|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) Salt water.
(c) A bacterial infection.
(d) Lack of water.
2. Callahan feels __________ for killing the fish, even though he needs it for food in order to stay alive.
3. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He signals for help.
(b) An inspection.
(d) He gathers extra water.
4. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(c) Sea greens.
5. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The mast.
(b) Tent like canopy.
(c) A sail.
(d) The sides.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
2. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
3. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
4. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
5. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
2. What does Callahan do when he finally catches a triggerfish to eat when on the boat?
3. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
4. What kind of dream is Callahan having when he wakes up in the night to crashing waves in the boat?
5. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
6. What happens as a result of Callahan fixing up the holes in his raft as he is sailing along in the water?
7. When Callahan sees a distant ship after his success with the food storage, how does he try to signal the ship?
8. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
9. How does Callahan decide to ease his digestion as the lack of bowel movements are becoming uncomfortable and upsetting to him?
10. Why was there a possibility the Mini Transat might be delayed before Callahan had a chance to enter into it?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)