|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revives Callahan during his moment of health crisis when he is cleaning a dorado on the boat?
(a) A passing boat.
(b) A ray of sunshine.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A rogue wave.
2. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
3. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 40 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
4. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
5. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
2. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
3. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
4. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
5. After two difficult storms, Callahan declares his absolute _____________ for the lifestyle he is living in the boat.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Callahan use his EPIRB more often in order to signal for help?
2. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
3. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
4. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
5. What happened as a result of Callahan's readings of Tinkerbell when he was a child?
6. What is one of the signs that the life raft Callahan is using for survival is not holding air as well as it used to?
7. How does Callahan get the supplies he needs as he moves to his new location in the life raft?
8. How does Callahan begin to store food so that he may not run out of anything during times when he can not fish?
9. How long does Callahan calculate it will take the boat to reach the shipping lanes of the ocean?
10. Why does Callahan want to have calmer weather, even though it might mean that he has a longer time until he might reach the shipping lanes?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)