|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
2. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
3. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
4. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
5. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
(a) Napoleon Solo.
(b) Ponce de Leon.
(c) Trans Mat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
2. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
3. After two difficult storms, Callahan declares his absolute _____________ for the lifestyle he is living in the boat.
4. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
5. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
2. What happens to the raft as the winds begin to pick up around the raft as Callahan tries to navigate?
3. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
4. Why does Callahan decide to eat more of the herbivore fish than the Dorado fish?
5. What does Callahan begin to document in order to calculate the odds of his own survival?
6. Where does the sinking of the Napoleon Solo take place, according to Callahan's calculations?
7. What does Callahan attempt to do in order to keep himself hydrated as he continues to vomit?
8. How does Callahan decide to prove to himself that he can fulfill his dream to cross the ocean during his life time?
9. What happens as a result of Callahan fixing up the holes in his raft as he is sailing along in the water?
10. What does Callahan do to celebrate the sight of land in the distance?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)