|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
2. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
(a) Sea survival.
(b) Science fiction.
(d) A family who misses their sailing relative.
3. What revives Callahan during his moment of health crisis when he is cleaning a dorado on the boat?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A rogue wave.
(d) A passing boat.
4. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(b) His army knife.
(c) A novel.
(d) A flare gun.
5. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(a) An SOS flag.
(b) A bright sail.
(c) A flare gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan eat the last of after the soup that he makes, though he is still realizes he is malnourished?
2. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
3. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
4. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
5. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main problem Callahan's family is having with the Coast Guard in an effort to rescue him from the ocean?
2. What was the warning that Callahan's ex-wife had given him, which Callahan now recalls?
3. How had the fishermen come to find Callahan's boat in the water?
4. What is able to help Callahan replenish his water supply for a bit while the stills continue to be temperamental?
5. What is the first sign of land what Callahan sees when he wakes up during the night on April 20th?
6. What are the three parts in which Callahan decides his mind has been split into as a result of this trip on the sea?
7. What are some of the leisure activities Callahan indulges in when he is on the Napoleon Solo?
8. How does Callahan try to lure other fish to his boat in order to catch more food for his stockpile?
9. What does Callahan begin to document in order to calculate the odds of his own survival?
10. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)