|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
2. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The weather.
(b) His thoughts.
(d) The sea.
3. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
4. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
5. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) Coffee mug.
(b) A jelly jar.
(c) Coffee can.
(d) His shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
2. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
3. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
4. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
5. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
2. Why doesn't Callahan use his EPIRB more often in order to signal for help?
3. Where does the sinking of the Napoleon Solo take place, according to Callahan's calculations?
4. When Callahan sees a distant ship after his success with the food storage, how does he try to signal the ship?
5. While Callahan hopes to reach his destination by February 25, what happens which seems to reduce the chances of this happening?
6. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
7. What happens after Callahan is able to kill a Dorado fish which has been running into his boat?
8. What does Callahan risk when he tries to squeak past the Finisterre during the next stage of the race?
9. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
10. What happened as a result of Callahan's readings of Tinkerbell when he was a child?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)