Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 21.
(b) February 4.
(c) February 20.
(d) February 25.
2. Callahan feels __________ for killing the fish, even though he needs it for food in order to stay alive.
3. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(b) Hail storm.
(c) Lightning bolt.
(d) Rogue wave.
4. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
(a) Emotional connections.
5. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
2. What does Callahan mount on the top of the canopy in order to try to collect any rainwater when the storms come up?
3. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
4. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
5. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fix that Callahan uses on the lower tube, helping it to hold air better than the upper tube?
2. What can't Callahan do because of his declining health and hydration, even though he is filled with heartbreak?
3. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
4. What is the main problem Callahan's family is having with the Coast Guard in an effort to rescue him from the ocean?
5. What is the damage which Callahan notices has occurred on his fishing spear, making it less effective?
6. What happens to the raft as the winds begin to pick up around the raft as Callahan tries to navigate?
7. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
8. What are the three parts in which Callahan decides his mind has been split into as a result of this trip on the sea?
9. Why does Callahan decide to eat more of the herbivore fish than the Dorado fish?
10. How does Callahan finally fix the hole that has been ruining the solar still that he tries to use?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)