|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(b) A sticker.
(c) A piece of the rope.
(d) A portion of the sail.
2. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
3. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) Gale force winds.
(b) A pro like Callahan.
(c) Each other.
4. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
5. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
2. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
3. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
4. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
5. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
2. What happened as a result of Callahan's readings of Tinkerbell when he was a child?
3. What is one of the signs that the life raft Callahan is using for survival is not holding air as well as it used to?
4. Why doesn't Callahan use his EPIRB more often in order to signal for help?
5. How long does Callahan calculate it will take the boat to reach the shipping lanes of the ocean?
6. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
7. How does Callahan get the supplies he needs as he moves to his new location in the life raft?
8. Where does the sinking of the Napoleon Solo take place, according to Callahan's calculations?
9. Why does Callahan want to have calmer weather, even though it might mean that he has a longer time until he might reach the shipping lanes?
10. While Callahan hopes to reach his destination by February 25, what happens which seems to reduce the chances of this happening?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)