|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does news of the murder travel through the town?
(a) by the mayor's announcement
(b) by word of mouth
(c) by the newspaper
(d) by telegraph
2. Who comes to visit the Sunday School class?
(a) Judge Thatcher
(b) Mayor Ellway
(c) Sherriff Johson
(d) Parson Bridges
3. What does the schoolmaster do after learning of the news?
(a) He closes the school for the day.
(b) He holds a school assembly.
(c) He gives the classes a ten minute mourning period.
(d) He leaves school but makes the teachers continue working.
4. How does Tom get his tickets?
(a) Tom does chores to earn tickets.
(b) Tom makes his own fake tickets.
(c) Tom steals tickets from the other children.
(d) Tom trades the other children for their tickets.
5. What can the children get with their Sunday School tickets?
(a) a new Bible
(b) a shiny cross
(c) a Sunday hat
(d) new Sunday clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Sunday School students given colored tickets?
2. What animal gets into a conflict with the bug Tom has brought into church?
3. What does Tom ask Becky?
4. What does Tom do to try to ease his conscience?
5. What thought discourages Tom from committing suicide?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)