|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Race boat.
(b) Coast Guard helicopter.
(c) Cruise ship.
2. The ___________ proves difficult to clean as well as providing little sustenance in return for the effort.
3. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
4. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(a) A flare gun.
(b) An SOS flag.
(c) A bright sail.
5. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(a) Can of peanuts.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A candy bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
2. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
3. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
4. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
5. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was there a possibility the Mini Transat might be delayed before Callahan had a chance to enter into it?
2. What kind of dream is Callahan having when he wakes up in the night to crashing waves in the boat?
3. What happened as a result of Callahan's readings of Tinkerbell when he was a child?
4. Why does Callahan decide to eat more of the herbivore fish than the Dorado fish?
5. When Callahan sees a distant ship after his success with the food storage, how does he try to signal the ship?
6. Why doesn't Callahan use his EPIRB more often in order to signal for help?
7. What has happened to the electrics in the Napoleon Solo, according to the notes of Callahan?
8. What does Callahan begin to document in order to calculate the odds of his own survival?
9. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
10. What does Callahan learn about the Italian vessel he passes during the beginning stages of the race?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)