|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
2. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
3. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Water in the boat.
(b) A broken solar still.
(c) A shark in the boat.
(d) Another sailor.
4. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
5. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
2. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
3. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
4. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
5. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Callahan is able to kill a Dorado fish which has been running into his boat?
2. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
3. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
4. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
5. What are some of the leisure activities Callahan indulges in when he is on the Napoleon Solo?
6. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
7. Describe the new vessel which Callahan needs to use after his beloved Napoleon Solo sinks.
8. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
9. What kind of dream is Callahan having when he wakes up in the night to crashing waves in the boat?
10. What does Callahan do when he finally catches a triggerfish to eat when on the boat?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)