|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
2. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
(b) Emotional connections.
3. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
4. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(b) Rogue wave.
(c) Lightning bolt.
(d) Hail storm.
5. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
(a) Food options.
(d) Water needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
2. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
3. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
4. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
5. On Callahan's __________ day at sea, he is cleaning out a dorado fish when he has a health issue.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
2. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
3. When Callahan sees a distant ship after his success with the food storage, how does he try to signal the ship?
4. What does Callahan risk when he tries to squeak past the Finisterre during the next stage of the race?
5. While Callahan hopes to reach his destination by February 25, what happens which seems to reduce the chances of this happening?
6. Describe the new vessel which Callahan needs to use after his beloved Napoleon Solo sinks.
7. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
8. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
9. What is one of the signs that the life raft Callahan is using for survival is not holding air as well as it used to?
10. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)