Chapters 1 and 2
1. Where does Aunt Polly find Tom?
(a) in a closet
(b) in the outhouse
(c) beneath the covers
(d) behind a tree
2. What has Tom been eating that he wasn't supposed to eat?
3. How is Aunt Polly related to Tom?
(a) Tom is Polly's brother's son.
(b) Tom is Polly's husband's brother's son.
(c) Tom is Polly's sister's son.
(d) Tom is Polly's husband's sister's son.
4. Who is Jim?
(a) a black boy who works at the house
(b) a runaway who lives in the woods
(c) Tom's friend from school
(d) Tom's half-brother
5. What does Tom do when he plays hooky?
(a) He reads a book.
(b) He plays baseball.
(c) He goes swimming.
(d) He plays catch.
6. What is Tom's recent accomplishment?
(a) learning to catch tree frogs
(b) learning to throw a spitball
(c) learning to whistle
(d) learning to write in cursive
7. What task does Polly give Tom as punishment?
(a) digging trenches in the garden
(b) carrying water buckets
(c) whitewashing the fence
(d) mopping the floor
This section contains 5,193 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)