|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople use to try to make the boys' bodies come to the surface?
(d) a cannon
2. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
(a) by telegraph
(b) by the newspaper
(c) by word of mouth
(d) by the mayor's announcement
3. What reason does Tom give for not letting Polly know he was alive?
(a) Tom didn't want to spoil the effect of appearing at the funeral.
(b) Tom didn't want Sid and Mary to find out he was alive.
(c) Tom thought Polly would be angry if she knew he'd been to the house.
(d) Tom didn't want to betray his fellow pirates, Joe and Huck.
4. Where does Tom sneak off to during the night on the island?
(a) Joe's house
(b) the schoolhouse
(c) the town hall
(d) Aunt Polly's house
5. What does Tom "die" of during the game?
(a) a sword wound
(c) an arrow
(d) being stoned
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
2. What does Tom decide to run away to become?
3. What does the schoolmaster do after learning of the news?
4. How does Polly learn that Tom was lying about his dream?
5. What does Tom ask Becky?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)