|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The mast.
(b) The sides.
(c) Tent like canopy.
(d) A sail.
2. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
3. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
(b) More fish.
(d) A new ship passing by.
4. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
(a) Water needs.
(d) Food options.
5. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
(a) Two times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ wind would mean faster travel, although it does present its own set of difficulties when a person is trying to sail.
2. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
3. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
4. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
5. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened as a result of Callahan's readings of Tinkerbell when he was a child?
2. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
3. Why doesn't Callahan use his EPIRB more often in order to signal for help?
4. How does Callahan decide to ease his digestion as the lack of bowel movements are becoming uncomfortable and upsetting to him?
5. What does Mr. Willoughby try to tell Callahan about his dream to sail a boat across the ocean?
6. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
7. Where does the sinking of the Napoleon Solo take place, according to Callahan's calculations?
8. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
9. When Callahan sees a distant ship after his success with the food storage, how does he try to signal the ship?
10. While Callahan hopes to reach his destination by February 25, what happens which seems to reduce the chances of this happening?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)