|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan catch, despite his weakness from the vomiting after drinking the water?
2. Callahan begins to note the new _____________ in his new vicinity and location, which makes him curious as to where he is.
(c) Weather patterns.
3. Later, Callahan accidentally punches a hole in the ___________ of the boat, although he fixes it quickly.
4. From what besides the radar reflector does Callahan take the remnants in order to help make a crude rain collector?
(a) The solar still.
(b) His clothing.
(c) The emergency kit.
(d) His book.
5. Callahan realizes that his ___________ is fragile at his point of the trip but he banishes the doubt from his mind.
(a) Emotional state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan decides it is his __________ which allows him to survive in the boat and in the world.
2. Callahan answers a number of questions of the __________ consul before finally getting some rest in the hospital.
3. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
4. What jumps into Callahan's raft and he tries to use it for bait, though it is unsuccessful?
5. What color is the light by which Callahan eats when he successfully traps another dorado fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is becoming harder for Callahan to complete after he has fixed the breach in the boat?
2. What does Callahan do when he realizes that he may be about two weeks from land?
3. What does Callahan not have to worry about at night anymore now that the weather has turned warm?
4. What does Callahan have to do before he can fix up the problem with the lower half of the life raft?
5. How does Callahan attempt to plot his likely course as he begins to recover from his illness?
6. What is the fix that Callahan uses on the lower tube, helping it to hold air better than the upper tube?
7. What is able to help Callahan replenish his water supply for a bit while the stills continue to be temperamental?
8. What does Callahan finally realize about the way a man's life is measured in terms of its worth to others?
9. What does Callahan decide he wants to eat when he is in the hospital, refusing other types of nourishment?
10. What can't Callahan do because of his declining health and hydration, even though he is filled with heartbreak?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)