|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
2. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(b) An inspection.
(c) He signals for help.
(d) He gathers extra water.
3. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Water in the boat.
(b) A shark in the boat.
(c) A broken solar still.
(d) Another sailor.
4. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
5. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
2. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
3. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
4. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
5. What does Callahan almost miss while he is distracted by the memories playing out in his mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
2. What happens after Callahan is able to kill a Dorado fish which has been running into his boat?
3. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
4. How does Callahan decide to ease his digestion as the lack of bowel movements are becoming uncomfortable and upsetting to him?
5. What does Callahan risk when he tries to squeak past the Finisterre during the next stage of the race?
6. What does Callahan do when he finally catches a triggerfish to eat when on the boat?
7. Why doesn't Callahan use his EPIRB more often in order to signal for help?
8. Why was there a possibility the Mini Transat might be delayed before Callahan had a chance to enter into it?
9. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
10. How does Callahan decide to prove to himself that he can fulfill his dream to cross the ocean during his life time?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)