Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan decide to use in order to fix up the hole that continues to blow out in his boat?
2. Callahan decides that mankind is his ____________ and that he wants to live, even though he is in a terrible position.
3. What does Callahan drape on the top of his boat in order to help it dry out and to keep the canopy area cool?
4. The fishermen decide to through their hooks into the water and catch most of the ____________ of Callahan.
5. Callahan imagines that someday his ex-wife might dine upon a __________ which fed upon his corpse.
Essay Topic 1
Callahan is an experienced sailor and so it seems that he is able to know what he needs to do in order to survive.
Part 1: Do you think society as a whole knows what they would need to do in Callahan's situation?
Part 2: Do you think Callahan's experience increased his rate of survival?
Part 3: How do you think a non-experienced sailor might react in this sort of survival situation?
Essay Topic 2
Several times, it seems that Callahan might have been able to be rescued from his boat.
Part 1: Why do you think that Callahan's continued efforts to signal were not seen or heard?
Part 2: Is there anything else that Callahan could have done to be noticed? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Callahan had the right tools in order to be noticed in the Atlantic Ocean?
Essay Topic 3
Callahan immediately wonders what supplies he did not take with him when he has to move onto his life raft.
Part 1: Why do you think Callahan didn't have his supplies readily available to him?
Part 2: What else might you have taken for supplies if you were in Callahan's situation?
Part 3: How do you think Callahan did with the supplies that he did take from the boat? Did he do well or not?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)