|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(b) The sea.
(c) The weather.
(d) His thoughts.
2. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 10.
(b) February 16.
(c) February 4.
(d) February 5.
3. Callahan begins to appreciate how much better suited the local ____________ are to the area.
(a) Fish life.
(b) Plant life.
4. Callahan is worried about his _______________, so he decides to do some yoga to see if that helps him at all.
(b) Digestive tract.
(c) Mental state.
(d) Muscle weakness.
5. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) His shoe.
(b) A jelly jar.
(c) Coffee can.
(d) Coffee mug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
2. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
3. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
4. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
5. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the new vessel which Callahan needs to use after his beloved Napoleon Solo sinks.
2. What kind of dream is Callahan having when he wakes up in the night to crashing waves in the boat?
3. What does Callahan do when he finally catches a triggerfish to eat when on the boat?
4. What is one of the signs that the life raft Callahan is using for survival is not holding air as well as it used to?
5. What does Callahan risk when he tries to squeak past the Finisterre during the next stage of the race?
6. What does Mr. Willoughby try to tell Callahan about his dream to sail a boat across the ocean?
7. While Callahan hopes to reach his destination by February 25, what happens which seems to reduce the chances of this happening?
8. How does Callahan get the supplies he needs as he moves to his new location in the life raft?
9. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
10. How does Callahan begin to store food so that he may not run out of anything during times when he can not fish?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)