Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine often called Callahan a ________ man when they were together, which has led him to little luck with romance.
2. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
3. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
(a) Water for drinking.
(b) More fish.
(c) His dry clothing.
(d) His journal.
4. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
5. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 20.
(b) February 4.
(c) February 25.
(d) February 21.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
2. What does Callahan eat the last of after the soup that he makes, though he is still realizes he is malnourished?
3. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
4. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
5. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Callahan decide he needs to banish from his mind if he is to survive in the boat?
2. What does Callahan attempt to do in order to keep himself hydrated as he continues to vomit?
3. What is the fix that Callahan uses on the lower tube, helping it to hold air better than the upper tube?
4. What can't Callahan do because of his declining health and hydration, even though he is filled with heartbreak?
5. What is the problem of the choices which Callahan continues to make as he faces the problems of surviving in the boat?
6. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
7. What is able to help Callahan replenish his water supply for a bit while the stills continue to be temperamental?
8. How does Callahan get the supplies he needs as he moves to his new location in the life raft?
9. What does Callahan do to protect himself from a harsh landing on the rocky shore?
10. What does Callahan have to do before he can fix up the problem with the lower half of the life raft?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)