Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan decide to use in order to fix up the hole that continues to blow out in his boat?
2. Callahan decides that mankind is his ____________ and that he wants to live, even though he is in a terrible position.
3. What does Callahan drape on the top of his boat in order to help it dry out and to keep the canopy area cool?
4. The fishermen decide to through their hooks into the water and catch most of the ____________ of Callahan.
5. Callahan imagines that someday his ex-wife might dine upon a __________ which fed upon his corpse.
Callahan is rescued in the end but it seems that his new loss of complete freedom causes him to be frustrated with the world.
Part 1: What freedoms has Callahan lost as a result of being rescued from the sea?
Part 2: Do you think it's reasonable for Callahan to be upset that he can not do anything he wants to do?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if you were rescued after so many days at sea?
From the beginning, it seems that Callahan did not anticipate his boat capsizing, as all of his supplies were stored in the lower parts of the boat, out of reach.
Part 1: Do you think that Callahan was well prepared for his trans-Atlantic journey?
Part 2: How else do you think Callahan could have prepared for the journey across the ocean?
Part 3: Do you think it's better to prepare for the worst or assume everything will work out well?
The many health problems that plague Callahan during his trip seem unfathomable to those who have not been in this situation.
Part 1: How do you think you might have handled the many health problems and situations that Callahan did?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to be completely healthy when you're in a survival situation?
Part 3: Do you believe Callahan should have known better about how to take care of his health?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)