|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan use in order to create a makeshift sextant in order to plot his course?
(d) Rubber bands.
2. Who corrects the issue with the Napoleon Solo's mistaken label which allows the search to continue?
(a) The Coast Guard.
(b) Callahan's family.
(c) Callahan's ex-wife.
(d) A journalist.
3. Few people are hopeful that Callahan is alive back home, causing many to _______________.
(a) Sail to find him.
(b) Look harder.
(c) Give up the search.
(d) Tell the Coast Guard he is dead.
4. How often does Callahan need to pump air into the the lower tube of the raft since the fix didn't work?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) Every single minute.
(c) Every 10 minutes.
(d) Every 30 minutes.
5. Callahan decides it is his __________ which allows him to survive in the boat and in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan decide to use as a tip for his spear in order to fix the spear he has had for the duration of the trip?
2. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
3. What does Callahan use from the radar reflector in order to help make a rain collector?
4. What is suddenly mixed in with the water Callahan has been trying to collect in the canopy?
5. What helps to restore the good spirits and the energy to Callahan after a few days of suffering?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)