|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) His shoe.
(b) A jelly jar.
(c) Coffee mug.
(d) Coffee can.
2. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
(a) His dry clothing.
(b) More fish.
(c) His journal.
(d) Water for drinking.
3. What does Callahan experience which helps him to endure the hot afternoon weather on his boat?
(a) A fever.
(b) A school of dolphins.
(c) A dream of his ex-wife.
(d) A rainshower.
4. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Coast Guard helicopter.
(c) Cruise ship.
(d) Race boat.
5. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
Short Answer Questions
1. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
2. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
3. While the new contraption Callahan has made with the gun works, the __________ he catches is almost lost to the water in a struggle.
4. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
5. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the leisure activities Callahan indulges in when he is on the Napoleon Solo?
2. What is the fix that Callahan uses on the lower tube, helping it to hold air better than the upper tube?
3. What is the relationship that Callahan suddenly imagines with the dorado fish as they move past his boat?
4. What happens after Callahan is able to kill a Dorado fish which has been running into his boat?
5. What is one of the signs that the life raft Callahan is using for survival is not holding air as well as it used to?
6. How does Callahan attempt to reinforce his cracked spearhead when he attempts to fish the next day after the incident with the dorado?
7. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
8. Why does Callahan decide to eat more of the herbivore fish than the Dorado fish?
9. How does Callahan begin to store food so that he may not run out of anything during times when he can not fish?
10. Why does Callahan want to have calmer weather, even though it might mean that he has a longer time until he might reach the shipping lanes?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)