|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
(c) A storm.
(d) A downpour.
2. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(b) He signals for help.
(c) An inspection.
(d) He gathers extra water.
3. Catherine often called Callahan a ________ man when they were together, which has led him to little luck with romance.
4. What does Callahan experience which helps him to endure the hot afternoon weather on his boat?
(a) A fever.
(b) A rainshower.
(c) A dream of his ex-wife.
(d) A school of dolphins.
5. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(a) A novel.
(b) A flare gun.
(c) His army knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
2. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
3. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
4. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
5. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the new vessel which Callahan needs to use after his beloved Napoleon Solo sinks.
2. How does Callahan get the supplies he needs as he moves to his new location in the life raft?
3. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
4. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
5. While Callahan hopes to reach his destination by February 25, what happens which seems to reduce the chances of this happening?
6. What does Callahan begin to document in order to calculate the odds of his own survival?
7. What does Callahan risk when he tries to squeak past the Finisterre during the next stage of the race?
8. How does Callahan begin to store food so that he may not run out of anything during times when he can not fish?
9. What are some of the leisure activities Callahan indulges in when he is on the Napoleon Solo?
10. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)