(b) Tom didn't want to betray his fellow pirates, Joe and Huck.
(c) Tom didn't want to spoil the effect of appearing at the funeral.
(d) Tom didn't want Sid and Mary to find out he was alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do that makes Becky cry?
2. Who comes to visit the Sunday School class?
3. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
4. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
5. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)