|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the final solar still finally breaks, Callahan only has _______ and dorado for sustenance as well as his emergency water supply.
2. When Callahan finds a strange mass in the ocean, he dines on the small __________ and shrimp which are located there.
3. What does Callahan believe to be possible about the warmer climes he is now encountering on his trip?
4. Since he is thirsty enough, Callahan decides to drink water from the ____________, although it makes him sick.
5. Later, Callahan accidentally punches a hole in the ___________ of the boat, although he fixes it quickly.
Essay Topic 1
Callahan immediately wonders what supplies he did not take with him when he has to move onto his life raft.
Part 1: Why do you think Callahan didn't have his supplies readily available to him?
Part 2: What else might you have taken for supplies if you were in Callahan's situation?
Part 3: How do you think Callahan did with the supplies that he did take from the boat? Did he do well or not?
Essay Topic 2
Callahan is rescued in the end but it seems that his new loss of complete freedom causes him to be frustrated with the world.
Part 1: What freedoms has Callahan lost as a result of being rescued from the sea?
Part 2: Do you think it's reasonable for Callahan to be upset that he can not do anything he wants to do?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if you were rescued after so many days at sea?
Essay Topic 3
The many health problems that plague Callahan during his trip seem unfathomable to those who have not been in this situation.
Part 1: How do you think you might have handled the many health problems and situations that Callahan did?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to be completely healthy when you're in a survival situation?
Part 3: Do you believe Callahan should have known better about how to take care of his health?
This section contains 1,624 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)