|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom offer Becky to console her?
(a) a brass knob
(b) a flower
(c) a ribbon
(d) a silver teacup
2. What was the schoolmaster's unfulfilled goal?
(a) to be the mayor
(b) to be a doctor
(c) to be an actor
(d) to be a lawyer
3. How does Tom get his tickets?
(a) Tom makes his own fake tickets.
(b) Tom steals tickets from the other children.
(c) Tom trades the other children for their tickets.
(d) Tom does chores to earn tickets.
4. Who breaks the rules of the game?
(a) Tom, by letting the tick out the window
(b) Tom, by playing with the tick during Joe's turn
(c) Joe, by dropping the tick on the floor
(d) Joe, by smashing the tick
5. What does Tom try to do during the sermon?
(a) pry up a floorboard
(b) steal a hymnal
(c) catch a fly
(d) sneak off his shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Aunt Polly able to forgive Tom anything?
2. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
3. What witness comes forward against Muff Potter?
4. What do the boys eat for breakfast after running away?
5. Why are the Sunday School students given colored tickets?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)