|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
2. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) His food supply.
(b) His clothing.
(c) Solar stills.
(d) The EPIRB.
3. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
4. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
5. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
(a) The EPIRB.
(b) A box of supplies.
(c) His life raft.
(d) His flares.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
2. While the new contraption Callahan has made with the gun works, the __________ he catches is almost lost to the water in a struggle.
3. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
4. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
5. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Callahan decide to prove to himself that he can fulfill his dream to cross the ocean during his life time?
2. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
3. What does Callahan do when he finally catches a triggerfish to eat when on the boat?
4. Where does the sinking of the Napoleon Solo take place, according to Callahan's calculations?
5. How does Callahan decide to ease his digestion as the lack of bowel movements are becoming uncomfortable and upsetting to him?
6. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
7. When Callahan sees a distant ship after his success with the food storage, how does he try to signal the ship?
8. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
9. What happened as a result of Callahan's readings of Tinkerbell when he was a child?
10. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)