|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
2. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
3. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
(c) Food options.
(d) Water needs.
4. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
5. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(b) The weather.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
2. On Callahan's __________ day at sea, he is cleaning out a dorado fish when he has a health issue.
3. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
4. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
5. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of dream is Callahan having when he wakes up in the night to crashing waves in the boat?
2. While Callahan hopes to reach his destination by February 25, what happens which seems to reduce the chances of this happening?
3. When Callahan sees a distant ship after his success with the food storage, how does he try to signal the ship?
4. What does Callahan do when he finally catches a triggerfish to eat when on the boat?
5. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
6. Why doesn't Callahan use his EPIRB more often in order to signal for help?
7. How does Callahan get the supplies he needs as he moves to his new location in the life raft?
8. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
9. What happens after Callahan is able to kill a Dorado fish which has been running into his boat?
10. What are some of the leisure activities Callahan indulges in when he is on the Napoleon Solo?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)