|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria Galante is the smallest ___________ is the chain and that is where Callahan is finally taken.
2. What is the new color that Callahan can now see when he is looking out onto the horizon?
3. What is the source of the flash that Callahan sees when he wakes up in the middle of the night on April 20th?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A bomb.
(d) Flare gun.
4. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
(a) Continental shelf.
(d) Shipping lane.
5. What color is the light by which Callahan eats when he successfully traps another dorado fish?
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan realizes that his ___________ is fragile at his point of the trip but he banishes the doubt from his mind.
2. Who comes to the island in order to give Callahan a new wardrobe to wear after his journey?
3. What Callahan did not know is that the Coast Guard did not list the Napoleon Solo as __________ since another ship was found.
4. What does a fish bite into, causing water to drain back out to sea, according to the observations of Callahan?
5. While Callahan was once a fiercely independent man, he now understands man to be a _________ animal.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Callahan try to lure other fish to his boat in order to catch more food for his stockpile?
2. What is the damage which Callahan notices has occurred on his fishing spear, making it less effective?
3. What does Callahan do to celebrate the sight of land in the distance?
4. How does Callahan finally fix the hole that has been ruining the solar still that he tries to use?
5. What is the relationship that Callahan suddenly imagines with the dorado fish as they move past his boat?
6. What does Callahan attempt to do in order to keep himself hydrated as he continues to vomit?
7. How does Callahan attempt to plot his likely course as he begins to recover from his illness?
8. What does Callahan have to do before he can fix up the problem with the lower half of the life raft?
9. What happens when the dorado that Callahan tries to catch struggles with him during the process?
10. What is the new source of food that Callahan finds which he has not seen in a while on his journey?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)