|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
(a) Stocking up.
(b) Taking on a passenger.
(c) Mooring for a while.
(d) Going home.
2. Callahan is worried about his _______________, so he decides to do some yoga to see if that helps him at all.
(a) Muscle weakness.
(b) Digestive tract.
(d) Mental state.
3. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
4. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
5. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
2. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
3. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
4. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
5. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does Callahan calculate it will take the boat to reach the shipping lanes of the ocean?
2. What is one of the signs that the life raft Callahan is using for survival is not holding air as well as it used to?
3. What does Callahan risk when he tries to squeak past the Finisterre during the next stage of the race?
4. What kind of dream is Callahan having when he wakes up in the night to crashing waves in the boat?
5. What happens as a result of Callahan fixing up the holes in his raft as he is sailing along in the water?
6. How does Callahan begin to store food so that he may not run out of anything during times when he can not fish?
7. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
8. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
9. What does Mr. Willoughby try to tell Callahan about his dream to sail a boat across the ocean?
10. What does Callahan begin to document in order to calculate the odds of his own survival?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)