|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 4.
(b) February 16.
(c) February 10.
(d) February 5.
2. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
3. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(b) He signals for help.
(c) He gathers extra water.
(d) An inspection.
4. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
5. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) A shark in the boat.
(b) A broken solar still.
(c) Another sailor.
(d) Water in the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
2. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
3. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
4. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
5. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Callahan do when he realizes that he may be about two weeks from land?
2. What happens as a result of Callahan fixing up the holes in his raft as he is sailing along in the water?
3. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
4. What does Callahan do to celebrate the sight of land in the distance?
5. What happens to the boat as a result of the fish fighting with Callahan during his attempts to catch it?
6. What does Callahan begin to document in order to calculate the odds of his own survival?
7. Why doesn't Callahan use his EPIRB more often in order to signal for help?
8. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
9. What is able to help Callahan replenish his water supply for a bit while the stills continue to be temperamental?
10. What does Callahan risk when he tries to squeak past the Finisterre during the next stage of the race?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)