|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 10.
(b) February 16.
(c) February 5.
(d) February 4.
2. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
3. What continues to cause Callahan's ship to be battered about the ocean, not adding to the comfort of Callahan?
4. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
5. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(a) A bright sail.
(c) An SOS flag.
(d) A flare gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
2. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
3. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
4. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
5. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
2. What does Mr. Willoughby try to tell Callahan about his dream to sail a boat across the ocean?
3. What happened as a result of Callahan's readings of Tinkerbell when he was a child?
4. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
5. Describe the new vessel which Callahan needs to use after his beloved Napoleon Solo sinks.
6. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
7. How does Callahan begin to store food so that he may not run out of anything during times when he can not fish?
8. What kind of dream is Callahan having when he wakes up in the night to crashing waves in the boat?
9. How does Callahan decide to prove to himself that he can fulfill his dream to cross the ocean during his life time?
10. Why does Callahan decide to eat more of the herbivore fish than the Dorado fish?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)