|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
2. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 25.
(b) February 21.
(c) February 20.
(d) February 4.
3. What does Callahan experience which helps him to endure the hot afternoon weather on his boat?
(a) A dream of his ex-wife.
(b) A rainshower.
(c) A fever.
(d) A school of dolphins.
4. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
5. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
(a) Five times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Two times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
2. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
3. While Callahan appreciates the simple __________ of the natural world, he still yearns to be rescued from his condition.
4. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
5. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for the harpoon gun to have a strap on it, according to Callahan?
2. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
3. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
4. What kind of dream is Callahan having when he wakes up in the night to crashing waves in the boat?
5. How does Callahan decide to ease his digestion as the lack of bowel movements are becoming uncomfortable and upsetting to him?
6. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
7. Why was there a possibility the Mini Transat might be delayed before Callahan had a chance to enter into it?
8. When Callahan sees a distant ship after his success with the food storage, how does he try to signal the ship?
9. Describe the new vessel which Callahan needs to use after his beloved Napoleon Solo sinks.
10. What does Callahan risk when he tries to squeak past the Finisterre during the next stage of the race?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)