|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan realizes too that he is beginning to be unable to taste the _________ in the water.
2. What does Callahan catch, despite his weakness from the vomiting after drinking the water?
3. Which of the knives has snapped off the end of the spearhead, leaving Callahan with a less than effective instrument?
(a) Leather knife.
(b) Both knives.
(c) Butter knife.
(d) None of the knives has snapped off.
4. What has atrophied so severely that Callahan is unable to keep himself upright?
5. What Callahan did not know is that the Coast Guard did not list the Napoleon Solo as __________ since another ship was found.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria Galante is the smallest ___________ is the chain and that is where Callahan is finally taken.
2. Callahan sees the tragic waste of life and the tragic waste of food as ______________ for the day and the trip.
3. Callahan tries to force himself to think ___________ in order to come up with a solution for the leak in his boat.
4. Callahan decides that the ______________ is the best way for him to catch fish on the boat, despite other method attempts.
5. Callahan answers a number of questions of the __________ consul before finally getting some rest in the hospital.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three parts in which Callahan decides his mind has been split into as a result of this trip on the sea?
2. Who does Callahan suddenly imagine as his crew when he begins to see that fish is not going to sate him anymore?
3. What is able to help Callahan replenish his water supply for a bit while the stills continue to be temperamental?
4. What is the new source of food that Callahan finds which he has not seen in a while on his journey?
5. What does Callahan decide he needs to banish from his mind if he is to survive in the boat?
6. How does Callahan finally fix the hole that has been ruining the solar still that he tries to use?
7. What does Callahan do to celebrate the sight of land in the distance?
8. What is the main problem Callahan's family is having with the Coast Guard in an effort to rescue him from the ocean?
9. How had the fishermen come to find Callahan's boat in the water?
10. What does Callahan do to protect himself from a harsh landing on the rocky shore?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)