|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(b) A portion of the sail.
(c) A piece of the rope.
(d) A sticker.
2. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(a) Lightning bolt.
(c) Hail storm.
(d) Rogue wave.
3. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
(d) Emotional connections.
4. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(b) The sea.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) The weather.
5. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
2. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
3. Callahan begins to appreciate how much better suited the local ____________ are to the area.
4. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
5. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
2. What happened as a result of Callahan's readings of Tinkerbell when he was a child?
3. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
4. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
5. While Callahan hopes to reach his destination by February 25, what happens which seems to reduce the chances of this happening?
6. What is one of the signs that the life raft Callahan is using for survival is not holding air as well as it used to?
7. What does Callahan do when he finally catches a triggerfish to eat when on the boat?
8. What happens after Callahan is able to kill a Dorado fish which has been running into his boat?
9. Why was there a possibility the Mini Transat might be delayed before Callahan had a chance to enter into it?
10. Where does the sinking of the Napoleon Solo take place, according to Callahan's calculations?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)