|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
(a) The local authorities.
(b) His family.
(c) His crew members.
2. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) Meridian Strait.
(b) South Equatorial.
(c) Atlantic Trough.
(d) North Equatorial.
3. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(d) No one.
4. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
5. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 10.
(b) February 5.
(c) February 4.
(d) February 16.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
2. After two difficult storms, Callahan declares his absolute _____________ for the lifestyle he is living in the boat.
3. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
4. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
5. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
2. What happens after Callahan is able to kill a Dorado fish which has been running into his boat?
3. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
4. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
5. What does Mr. Willoughby try to tell Callahan about his dream to sail a boat across the ocean?
6. How does Callahan decide to ease his digestion as the lack of bowel movements are becoming uncomfortable and upsetting to him?
7. Why does Callahan want to have calmer weather, even though it might mean that he has a longer time until he might reach the shipping lanes?
8. While Callahan hopes to reach his destination by February 25, what happens which seems to reduce the chances of this happening?
9. How does Callahan get the supplies he needs as he moves to his new location in the life raft?
10. What happened as a result of Callahan's readings of Tinkerbell when he was a child?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)