|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan decide to use in order to fix up the hole that continues to blow out in his boat?
(b) His finger.
2. Callahan decides that mankind is his ____________ and that he wants to live, even though he is in a terrible position.
3. What does Callahan drape on the top of his boat in order to help it dry out and to keep the canopy area cool?
(b) Sleeping bag.
(c) A coat.
(d) His shirt.
4. The fishermen decide to through their hooks into the water and catch most of the ____________ of Callahan.
5. Callahan imagines that someday his ex-wife might dine upon a __________ which fed upon his corpse.
(c) Sea urchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what island does Callahan realize he has come to as he meets the fishermen in the boat?
2. Where does Callahan want to go in order to get his mail before he flies back to Maine?
3. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
4. What does Callahan lose as the raft begins to swirl around in a circle as he is attempting to navigate?
5. Callahan estimates that he is eighteen days from ___________ so he rations out his food in order to make it the duration of the trip.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)