|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(a) An SOS flag.
(b) A flare gun.
(c) A bright sail.
2. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 1000 miles.
(c) 600 kilometers.
(d) 600 miles.
3. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
(a) More fish.
(b) A new ship passing by.
4. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
5. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(b) Sea greens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
2. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
3. After two difficult storms, Callahan declares his absolute _____________ for the lifestyle he is living in the boat.
4. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
5. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
2. Why was there a possibility the Mini Transat might be delayed before Callahan had a chance to enter into it?
3. Why does Callahan want to have calmer weather, even though it might mean that he has a longer time until he might reach the shipping lanes?
4. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
5. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
6. What are some of the leisure activities Callahan indulges in when he is on the Napoleon Solo?
7. How does Callahan begin to store food so that he may not run out of anything during times when he can not fish?
8. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
9. What happens as a result of Callahan fixing up the holes in his raft as he is sailing along in the water?
10. How does Callahan decide to prove to himself that he can fulfill his dream to cross the ocean during his life time?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)