|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
(a) His journal.
(b) His dry clothing.
(c) More fish.
(d) Water for drinking.
2. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
3. Catherine often called Callahan a ________ man when they were together, which has led him to little luck with romance.
4. What does Callahan experience which helps him to endure the hot afternoon weather on his boat?
(a) A fever.
(b) A school of dolphins.
(c) A rainshower.
(d) A dream of his ex-wife.
5. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
Short Answer Questions
1. The power strap of Callahan's _____________ gun has fallen loose and now sinks below the waves.
2. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
3. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
4. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
5. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Callahan decide to grab supplies as his ship is going down, aside to aid him in survival?
2. What happens as a result of Callahan fixing up the holes in his raft as he is sailing along in the water?
3. Where does the sinking of the Napoleon Solo take place, according to Callahan's calculations?
4. Why was there a possibility the Mini Transat might be delayed before Callahan had a chance to enter into it?
5. How does Callahan decide to ease his digestion as the lack of bowel movements are becoming uncomfortable and upsetting to him?
6. What is the fear that Callahan has when he begins to think he has reached the shipping lanes in the ocean?
7. What does Callahan do when he finally catches a triggerfish to eat when on the boat?
8. What happens to the harpoon gun that Callahan has had on the boat with him during his journey?
9. How does Callahan decide to prove to himself that he can fulfill his dream to cross the ocean during his life time?
10. How does Callahan get the supplies he needs as he moves to his new location in the life raft?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)